Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

One room, One week, One theme

Comments

• rosemowrosemow Posts: 163,584 Member
    It is very special that you have made a sims gameversion of your childhood kitchen! @Ainsleyf <3 It would have brought back many treasured happy memories of times spent with your family in the kitchen.
    The layout and furnishing of the room is very nice! Very nice green and gold colour scheme of the room. It is great that there are cooking, dining and sitting areas in the room. Very nice cooking area! The cabinets look great how they have been placed to create the stove nook and wall utensils are a great touch on the wall. The cookbooks, apples, basket of apples and apple pie on the counter looks very great ! The fruit pictures look very nice on the walls through the kitchen and suit the room very well! Very nice windows dining nook, for sims to enjoy sitting there eating apple pie slices with sunshine coming in through the nice green curtained windows! The plant is a nice touch of nature on the table top, and the type of chairs used suits well the type of room.The fireplace sitting area looks so warming and homely! It looks very nice how you have done the fireplace! The candies are a calming touch on the shelving, and through apples pictures and the flowers look very nice on the table behind the sofa. Sims will enjoy sitting resting on the green sofa near the fire, reading a book. The corner booknook looks great! The floor rug adds to the very nice look of the room The crockery cabinet and the teaset on the coffee table are very nice home kitchen touches. Very nice windows table nook, with the lamp and fruit bowl. The yellow flowers look very sunny! The coat wall rack is a nice home touch.
    It is a very special apple themed kitchen! Thankyou very much for entering this week’s challenge ! :)
    Hello @emere :) Apple pie is delicious ! It is nice that your favourite Apple variety is Granny Smith :)
    The design and furnishing of Apple Pie Kitchen is very nice! :) The gingham wall panelling, and the wall patterning in the cooking area looks very nice! It looks a very nice homely kitchen. The growing harvestable apple tree in the corner nook is great! The shape of the island workbench and bar stool counter looks very nice. Sims will enjoy sitting on the red patterned stools there eating a meal. The fruit bowl on the counter and fruit pictures on the wall suit the room theme well! The cookbooks, knife block, red wall utensils, tea bags wall knives , hanging wall pans and wall spice set are nice kitchen touches. The wooden textured cabinets and the wooden flooring looks very nice and homely. Chef Gino mysim looks cute! It is great that the stove and fridge are coloured red, and the hand towel is green. Sims will enjoy listening to music through the wall speaker whilst cooking and dining in the kitchen. Very nice corner nook with the apple pictures on the walls! The diffrerent types of apple pictures and the way that they are placed there looks very nice! The green flowers is a pretty touch on the corner table and the starry string lights look very nice on the walll. The green patterned floor rugs add a nice look to the kitchen,
    The apple themed furnishing of the room looks very nice! Thankyou very much for entering this week’s challenge! :)
  • luckyheatherluckyheather Posts: 19,776 Member
    Fantastic kitchens! and each one is different and colourful, love them <3 I have been busy so I will have a think sap as the Jungle is calling me at the moment :)
    Fantastic kitchens! and each one is different and colourful, love them <3 I have been busy so I will have a think sap as the Jungle is calling me at the moment :)

Hello @luckyheather :) I am looking forward to the new Jungles Adventure pack also! It sounds great!
  • nineteen80simsnineteen80sims Posts: 28 Member
    Hi :smiley:

This is my first post on the forums and my first attempt at the one room, one week, one theme challenge. Really enjoyed creating a cosy, country style kitchen!

Entry Form
    Theme for the week: Apple Harvest Kitchen
    Gallery name of room: Apple Harvest Kitchen
    Origin id: nineteen80sims
    Pictures of the room: Can't post images or links yet, but urls to pictures are:

h t t p s://imgur.com/MdJQMfS
    h t t p s://imgur.com/BSrbOPU
    h t t p s://imgur.com/JY0fYuU
    h t t p s://imgur.com/p9ZAp7I
    h t t p s://imgur.com/nShMIVG
    h t t p s://imgur.com/nRE2yn5
    Hi :smiley:

This is my first post on the forums and my first attempt at the one room, one week, one theme challenge. Really enjoyed creating a cosy, country style kitchen!

Entry Form
    Gallery name of room: Apple Harvest Kitchen
    https://www.ea.com/en-gb/games/the-sims/the-sims-4/pc/gallery/8C36A37C199211E8819676F13684D7AF
    Origin id: nineteen80sims
    Pictures of the room: Can't post images or links yet, but urls to pictures are:

MdJQMfS.png
    BSrbOPU.png

JY0fYuU.png

p9ZAp7I.png

nShMIVG.png

nRE2yn5.png

Hello @nineteen80sims :)
    Welcome to the forums and the room challenge thread! It is so very nice and special that you have joined us and have created a kitchen for this week's challenge ! Thankyou so very much! :) I hope that you will also enjoy entering future room challenges too!
    I will write about your very nice kitchen soon but just wanted to post the pictures for you first, and welcome you to the thread :)
    Apple Harvest Kitchen is a very nice and homely kitchen! @nineteen80sims :) The green and golden apples colour scheme of the room looks very nice! The gingham wall patterning adds a special warmth feel to the room. Very nice layout and furnishing of the room! It looks nice the type of homely kitchen cabinets that have been used. The island stove and workbench counter is great to use when cooking. The fruit bowl and apples on the counter and dining table suits the room theme well! The hanging herbs, wall spice set, dish rack, knives block, wall and jug utensils, saucepans, condiments and sauces are nice kitchen touches. It is thoughtful of you to put a pets bowl feeder in the room. Very nice windows dining nook! Sims will enjoy sitting at the table eating a meal with sunshine coming in through the windows onto them. The type of and placement of the golden curtains looks very nice. The apples picture and the scenic picture are nice on the kitchen walls. The planter boxes on the wall are nice touches of nature and the flowers in the corner nook look very pretty.
    It is a very special kitchen for Apple Harvest time! Thankyou very much for entering this week’s challenge ! :)
  • Broncos4lifeBroncos4life Posts: 11,798 Member
    Am I the only one not getting notifications from this thread? It’s still listed in my bookmarks, and moves to the top when someone comments, it just takes me the latest page as if I had been in the thread without any new comments, if that makes any sense :D
    Do you like solving a mystery? Come join a mafia game!
    Link: here!

71t7p4hX88L._AC_SL1500_.jpg
    Am I the only one not getting notifications from this thread? It’s still listed in my bookmarks, and moves to the top when someone comments, it just takes me the latest page as if I had been in the thread without any new comments, if that makes any sense :D

Hello @Broncos4life
    I am getting notifications but I started the thread, so that may be different.
  • nineteen80simsnineteen80sims Posts: 28 Member
    [quote="rosemow;c-16344285"]Apple Harvest Kitchen is a very nice and homely kitchen! @nineteen80sims :) The green and golden apples colour scheme of the room looks very nice! The gingham wall patterning adds a special warmth feel to the room. Very nice layout and furnishing of the room! It looks nice the type of homely kitchen cabinets that have been used. The island stove and workbench counter is great to use when cooking. The fruit bowl and apples on the counter and dining table suits the room theme well! The hanging herbs, wall spice set, dish rack, knives block, wall and jug utensils, saucepans, condiments and sauces are nice kitchen touches. It is thoughtful of you to put a pets bowl feeder in the room. Very nice windows dining nook! Sims will enjoy sitting at the table eating a meal with sunshine coming in through the windows onto them. The type of and placement of the golden curtains looks very nice. The apples picture and the scenic picture are nice on the kitchen walls. The planter boxes on the wall are nice touches of nature and the flowers in the corner nook look very pretty.
    It is a very special kitchen for Apple Harvest time! Thankyou very much for entering this week’s challenge ! :)[/quote]

Thanks for the kind comments!! I'm looking forward to moving some Sims in and making use of the kitchen :)
    rosemow wrote: »
    Apple Harvest Kitchen is a very nice and homely kitchen! @nineteen80sims :) The green and golden apples colour scheme of the room looks very nice! The gingham wall patterning adds a special warmth feel to the room. Very nice layout and furnishing of the room! It looks nice the type of homely kitchen cabinets that have been used. The island stove and workbench counter is great to use when cooking. The fruit bowl and apples on the counter and dining table suits the room theme well! The hanging herbs, wall spice set, dish rack, knives block, wall and jug utensils, saucepans, condiments and sauces are nice kitchen touches. It is thoughtful of you to put a pets bowl feeder in the room. Very nice windows dining nook! Sims will enjoy sitting at the table eating a meal with sunshine coming in through the windows onto them. The type of and placement of the golden curtains looks very nice. The apples picture and the scenic picture are nice on the kitchen walls. The planter boxes on the wall are nice touches of nature and the flowers in the corner nook look very pretty.
    It is a very special kitchen for Apple Harvest time! Thankyou very much for entering this week’s challenge ! :)

Thanks for the kind comments!! I'm looking forward to moving some Sims in and making use of the kitchen :)

You’re welcome @nineteen80sims :)
  • JazztizzJazztizz Posts: 627 Member
    detonitus wrote: »
    > @Jazztizz said:
    > @detonitus welcome to the best thread on the forum. But then I'm biased and really haven't checked out any other threads. =) Your kitchen is so lovely. I hope you keep building. Your colors and layout are fab.

Thank you so so much! I must say, up until now this is the thread I keep checking on to see new rooms and such haha - so another biased person in the making here ;)

@detonitus
    I know right? Me too! =) Total eye candy. Always a treat ;)
    Find your pack. Love them hard.Because life is short, and sometimes they disappear.Missing Benjamin.Dd9S8jh.gif
    Hey guys! Beautiful rooms. Wow!

Hey does anyone know the build cheat that allows you to move objects vertically as well as horizontally? I can't remember.

Thanks!
    Find your pack. Love them hard.Because life is short, and sometimes they disappear.Missing Benjamin.Dd9S8jh.gif
    Jazztizz wrote: »
    Hey guys! Beautiful rooms. Wow!

Hey does anyone know the build cheat that allows you to move objects vertically as well as horizontally? I can't remember.

Thanks!

Hello @Jazztizz :) You can use the 0 and 9 keys to move objects up and down
  • WILDFLOWER1971WILDFLOWER1971 Posts: 211 Member
    @Jazztizz check out these tutorials on Youtube
    James 3:13
    Who among you is wise and understanding? Let him show by his good behavior his deeds in the gentleness of wisdom.

https://facebook.com/PiperSims4Gaming/?ref=bookmarks
    @rosemow thank you. @WILDFLOWER1971 thanks! Any special one or series?
    edited February 2018
    Gallery name of room : 702 Zenview Kitchen Reno
    Origin id : Zevath
    Pictures of the room:

4RQiuwp.jpg

#oneroomoneweekonetheme apple theme kitchen. #702zenview apartment kitchen so the 9- and 3-o'clock windows won't show unless it's placed there. Otherwise, any modern rectangle will work and this is a small kitchen so it will fit most homes/apartments. #zevath

Not a lot of time but I did manage this quick one. I hope you like it.

♥.
    Post edited by Jazztizz on
    702 Zenview Kitchen Reno is a very nice Apple Harvest Kitchen for an apartment! @Jazztizz :) The red, grey and black colour scheme of the room looks very nice and effective , and suits it well being in an apartment. The grey brick wall texture looks nice, and the mural is a great feature in the room! The fruit pictures on the wall suit the theme well and are very nice for sims to see as they cook and dine there. The red and green plants on the edge of the window and the flowers in the red planter boxes either sides of the window are special touches in the room. The saucepans on the fridge and hand towel on the wall are nice kitchen touches. The red blossom plant is a nice touch in the room. Sims will enjoy sitting on the red dining chairs eating a nice home cooked meal with apple pie.
    The furnishing of the kitchen looks very nice! Thankyou very much for entering this week’s challenge ! :)
  • lsnishilsnishi Posts: 2,714 Member
    Lovely rooms everyone! Decided to do one too. :) It's based on fond memories of my grandma's cooking. She always had something delicious for you to eat and would remember what your favorite dish was and make sure she made it for you! Although she never made apple pie, she knew I loved popovers and always had some baking when I came over. :)

Challenge No. 151
    Gallery name of room: Grandma's Apple Pie
    Origin ID: lsnishi
    Link: https://www.ea.com/en-au/games/the-sims/the-sims-4/pc/gallery/0BE690D019E111E88C8D73C6E17ED8DF
    Pics of Room:
    cW0Qxft.png
    v3Ytnxc.png
    bEYbEad.png
    fCwo6GI.png
    PDWxp40.jpg
    It was very special and lovely that you based Grandma’s Apple Pie kitchen on special memories that you have of your Grandma @lsnishi <3 It was very kind of her to cook for you delicious popovers :) Very nice design , layout and furnishing of the room! The green and yellow colour scheme of the room looks very nice. The type of kitchen cabinets, counters, and the dining chairs used looks very homely. It is a nice touch that sims will sit at a round table to eat their meals. The yellow curtains look nice placed over green windows. The wall display plates, hanging herbs, wall knives, spice set, hanging utensils over the stove, cookbooks and dish rack are nice home kitchen touches. The sunflowers on the dining table are a very nice sunny sunshine touch! The display plates on the side wall table and the wreath on the wall look homely and nice. The lavender flowers are very pretty in the corner nook. The circular and oval floor rugs add a special look in the room.
    It is a very nice homely kitchen! Thankyou very much for entering this week’s challenge! :)
  • lsnishilsnishi Posts: 2,714 Member
    Thanks @rosemow. I just recently found out that what we call popovers in the US are like Yorkshire Puddings in the UK. I have no idea how my grandma learned to make them since she immigrated to the US from Japan, but she was a wonderful cook and baker. I still like to cook some of her recipes sometimes. :)
    PDWxp40.jpg
  • AlyRay96AlyRay96 Posts: 65 Member
    @Jazztizz Very clean and modern looking kitchen. Reminds me of a crisp apple. Love it.
    @lsnishi love the name and it looks super comfortable. I’d love to sit in there.
    @Bootiesrus looks comfortable. The name reminded me of sims 3 when we got the preserves station. I’d love to have that back!
    @ashcrash nice use of colour and pictures
    @carolynrosser I think your “apples” look amazing and I love the plaid. Great job!
    @Ainsleyf such an amazing kitchen! You deserve a maxis fave for this! The pie station is so cute and the idea of having the little living room attached is so cute. Just waiting for the pie while relaxing. Outstanding job!
    @emere something about your kitchen just feels so homey and lovely. I’d love to sit there for hours. I love the tree in there. The colours are also amazing. I love the plaid with those cabinet colours. Great job!
    @nineteen80sims nice decor! Very good idea!
    “Listen, smile, agree and then do whatever you were going to do anyway.“
  • xraygrl2004xraygrl2004 Posts: 84 Member
    Challenge No. 151
    Gallery name of room: Country Apple Kitchen
    Origin ID: Xraygrl2004
    Link: https://www.ea.com/games/the-sims/the-sims-4/pc/gallery/4BA68A361A3B11E8804506B0DEDCFC5B
    Pictures of Room:
    En2Pa4W.png
    2UvjTuG.png
    Aem7w2f.png
    JN7OkAp.png
    Rke3QSo.jpg
  • AinsleyfAinsleyf Posts: 880 Member
    So many gorgeous kitchens! I'm really enjoying this week's theme!!
    @Rosemow, wonderful idea and thank you ever so much for the lovely review
    @alyray96 - thank you so much for the absolutely lovely words! High praise!! That couch and fireplace are actually part of the kitchen. It's the kitchen in the house I grew up in. My dad still lives there, but it's since been redone in blue and white; it was the green/gold of the 1970's. The living room is across the hall. My entry is a little Sim 'monument' to my mother's apple pie.
    And I really like your brick wall with the counter/serving area and the green red and white chairs in yours. I love all the cabinets against the brick as well. LOVE brick kitchens. Very cool!
    @coolsim9999999 - You managed to get a sort of country store clutter look with the modern furniture. Very unique and original! I really really like it! And the ice cream is such a cute touch! (Story is adorable too!)
    @detonius - so charming with the lime and the red. Such a pretty kitchen. Love the apple tree!!! Awesome idea!
    @bootsiesrus - Wow, that's so pretty, has such a warm rustic feel! Love the pot of sunflowers!
    @ashcrash19 - Already told you, it's adorable!!! I really like the wallpaper/rug/door combo you chose and the apple painting are such a cute idea!!! Nice!!!!
    @carolynrosser - that apple tree on the wall is so great! Love it! And those touches of red against the green are lovely. You must be a cook making sure there's ample room to cook in without people getting up your tuckus. Kudos! Great counter area as well!
    @emere! Love that apple tree. One never has an excuse not to make an apple pie! Love your tiled backsplash and counter shape and wonderful country flooring as well! Very cool!
    @nineteen80sims - Very lovely kitchen! Wonderful island and gorgeous use of clutter. Very pretty!
    @jazztizz - Awesome! It's such a great looking kitchen! Very chic. Love the red and grey and the plant touches!
    @lsnishi - such a pretty country kitchen! Love the big center table and the huge archway to the next room! Love all that space to work in too! You must be a cook as well! I know I feel the need to murder when people get in my way when I'm 'working'. Cool that you did a childhood memory build as well! I think that's what kitchens should be about!
    @xraygrl2004 - Very sweet kitchen!!! Love the diner seating and the red and gold. It's rocking that country vibe. Awesome!
    @wrathofcath - HAPPY ANNIVERSARY!

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top