Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

- Can my Mac run The Sims 4? Answers can be found here -

Comments

• Options
    PhnxPlaPhnxPla Posts: 9 New Member
    Thank you for your advice nearia35 and bluebellflora. I think I know just what I'm going to get now. I have one last question though is AppleCare actually worth purchasing?
  • Options
    BluebellFloraBluebellFlora Posts: 7,110 Member
    PhnxPla wrote: »
    Thank you for your advice nearia35 and bluebellflora. I think I know just what I'm going to get now. I have one last question though is AppleCare actually worth purchasing?

I ALWAYS buy it for every single Mac I've bought. Hopefully you'll never need to use it but if you ever need repair work carried out on your Mac it is very expensive compared to the cost of the APP.

apple-signature.png
  • Options
    Kirst817Kirst817 Posts: 1 New Member
    I am looking to buy a 2006 macbook, I was just wondering if it would run the sims 4 smoothly. The mac is a dual boot apple macbook, "core 2 duo" 2.0 13 inch. It features a 2.0 GHz Intel "core 2 duo" processor (T7200) with 2 independent processor cores on a single silicon chip, a 4 mb shared "on chip" level 2 cache, a 667 MHz frontside bus. Late 2006 model. Hard drive - 320gb, memory - 3gb ram.
    Not very good with technology so anyou help would be great. Thanks
  • Options
    Kirst817 wrote: »
    I am looking to buy a 2006 macbook, I was just wondering if it would run the sims 4 smoothly. The mac is a dual boot apple macbook, "core 2 duo" 2.0 13 inch. It features a 2.0 GHz Intel "core 2 duo" processor (T7200) with 2 independent processor cores on a single silicon chip, a 4 mb shared "on chip" level 2 cache, a 667 MHz frontside bus. Late 2006 model. Hard drive - 320gb, memory - 3gb ram.
    Not very good with technology so anyou help would be great. Thanks

No, it won't run the game as it is well below the minimum specs:

Minimum OS – Mac OS X Lion (10.7.5)
    CPU – Intel Core 2 Duo 2.4Ghz or better
    RAM – At least 4Gb RAM
    Hard Drive – At least 10Gb of free space with at least 1Gb additional space for custom content
    Video – NVIDIA GeForce 320M, 9600M, 9400M,ATI Radeon HD 2600 Pro or better. Video RAM of 256MB or better.
    Input – Keyboard and Mouse
    Online Requirements: Internet Connection required for product activation

It also has an Intel Graphics Media Accelerator (GMA) 950 which is not supported
    apple-signature.png
  • Options
    MinyitaMinyita Posts: 2 New Member
    If anybody is interested, I'd like to share my experiences with you - I got the high-end Mid 12 Non retina MBP 15",
    I got it with 2.6 Ghz i7, upgraded to 16GB RAM and 1 TB SSD, got the one with the 1GB Geforce GT 650M and I run it on native resolution with 1650*1080 with most settings on ultra except light, around 30-40 FPS on average, sometimes more :) I got all three EPs and two Bundles.
    The loading times are a bit faster than before with the new SSD.
    It runs even better and smoother than sims 3 bootcamped, which was sadly buggy as hell (I was fine with only WA and ambitions back them though).
    I'm very happy with that already 4 year old Mac - if you're looking for a used MBP, I recommend that one, it's also kinda easy to upgrade and repair.
    You can probably get it for 1200$ used in good condition, and for gaming its definitely the better deal than the new regular macbook. sure it isnt that light, but it's not exactly heavy either.
  • Options
    MinyitaMinyita Posts: 2 New Member
    I also got my old MBP 13 Mid 09 over here, 8GB RAM and 2.53ghz Core 2 Duo, 9400M, tomorrow I'll try if its playable, may be interesting to some, I saw quite a few with that graphic card here in that thread. :)
  • Options
    katiee822katiee822 Posts: 19 Member
    Literally no clue when it comes to this sort of thing, will this let me run sims 4?
    2.2GHz quad-core Intel Core i7 processor, Turbo Boost up to 3.4GHz
    16GB 1600MHz memory
    256GB PCIe-based SSD
    Intel Iris Pro Graphics
    Thanks in advance
  • Options
    Tremayne4260Tremayne4260 Posts: 3,126 Member
    What version of the Mac OS are you running?
    Second Star to the Right and Straight on 'til Morning.
  • Options
    I'm actually looking at buying one with those specs so not sure what version it is?! It's my first venture into the world of OS and everything, sorry for being clueless!
  • Options
    sutivirus12sutivirus12 Posts: 110 Member
    edited January 2017
    @Tremayne4260 @katiee822 If it's new, then it should be macOS Sierra (10.12) :)

The game should run fine (on high settings, I'm guessing, as the Iris Pro is a fairly powerful integrated graphics chip), but the game might slow down as you add more content (like expansion packs, game packs and stuff packs).

Could you also please tell us your budget? Are you able to stretch your budget? If so, then it might be a good idea to go for the 2016 MacBook Pro 15" with the Touch Bar, as for $400 (I know it's quite a bit) you are future proofing yourself with a dedicated graphics, and newer generation processors.

I am not sure if I am giving good advice here, so it would be good to hear @BluebellFlora and @Tremayne4260's opinions as well. :)
    thesims4galleryhousessignature_zps7u25o7vp.png
  • Options
    katiee822 wrote: »
    I'm actually looking at buying one with those specs so not sure what version it is?! It's my first venture into the world of OS and everything, sorry for being clueless!

That's either a 2014 or 2015 15" MacBook Pro model with 1600 MHz speed RAM and no dedicated GPU I'm guessing? It's not the latest 2016 model. Do you have a link to where you're buying it from? We'll get more information from it that way. I doubt it's directly from Apple as it's the older model. If it's from a 3rd party seller (PC World/BestBuy etc.) then they may be trying to sell through old stock so the chances are it is probably not running macOS Sierra 10.12, depending on the exact model.
    apple-signature.png
  • Options
    Was direct from Apple, it won't let me post a link cause I haven't been around long enough apparently. I may be able to stretch my budget but am hoping this is good enough so I don't have to ha!
  • Options
    Think I'm just going to bite the bullet and get the newest one! Would that be okay to run everything?
  • Options
    Think I'm just going to bite the bullet and get the newest one! Would that be okay to run everything?

Was it this one? http://www.apple.com/shop/buy-mac/macbook-pro?product=MJLQ2LL/A&step=config#

That's the 2015 model, can't believe they're still selling it but oh well.

The new 15" MBP with Touch Bar? Yes, it should be fine. It has dedicated AMD graphics which are always preferable to integrated Intel (which the 13" has).
    apple-signature.png
  • Options
    Yes that was it! Would that run it or no?
  • Options
    edited January 2017
    Yes that was it! Would that run it or no?

The one you were looking at would run it, but the Touch Bar one ($2399+) will run it much better and for much longer. As @BluebellFlora stated, "it has dedicated AMD graphics which is always preferable to integrated Intel (which the 13" has)". :)
  • Options
    The newer one it is then! Thank you both so much for you help!
  • Options

You are very welcome! Hope you enjoy your new MacBook! :)
  • Options

No problem. In fact, if you can stretch your budget even more you should go for the 4Gb AMD Radeon Pro GPU. You'll be future proofing yourself for years to come :)

apple-signature.png
  • Options
    vivien140777vivien140777 Posts: 1 New Member
    will it work on my MacBook?
    OS X El Capitan
    MacBookPro Retina 15' 2014
    2,2 GHz Intel Core i7
    16 GB 1600 MHz DDR3
    Intel Iris Pro 1536 MB
  • Options
    oliverwarren123oliverwarren123 Posts: 1 New Member
    Hello! I currently play sims 4 on desktop windows with most of the DLC and it runs well, I am wondering if my MacBook pro 13 inches with touch bar can handle the same. I am thinking about downloading the game on my MacBook pro so I can play on the go, however, I think I need to go pretty much all or nothing with the DLC to enjoy my game. Do you think my computer can handle running the game with all those additions? I would really appreciate if someone could let me know, thanks! :)
  • Options
    Tremayne4260Tremayne4260 Posts: 3,126 Member
    What are the specs of you Mac?
    Second Star to the Right and Straight on 'til Morning.
  • Options
    Alonely14Alonely14 Posts: 1 New Member
    Hello everybody

I'm thinking about installing the sims 4 on my macbook pro, but I don't know it'll work
    I'd be very happy if someone could help me :smile:

OX X Yosemite (10.10.5)
    2.3 GHz Intel Core i5
    4 GB 1333 MHz DDR3
    Intel HD Graphics 3000 384 MB

Thank you :blush:
  • Options
    MarielMariel Posts: 1 New Member
    Hi, will the Sims 4 work on this MacBook Air?

Os Sierra (13 inch, early 2015)
    1,6 GhZ Intel Core i5
    8GB 1600 MhZ DDR3
    Intel HD Graphics 6000 1536 MB

Thx!!
  • Options
    VinylmanVinylman Posts: 1 New Member
    If I buy the 4k iMac, will the sims 4 run on that, or can it only run on the 5k model?