Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

How to get TS2 - Ultimate Collection (Windows)

Comments

• Vicks06Vicks06 Posts: 728 Member
    edited May 2018
    ninaumi wrote: »
    Hello! I don't know why I said earlier that I've got it. :open_mouth: I didn't actually, ever. I am trying from time to time to get it, but there's always some issues... I don't own any TS2 game, and today they've told me that I can have it if I buy it from Amazon, or even iTunes, and give them the proof of purchase. Then, again, on Facebook, they've told me the same: that I can't have it if I don't show them the proof of ownership. :neutral: I have the urge to write to them on Facebook "could you please make an exception?"... but I don't know, it would be too desperate... Hm... Actually, I'll do it now. I don't have anything to loose...

So I can just show proof of purchase I don’t need the physical disk in hand?

Edit: I used a proof of purchase from amazon and they added the ultimate collection to my account so yes it all still works
    Post edited by Vicks06 on
    ||Origin Name: VicksLouise||UK Simmer||Simmer since 2000||My Fanart||My Gallery||
  • BMSOBMSO Posts: 3,273 Member
    edited May 2018
    Vicks06 wrote: »
    ninaumi wrote: »
    Hello! I don't know why I said earlier that I've got it. :open_mouth: I didn't actually, ever. I am trying from time to time to get it, but there's always some issues... I don't own any TS2 game, and today they've told me that I can have it if I buy it from Amazon, or even iTunes, and give them the proof of purchase. Then, again, on Facebook, they've told me the same: that I can't have it if I don't show them the proof of ownership. :neutral: I have the urge to write to them on Facebook "could you please make an exception?"... but I don't know, it would be too desperate... Hm... Actually, I'll do it now. I don't have anything to loose...

So I can just show proof of purchase I don’t need the physical disk in hand?

Edit: I used a proof of purchase from amazon and they added the ultimate collection to my account so yes it all still works

As long as you have proof of purchase or at least ownership proof like a game code from one of the game's booklets. I had proof of ownership that's how I got it.

Bmso85's emporium - mysims4studios

• DoodlyDoofusDoodlyDoofus Posts: 1,177 Member
    I told them my problem about how most of my games were ruined and wanted to see the game disc though just as I had taken a picture they were like "Oh wait, you had a CD key?" so I gave them that and now I have the game installing on Origin too. First try as well, my support person was very understanding of my situation.

Also, if you tell them you have Double Deluxe, like I did because my copy of Nightlife just kind of.....disappeared and by that time they stopped selling Nightlife on its own and you could only get it from Double Deluxe and that was LITERALLY the only other game besides Apartment Life that survived, they'll also activate the game if you have the Double Deluxe, thought they wouldn't since they kept asking for the Base game but again they were very understanding.

So I guess I'll be enjoying some Sims 2 in about 15 minutes!
  • Noree_DoreeNoree_Doree Posts: 1,470 Member
    edited May 2018
    This is how I got UC last July. I used to own double deluxe and I remember registering my account. So when looking through my first email account, an email I had since I was in Junior high go figure lol, I still had the email from when I registered my account when the sims 2 site was still up. So even though I did not have the physical copy, The lady I spoke with, Melissa H., was able to get access to my account to prove I previously owned the game. She said she had to do some digging, but they still have access to those files. So if anyone who owned the game that does not have a physical copy anymore and still remember your username or email to the account you registered your game to you can use that to get the UC. Good luck! And Happy Simming!
    "Bada su the gorn bada su the brawn bada bady oda aba donk donk donk gerbits gerbits vo gerbits".
  • Scribal_GoddessScribal_Goddess Posts: 748 Member
    I told them my problem about how most of my games were ruined and wanted to see the game disc though just as I had taken a picture they were like "Oh wait, you had a CD key?" so I gave them that and now I have the game installing on Origin too. First try as well, my support person was very understanding of my situation.

Also, if you tell them you have Double Deluxe, like I did because my copy of Nightlife just kind of.....disappeared and by that time they stopped selling Nightlife on its own and you could only get it from Double Deluxe and that was LITERALLY the only other game besides Apartment Life that survived, they'll also activate the game if you have the Double Deluxe, thought they wouldn't since they kept asking for the Base game but again they were very understanding.

So I guess I'll be enjoying some Sims 2 in about 15 minutes!

Yeah, I had double deluxe too. As far as I'm concerned, it is the base game, lol. :)
    Patron Goddess of Newbs and Ninnyhammers.
    TS2 Graphics Fix Tutorial]
  • JULES1111JULES1111 Posts: 4,489 Member
    @DoodlyDoofus Yay! Congrats. Hope you enjoy your game! :)

@MzPigglyPooh
    So when looking through my first email account, an email I had since I was in Junior high go figure lol, I still had the email from when I registered my account when the sims 2 site was still up.

Oh my gosh!!! That is some memory you have, and to still have the email? That is insane! :D
  • Noree_DoreeNoree_Doree Posts: 1,470 Member
    JULES1111 wrote: »
    @DoodlyDoofus Yay! Congrats. Hope you enjoy your game! :)

@MzPigglyPooh
    So when looking through my first email account, an email I had since I was in Junior high go figure lol, I still had the email from when I registered my account when the sims 2 site was still up.

Oh my gosh!!! That is some memory you have, and to still have the email? That is insane! :D

yes I do lol for the longest time I used it as an email for finding work in high school and a bit after highschool but then I realized at one point how unprofessional it sounded and made a new email lol. But I still have access to it haha
    "Bada su the gorn bada su the brawn bada bady oda aba donk donk donk gerbits gerbits vo gerbits".
  • lovelybia_lovelybia_ Posts: 2 New Member
    > @Vicks06 said:
    > ninaumi wrote: »
    >
    > Hello! I don't know why I said earlier that I've got it. :open_mouth: I didn't actually, ever. I am trying from time to time to get it, but there's always some issues... I don't own any TS2 game, and today they've told me that I can have it if I buy it from Amazon, or even iTunes, and give them the proof of purchase. Then, again, on Facebook, they've told me the same: that I can't have it if I don't show them the proof of ownership. :neutral: I have the urge to write to them on Facebook "could you please make an exception?"... but I don't know, it would be too desperate... Hm... Actually, I'll do it now. I don't have anything to loose...
    >
    >
    >
    >
    > So I can just show proof of purchase I don’t need the physical disk in hand?
    >
    > Edit: I used a proof of purchase from amazon and they added the ultimate collection to my account so yes it all still works

My case is the same as yours! If you don't have any physical disk in hand, how did you get an proof of purchase?
  • bellagorillabellagorilla Posts: 6,891 Member
    Wait, are they actually still giving out UC codes? I've managed to pick up most of the sims 2 secondhand at the thrift store so I figured it wouldn't work, but is it still worth a try?

I'm moving into a dorm soon and I'd like to leave my cds at home if possible.
    7dW3gu7.gif
    Most likely caught as scum and best theme-Google Translate, 4th annual Scummies win!
  • Seera1024Seera1024 Posts: 3,629 Member
    Wait, are they actually still giving out UC codes? I've managed to pick up most of the sims 2 secondhand at the thrift store so I figured it wouldn't work, but is it still worth a try?

It depends on the rep you get. With your copies being second hand, the codes may be already registered to someone else so you're codes may not be proof enough.

They are, but sometimes you have to try more then once to get a rep willing to help. It is certainly worth the effort though!
  • lovelybia_lovelybia_ Posts: 2 New Member
    I got it today, I'm very happy and not believing! He did not give me any code, he asked for a photo of one of my games (I sent one of the "apartment life") and shortly after he added the game to my origin library! It was my fifth attempt, do not insist, and if you can not, keep trying, because it will depend on the attendant, not everyone will want to give, but still has yes, for sure! :p
    Congrats @lovelybia_ Hope you enjoy your game! :)
    Seera1024 wrote: »

It depends on the rep you get. With your copies being second hand, the codes may be already registered to someone else so you're codes may not be proof enough.

They are, but sometimes you have to try more then once to get a rep willing to help. It is certainly worth the effort though!

I will make a few attempts then, and see what happens.
    7dW3gu7.gif
    Most likely caught as scum and best theme-Google Translate, 4th annual Scummies win!

I am very happy to report that I contacted support and received a UC copy. All I needed to do was provide a picture of any sims 2 disk with the code.
    7dW3gu7.gif

I am very happy to report that I contacted support and received a UC copy. All I needed to do was provide a picture of any sims 2 disk with the code.

Yay! Congrats :) Enjoy!!
  • Rflong7Rflong7 Posts: 36,584 Member
    You all know... All these New TS2 Players (or returning) and I haven't seen many Legacy/Apocalypse/BaCC challenges posted. :(
    Rflong7 wrote: »
    You all know... All these New TS2 Players (or returning) and I haven't seen many Legacy/Apocalypse/BaCC challenges posted. :(

I just started a story. :tongue: I will most likely start a challenge up soon though.
    7dW3gu7.gif

I have never played a challenge in my entire life for any of the games. Maybe give the new and returning people a chance to get used to the game again, before they start a challenge. :D
  • Rflong7Rflong7 Posts: 36,584 Member
    edited May 2018
    @JULES1111 wrote: »

I have never played a challenge in my entire life for any of the games. Maybe give the new and returning people a chance to get used to the game again, before they start a challenge. :D

No. No no nononono. I miss having some Sim stories to read. :cookie: j/k.... maybe. XD

I just started a story. :tongue: I will most likely start a challenge up soon though.

Cool! Post a link here. :mrgreen:
    @JULES1111 wrote: »

No. No no nononono. I miss having some Sim stories to read. :cookie: j/k.... maybe. XD

Cool! Post a link here. :mrgreen:

http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/939845/farley-farm-legacy-ish-story#latest
    7dW3gu7.gif
  • ninaumininaumi Posts: 363 Member
    Wow! I can't believe this. Finally I got it, just by telling that I miss playing the game, but that I lost base game disc, and he just told me that he'll see with his supervisor if he can give it to me, and he did! I waited for, I think, 6 months, and chatted periodically a few times during a few days periods.

@Rflong7 I am definitively starting one (or) more of those. :smiley:
    Yay! Congrats @ninaumi ! I hope you enjoy the game, and good luck with any challenges you may start. :)
  • SuperCoolRachaelSuperCoolRachael Posts: 392 Member
    So here's my story.

Like many people, I was rejected the first time. I spoke to someone in the chat, and he told me that Sims 2 was no longer available, and they could only redeem codes from previously purchased games. I had indeed owned The Sims 2 a long time ago, along with a few expansion packs, but I had no proof because I couldn't find any of my old copies. He sympathized with me, and said he could appreciate that I was a longtime Sims fan.

However, the next time, I requested a call from EA staff, and it worked! I old them that I really wanted to play TS2, added that I'd bought so many of the expansion packs for TS4 and also had bought TS3 (HINT HINT) and, many years ago, also TS2, but my family had moved recently and I'd looked all over for TS2...but sadly, could not find it.

This is all true. I didn't lie. And they gave me a code for TS2: UC! I felt a tad guilty because I didn't have any old codes or email addresses to prove I was telling the truth, but honestly, I did own the game a long time ago. Like, ten years ago. And they had been lost in the move.

Unfortunately, I couldn't run it right away. Well, I could, but a recent Windows 10 update made it impossible to load any neighborhoods. After days of troubleshooting, and a lot of help from a very kind individual on Mod the Sims, I was able to run a compatibility test for Windows 8. It worked, so I saved the settings, and now I can play TS2, no problem! I downloaded the shadow fix mod and also a GraphicsRule mod to fix the "flickering." (Unfortunately, the latter was sent to me via attachment, so I don't have a link.) And now it's working great!

I also downloaded a mod to keep people from kicking over the trash can. Lol.
  • SimsAddict_244SimsAddict_244 Posts: 274 Member
    Just got my UC copy on my first try in less than 5 minutes and have to wait for it to download now. Just in time for my birthday so I'm beyond happy right now. :)