Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Soulmate Aspiration: Bug

RachelRosebudRachelRosebud Posts: 1,103 Member
I discovered this bug when I played the following scenario:

Cassandra Goth and Malcolm Landgraab both have high romantic relationship bars with each other. They are "Promised" to each other. They became boyfriend/girlfriend as teens.

Malcolm grew up to adult first, then later Cassandra.

I changed Cassandra's aspiration to Love/Soulmate after she became an adult. Her first milestone is the following:

Milestone I: Amore Amateur
Have a Boyfriend or Girlfriend
Go on 2 Dates

Unfortunately, Cassandra does not have the option to become boyfriend/girlfriend with Malcolm. The option never comes up in the dialogue. I'm guessing it's because they already WERE boyfriend/girlfriend as teenagers, but the game did not "reset" them as adults. They still have very high romantic relationship with each other. It's like they already are Boyfriend/Girlfriend but the aspiration is not counting it towards the milestone goal.

What should I do?

I thought about trying to have Cassandra get romantic with another Sim and have them become boyfriend/girlfriend, but that would be counter intuitive to the whole Soulmate thing.

:(

Is this a bug or did I just time the aspiration all wrong? :(

Screenshot of issue:

TS42015-02-0320-44-06-59_zps76f946e4.jpg
Post edited by RachelRosebud on

Comments

• Options
    DawnieSenpaiDawnieSenpai Posts: 1 New Member
    So sorry to tell you this, I had a problem with this myself but, The Sims 4 doesn't count promised teens as boyfriend or girlfriend. You have to keep them as BF/GF and do the promise after the first milestone of the Soul Mate aspiration if you want to even have them promised. It's stupid.