Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

The windows on the Hospital and Police station from th outside

2...Next

Comments

• Options
    SimGuruMeatballSimGuruMeatball Posts: 314 Member
    Tinted windows for privacy :)
    Art Director @ Maxis
    @SimGuruMeatball
  • Options
    Jessa_DakkarJessa_Dakkar Posts: 9,737 Member
    @SimGuruMeatball, are these work lots such as the Police Station and Hospital, fully editable as in you can tear it down and build it back up piece by piece however you like? All of the components being in build/buy mode? Is there any element of 'rabbit hole' in these buildings? Can our sims who don't work there, visit there and use these facilities?
  • Options
    RoyaiChaosRoyaiChaos Posts: 905 Member
    They might not be done with it.
  • Options
    EvalenEvalen Posts: 10,223 Member
    Well it seems to be people walk there. I don't think that they would be on the steps like that If they could not go in, by the way, the girl all dressed in black looks like a burglar, she is on top of the steps. Maybe a different kind of outfit for a burglar.
    @SimGuruMeatball, are these work lots such as the Police Station and Hospital, fully editable as in you can tear it down and build it back up piece by piece however you like? All of the components being in build/buy mode? Is there any element of 'rabbit hole' in these buildings? Can our sims who don't work there, visit there and use these facilities?

Well we do know that you can use the hospital. As you see sims there who are not workers getting x-ray's, operations and sick sitting in the waiting room.
    As far as the police station I do not know if we can go in and report something or not. If I was not working there, I see no other reason going there.

• Options
    midnightpearlmidnightpearl Posts: 6,578 Member
    just maybe they are real windows that the glass is coloured and not your ordinary windows that are in the game already, we'll probably get coloured glass windows to make it look like a hospital.
  • Options
    Evalen wrote: »
    Well it seems to be people walk there. I don't think that they would be on the steps like that If they could not go in, by the way, the girl all dressed in black looks like a burglar, she is on top of the steps. Maybe a different kind of outfit for a burglar.

Well we do know that you can use the hospital. As you see sims there who are not workers getting x-ray's, operations and sick sitting in the waiting room.
    As far as the police station I do not know if we can go in and report something or not. If I was not working there, I see no other reason going there.

You see npc's using the hospital. I am wondering if the playable sims from your household can get services there.
    I see random visible illnesses, but are those illnesses something which all sims can catch or it is something 'to do' while at your job?
    If there were illnesses coming, I'd have thought there would be mention of that.
    Do you believe that pregnant, laboring sims can choose to go to the hospital to deliver their babies? I mean the sim that you would be playing, in control of? Or do these opportunities to deliver a baby only present while working your job at the hospital?

I want to know how much of this is staged and how much is actual game play. I want to know if I can send my sim to any of the three career buildings without them being employed there and working their jobs. I want to know how much is staging, decoration, backdrop.

• Options
    EvalenEvalen Posts: 10,223 Member
    Evalen wrote: »

You see npc's using the hospital. I am wondering if the playable sims from your household can get services there.
    I see random visible illnesses, but are those illnesses something which all sims can catch or it is something 'to do' while at your job?
    If there were illnesses coming, I'd have thought there would be mention of that.
    Do you believe that pregnant, laboring sims can choose to go to the hospital to deliver their babies? I mean the sim that you would be playing, in control of? Or do these opportunities to deliver a baby only present while working your job at the hospital?

I want to know how much of this is staged and how much is actual game play. I want to know if I can send my sim to any of the three career buildings without them being employed there and working their jobs. I want to know how much is staging, decoration, backdrop.

Looks to me like they are working on playable sims, as Ned is a playable sims and he is there being worked on.
    I think that they are illnesses that your sims can get, like in sims 3, hade to get a flu shot.
    I saw a baby there, and I don't think that It was a workers baby. As most pregnant sims are on work leave. so we must be able to go there for births.
    We do not know all things, we will have to wait and see for sure. I hope they are as I said.

• Options
    SimzSizzleSimzSizzle Posts: 433 Member
    When you said Sims can get illnesses that sparked a hope our Sims can go to the hospital as a patient.
    Think that would be fun & funny to experience.
  • Options
    jcp011c2jcp011c2 Posts: 10,861 Member
    Thank you SimGuruMeatball! Hopefully this does mean no loading screens within lots. That I think would just be too much for me to process.
    It's kind of sad that I have to point out that anything I say is only just my opinion and may be a different one from someone else.
  • Options
    CoriChanCoriChan Posts: 197 Member
    The buildings look like the standard 3 story max building, so I'm gonna assume that each of those rooms are built into the building therefore you can go through each one like you would in your sims house.

Now, they are in the same world but that could still mean you have a loading screen between the police station and the hospital
  • Options
    FilipeSantosFilipeSantos Posts: 138 Member
    maybe maybe not.. u don't know, only when you play it..
  • Options
    LysistrataLysistrata Posts: 323 Member
    jcp011c2 wrote: »
    I'm not sure what you mean but it could just be because i see the words "rabbit hole" and cry inside.

True that.
  • Options
    knazzerknazzer Posts: 3,382 Member
    Maybe it's like apartments in Sims 3 that the skyscraper is a shell and inside is all the room?
  • Options
    NeonHighwaysNeonHighways Posts: 1,508 Member
    I really hope our sims can get sick and go to the hospital as patients! It would be a dream coming true! I'm also hopeful we'll get robbers on our everyday lives stealing our things and we have to call the cops or have an alarm for that!
  • Options
    NotsoGloriaNotsoGloria Posts: 109 Member
    I think the reason why you cant see through windows in the police station is security thing there's a camera
    next to the main door. so don't worry ! :D
    tumblr_ngsp96Ruil1s6441yo1_500.gif
  • Options
    Has anyone noticed any interior shots with windows which correlate to windows on the exterior of the same building?
  • Options
    RebcoonRebcoon Posts: 157 Member
    I hope that the hospital/police station is a rabbit hole that you can enter by loading! Because if that's the case some awesome stuff will go down in there, more details, better performance etc
  • Options
    luthienrisingluthienrising Posts: 37,628 Member
    beccz96 wrote: »
    I hope that the hospital/police station is a rabbit hole that you can enter by loading! Because if that's the case some awesome stuff will go down in there, more details, better performance etc

@SimGuruLindsay said the building is fully open. (She didn't elaborate on whether our Sims not in those careers can go to those buildings, but they aren't Sims 3-style rabbit holes where we can't follow our Sims in, not even in part.)
    EA CREATOR NETWORK MEMBER — Want to be notified of patches, new Broken Mods threads, and urgent Sims 4 news? Follow me at https://www.patreon.com/luthienrising.
  • Options
    I am curious as to whether those buildings are shells which are open inside like the library or student union in University and maybe uneditable or if they can be completely torn down and reconstructed in build/buy.

I'd like to know if they are tied to a certain neighborhood or if they can be placed in either of the existing ones.
  • Options
    Angelllite7Angelllite7 Posts: 9,730 Member
    RosiaMia_ wrote: »
    I don't mind loading screens :)

I don't either. In ts1 they took ages, but in ts4 they go quick for me.

• Options
    RosiaMia_RosiaMia_ Posts: 1,377 Member
    Hmmmm
  • Options
    DannydanboDannydanbo Posts: 18,057 Member
    I think the windows are tinted. If you look at the science lab, however, you can see sims in lab coats working in different areas.