OCTOBER 17 - It's Patch Day for The Sims 4! Check out whats new and whats fixed.
The Sims 4 Cats & Dogs: Create The Most Unique Pets With Create A Pet! Read more on the blog.
The Sims 4 Is Coming To Xbox One and PlayStation 4! Read the blog for more info.

Wanna Party Like it's 2000? Come Join the Fun!

Comments

• SimGuruBChickSimGuruBChick Posts: 1,013 SimGuru (retired)
    Congrats simmers and simgurus :)

I'm still wondering which simguru has been working for more years in The Sims series? My guess: Shannon.

I thought it was Lyndsay but then I saw Daniel's post about being a tester on the first The Sims. Let's see if anyone owns up to be the longest serving member of the studio.
  • s_al87s_al87 Posts: 70 Member
    Happy 15th birthday The Sims series!! :) <3
  • Bergstrand90Bergstrand90 Posts: 11 New Member
    edited February 2015
    Happy birthday! <3
  • zorba2357zorba2357 Posts: 6,096 Member
    Wilderwolf wrote: »
    tumblr_nj22xxR8jV1rzq92mo2_1280.png

Fifteen years of my life in one photo. Thank you all so much for making the greatest series ever. Happy birthday/anniversary! And here's to 15 more amazing years!

What a great picture @Wilderwolf. I wish I had every box! I have many but for some dumb reason threw out some of the sims 2 boxes. I still have the box set of sims 1 prima guides.

HAPPY BIRTHDAY SIMS!!!

2qbzq4o.jpg

I still remember getting sims 1 for the first time. Thank you maxis and EA for 15 years of the SIMS!
  • SimGuruDanielSimGuruDaniel Posts: 211 SimGuru
    Congrats simmers and simgurus :)

I'm still wondering which simguru has been working for more years in The Sims series? My guess: Shannon.

I thought it was Lyndsay but then I saw Daniel's post about being a tester on the first The Sims. Let's see if anyone owns up to be the longest serving member of the studio.

Pretty sure I'm the only guru who worked on the OG base game.
  • ScobreScobre Posts: 16,144 Member
    @SimGuruDaniel Congrats on being the longest working Guru. Do Gurus ever have dreams about the Sims?
  • zorba2357zorba2357 Posts: 6,096 Member
    Do Sims Dream of Gurus?
  • MegandtheMoonMegandtheMoon Posts: 1,831 Member
    Happy Birthday to the Sims! :blush: I can't believe it's been 15 years. Time flies when you're playing the Sims!
  • SimGuruHoutsSimGuruHouts Posts: 36 SimGuru
    @Scobre I've definitely had dreams about The Sims. But it's usually more about all the work that goes into making the game.
  • faithersfaithers Posts: 18 New Member
    I do not know how to put up pictures...so..HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!!! :-)
    @Scobre I've definitely had dreams about The Sims. But it's usually more about all the work that goes into making the game.
    The dreams must turn into nightmares sometimes then. Like dreaming of coding a game and having exploding diapers. XD We really do appreciate all the hard work the Gurus have put into the games in the past fifteen years even though at times it may not seem like it. Personally I think you guys are talented enough to transform the Sims 4 into a great life simulation game. It's just going to take time and maybe a little yelling from Simmers. ;) Thank you for bringing aliens back even though I'll have to wait on a patch hopefully to get my alien toddlers again. I have been in love with those little green things since the Curious brothers of the Sims 2. I named Pascal's first daughter Nebula and then one of his brother's next baby Venus. It was fun giving the kids space names. What are some of your favorite names you pick for kids for your Sims?

This is Venus and Nebula.
    snapshot_ed7b3373_21c844ab_zpsfd3dfac7.jpg

Venus is half bigfoot and half alien and has some amazing ears on her.
  • SylvSylv Posts: 862 Member
    Happy Birthday Sims! Great 15 years!

Be honest: They were about me.

OK fine, they were about making the game AND about @SimGuruDaniel. In the office, we call him "Dreamy Dan".
    I think I must be a tad tired. I nearly read that as Steely Dan. But lol both of you are really funny.
  • BrennachanBrennachan Posts: 1,779 Member
    edited February 2015
    Woot! Happy Birthday to The Sims!

*puts on party outfit and starts to smustle AND hip bump*

I've been playing since Sims 1. My hubbie bought it for me for my birthday that year and I've been playing ever since!

Here's my simself (in the pink hat) dancing with other simmies!

Woot! It's a party!

10491287_1530878880505890_7400099472770324613_n.jpg?oh=c8994439edc1bc9c063abaa77220e0a7&oe=55618ACE

10325612_1530878957172549_7379980553495842267_n.jpg?oh=1d2d78001ad3c790bb6248e6f6bfed45&oe=556C2624&__gda__=1430858612_d793b62535bced5a83be039a5311031d
  • rosemowrosemow Posts: 115,505 Member
    Your simself looks like she and the other sims are having lots of fun celebrating the anniversary by dancing @brennachan :) Happy simming! It was a great birthday present that your husband bought sims 1 for you and that you have placed sims from then onwards!
  • SimGuruLakshmiSimGuruLakshmi Posts: 60 SimGuru
    (*) Happy Birthday, The Sims! (*)

Once I had a computer good enough to run The Sims, I picked it up and was immediately hooked. I spent SO many hours playing The Sims 1, particularly with my full neighborhood of Buffy the Vampire Slayer CC Sims.

None of this would have been possible without this amazing, creative, dedicated community! Thank you all! <3
    It took me forever to find this video fitting for the thread, but I finally found it on a French site: http://www.wat.tv/video/prince-1999-382gh_2hztv_.html
  • SimGuruMeatballSimGuruMeatball Posts: 314 Member
    Yay! I brought meatballs for everyone!

tcqxyv4rzdzq.jpg
  • ArlettaArletta Posts: 8,444 Member
    *waves at everyone*

Happy birthday, The Sims.

*tap dances away*

Not to worry, I have my dancing shoes on.
  • chealsycatchealsycat Posts: 2,604 Member
    <3 HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO THE SIMS! <3

edlbubv7v4ke.png
    The meatballs look tasty! @SimguruMeatball :) They are great party food. Happy simming!
    Your collage picture of photos of your sims and builds from the different versions of the Sims looks great! @chealsycat :)
  • Jarsie9Jarsie9 Posts: 12,714 Member
    Now I wish I hadn't eaten that guacamole burger....Swedish meatballs for the win!