Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

How to get TS2 - Ultimate Collection (Windows)

Comments

• wiredhanna67wiredhanna67 Posts: 402 Member
    Just got a code earlier from them gave it to my friend sense I already have it on my brothers account (they wouldn't give it to her) (:
    gLQgzBe.gif
    The voice in your head is just me in your headphones, Everyone knows that we're the devils hero's!
  • JULES1111JULES1111 Posts: 4,489 Member
    @Michael_Pattrick congrats! Hope you enjoy your game!
  • NatoNato Posts: 35 New Member
    Hello everyone! :)
    As I'm not a full member yet, I sadly can't open a new topic yet, so I would like to ask a question here if you don't mind. Sorry for the bother :(
    I'm planning on buying a new laptop soon, and I would like to know if this one could run The Sims 2 Complete Collection in good quality:

It's an HP laptop that runs on Windows 10 Home.
    Processor: AMD Quad-Core A8-7410
    RAM: 8 Gb
    Hard disk: 1 Tb
    Graphic card: AMD Radeon R5

What do you think? Thank you very much in advance for your answers!
  • RevanniaRevannia Posts: 3 New Member
    Used live chat and got mine today. She didn't ask for a game code (but I had uploaded a photo with booklet and one of CDs - she never mentioned it though). I had Shenalyn (in case someone gets one that doesn't know how to do it, tell them to talk to her :) ). Very nice lady and took about 10 minutes. The only issue I had was chat would not connect on Chrome so ended up switching to Edge where it connected in a few seconds. Good luck to anyone else who still needs it!
  • SparklePlumleySparklePlumley Posts: 1,061 Member
    Nato wrote: »
    As I'm not a full member yet, I sadly can't open a new topic yet, so I would like to ask a question here if you don't mind. Sorry for the bother :(
    I'm planning on buying a new laptop soon, and I would like to know if this one could run The Sims 2 Complete Collection in good quality:

@Nato Yes it should handle Sims 2 UC nicely. My specs are just a little less than yours and it runs Sims 4 with all DLC perfect on high settings.
    I have Radeon R2 graphics
    1T Hard Drive
    4 GB RAM
    AMD Quad-Core E2-6110
    Nato wrote: »

Yes that will handle the game just fine. :) No worries.

@Revannia Congrats on getting the game! Happy simming! :)

• MeggyPlumbobMeggyPlumbob Posts: 46 Member
    Congrats on everyone getting their codes! I'm glad that the Sims 2 is still alive :)
  • BrookeCorlBrookeCorl Posts: 8 New Member
    Has anyone had any luck with getting this without already having a code or disc? My dad threw mine away and I've been through a couple of reps and they all say they can't help me.
    BrookeCorl wrote: »
    Has anyone had any luck with getting this without already having a code or disc? My dad threw mine away and I've been through a couple of reps and they all say they can't help me.

Yes some people have. You have to keep trying and trying until you get the right rep. It can take a while, some people did it on a couple tries, some people took months. It is just the luck of the draw which rep you get. Good luck!
  • Seera1024Seera1024 Posts: 3,629 Member
    BrookeCorl wrote: »

Were you ever registered on the Sims 2 BBS? You had to have a game registered in order to join and at least when I did it when they first announced the UC (before they officially gave it up for free), I was able to do it by referencing that I had registered them and provided my email that I had used for registering (which I luckily remembered as it was tied to an internet company that we had long since stopped using). That was a couple of years ago now, so I don't know if they would still have access to that database, but it wouldn't hurt if you do remember what email you used and what your username was.
  • Sa5mChristieSa5mChristie Posts: 10 New Member
    Hey guys! Just letting everyone know this offer is still available!
    I contacted the EA Help Facebook page and had said I just heard about the offer and was wondering if it was still available. The support rep just asked if I had a copy of the Sims 2 which I did and then asked me to take a picture of my Sims 2 Deluxe manual(with the code), disc, and wrote my name and todays date (June 7 2017) on a piece of paper for the picture as well, and Ellie the kind EA support rep on the Facebook page added the game to my library right away!
    @Sa5mChristie congrats on getting the game!
  • SataiDelennnSataiDelennn Posts: 1,265 Member
    Hey guys! Just letting everyone know this offer is still available!
    I contacted the EA Help Facebook page and had said I just heard about the offer and was wondering if it was still available. The support rep just asked if I had a copy of the Sims 2 which I did and then asked me to take a picture of my Sims 2 Deluxe manual(with the code), disc, and wrote my name and todays date (June 7 2017) on a piece of paper for the picture as well, and Ellie the kind EA support rep on the Facebook page added the game to my library right away!

Congratulations! Happy Gaming!
  • EmmaLeighEmmaLeigh Posts: 1 New Member
    I also just wanted to chime in and say the offer is still available! I have been reading this entire thread to get some tips on what to do to get TS2 UC and I just got it this morning. I used live chat and the CS said my code for the sims 2 game was for spore which was not true as I have never bought spore and got the code on the back of my sims 2 booklet. He asked me to upload a picture of my game and send it to him. A few minutes later, he gave me the code for the UC. So excited! But now have to figure out how to free up space on my hard drive. It won't fit!
  • Scribal_GoddessScribal_Goddess Posts: 748 Member
    EmmaLeigh wrote: »
    I also just wanted to chime in and say the offer is still available! I have been reading this entire thread to get some tips on what to do to get TS2 UC and I just got it this morning. I used live chat and the CS said my code for the sims 2 game was for spore which was not true as I have never bought spore and got the code on the back of my sims 2 booklet. He asked me to upload a picture of my game and send it to him. A few minutes later, he gave me the code for the UC. So excited! But now have to figure out how to free up space on my hard drive. It won't fit!

Compressorizers are your friend. Also, take photos and mp3's and store them on discs or flash drives instead of your hard drive to free up some space. :)

Patron Goddess of Newbs and Ninnyhammers.
    TS2 Graphics Fix Tutorial]
  • Sa5mChristieSa5mChristie Posts: 10 New Member
    I'd really like to thank everyone who has posted here for their posts because if it weren't for this thread, I wouldn't have even known about the offer! I found out about it and got it all in the span of a few hours after reading this thread. So thank you everyone for being such a big help!

Also, keeping this thread up is a really good idea, especially if a lot of EA reps are still honoring the offer :) it's always so nice to see people helping out other people in the sims community (or anywhere) like this!
  • LaracroftEyes1LaracroftEyes1 Posts: 296 Member
    I'd really like to thank everyone who has posted here for their posts because if it weren't for this thread, I wouldn't have even known about the offer! I found out about it and got it all in the span of a few hours after reading this thread. So thank you everyone for being such a big help!

Also, keeping this thread up is a really good idea, especially if a lot of EA reps are still honoring the offer :) it's always so nice to see people helping out other people in the sims community (or anywhere) like this!
    I'm like you and I'm waiting for Sims 2 ultimate collection edition to finish downloading,

Here a tip be nice to EA rep and thank them if you get the code for Sims 2 ultimate collection.

d10f10cfadd5b2e97043ba6ec57f8ced.jpg
  • MawrbearMawrbear Posts: 2 New Member
    Hey guys,
    I been trying to get TS2 UC and had a very nice rep ask if I had a photo of any sims 2 code or any proof... but I unfortunately don't own any sims 2 games. I been trying again and again to get the right rep but I can't access the live chat anymore.

http://imgur.com/a/EJYBL
  • SjappielovePaulSjappielovePaul Posts: 4,794 Member
    @Hekete have you considered buying The Sims 2 games used such as through Amazon or eBay? The used copies usually are cheaper and easier to get but they can have problems such as not including a manual which will prevent you from installing the game, or be missing one or more CDs which will also prevent installing the game. Some claim that used copies will prevent getting The Sims 2 UC.

I had this problem with The Sims Complete Collection where my copy didn't come with a manual.

I can vouch for people, second hand copies can still get you the UC :)
    Don't forget to take care of yourself every now and then in this big chaotic world!
    pkJ66Kv.png
    Some links that helped me a lot:
    Missing Store Stencils / Free Kiddy Stuff / Daily Deals / Daily Deals Spreadsheets / The Gifting Directory
  • simmerLellasimmerLella Posts: 612 Member
    It won't let me select "chat" anymore, only to get a call. I will mess this up if I SPEAK to the person, can any of you advise?
    "Challenge everything"
    My Game Twitter
    tumblr_inline_pwgxs3dfiz1t4sbjh_500.jpg
    EA, fix the EA app & CAW EIG!
  • lulubadwolflulubadwolf Posts: 630 Member
    @simmerLella I think that you can try with their page on facebook, i know that some people have manage to get it this way.
    Link here
    edited June 2017
    And now apparently my phone won't ring but the support person thought I was "unavailable." Ugh, it must have gone STRAIGHT to voice mail, it's not the same and s/he should know. ARGH.

ETA: I can't even enter text so I took a screenshot of a message to them, blargh.
    "Challenge everything"
    My Game Twitter
    edited June 2017
    I now have like 33 voice mails and if I call back it's a voice message to go to the website. Ugh. I don't know why my phone won't ring right now.

ETA: the FB person missed my info that my phone won't work. No comprehension, support folks are always fail since I was a teen, that's why I immmediately get super frazzled and anxious even thinking and i almost NEVER get help.

I'm losing it.

ETA: Oops, my phone counted OLD voice mails, good, that was weird when it told me I had 17 new ones twice. ... Not that that's my only brain problem right now. #obsessive
    "Challenge everything"
    My Game Twitter
    OK Facebook is finally good for something, @lulubadwolf . LOL. Mah man Harvey hooked a girl up ... but am I supposed to uninstall my current game? I started the download, then paused. I hope I didn't break everything.
    "Challenge everything"
    My Game Twitter
  • lulubadwolflulubadwolf Posts: 630 Member
    @simmerLella I'm glad it has worked for you ! And for your question honestly i don't know. I had already paused and unpaused a download, adding the sims 2 UC without uninstall the previous game and it didn't break anythings, but i i might just have been lucky.
    You could start a thread about that, luckily people with the right answer might help you.