Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Phipps-Tan descendants? But that's not my sim....

simsgal2227simsgal2227 Posts: 12,279 Member
So my sim is in Oasis Landing, and I saw one of the households was Phipps-Tan descendants, along with Pollock, the one for my sims. I wondered who Phipps-Tan was, and it is one of my sim's friends. They're not even in the same household. I didn't know that could happen. Here they are to liven up the thread.

16398345122_2c7b93a7cb_o.jpg

I found them in an OL community lot I just made (always glad to see sims using my lots lol).

And what does this mean? What makes my sim 'working class'?

16398368302_8bc2feea98_o.jpg

Comments

• picklesthecat114picklesthecat114 Posts: 2,690 Member
    Maybe it's a glitch idk I don't usally go to the future.
    Lantern-flying-in-Tangled.gif
  • RubiesandRainbowsRubiesandRainbows Posts: 197 Member
    The name being different is just really chance, increased by the fact that you're friends with them. You can imagine it as the game assuming that one of your descendants met one of their descendants through that friendship and married one of them, taking their name.

The working class part is mainly based on your current household situation. It really only means that there's more chance that your descendants will be in a similar social-economic class as you, with a random chance that they're richer or poorer. Like the pop-up said, it's also based on traits, as some traits will increase the chance of you rising in class (I don't know which ones, but I'd guess it'd be like Ambitious, Workaholic or Snob) and other would decrease it (again, not sure which ones, but likely Slob or Couch Potato).
  • CravenLestatCravenLestat Posts: 13,735 Member
    edited July 2015
    This is odd @Simsgal2227 my descendents too are weird in mine.My Sim is a redheaded super pasty pale sim.All my descendents are very very dark like literally slider to the darkest it can get.Apparently my sim has world adventures 2 where he went to Africa and got freaky with it.Wish that was a real expansion though. :) But it did shock me that my glow in the dark nightlight sim had those.But really enjoying this playthrough of Oasis landing though, am playing a fun papparazzi kind of game along the way taking screenies of pretty sims I see in places trying to get cool shots.So far have 3 really good ones. o:)
    I Play Sims 3 On A Potato

DfydFiZ.gif
  • ScrapdashScrapdash Posts: 1,233 Member
    I'm having a hard time figuring out the descendants too. I loaded up a family in Lunar Lakes, they had a couple of descendants with their last name Goode and looked a bit similar.
    Then they had a baby daughter. When I checked the almanac again, new descendants had appeared. This time with the name Couture and they were a deep GREEN. LOL. Have no idea what's going on there as the Couture family do indeed live in Lunar and they are green, but no relation to my family. Perhaps this baby girl is supposed to grow up and marry into that family, but at only 2 days old that's a bit premature surely!
  • SimiLovaSimiLova Posts: 1,123 Member
    Yea, I think they said for ITF that anything you have happen to your sims in the present changes/affects the outcome on your descendants. So if they have like a medium sized house and I guess at just a level 4 or 5 in their careers they'll be considered working class and so forth. Cause I know when I had just a single sim living in a small house in Isla Paradiso and had her go to the future and check things out. She had tons of relatives that were a light brown complexion and all brunettes(even though I think she was a red head with green eyes), and they all lived in this two house sorta situation, but were dubbed poor. So it was kind of funny and strange.

As for getting your descendants to look anything LIKE your sim in the future I have no clue. Cause I think even with the mod I have to keep out the strange hair and eye color genes, has no bearing on how ITF defines what descendants will look like. But I know for sure in my game if I have a supernatural in my present day household, for darn sure once they get to the future ALL of their descendants end up 100% human! Even with alien sims. I mean you think that at least some of them would keep the green skin or something to some degree. But nada!