Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Wanna Party Like it's 2000? Come Join the Fun!

Comments

• sunman502sunman502 Posts: 18,325 Member
    kanivara wrote: »
    Oh man, has it really been around this long?? Awesome.
    Yes it has! Sims 4 seems almost completely different than Sims 1, because it has been that long ago. I wonder just how many of us actually remember what they were doing, beside playing Sims 1 back then.

• aaronjc123aaronjc123 Posts: 1,117 Member
    edited May 2016
    sunman502 wrote: »
    kanivara wrote: »
    Oh man, has it really been around this long?? Awesome.
    Yes it has! Sims 4 seems almost completely different than Sims 1, because it has been that long ago. I wonder just how many of us actually remember what they were doing, beside playing Sims 1 back then.

I was 5 when The Sims was released so I don't really remember what I was doing, lol. Definitely not playing The Sims though. I've only played The Sims '1' a few times, and I have it on PS2. TS2 will always be my baby, and Sim City 4 - that game is a classic. I would like to thank my older cousin who is to blame for me being a Sim addict. :# I was 9 when I first got TS2, now I'm 21 and it's still my favourite thing to do.. :(o:)

(also a big thanks to my grandmother for being so innocent and unaware that games have age ratings, much to the dismay of my mother.. hehe)
  • Broncos4lifeBroncos4life Posts: 11,798 Member
    caro_almostmakes..__00443.png?t=1418525134

Body is 5 characters too short
    Do you like solving a mystery? Come join a mafia game!
    Link: here!

71t7p4hX88L._AC_SL1500_.jpg
  • jayzaldijayzaldi Posts: 65 Member
    I have been playing the sims for ages!
  • jayzaldijayzaldi Posts: 65 Member
    It's amazing to see how far it has come and changed (:
    jayzaldi wrote: »
    It's amazing to see how far it has come and changed (:
    I agree, it is pretty amazing to see how The Sims as a franchise has changed over the years. And even more so about how this video game has influenced an entire world in a decade and half. I see simulation and RPG video games sticking around for decades to come. B)

• Arkster93Arkster93 Posts: 154 Member
    So how tf do I upload an avatar?
  • Broncos4lifeBroncos4life Posts: 11,798 Member
    You have to become a member before you can upload an avatar. Once you are, There is a preferences option in your profile. In order to become a member, you need 30 posts (comments or discussions) and 50 points You can earn points by having "reactions" to your posts or earning badges. To get your posts, you can play games in the off topic chat. It's a lot of fun, and I find myself playing games for hours :D
    Do you like solving a mystery? Come join a mafia game!
    Link: here!

71t7p4hX88L._AC_SL1500_.jpg
  • More_MooreMore_Moore Posts: 408 Member
    edited May 2016
    sunman502 wrote: »
    I see simulation and RPG video games sticking around for decades to come. B)

RPGs!!!!!!!!! <3 I love simulation games as well (not just the Sims) but mostly the Japanese breed - a la Harvest Moon, Rune Factory - and hybrids as well, such as Thousand Arms, one of my fav RPGs of all time with dating simulator elements.

I'm just going to shut up or I'll be on about certain games all day v_v
    Simmer since day one. Owns every Expansion and extras. Even the console games. XD

Feel free to chat me (I like games/RPGs, game dev, and animu/anime)
  • OhMyGoshSimsOhMyGoshSims Posts: 43 Member
    Anyone here used to play THE SIMS, like the sims 1 :') The social services were such a pain in the 🐸🐸🐸🐸 in that one, if you left the baby to cry for a certain amount of time the social worker would come and just take your baby and that would be it. They need to bring back social services into the games again but obviously use them in a better way ^.^
    I have played Sims 1. But I never had any problems with Social Services in that Sims game. For me, I can live with out Social Services in the game because I do not need any NPC character telling my sims how to take care of their own child.
  • crystaldacitycrystaldacity Posts: 79 Member
    when a series is older than you
    Hello! I'm Crystaldacity. I love the sims! <3
  • cupomocupomo Posts: 21 New Member
    Ok I feel like an plum but I can't figure out how to post a discussion can someone please help
  • ChocolateLoveitChocolateLoveit Posts: 152 Member
    WOW! Has it been 15 years already?! Congratulations to all the Sim Gurus and Sims players for making it possible!
    "One must turn up on the regular" -Maya Angelou
  • LemonMorrangLemonMorrang Posts: 50 Member
    i'm one year late to the party but whoot whoot!
  • HyashiHyashi Posts: 39 Member
    I can't believe it's been so long! Hooray! Please continue to work on improving the Sims series!
  • LyniaSCLyniaSC Posts: 1,021 Member
    cupomo wrote: »
    Ok I feel like an plum but I can't figure out how to post a discussion can someone please help

The reason you can't post a discussion is because you are "New Member" as opposed to being a "Member". You can achieve member status by posting at least 30 comments, and by earning 50 points. You get points by earning badges and by gaining reactions to your posts. (i.e. someone hits the like, insightful, or awesome button on your comment). Once you become a regular member, there is a big blue "New Discussion" button on the top right corner of the forum. Hope that helps!
  • xLunaSimsxxLunaSimsx Posts: 6,719 Member
    Yay I love the sims lol! PARTY!!!!
    MPy9H9S.gif
  • Crazy_SimsLoverCrazy_SimsLover Posts: 30 Member
    Forever simmers,
    From the beginning to the end.
    We were there for the birth of sims 1
    Which became very successful.
    We were there for the next, sims 2
    Amazingness just hit the world by storm
    We met the sims 3
    Open world, no regrets
    Then we were introduced to the new kid on the block,
    Sims 4
    A great foundation for what had been treasured for 15 glorious years.
    Without sims, I don't know what I would do
    This is my view, do you think so too?

Long life sims!
    Happy 15 beautiful and we hope for another 15 to fly by again :)
  • TheoriesOfHappinessTheoriesOfHappiness Posts: 1,126 Member
    i still remember when the sims 1 first came out and how hyped i was to play it for the first time; seems hard to believe how integral it's been in my life until seeing how old it is officially on this forum!
  • MarnettiMarnetti Posts: 1,047 Member

If you ask me, we should party like it's 1999. B)

tumblr_mi2qao3J2M1rdnvweo1_400_zps27fec9a6.gif
    ~I just like lifestates. Is that too much to ask for?~
    tumblr_p4xbgrS3wO1tltr42o1_500.gif
  • xLunaSimsxxLunaSimsx Posts: 6,719 Member
    yep!
    2rd7seb.gif
    PARTY HARD!
    MPy9H9S.gif
  • UniSimsUniSims Posts: 1,246 Member
    partayyy. I'm kind of really late for this lol
    laughing-gifs-old-timey.gif

Everything is more colourful in black and white
  • crystaldacitycrystaldacity Posts: 79 Member
    ok but literally, i was born exactly on the sims' 5th anniversary xD the same date!!!!!! coincidence that me and my favourite game have birthdays on the same day xD
    Hello! I'm Crystaldacity. I love the sims! <3
  • SiliconebunnySiliconebunny Posts: 51 Member
    Anyone here used to play THE SIMS, like the sims 1 :') The social services were such a pain in the plum in that one, if you left the baby to cry for a certain amount of time the social worker would come and just take your baby and that would be it. They need to bring back social services into the games again but obviously use them in a better way ^.^

Can you imagine if your baby got taken away you could still meet them in the street when they got older.
    So they move in with another family, instead of vanishing off the existence.
    That would make for great storytelling !

I hope the party is still going!
    ☾ ✧---🖤--- ✧ ☽