Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Video Blogging job/profession (Youtuber) idea

Comments

• KaraStarsKaraStars Posts: 242 Member
    I'm glad you like it :)
    My CC
    KaraStars on the Gallery
    I just tweeted this to Graham, hopefully he might see it.
    My CC
    KaraStars on the Gallery
  • tasteofsweetnesstasteofsweetness Posts: 131 Member
    Lol yeah it's a great idea. My sister and I where trying to make a youtuber (iiSuperwomanii) the other day and we had a hard time of what her job should be.
    tumblr_nm1mkrBH4m1ruagyno5_1280.jpg

~tasteofsweetness - Living the Simming Life since late 2000 Sims 3~
    Christmas Cheer ~ Holiday Vibes

• KikiSparks1209KikiSparks1209 Posts: 20 Member
    This would also be perfect for people who like to make their sims based on youtubers. For example, I have a family based on two of my favorite youtubers, and it would be great if they could have that profession rather than being in the "Entertainment/Comedy" career which is the closest you can really get.
  • PsychoSimXXPsychoSimXX Posts: 4,403 Member
    This is an awesome idea!!!!! Don't forget the endorsements. If your channel is big enough companies will send you free stuff to use. Some will even pay you to upload a video saying good stuff about their products. So that should be included as well.

Follow me on Twitter

Check out my Gallery

Peace, Love, and Unity.

`•.,¸¸,.•´¯ ¯`•.,¸¸,.•´
    edited December 2015
    This is an awesome idea!!!!! Don't forget the endorsements. If your channel is big enough companies will send you free stuff to use. Some will even pay you to upload a video saying good stuff about their products. So that should be included as well.

Yeah that's a good idea! I'll update the post with everyone's ideas.
    My CC
    KaraStars on the Gallery
    edited December 2015
    //double post//
    Post edited by KaraStars on
    My CC
    KaraStars on the Gallery
    Any more ideas?
    My CC
    KaraStars on the Gallery
  • PinkprincessselPinkprincesssel Posts: 1 New Member
    I want this to happen :D<3:blush::wink:
    I want this to happen :D<3:blush::wink:

Yay :)
    My CC
    KaraStars on the Gallery
  • meepweepmeepweep Posts: 309 Member
    I've thought about this becoming available in a "Fame" EP. Since there are several ways to get famous via the internet nowadays, it would be fun to see the "youtuber" thing be available. Like for instance, the better charisma, the more successful your sim's videos become.

There are a couple things in game that are like this already. If you have high skill charisma you can start a social network. You can post images, update your status, post viral videos, invent hashtags. Then you can check how many followers you have. About the same goes for the video gaming skill. Once you're high enough in the skill you can live stream any game and get money for it (everyone just donates 1 simoleon but it's still something) and when the livestream ends you get a notification saying how many followers you have.

So since that's already in the game, having a new different way for your sims to be known on the internet would be so much fun, and imo not impossible! I think it could be a good selling point of an EP or GP too.
  • AtalantaNemesisAtalantaNemesis Posts: 33 Member
    I love this idea!
    Imagine with a EP or GP like that, there would also be Conventions you could go to like a GamingCon like Gamescom or E3, ComicCons or BeautyCons. Testing things and making reviews :)
  • MarleyTheWizardMarleyTheWizard Posts: 962 Member
    Been wanting something like this since I found out about the social network interaction and later simstagram.
    I Sometimes Tweet About The Sims 4
    Gallery ID: MarleyTheWizard
  • kwanzaabotkwanzaabot Posts: 2,440 Member
    In real-life this sort of thing tends to just depress me. Every girl I meet thinks she's gonna become an internet celebrity, and I don't have the heart to tell her that it probably won't happen.

For the Sims, I guess it could be an interesting active career of sorts in a celebrity expansion. They stay at home, but get a checklist where they have to prepare, film and edit their videos, advertise on social media, and check for comments. Maybe there's a mischief option where they can Drum Up Online Controversy or Make Up Clickbait for extra views?

Fitness-oriented Sims could Make Up Bro-Science (so many bodybuilders online have no idea what they're talking about) or Show Off Glutes (pretty much the only exercises fitness models seem to care about are ones that target the glutes).

Then Geek Sims could Review Stuff Packs or Record Let's Plays, or even Livestream Game... or how about Voice Act in Abridged Anime?
    wJbomAo.png
  • More_MooreMore_Moore Posts: 408 Member
    I want eet. I want eet so baaaaadddd.
    Simmer since day one. Owns every Expansion and extras. Even the console games. XD

Feel free to chat me (I like games/RPGs, game dev, and animu/anime)
    edited May 2016
    I love this idea!
    Imagine with a EP or GP like that, there would also be Conventions you could go to like a GamingCon like Gamescom or E3, ComicCons or BeautyCons. Testing things and making reviews :)

Yeah that'd be great! There could also be something like VidCon for the youtubers that vlog more.
    kwanzaabot wrote: »

For the Sims, I guess it could be an interesting active career of sorts in a celebrity expansion. They stay at home, but get a checklist where they have to prepare, film and edit their videos, advertise on social media, and check for comments. Maybe there's a mischief option where they can Drum Up Online Controversy or Make Up Clickbait for extra views?

Fitness-oriented Sims could Make Up Bro-Science (so many bodybuilders online have no idea what they're talking about) or Show Off Glutes (pretty much the only exercises fitness models seem to care about are ones that target the glutes).

Then Geek Sims could Review Stuff Packs or Record Let's Plays, or even Livestream Game... or how about Voice Act in Abridged Anime?

These are great ideas! I guess you can do a mixture of ambitions and GTW with the checklist idea. I feel like traits or emotions could really play a part in this so for example a sad sim could make a sad video or a creative sim could make an artistic video, etc. If your channel really hits off then it could lead to other careers such as anime voice actors and so on.

I'll add all your ideas, thank you!

My CC
    KaraStars on the Gallery
  • AlanSimsAlanSims Posts: 713 Member
    edited May 2016
    I'd like to see that in the future. I could see it being added on a University EP and would probably include a Social Networking skill.

There's actually a new game called YouTubers life about it, so it'd be fun to have that as an active career.
  • kwanzaabotkwanzaabot Posts: 2,440 Member
    KaraStars wrote: »
    These are great ideas! I guess you can do a mixture of ambitions and GTW with the checklist idea. I feel like traits or emotions could really play a part in this so for example a sad sim could make a sad video or a creative sim could make an artistic video, etc. If your channel really hits off then it could lead to other careers such as anime voice actors and so on.

At the risk of dating myself, I can't help but think of the Leave Britney Alone guy.
    wJbomAo.png
    kwanzaabot wrote: »

At the risk of dating myself, I can't help but think of the Leave Britney Alone guy.

Yeah I know that video, it'd be funny to see your sim recreate it
    My CC
    KaraStars on the Gallery
    Any more suggestions or opinions?
    My CC
    KaraStars on the Gallery
  • CK213CK213 Posts: 20,528 Member
    Zachary wrote: »
    This would go great with a Superstar/Showtime expansion pack. It would be nice to see Sims in the neighborhood react positively or negatively to your Sim's latest video too.

Yeah that'd be good :smile: and plus Nighthero's idea could go with that too, so you can get townies commenting on your videos.

Actually something similar has shown up in EA TS4 marketing surveys.
    I don't know if they intend for it to be a Game Pack or Expansion Pack.
    GET FAMOUS:
    It’s time to get internet famous! Start a band, play pranks on your friends, give Sims stylish makeovers and broadcast it all on SimTube to gain fans and get famous.
    The%20Goths.png?width=1920&height=1080&fit=bounds
  • iDelicateTragedyiDelicateTragedy Posts: 1 New Member
    OMG this is perfect! I honestly think this should be in sims! :)
  • Coolkat160Coolkat160 Posts: 4 New Member
    That would be awesome to have a profession as a blogger or youtuber. It's so creative and adds to the sims being more modern.
  • PrincessVeePrincessVee Posts: 1,787 Member
    Coolkat160 wrote: »
    That would be awesome to have a profession as a blogger or youtuber. It's so creative and adds to the sims being more modern.
    We kind of already have social media career in CL in which you can create meems, broadcast and stream videos and games working from home. I don't think EA will make another similar career. And I don't think there's a need for it. Social media career in CL is pretty much Youtuber career.

Intel i7-6700HQ; nvidia gtx970m 3 gb; 1tb HHD and 256gb SSD; my drivers are always up to date.

• IAmTanaijaLoveIAmTanaijaLove Posts: 3 New Member
    I also have a YouTube account where I vlogs but I’m out of ideas! Any help?