Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Tips on getting points?

Just so you know, i'm NOT asking for points, i'm just asking for tips on getting them, since i'm only 6 points away from becoming a member! :]
Contract?
tumblr_m5b80x2g8w1rum37jo1_500.gif

Comments

• SimStaffBethelleSimStaffBethelle Posts: 1,748 SimGuru (retired)
    Posting and participating in discussions is the best way to get points. They come naturally as you become active on the forums. :)
  • dreamerz13dreamerz13 Posts: 9,927 Member
    The only way is through likes and badges. Unfortunately most of the badges now take a while to earn and some also take luck (like the lol/like count badges) The only easy one to earn on your own before being a member is the name dropper which I see you earned.

So the best way really is to just keep posting and hope people drop a like or lol. The TS4 General Discussion section is the busiest so it's probably the one most likely to get you likes if you post over there. You might get some here in off topic too though.
  • AnnePlaysAnnePlays Posts: 2,504 Member
    edited February 2015
    Keep on posting, comments get you badges and points as well.
    muscle_gumball_by_vanillycake-d4a9ida.png
  • DressedInDreamsDressedInDreams Posts: 80 Member
    I feel you, because I'm in the same boat. I am 24 points away (because you need 50, right?), halfway to go...
    I gave you a like, even though you didn't ask for any :)
  • ratsrbestratsrbest Posts: 579 Member
    edited February 2015
    You could try posting in this thread:

http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/800565/what-are-the-best-worst-one-liner-jokes-you-have#latest

I've run out of jokes to post now but it was amazing to me to find that so many people shared my silly sense of humour. If I tell those jokes in real life I'm lucky if I get a groan - usually it's a sideways glance .

I'm always happy to read the jokes other people post - so fire away :)
    Don't feed the trolls
  • icmnfrshicmnfrsh Posts: 18,789 Member
    Be funny or likable when you post in order to gain likes and LOLs.

Actually, the funny and likable part also works in the real world. It's the secret to winning life.
    Don't manhandle the urchin. He's not for sale. FIND YOUR OWN! - Xenon the Antiquarian, Dragon Age II

Race Against the Clock: Can your elder sim turn back the clock before their time runs out?
  • AnnePlaysAnnePlays Posts: 2,504 Member
    Also cute cat gifs ;)
    muscle_gumball_by_vanillycake-d4a9ida.png
  • LunqsLunqs Posts: 166 Member
    ^ Aww thank you so much everyone, sadly since im still a new member i cant post gifs qnq
    Contract?
    tumblr_m5b80x2g8w1rum37jo1_500.gif

• Elen DelevingneElen Delevingne Posts: 29 Member
    This Point system is such a brain fryer... :( I'm still finding it hard adapting to these forums from the old ones :joy:
  • jafhsdfjafhsdf Posts: 142 Member
    edited May 2015
    > @cauliflowers said:
    > engage in a heated argument with another forum member

I'M STARING A HEATED ARGUMENT WITH YOU!

Just kidding, I don't think I have a mean bone in my body.
  • Simberella777Simberella777 Posts: 480 Member
    One tip I would add, which won't really help yourself now but will help others, is to always remember what it was like to gain points. When you read posts, don't forget to 'like' or 'lol' someone else's post, even after you become a member, whether they are a new member or not.
  • Simmer724Simmer724 Posts: 106 Member
    > @DressedInDreams said:
    > I feel you, because I'm in the same boat. I am 24 points away (because you need 50, right?), halfway to go...
    > I gave you a like, even though you didn't ask for any :)

I'm two points away.. Been struggling with this. Lol
  • Saramore2708Saramore2708 Posts: 166 Member
    Anyone finding it hard and time consuing to reach member status? From what I see you need 30 posts and 50 points. Good luck to everyone!
    Sara Sims - New Videos Daily! House Builds & CAS! Don't forget to subscribe! :)
  • cophumcophum Posts: 5 New Member
  • ActuallySammyActuallySammy Posts: 299 Member
    ugghh i feel you i already had an account but i decide to swicth emails now i have to go throught the whole process again. Any tips would be a very helpful.
    Origin id: ActuallySammy
    If you want to respond to me please make sure to @ me.
  • naokithefiendnaokithefiend Posts: 53 Member
    I encourage the staff and memebers to help Update links: challenges are difficult to impossible to look up because they are eather just notched away and forumgoers Can not acess them without being full members or links are outdated and well same result. Im glad I wrote down The challange I choice to do for kicks Im goign to consider the budget the Lot price and save up enough mulah to do a complete home within that budget.

spam forums and fourm games are a good way but keep in mind here no one is likely to take you seriously till youcan strut your style as a member. keepingthings mellow untill you get the ropes is alwayse a good idea for forum gowers. Like for isntance I found out they do not like any word inciteing lack of inteligince in fact why is that of all words relating to Dumb changed?
  • naokithefiendnaokithefiend Posts: 53 Member
    Clerifycation on spam forums; Spam forums in this instance are considered to be forum topics that are ridiclious off topic and for general fun reasons, not random trolling or other such frowned upon activities.
  • TriplisTriplis Posts: 3,048 Member
    ugghh i feel you i already had an account but i decide to swicth emails now i have to go throught the whole process again. Any tips would be a very helpful.
    Is there no way to change emails on your main account? :confused:
    Mods moved from MTS, now hosted at: https://triplis.github.io
  • Animal_SimmerAnimal_Simmer Posts: 79 Member
    I also need points. XD I have been trying to get some but it is so excruciatingly slow. I have 36? I think. So, what do you guys recommend as the fastest way?
  • rosemowrosemow Posts: 163,519 Member
    Hello :)
    Just a little note for new members. You receive a point each time another simmer presses like or awesome or insightful on a post that you have posted. Keep posting on the different threads and sections of the forums and you will soon get the points/posts. The off topic section is a good place to post.
    You will soon get the required points and posts if you also post about your simming experiences on threads that you are interested in the thread topics.
    Reading and posting on threads in the Stories and Legacies section is great. The simmers there would appreciate your feedback on their Stories and their legacies
  • mysterionzmysterionz Posts: 3,608 Member
    I also need points. XD I have been trying to get some but it is so excruciatingly slow. I have 36? I think. So, what do you guys recommend as the fastest way?
    Post a lot in the off topic fourm, or post on an active discussion.
    Oh hamburgers!
  • Doctor_VikterDoctor_Vikter Posts: 247 Member
    @Animal_Simmer Keep posting, I know it's really painful but you're almost there. Off Topic section is a great spot and I also found Discussion threads to be super helpful :smiley:
    sK2U2Wr.png
    Art by Pirate-Cashoo
    ||Steam || Origin: Z0mbie_Cakez ||Art Blog ||
    Editing Tutorial
    SimblrTwitter