Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

NEED HELP ASAP, SIMS 3 KEEPS CRASHING!!!!

Hello,

I have been playing sims for a while now, I am able to play for a few minutes around 10 if i'm lucky and then one of 2 things happens. It either just freezes and im forced to restart, goes to a black or some form of coloured screen and i can hear this sound in the background i'm not sure how to describe it but i can tell something has gone wrong. I have not downloaded anything recently and i have like 3 expansion pack and no CC. Thank you to anyone who took the time to read this!

Comments

• bluzkat65bluzkat65 Posts: 483 Member
    I'm having a similar issue. I'm being paranoid I know, but I'm beginning to think they are purposely screwing with Sims 3 to force us into Sims 4. LOL
  • Sims3lover52Sims3lover52 Posts: 54 New Member
    Same thing here are some tips
    Turn down graphics
    Reset the sims
    Calm down
    Contact EA
    HOPE THIS HELPED!
  • Lilly_CatLilly_Cat Posts: 13 New Member
    > @Sims3lover52 said:
    > Same thing here are some tips
    > Turn down graphics
    > Reset the sims
    > Calm down
    > Contact EA
    > HOPE THIS HELPED!

Thanks for the advice!
    > @bluzkat65 said:
    > I'm having a similar issue. I'm being paranoid I know, but I'm beginning to think they are purposely screwing with Sims 3 to force us into Sims 4. LOL

LOLOL omg i was thinking the exact same thing. But i actually saw the gameplay on youtube the setup of the town for ts4 is a lot like the sims 2. It seems as though there aren't any other playable townsfolk like in the sims 3 i could be wrong though. I just like the sims 3 better haha
  • Sims3lover52Sims3lover52 Posts: 54 New Member
    Lol
  • ShannenShannen Posts: 2,811 Member
    I would advise you to try clearing out your cache, this should be done often and can help with crashes.

Go to Documents/Electronic Arts/Sims 3 and delete the following files:

compositorCache.package - scriptCache.package - simCompositorCache.package - CASPartCache.package

When you load your game these files will refresh back into your files so don't worry about ruining your game. If still worried..copy and paste to the desktop then delete them after you have rebooted the game back up.
    > @Shannen said:
    > I would advise you to try clearing out your cache, this should be done often and can help with crashes.
    >
    > Go to Documents/Electronic Arts/Sims 3 and delete the following files:
    >
    > compositorCache.package - scriptCache.package - simCompositorCache.package - CASPartCache.package
    >
    > When you load your game these files will refresh back into your files so don't worry about ruining your game. If still worried..copy and paste to the desktop then delete them after you have rebooted the game back up.

Thank you a lot for your advice i will try it! :)
  • TadOlsonTadOlson Posts: 11,380 Member
    There's another reason why games can crash if you use disks to load the games.You need to flip the disk over and check for any abnormalities,cracks or scratches that can mean a damaged disk.That will require getting a new disk to replace the damaged one.
    44620367775_0442f830c1_n.jpg