Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

One room, One week, One theme

Comments

• AinsleyfAinsleyf Posts: 880 Member
    @popettypop2012 Very fun room! I really like the purple with the grey!
  • JessiejessanJessiejessan Posts: 220 Member
    Love the room @popettypop2012 ! Having the room in black and white with splashes of purple makes it very stylish and cool! Great job :smile:
  • lotlot80lotlot80 Posts: 758 Member
    @Corwim thanks for the kind words. I really appreciate them.

♥♥---->>> Please Leave A Comment On My NEW Builds Thread !! --- I'd Really Appreciate It. <<<----♥♥

and thank you all for the lovely comments <3

Theme for the week: Annual Chess Club Dance Celebration
    Gallery name of room : Checkmate Room
    Origin id : Dangerous12Angel
    Pictures of the room :smile:
    [img][/img]32847255344_b7f4fee5a6_b.jpg03-27-17_7-09-59 PM by , on Flickr
    [img][/img]33560793351_2ea4fd7e90_b.jpg03-27-17_6-57-55 PM by , on Flickr
    [img][/img]33560796651_d086ed0cfa_b.jpg03-27-17_6-57-34 PM by , on Flickr
    [img][/img]33560801731_652cb3effb_b.jpg03-27-17_6-56-18 PM by , on Flickr
    [img][/img]33533764052_0ce7813b0f_b.jpg03-27-17_6-53-31 PM by , on Flickr
    [img][/img]33690160505_ac7062fb6c_b.jpg03-27-17_6-52-17 PM by , on Flickr
    [img][/img]33533765792_faaa273257_b.jpg03-27-17_6-52-38 PM by , on Flickr
  • popettypop2012popettypop2012 Posts: 1,318 Member
    Thank you so much @Ainsleyf and @Jessiejessan :)
  • rosemowrosemow Posts: 163,585 Member
    The layout and furnishing of Checkmate Room looks very nice! @ARADEMIS212 :) The entrance passageway nook looks very great! The large chess pieces look nice placed either sides of the door for sims to see as they enter the room, and the trophies and awards are very proudly on display on the passageway walls! The chequerred wall pattern through the room looks so very nice! Very nice black and white chequerboard dance floor area in the middle of the room! Sims will have fun dancing to the dj booth music there! Very nice chess tables nook area. Sims will enjoy playing chess at the tables whilst other sims are dancing. They will enjoy looking at through the windows when sitting there, to see what is happening outside.The type of seating used suits the type of room. The awards shelf on the wall would encourage them when playing chess there. Very nice bar area! The chess themed lights look great placed on the bar counter, and the drinks and bottles display wall shelves are nice touches on the bar wall. The picture of the nectar glass on the wall looks nice. .Sims will enjoy sitting on the stools having a drink, after enjoying dancing.The black and white sculptures in the corner nooks add a nice look to the room corners. Sims will enjoy eating and drinking food and drinks from the fountain and buffet tables, whilst sitting resting on the booth seating. It is nice that there are two varieties of buffet tables in the room.The black and white balloons look very nice there on the wall in the sitting nook! They are nice celebratory touches!
    It is a very nice chess themed dance venue room! Thankyou very much for entering this week's challenge! :)
  • CorwimCorwim Posts: 3,218 Member
    Hi everyone! I see some more awesome rooms since last I visited! B) Will comment tomorrow, first need to get my entry in and then I really really really need to get to bed, waaaaaay too late already, but so happy I got to finish this room in time! :)

Entry Form
    Theme for the week: a dance room for the Annual Chess Dance Celebration!
    Gallery name of room : Coffee, Chess, Dance!
    Origin id : Corwim

Inspiration for this room came really late, lol! First of all, where do all you guys find these chess inspired decorations? Couldn't find any of them haha! :) So went with another route, imagining a group of hipster sims forming a chess club and looking for a local hangout to get together, and their choice has fallen on the local coffee house. :) Some coffee houses where I live have lately installed a DJ booth where local DJs come and play in the evening, tables are pushed to the side to create a dance floor and coffee is replaced by other beverages. And badaboom, there's my inspiration for Coffee, Chess, Dance! ;)

Upload description of the room:
    Whether you want to grab a quick cup of #coffee, #read a #book, play a game of #chess against one of the local legends or #dance the night away once DJ Justin gets his groove on, the newly renovated #CoffeeChessDance #CoffeeHouse is THE #hipster place to be! :-)

Pictures of the room :

Overview:
    33306776680_03cbf58905_o.jpg

The barista station by the entry, so people can get their coffee to go or stay and hang out at the coffee house:
    32877434693_f14a755a5c_o.jpg

There's a bar on the other end of the room that opens at night and plenty of seating space. In the corner is also a book case if sims want to enjoy a good book while sipping their coffee: :smile:
    33534439462_6ffbd2b258_o.jpg

In the window nook is the first of two chess tables where sims can play a game of chess while the sun comes in through the windows:
    32877434373_87f5e01f8a_o.jpg

In the evening, a local DJ plays music so sims can dance and have a good time into the early hours of the night:
    33561486781_a3e68eefa5_o.jpg

In the other corner by the barista station is the second chess table. I added a door there, imagining that would be the way to the bathrooms if this was a real coffee house.
    33534449142_20729de569_o.jpg

My sim Sam also got to work, this time not creating paintings based on CC, but actually painting my sims while they were playtestting the room. :smiley:
    33534448942_84349ba501_o.jpg

He also took a few pictures of my sims hanging out here, thought it would be fun to add some memories and a personal touch to the café:
    33534448692_428cc6cd8a_o.jpg

And finally there are also a few pictures over the chess table. I took these in sepia colours, imagining these were some legendary chess matches between the club's members: :wink:
    33534448582_68086bb19b_o.jpg
    33534448442_9c2edac53c_o.jpg

Had soooo much fun playtesting the room that I might even follow @Laebeth 's example and try to turn this into a complete coffee house build! :smile: But first, here's a bunch of screenshots under the spoiler of my sims hanging out in this room:
    What got it all started, playing chess!
    33534448302_07a41180fa_o.jpg

DJ Justin is practising his DJ skills while hubbie Eli is feeling the rhythm on the dancefloor. :wink:
    33534448222_c01e75e384_o.jpg

Sam's apparently not really a coffee lover and heads straight to the bar:
    33534448042_15401917c4_o.jpg

Meanwhile, Katie's trying out the espresso machine:
    33534447882_9267e603b7_o.jpg

Haha, Jamal doesn't look too pleased with the espresso she made him. :smiley:
    33534447822_77d23909dc_o.jpg

Here's the chess club hanging out, with Katie trying out the bookcase:
    33306777330_12f6eb074c_o.jpg

Looks like the party's getting started!
    33306777140_6994623da1_o.jpg

Although these two just can't step away from their chess game :smile:
    33306776980_a8aef6a4dc_o.jpg

I even installed a little sink MOO'd into place with the barrista station so sims can clean up their empty coffee cups, and it works! :smile:
    33306776780_3b9b29051c_o.jpg

Final pics of the chess club enjoying their hangout, looks like it'll be just fine hosting the Annual Chess Dance Celebration. :smile:
    32877473533_2ab330ce61_o.jpg

33306789920_8972afcee2_o.jpg

Ok, time for bed now! :smile:

Thank you Rosemow for hosting another super fun challenge! <3
    Coffee, chess, dance! is a very nice coffee house themed room! @Corwim :) Very nice layout and furnishing of the room! The brick wall texture gives a great feel to the room! The paintings and photos on the walls that your sim painted and took of the sims enjoying spending time at the venue looks very nice! The sepia photos of past chess players on the walls are a special touch! Very nice espresso bar nook area! Sims will enjoy sitting on the stools there, eating and drinking coffee that they have bought there. The teapot wall shelves, menu board , mugs rack, spice set and cake display item are nice touches there. It looks great how the tables and chairs have been set up in the room for sims to enjoy sitting at and having a drink. The book nook corner is nice. They will enjoy reading a book whilst having a drink. The bar counter area looks very nice! The bottle shelves look great placed on the wall, and the teapot and bottles are great touches on the bar counter. The windows chess nook is great! The patterned curtains add a nice look to the room. Sims will have fun playing chess there with sunshine coming in onto them. The dance floor and dj booth area looks great! Sims will have fun dancing to the dj booth music on the chequered dance floor! The posters and piping on the corner walls where the dj booth is look great! The second chess nook looks great too! The magazine stand look great there. The plants are nice touches of green in the room. The pictures of the chess club members enjoying spending time at the coffee house look great!
    The design of the room venue looks great! Thankyou very much for entering this week's challenge! :)
  • Dangerous12AngelDangerous12Angel Posts: 231 Member
    @Corwim ,some of the chess pieces are in the lighting section. The others, I forgot (I think the sculpture section?
    But anyway, love the room. Very hipster and the pictures on the wall are amazing!!
  • NinnsterNinnster Posts: 1,215 Member
    @popettypop2012 What a fun room! I love the purple splashes of color, that and those stonewall windows (you know what I mean. haha). It just adds to the room and takes it from good, to awesome :)

@ARADEMIS212 I love have you have gone all in with the checkered pattern! I love the black and white colors and how it's just completely committed to the chess theme :) Oh and I love that bar area. Gorgeous!

@Corwim I am happy that creativity found you in the end! And I love your take on the challenge and doing a coffee house. I love the soft brown with the wood and brick. Gorgeous color scheme! I also love the photos and paintings done. It really works with the coffee shop theme! Such a good idea :)

I love that you have already planned the toilets! You *should* do the entire coffee house. I can't wait to see the outside. I get a pretty good sense of what kind of coffee house I'd imagine, based on the interior, so I am curious to see where you would take it! DO IT B)
    OriginID: Ninnster

My Sims 4 Twitter
    My Sims 4 Showcase
    My Sims 4 Gallery

#EAGameChanger

"Creativity is intelligence having fun"
    @arademis212, wonderful room. Big party feel and the checkerboard theme seems very 80's retro to me, cool!!! @corwin, I love the idea! I think you should open one in real life! Looks fantastic!
  • Dangerous12AngelDangerous12Angel Posts: 231 Member
    Thank you @Laebeth , the bar is my favorite area ;)
    Thank you @Ainsleyf , ;)
  • SamaramonSamaramon Posts: 77 Member
    Some really wonderful stuff in here :) This challenge is certainly more difficult, but it's amazing how everyone is pulling it off!
    sig11.png
  • CorwimCorwim Posts: 3,218 Member
    Beautiful dance room @popettypop2012 ! Love the colours you picked, the purple of the lighting and the decorations fits so well with the black and white room design, and great job on the stylish decorating, great job! Also love your pic of your sims together on the dancefloor! :)

Fantastic party room @ARADEMIS212 ! Really love the shape of your room with that entry hallway! Great attention to detail as well, love that you incorporated the trophies on the wall, nice touch! B) And some of the chess pieces are in the lighting section? Hehe, would never have thought to look for them there, must explore that category asap! :smile: Thanks for letting me know! And thank you so much for your wonderful comment on my room! :)

Thank you so much @rosemow for your detailed review! You have such a great eye for detail. <3

Hehe, thank you so much @Laebeth , really glad inpiration found me in the end too! :smile: The photos and painting were so much fun to create, although it took Justin a bit before getting into the perfect 'i'm such a cool and fun DJ' pose lolz. :smiley: I'm definitely adding this to my projects list, would love to complete this coffee shop! And seeing your gorgeous King's Head pub has really motivated me, you did such an amazing job on that one!

@Ainsleyf : Thank you so much! :smile: Hehe, would love to open one for real, but aaah, money issues. Will stick to first finishing a complete coffee shop in game! :)
  • TinjaNurtleTinjaNurtle Posts: 167 Member
    Entry Form
    Theme for the week: A venue for the Annual Chess Club's Celebration
    Gallery name of room : Check Mate
    Origin id : pizza_the_hut82

I was kind of inspired by the music video of Tom Petty's song "Don't Come Around Here No More", with the black and white motif.

wiriqb.png

dfuao8.png

Origin ID: pizza_the_hut82
    Steam ID:GreenEggsandPam
    Check Mate is a very nice celebratory dance room! @TinjaNurtle :) Very nice furnishing of the room! The black and white colour scheme and the furnishing of the room looks very elegant! The black and white chequerboard coloured dance floor and overall chequered flooring looks very great! Very nice chess tables alcove ! Sims will have fun playing chess on the tables there. Sims will enjoy dancing to the dj booth music on the chequered dance flooring! Very nice bar counter area! The white colour of the bar looks great! The drinks shelves look nice on the bar wall. It looks nice the way the tables and chairs are set up there, with both black and white chairs placed with each black table. Sims will enjoy sitting there having a drink from the bar.The type of wall patterning in the room looks so very nice! Sims will enjoy sitting on the high backed chairs, having a chat. The hanging ceiling lights add elegance touches to the room! The patterned windows look very nice in the room.
    The furnishing of the room looks so very nice! Thankyou very much for entering this week's challenge ! :)
  • WILDFLOWER1971WILDFLOWER1971 Posts: 211 Member
    Wow everyone you all did such a great job in this challenge I was unable to build a room this time. I was out of town. I love your rooms they are so creative.
    James 3:13
    Who among you is wise and understanding? Let him show by his good behavior his deeds in the gentleness of wisdom.

https://facebook.com/PiperSims4Gaming/?ref=bookmarks
  • NinnsterNinnster Posts: 1,215 Member
    @Samaramon You gonna join us for this weeks challenge? There will be a new one coming up! It's fun! Dooooo iiiiiiiiit :)

@TinjaNurtle I love that you have not just gone black&white, but you've gone ALL black&white! The first thing that really struck me about the room was the walls. They jumped at me immediately :) I like the choice in windows too, and how you have rounded off the room where you placed the chess tables. And I :heart: those chandelier lights! :)
    OriginID: Ninnster

My Sims 4 Twitter
    My Sims 4 Showcase
    My Sims 4 Gallery

#EAGameChanger

"Creativity is intelligence having fun"
    Great Room @TinjaNurtle! And those windows really go with the room, and the painting goes great with the wallpaper! Nice!
    Hello everyone :) The "dance room for the Annual Chess Dance Celebration" room challenge has now finished! The black and white colour schemes of the rooms , combined with other colours look so very great! The way that the chequerboard pattern has been used in the rooms is very effective! Thank you so much for creating these very nice venue rooms for the chess club!
    I will post the new challenge in the next post and on the first page of this thread. :)
    edited April 2017
    :) CURRENT CHALLENGE :)

:) ONE HUNDRED AND FIFTH CHALLENGE :)

The theme for the week is : a bowling or other group activity room
    Iris and Andrew have decided to take up a new hobby! The new hobby is...bowling! They feel that it is a great activity that they can have fun doing together, as well as with visitors that they invite to their home! They have decided to set up a special bowling alley room. Could you please help them by designing a room for them? There is just a little problem though. It isn't really a problem, but they do sometimes have guests that aren't physically well enough to do bowling. It would be great if there could be another room that had group activities but doesn't involve bowling. ( This room is for simmers that don't have the bowling stuff pack! ) Could you please choose ONE of the types of rooms, depending on if you own the new bowling stuff pack or not , and design a room for Iris and Andrew? Thankyou very much!
    Just a little reminder, it needs to be uploaded as a room not a lot.
    Pools don't upload with rooms.

Please use the hashtag
    #oneroomoneweekonetheme with your entry

The rooms need to be posted by Tuesday 4th April 9pm PT

ENTRIES :
    Bowling Lounge (TinjaNurtle)
    http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/comment/15650954/#Comment_15650954
    Shake, Rattle and Bowl. (EuphorialQueen)
    http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/comment/15651486/#Comment_15651486
    Bowl-O-Rama (Laebeth )
    http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/comment/15652429/#Comment_15652429
    Challenge me (illusie)
    http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/comment/15652451/#Comment_15652451
    Syfy Game Room (Jazztizz)
    http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/comment/15653388/#Comment_15653388
    Funky Bowling Room (crazymadkitten)
    http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/comment/15654616/#Comment_15654616
    Bowling Room(lotlot80)
    http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/comment/15655455/#Comment_15655455
    Bowl & Barbecue (Ainsleyf)
    http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/comment/15656923/#Comment_15656923
    The "Spaces Station" arcade (samaramon)
    http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/comment/15658302/#Comment_15658302
    Let's Bowl! (Wrathofcath )
    http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/comment/15658667/#Comment_15658667
    Chic Bowling (Wrathofcath )
    http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/comment/15658667/#Comment_15658667
    Funkytown Bowling Room (Corwim)
    http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/comment/15659216/#Comment_15659216
    Victory Bowling Room (WILDFLOWER1971)
    http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/comment/15659286/#Comment_15659286
    Moonlight Bowling Loft ( Ainsleyf)
    http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/comment/15662643/#Comment_15662643
    Retro BowlingAlley Lounge (alifesizeddoll)
    http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/comment/15666116/#Comment_15666116
    Post edited by rosemow on
    Sorry bit new to this, we don't have Bowling yet right? Do we have to improvise an ally? D:
    (I have -never- bowled in my life or been to one but I wanna enter!)
    sig11.png
    Samaramon wrote: »
    Sorry bit new to this, we don't have Bowling yet right? Do we have to improvise an ally? D:
    (I have -never- bowled in my life or been to one but I wanna enter!)

Hello @Samaramon :) The Bowling Stuff pack is coming out at 10 am PT March 29th. Depending on if you are going to buy it, you can choose if you would like to create a room that is a bowling alley room, or if you aren't buying it you can design a room for another group activity that is not connected to Bowling.
    It is very nice that you are planning to enter the challenge! :)
    Thank you for the reply @rosemow ! Unfortunately I'm in a really bad financial situation at the moment so Bowling will have to wait :)
    But I'll give it a shot and make a different activity room ^_^!

sig11.png
  • JessiejessanJessiejessan Posts: 220 Member
    I think it's time for me to do some challenges aswell.. I will definitely participate this week! :smiley:

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top