Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Who wants Sims 1 on Origin???

Kira101xKira101x Posts: 276 Member
edited February 2015 in The Sims (2000)
I was personally very excited when I saw the Sims 2 Ultimate Collection was on Origin for free, I downloaded it immediately! After a stroll down memory lane, I started thinking about the Sims 1 and how amazing that game was (I used to have the Complete Collection a looooong time ago but I lost booklet with the install code :'( )

I want to start a poll to see who else wants TS1 Complete Collection to be on Origin (free or not, I'd go for either!)
Post edited by Kira101x on

Comments

• LaBlue0314LaBlue0314 Posts: 17,436 Member
    I would love this as well. I use to own the complete set, but lost them in a move. :s:'(
  • NerdySims99NerdySims99 Posts: 150 Member
    That would be awesome if Origin decided to do that! I've only ever got to play the base game of The Sims 1 so it would be awesome to get to play the game with all the EP's! :D
    "You've gotta be stirring my pasta."
  • Kira101xKira101x Posts: 276 Member
    That would be awesome if Origin decided to do that! I've only ever got to play the base game of The Sims 1 so it would be awesome to get to play the game with all the EP's! :D

All the EPs from Sims 1 were seriously awesome! I especially liked the Makin' Magic EP :smile:
  • zorba2357zorba2357 Posts: 6,103 Member
    You got my vote on this one! It's NEEDED!
  • BrittanyChick22BrittanyChick22 Posts: 2,130 Member
    that would be nice. I never got a chance to play sims 1 on pc
    giphy.gif

• winterlocwinterloc Posts: 348 Member
    I already have Sims 1. It is a really fun game. Yes I would be for it if Origin had it available for those who have never experienced that game.
    I think it would be awesome to add to the collection for those that have S2,S3,S4. It would make it all complete. :D

Your simmy Friend,
    Winterloc B)
  • AnnitaEatsYaAnnitaEatsYa Posts: 1,583 Member
    I'd love this! My disc versions just don't function properly on any computer I own - I tried everything before anyone makes suggestions - so an Origin version which is compatible with newer operating systems would be most welcome.
  • NixNix Posts: 76 Member
    I wish they would. I already have it, but it makes me sad to see young users talking about never having played the game that started it all...
  • GodlikeGodlike Posts: 305 Member
    I'd love this!
    Lift me up - Let me go
    Nix wrote: »
    I wish they would. I already have it, but it makes me sad to see young users talking about never having played the game that started it all...

I know what you mean, it's the original sims and I believe every sims fan should play it at least once.
  • LyndieFoxLyndieFox Posts: 220 Member
    I want it! I have all of the other PC games, and it'd be nice to finish off my collection.

Plus, I want to see where it all started. :P
  • dominimpdominimp Posts: 162 Member
    B)

Purely speculation but lately all the stuff from the "On The House" category have been 2005 and under. I think Sims 1 falls into that category. One day perhaps. *Crosses fingers*

B)
  • ashleyrenee210ashleyrenee210 Posts: 187 Member
    want want want!!!!
    Twitter: ashleyrenee210
    Tumblr: panicitsashleyatthedisco
    Origin: ashleyrenee210
    PSN: ashleyrenee210
    dominimp wrote: »
    B)

Purely speculation but lately all the stuff from the "On The House" category have been 2005 and under. I think Sims 1 falls into that category. One day perhaps. *Crosses fingers*

B)

Ooo, good point. Gotta keep an eye out on that :smiley:
  • AceofSpades2231AceofSpades2231 Posts: 594 Member
    speaking From someone who has only played Ts4(sad I know, but in my defense, I was like 3 when It came out so...), I would love to see the game that started it all. EA, get on that...
    eqnxTFN.jpg
    I love video games because of the things that I could never do in real life... For instance, in the sims you can get a job and a house.
    Origin ID: Mainmanvs100
    speaking From someone who has only played Ts4(sad I know, but in my defense, I was like 3 when It came out so...), I would love to see the game that started it all. EA, get on that...

Lol I was 6 but I bought The Sims 1 Complete Collection whenever that came out, I think I was like 12 or something...idk lol it's such a good game but it is so expensive now, I've seen it sold for $100 and I'm like...no xD
  • egwarhammeregwarhammer Posts: 5,752 Member
    Kira101x wrote: »
    I was personally very excited when I saw the Sims 2 Ultimate Collection was on Origin for free, I downloaded it immediately! After a stroll down memory lane, I started thinking about the Sims 1 and how amazing that game was (I used to have the Complete Collection a looooong time ago but I lost booklet with the install code :'( )

I want to start a poll to see who else wants TS1 Complete Collection to be on Origin (free or not, I'd go for either!)

Count me in, paid or free, I'd bite too!

EA, there's (potential) money talking out here... anybody listening?

We want The Sims1 UC. Please????
  • sgjosgjo Posts: 110 Member
    Add me to the YES!! list, too, please! :)
  • GoodFairyGoodFairy Posts: 205 Member
    Ah, that would bring up sweet memories. I would play it. This would also be a good reminder, what the first The Sims really was like, to the "It's worse than Sims 1"-complainer :wink:
    (*) My Origin-ID GoodFairy684 (*)
    You find my sims in the gallery tagged with #SimsFairy.
  • SimburianSimburian Posts: 6,907 Member
    I've found my copy of the Complete Collection and will install it to see if it will run on my modern laptop.

I installed Sims2 some time ago and this was followed shortly by the "Free" game download so I needn't have bothered with all those installations! It might prove a charm to get Sims 1 free maybe!!
    edited February 2015
    I managed to install The Sims Complete collection on my laptop and the fun of it all came back. The inventiveness was amazing for 15 years ago but I didn't, then, have the power or the internet connection to play it properly.
    I played with Ginia Kat and her cats and they were all doing their own thing and less difficult to handle than I remembered. I am now off to get hold of my Sims' disc collections of downloaded furniture and mods. I remember one which changed the colour of the roofs to whatever you wanted. Happy days!
    I recommend, if installing from the 4 disc collection that you keep the File Explorer link handy on the bottom taskbar to eject the installed disc for the new one easily. (It will install as compatible with WindowsXP (SP3).
  • AMariseSAMariseS Posts: 2,458 Member
    Ooh, ooh! Me!!! ~waves hand in air, jumping up & down~
    I'd love this! My disc versions just don't function properly on any computer I own - I tried everything before anyone makes suggestions - so an Origin version which is compatible with newer operating systems would be most welcome.

I managed to install the complete version on my Windows 8.1 laptop ok and so far it works well but there are only two possible resolutions for me and no full screen mode. You may have to open File Explorer via the Start button and look for the Setup.exe file rather than use Autorun.

I would like an Origin version to get full screen mode and higher resolutions. The setup instructions were obviously updated for the complete version to run on Windows XP (SP3) so could be updated again for newer laptops and desktops.

This is still a smashing game in its own right so I also would like to add myself to any petition.