Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Wanna Party Like it's 2000? Come Join the Fun!

Comments

• Options
    KatIzADinosaurKatIzADinosaur Posts: 7 New Member
    I started playing the Sims 2, what seems like many, many years ago. I'm still a huge fan of the sims 2 and 3, and I play the sims 4 daily. I really enjoy the additions Maxis gives us and I hope to see more in the future :) Happy Simming Everyone!!!
  • Options
    hmg337hmg337 Posts: 191 Member
    The first Life Simulation game that I played was The Sims: Deluxe Edition. The first City Building Game I've played was SimCity 4: Deluxe. I've played the sims 2 and the Sims 3. I don't plan on playing the sims 4 for a long time.
  • Options
    Dspenguin2000Dspenguin2000 Posts: 39 New Member
    I believe the first Sims game I played was Sims 2 pets on Gamecube but the first sims pc game I played was the original
  • Options
    JarethsPetJarethsPet Posts: 10 New Member
    I played and had all the original Sims games first, even an add on for Hot Date that either EB Games or Gamestop gave out when I bought one of them. I was so happy and excited when Unleashed came out and it has always been my favorite.
  • Options
    coogiekelpcoogiekelp Posts: 605 Member
    17 years? I think 17 years is coming up. Or, maybe it passed already. Sorry for my lack of knowledge, I've been off from the internet for quite a bit.

Time sure flies.
    Challenges completed: none yet :(
  • Options
    cutiejecutieje Posts: 72 Member
    woah this is an old post o-o
    forever wishing i could use motherlode irl.
  • Options
    sunman502sunman502 Posts: 18,325 Member
    17 years is a long time for any video game franchise. 17 years and only 4 iterations. That's impressive. :)
  • Options
    sophieskysophiesky Posts: 2 New Member
    Sims 4 was my first. I remember my dad mentioning he played the original Sims for a while. It's crazy how far this game has come!
  • Options
    sophiesky wrote: »
    Sims 4 was my first. I remember my dad mentioning he played the original Sims for a while. It's crazy how far this game has come!
    Yes it is.
  • Options
    KathykinsKathykins Posts: 1,883 Member
    Been playing The Sims since late 2001, I think. Amazing how long its been. I've been through most of them, TS1-4, TS on Playstation, Bustin' Out and also TSO/EA-Land.
  • Options
    Callielee227Callielee227 Posts: 56 Member
    I've been playing since the Sims 3! I'm playing mostly the sims 4 now but the Sims 3 will always have a place in my heart.
  • Options
    PlaidygamiPlaidygami Posts: 51 Member
    I've been a Sims fan ever since the very first game. :) I think my absolute favourite was 2, even more so than 3. I just put so many hours into it, and had several generations of families in it, too. I was so invested in it, it was incredible.
    来る者は拒まず。 去る者は追わず。
    天下無不散之筵席。
  • Options
    andelliotjamesandelliotjames Posts: 33 Member
    I wasn't alive back then...
  • Options
    edited May 2017
    I wasn't alive back then...
    Hello, Welcome to the Forums. Glad to have you with us. If you need any help with your game please don't hesitate to ask here. One of us will surely try to help you out as best we can. :)
  • Options
    lauravonawesomelauravonawesome Posts: 2,905 Member
    @Kathykins same here~ I got into TS2 back in 2001, at 14 years old; my family had a Mac though, so I could only play at my best friend's house.

I played the original game as well, but it was TS2 that secured my place as a Simmer. I'm 30 now, and I still play a ton during school breaks and holidays... I've been stuck indoors since I had surgery on my left ankle back in February, and have been killing time by playing my many Sims games.

Admittedly, I'm a bit burnt out at the moment. But the DD-stalking board gives me something to look forward to.
    I own the store, as of 12/16/17!| Thank you | Friends?| DD Rotation & Sales Help

anigif_enhanced-19003-1450118526-12.gif
  • Options
    naninani Posts: 5,563 Member
    i started with the 2 when i was a kid, but don't remember most of it except that my first family was a mom that had twins and they all soon died in a fire. my favorite is the 3 because i spent so much time in it and i loved the extension (still do)
    A french girl who's been hanging out on the english sims forum for a year now.

tumblr_nj0devVCY61s3y9slo1_500.gif

• Options
    reanseihreanseih Posts: 265 Member
    Started playing in Sims 3, only had base game back then with a hell ton of cc. I actually don't remember how long it's been. o.o It's gotta be at least 5 or 6 years ago though, since this was before I got myself a Mac. Well, 99% of my Sims life was dedicated to building lol, still is and mostly likely will always be.
    青天白日滿地紅 Blue Sky, White Sun, and a Wholly Red Earth
    The Sims 4 Gallery
    The Sims 4 Showcase
  • Options
    PurplishSimEaterPurplishSimEater Posts: 563 Member
    Picked up a copy of TS3 from GameStop in 2011, been on and off playing since. Worth it. Most of my time is spent creating Sims and then playing them for a while before forgetting about them.
    Works in Progress: Fitzgerald Family Fables
    House: Ravenclaw/Pukwudgie | Wand: 12 1/4", Spruce & Phoenix Feather, Hard flexibility | Patronus: Black & White Cat
  • Options
    LopezPlaysAlotLopezPlaysAlot Posts: 19 New Member
    WOHO I am giving myself a present of a cheesecake to celebrate 15 years of Sims! ( I only have been playing for 5 years but who cares it's cake )
  • Options
    LyrieLyrie Posts: 881 Member
    My first sims games was sims bustin out on gamecube. I later played Sims 2 for Playstation and then PC. After that it was Sims 3 and now finally sims 4~ The sims are amazing and a great way to tell stories and be a general outlet~
  • Options
    ChelseaSTLChelseaSTL Posts: 20 New Member
    I started playing in 2001 on the original Sims. I'm glad it's still around 17+ years later!
  • Options
    SubmarineSubmarine Posts: 3,424 Member
    I started playing in about... 2011 when I was 8. I started with TS3, bought Town stuff and island paradise, and then I got TS2 master pack or something along those lines. Now I have TS4 with get to work and city living. I plan to get parenthood when I have enough money :P
    I won Game of the Year in the 2nd annual Scummies Awards!
    eM56lKI.png
    Call me Sub

• Options
    LyouflnLyoufln Posts: 10,861 Member
    I played a little bit of the Sims 1 because a family friend introduced me to it. I mostly just built stuff on it. I played the Sims 2 on and off for YEARS until I bought the Sims 3 about 3 years ago. I just got the Sims 4 (I play on a Mac now) and I love it! Build mode is so much fun and my houses don't always look like shoeboxes anymore!
  • Options
    AsunaSama10AsunaSama10 Posts: 30 New Member
    I want to see how many people like The Sims!!! If you do, either like or awesome this comment!!!
  • Options
    LyricSimsz15LyricSimsz15 Posts: 13,136 Member
    I Started playing... This April 23rd. Well, technically since December of 2015 with Freeplay.
    pN7cZBV.gif
    Just vibing...
    Check out my stories The Diversity Club and Lost Pride here on the forums!