Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Master Chef Aspiration Glitch

So I'm playing a sim and she has the master chef aspiration. She is level 3 in the culinary career and the aspiration needs you go be in level 8, yet it says she completed that point.

Comments

• Options
    MsPhyMsPhy Posts: 5,055 Member
    That happened to a Sim of mine who had the Public Enemy aspiration; she needed to at level 8 but was only at level 5 and it checked off. It was right after the patch that messed up changed the aspiration requirements. I assumed at the time it was a glitch because she was in the middle of the aspiration when they messed up changed the requirements. Is this a Sim you have not played recently?
  • Options
    SimCrazySimCrazy Posts: 9,908 Member
    MsPhy wrote: »
    That happened to a Sim of mine who had the Public Enemy aspiration; she needed to at level 8 but was only at level 5 and it checked off. It was right after the patch that messed up changed the aspiration requirements. I assumed at the time it was a glitch because she was in the middle of the aspiration when they messed up changed the requirements. Is this a Sim you have not played recently?

I've been playing her every day for the past 4 or 5 days, which is when I created her. Weird
  • Options
    OnendOnliYazzieOnendOnliYazzie Posts: 1,375 Member
    I'm so glad to have found this thread because I've had the same thing happen to me today twice. I made my family yesterday with the wife as the master chef aspiration and the husband the fabulously wealthy aspiration. Now the fabulously wealthy aspiration hasn't done anything but twice today when I played the master chef one did. First when she was still level 3 in cooking and on the second tier of the aspiration where it says "reach level 4" after I sent my sim to the library to meet up with a sim I was clicking around and noticed that level 4 was checked and while it bothered me at first because she was still level 3 I decided to ignore it because she was about to be promoted the next day when she went to work anyways and just let it go. Later on this evening when I played she reached the last and final tier of her aspiration and she has to reach level 8 so I sent her to the nightclub in willow creek to level up her mixology and again was clicking around and noticed once again that her reach level 8 was suddenly checked off when she's currently only level 5 or maybe 6 of the career. I don't know if maybe you sent your sims traveling and that's when you noticed it but I just wanted to point that out because I find it really strange and a little annoying because it feels like I'm cheating when I'm not. If this is a bug or glitch I really hope it gets fixed soon especially if I decide to play the master chef career again.
    I love to share my sims stories and hear about others. Got a story you want to share come talk to me!
  • Options
    KissMePixieKissMePixie Posts: 6 New Member
    Same here, started a new aspiration as master chef and had it completed within a few days! Takes the sport out of it a little haha!
  • Options
    JoxerTM22JoxerTM22 Posts: 5,323 Member
    I suggest keeping quiet about this glitch. It's not gamebreaking not antifun like others so if they're gonna fix it, hopefully it'll be the last on the list.
  • Options
    kss4kss4 Posts: 3 New Member
    edited January 2015
    I am having a problem with the last two careers I tried and aspiration glitches! They have no check marks and when I do them, it still doesn't count! No mods, yes; right career and emotions etc........... The body builder and music career are the two I tried, but the one I picked when I started I did complete! That was also before the update though, so I don't know if it was the update that caused this or not! :(

Okay, the check mark still did not show up! But I went back in and tried it with the violin instead of the guitar and it completed, so maybe some of these glitches just have to be worked through by trying different items even though it says to use any item! :)
  • Options
    luthienrisingluthienrising Posts: 37,628 Member
    JoxerTM22 wrote: »
    I suggest keeping quiet about this glitch. It's not gamebreaking not antifun like others so if they're gonna fix it, hopefully it'll be the last on the list.
    It's anti-fun for people who are storytelling with their Sims and don't actually want everything to be easy-peasy.
    EA CREATOR NETWORK MEMBER — Want to be notified of patches, new Broken Mods threads, and urgent Sims 4 news? Follow me at https://www.patreon.com/luthienrising.
  • Options
    MsPhyMsPhy Posts: 5,055 Member
    It's anti-fun for people who are storytelling with their Sims and don't actually want everything to be easy-peasy.

This.
  • Options
    OnendOnliYazzieOnendOnliYazzie Posts: 1,375 Member

I dont want to keep quiet about this because I want it fixed. I don't like that it just autocompletes like that doesn't give my sims much of a challenge or even anything to work hard and then whats the point if the lifetime wish is just going to complete itself without her even trying!?
    I love to share my sims stories and hear about others. Got a story you want to share come talk to me!
  • Options
    Spacey72659Spacey72659 Posts: 1,479 Member
    Just found this thread - having the same issue right now.
    I made sure my sim completed the first level before he became and adult b/c the second level, one of the goals is become and adult, so I didn't want to get stuck - when he hit he second level it was automatically checked -- so I figured a young adult counted too. Now suddenly I saw he was on the third level and he's got "reach level 8" checked and he's only at level 2. :/
    Not gonna complain I guess but it's one of the few times I'm actively trying to hit the aspirations so....
  • Options
    cherparcherpar Posts: 2,092 Member
    During my legacy, for both culinary and criminal, which was granted now was a few patches ago, the requirement to reach level 8 completed early. It's hard to keep track of these things because a patch can sometimes change things, even If not specifically identified as fixed. For me, I dont think it was level 3 it completed on and seemed different levels for both careers. So a bit unclear really on what triggers it.