Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

More File Questions

February11February11 Posts: 12,656 Member
edited January 2015 in PC - Technical Discussions
Right, my notify.glob has miraculously changed itself from a little "note" icon to a Google Chrome icon. I have removed it replayed and it regenerates as a Google Chrome icon again - mystery, what is it anyway, and should this be a problem? It doesn't look to be, but I'd prefer the original icon.

I have an onlinethumbnailcache which seems to have appeared out of nowhere. There is a thumbnail of a dress in there which appeared this week. I have deleted it, and nothing odd has happened - I have never seen this file in Crinricts file explanation list, so where has it come from?

Also can we safely delete contents of lotcacheddata? I keep reading conflicting posts by sometimes some people who think they are being helpful, but don't really know for sure themselves - no offence intended, but I have followed advice before only to run into problems and am reluctant to do it again.
MLgj4Vx.png

Comments

• Options
    luthienrisingluthienrising Posts: 37,628 Member
    edited January 2015
    February11 wrote: »
    Right, my notify.glob has miraculously changed itself from a little "note" icon to a Google Chrome icon. I have removed it replayed and it regenerates as a Google Chrome icon again - mystery, what is it anyway, and should this be a problem? It doesn't look to be, but I'd prefer the original icon.

I have an onlinethumbnailcache which seems to have appeared out of nowhere. There is a thumbnail of a dress in there which appeared this week. I have deleted it, and nothing odd has happened - I have never seen this file in Crinricts file explanation list, so where has it come from?

Also can we safely delete contents of lotcacheddata? I keep reading conflicting posts by sometimes some people who think they are being helpful, but don't really know for sure themselves - no offence intended, but I have followed advice before only to run into problems and am reluctant to do it again.

Yes, you can safely delete lotcachedata. It will regenerate. The only things that won't regenerate on their own are Saves (not including the subfolder), Tray, Custom Music, Screenshots, Mods, and the non-default game options settings recorded in the Options.ini file.

Some of the other advice goes back to September before people had played around with the files and folders as much.
    EA CREATOR NETWORK MEMBER — Want to be notified of patches, new Broken Mods threads, and urgent Sims 4 news? Follow me at https://www.patreon.com/luthienrising.
  • Options
    edited January 2015
    Thanks luthienrising. No idea about the glob file?
    Post edited by February11 on
    MLgj4Vx.png
  • Options
    luthienrisingluthienrising Posts: 37,628 Member
    Silly Windows stuff? I wouldn't worry about it.
    EA CREATOR NETWORK MEMBER — Want to be notified of patches, new Broken Mods threads, and urgent Sims 4 news? Follow me at https://www.patreon.com/luthienrising.
  • Options
    Silly Windows stuff? I wouldn't worry about it.

:D Lovely reply hahahaha! Funnily enough I copied my files to my other laptop today, and although I sent it with the Chrome icon, the normal icon appeared on that laptop, so I don't know why it changed its appearance on the other one. Anyhoo, while its working, I shan't complain.
    MLgj4Vx.png
  • Options
    colton147colton147 Posts: 9,663 Member
    edited January 2015
    Google is watching. They are always watching.

>:)

All hail Google!
    5003815+_b2b5f897e53477ea7f45906ab70ac75d.jpg

EDIT: Sorry. I just had too. It was too tempting. :)
  • Options
    That's okay, make yourself at home; and you are probably right, they are always watching - time to go incognito!
    MLgj4Vx.png