Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

A partial fix for the bartender glitch

I was playing an older save after I patched my game in December and did not see the bartender glitch. Since I now play only one day a week (or less) I finally started a new game and presto! the bartender glitch appeared. I couldn't even get my Sim to tend bar even after replacing the bar and resetting it. So I started yet another new game and checked the lot type in Manage Worlds right after starting the new game. The bar in Oasis Springs has a NightClub designation. I changed it to a Bar designation which caused me to have to add a TV (I also started another game and tried it as a lounge, which required two love seats to be added to the lot; the results were the same). Then I sent my new Sim to the bar and still couldn't order a drink. But my Sim could now tend the bar and serve drinks so all of the thirsty Sims went "Yay" and bellied up to the bar and started guzzling drinks like they hadn't had one since, well, December??

EA/Maxis has not fixed the bartender glitch in what, six weeks now?? Which leads me to ask:
Does EA/Maxis:
A. Have bad programmers who can't find a job programming anywhere else because they program so badly
B. Pay so much below industry standard wages for programmers that they only get rejects
C. Have no clue how to manage programmers and prioritize projects/bug-glitch fixes so that bugs and glitches go months without being addressed
D. All of the above

Just sayin'. :o
Maxis/EA, get a clue. A large number of people like family play not swinging singles stuff.
Update: I finally fixed all of my frustrations with TS4...I uninstalled it! :#

Comments

• bshag4lvbshag4lv Posts: 9,377 Member
    I have that stinking glitch too and wish to heaven they would PLEASE fix it!
    In my house, dog hair sticks to everything but the dog.
  • kremesch73kremesch73 Posts: 10,474 Member
    I was playing an older save after I patched my game in December and did not see the bartender glitch. Since I now play only one day a week (or less) I finally started a new game and presto! the bartender glitch appeared. I couldn't even get my Sim to tend bar even after replacing the bar and resetting it. So I started yet another new game and checked the lot type in Manage Worlds right after starting the new game. The bar in Oasis Springs has a NightClub designation. I changed it to a Bar designation which caused me to have to add a TV (I also started another game and tried it as a lounge, which required two love seats to be added to the lot; the results were the same). Then I sent my new Sim to the bar and still couldn't order a drink. But my Sim could now tend the bar and serve drinks so all of the thirsty Sims went "Yay" and bellied up to the bar and started guzzling drinks like they hadn't had one since, well, December??

EA/Maxis has not fixed the bartender glitch in what, six weeks now?? Which leads me to ask:
    Does EA/Maxis:
    A. Have bad programmers who can't find a job programming anywhere else because they program so badly
    B. Pay so much below industry standard wages for programmers that they only get rejects
    C. Have no clue how to manage programmers and prioritize projects/bug-glitch fixes so that bugs and glitches go months without being addressed
    D. All of the above

This glitch completely stopped me from playing. I'm back to playing an exhausted S2 now. Thanks, EA-negligence.

I'll go with answer D.

I'm glad I talked my nephew out of going to EA and to MS instead. Sure, he's working on Bing *cough* laughs *cough*, but at least it's more promising than what EA can pump out these days.
    Dissatisfied with Sims 4 and hoping for a better Sims 5
  • DeKayDeKay Posts: 81,595 Member

Does EA/Maxis:
    D. All of the above

Actually, you didn't have to change it to bar designation or whatever. I just sent my sim to tend the bar and it seemed to work regardless of the lot type.
    My Top Song of the Day: Innocence by Avril Lavigne
    832XG3D.gif
  • horseman1952ahorseman1952a Posts: 131 Member
    DeKay wrote: »
    Actually, you didn't have to change it to bar designation or whatever. I just sent my sim to tend the bar and it seemed to work regardless of the lot type.
    Oh, my bad! I should have just tested like you did, going there without changing the designation and seeing if that worked, also. Thanks for clearing that up. BTW again I didn't test this without changing the designation but I sent my Sims on a date to the lounge in Oasis Springs and while they were doing all the things to 'get a medal' on their date (the reward was actually kinda nice) I noticed that the bartender worked in stops and starts. A bunch of Sims would come up and order drinks and wave their hands in frustration and walk off. Then later they or maybe other Sims came back and this time he actually made a round of drinks before going comatose again. The pattern repeated several times. My Sims took the maximum time to complete all of the challenges and so I had time to observe the pattern (nearly 4 hours of in game time).
    Maxis/EA, get a clue. A large number of people like family play not swinging singles stuff.
  • kimmyfrmtxkimmyfrmtx Posts: 140 Member
    there is a fix on MTS now for this problem http://www.modthesims.info/download.php?t=547478
    The sims 4: I give up.
    Maxis and EA have killed the sims. RIP
  • horseman1952ahorseman1952a Posts: 131 Member
    kimmyfrmtx wrote: »
    there is a fix on MTS now for this problem http://www.modthesims.info/download.php?t=547478
    Thanks so much for the link!! When I played TS3 I used I think about 5 of the NRAAS mods so that my game would run so much more smoothly and more stably. Last time I looked I think that I am already using more than 8 mods for TS4, not to mention CC like rugs, recolors for beds, siding, etc. I do like the multitasking in TS4 and the way that the Sims socialize more than in TS3 but that's about it. The loading screens just, meh, ruin it. The lack of story progression, one active lot, family trees, toddlers, and so on and on. So very disappointing.
  • ModerateOspreyModerateOsprey Posts: 4,875 Member

Thank you so much for the heads up :)

I have still kept playing, but this particular bug has really been grinding my teeth as it is a central mechanic in the game and to have left it unfixed for so long is inexcusable. The fact that it was introduced just in time to mess up our Sims Christmas parties was, well..insert your own words..
    Awake.
    Shake dreams from your hair
    My pretty child, my sweet one.
    Choose the day and choose the sign of your day
    The day's divinity....
    The Ghost Song - Jim Morrison
  • LarryadLarryad Posts: 336 Member
    Yeah... this really takes the cake. A modder can fix the problem but EA can't be bothered.
  • ArchieonicArchieonic Posts: 1,040 Member
    edited February 2015
    Larryad wrote: »
    Yeah... this really takes the cake. A modder can fix the problem but EA can't be bothered.
    Sounds like The Sims 3 all over again.
    Thanks for the link.

However this is really unnerving. It seems like the same thing that happened with The Sims 3 is going to happen here again, leaving it up to modders to fix things instead of innovate/tweak/create. If on the base game which is fairly light weight specially this one, a bug such as the bartender one can't be fixed for over a month now given the impact it has in-game, I fear for whatever bugs/glitches come in the future when more GPs and EPs come out.
  • blewis823blewis823 Posts: 9,046 Member
    I got the mod in my game and it works after I reset the bar. Still have the roaming bartender and have to wait until they wander back to the bar for drinks. The bartenders are my played sims so one wouldn't tend bar until her husband came in to kiss her first. *facepalm* That's what I get for giving my active household a bar. LOL!

Oh, just remember...I got the "More Autonomous Interactions" mod too, might be why my sims have to kiss the hubby and other funky things I noticed too. Oh well, I like interactions without my input. :D
    Nothing to see. I don't even care about the forums.
  • horrorfan1980shorrorfan1980s Posts: 2,900 Member
    edited February 2015
    Just once, I would like a major glitch to fixed by the people paid to work on the game.

Anyways, wonderful modders, thanks for the fix.

Edit: They actually did do it. Nice work, Maxis.
    Post edited by horrorfan1980s on
    can you make sword in box light sword so sword come out when opened? then if sword is back after sword, use light saber on box, and saber will boxed after sword is out.
    HollowVoid wrote: »
    Larryad wrote: »
    Sounds like The Sims 3 all over again.
    Thanks for the link.

However this is really unnerving. It seems like the same thing that happened with The Sims 3 is going to happen here again, leaving it up to modders to fix things instead of innovate/tweak/create. If on the base game which is fairly light weight specially this one, a bug such as the bartender one can't be fixed for over a month now given the impact it has in-game, I fear for whatever bugs/glitches come in the future when more GPs and EPs come out.

Yep. It's not going to be pretty, is it?
    can you make sword in box light sword so sword come out when opened? then if sword is back after sword, use light saber on box, and saber will boxed after sword is out.
  • MsPhyMsPhy Posts: 5,055 Member
    @Shimrod101 saves the day again.
  • BadmagicBadmagic Posts: 1,610 Member
    Here we go again, I don't have a problem using mods or CC but, I wish it was optional rather than mandatory. Thanks for the link @Kimmyfrmtx
    MsPhy wrote: »
    @Shimrod101 saves the day again.

I'm starting to realise that Shimrod is becoming the Nraas/Twallan of Sims 4.
  • Lazarus_B4RLazarus_B4R Posts: 1,827 Member
    I know I, and I'm sure several players have mentioned the *Bar Bug* in many threads on this forum..I have not seen anyone from EA even acknowledge the problem once. Sure does look like business as usual, EA breaks it, ignores it and once again the modding community fixes it.
  • luthienrisingluthienrising Posts: 37,628 Member
    Covered in today's patch notes, along with the Rattlesnake Bar routing: http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/813201/february-3-patch-notes#latest. I don't see a mention of kids in bars, though.
    EA CREATOR NETWORK MEMBER — Want to be notified of patches, new Broken Mods threads, and urgent Sims 4 news? Follow me at https://www.patreon.com/luthienrising.
  • Sigzy05Sigzy05 Posts: 19,406 Member
    Covered in today's patch notes, along with the Rattlesnake Bar routing: http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/813201/february-3-patch-notes#latest. I don't see a mention of kids in bars, though.

They don't mention kids, but the bartenders are fixed!
    mHdgPlU.jpg?1