Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Anyone having trouble with getting simspoints from the ads?

167891012...Next

Comments

• Pugslover4Pugslover4 Posts: 2,849 Member
    Or the ads that re-routing to another page. Not sure if that is a glitch or what.
    9cac0e69-be99-4238-b1c8-e9ef2f5d7718_zps38d42068.jpg
    I owned the store! Yahoo!
  • CoolBlueJay902CoolBlueJay902 Posts: 491 Member
    I encountered an video that is private, and I didn't get my Simpoints. And that was a while ago.
  • 60smusicluvr60smusicluvr Posts: 1,982 Member
    edited March 2015
    8368c6bc-9b07-43af-9e57-53b05c90bd7d_zps5wcc3qpo.png

I waited it out and got the points. It didn't take very long...Maybe a minute or two. 5 at most.
  • NevillsNevills Posts: 505 Member
    I was gone all last week and was hoping the ads would be back this week, but it doesn't seem like it. I have yet to see one.
    I'm a WoW playing, Doctor Who watching, Harry Potter reading, fan fiction writing simmer who is without a doubt a geek (and sometimes a super hero).

My wishlist
  • SiskaNewbieSiskaNewbie Posts: 88 Member
    edited March 2015
    Ads have been working pretty well for me the last 3 days. Not as flawlessly as it did at the end of February. But good enough. I've been been able to get a few hundred point in a day without having to scour the whole store for the clicker. If it's not on the first page it's usually on the second or third.
    Schweighsr wrote: »
    I've gotten a few broken ads recently - the kind that *DON'T* payout if you wait. Has anyone gotten a "This video is private" message? That seems really strange.
    I've gotten a few "private" ads. I still get the Simpoints if I wait, so don't bother me. I have also gotten one ad that hijacked my browser and redirected me to their website. Which is not something I hope to see again.

• soocoolsimsoocoolsim Posts: 6,261 Member
    Wow, lots of ads today - at least for Canadians. They seem to be paying out today - 5 points per ad :D
  • Pugslover4Pugslover4 Posts: 2,849 Member
    I been having lots of ads all day, and can't quit either. @soocoolsim and plus I bought more simpoints today from a card. :)
    9cac0e69-be99-4238-b1c8-e9ef2f5d7718_zps38d42068.jpg
    I owned the store! Yahoo!
  • JessicaSidewaysJessicaSideways Posts: 46 Member
    They are working for me today as well. :)
  • KarritzKarritz Posts: 21,918 Member
    I've got a lot that are blank and stay blank no matter how long I wait. I've had very few paying ads over the past few days.

The blank ones are black. It's as if the don't load properly.
  • lanlynlanlyn Posts: 5,010 Member
    I had some black screen ads. I clicked once in the middle and they started up. Usually they were the Domino's ads.
  • despina53despina53 Posts: 1,654 Member
    I've, also, had some black ads. After clicking once in the middle, it opens a new window with a full-page"Tampax" ad. I just close the new page; I'm back on the store page and the ad is running in the small box :)
    Call me Dee :p
    Proud member of the "Own The Store Club"
  • lanlynlanlyn Posts: 5,010 Member
    despina53 wrote: »
    I've, also, had some black ads. After clicking once in the middle, it opens a new window with a full-page"Tampax" ad. I just close the new page; I'm back on the store page and the ad is running in the small box :)
    LOL, I didn't get any pop-ups with mine. Maybe they were different kinds.
  • SimGuruBChickSimGuruBChick Posts: 1,013 SimGuru (retired)
    If you are seeing blank or black ads, try clicking once in the middle, or the Play button if you see one and the ads should start playing. Let me know if this works.
    SimGuruBChick
    Infinite Diversity, Infinite Combinations
    Thanks to 06bon06 for my lovely new signature pic

p8sfgs0mgkwd.jpg
  • jjames041jjames041 Posts: 65 Member
    yes it works
  • LadyGreenEyesLadyGreenEyes Posts: 928 Member
    UPDATE: The team has disabled this function completely while they investigate. Sorry about this. Don't know when we will have a fix in place but we are working on it.
    So, the ads came back, but now most of them are redirecting to another site, and thus giving no points. This is with browser setting set to block redirects, too. There is even a thread on the specific issue here - forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/820453/simpoint-ads-redirecting-to-another-site#latest. I have listed details on what I have seen of this.

Besides that issue, some of the other ads don't play at all. You get a blue box, and it never loads, never completes, and never gives points. The only ones I have seen with no issues are some for apartments.com and some for a medical center. The UVidi are the worst, redirecting, and I have no idea which ones never load. Hopefully, this can be fixed soon, so we can get good ads. Five Star ads were awesome - no issues, and readily available!

• JennaDaCapoJennaDaCapo Posts: 190 Member
    edited April 2015
    It seems that when I sign out of the Sims 3 store, the ads are available. When I sign back in, they are nowhere to be seen. This is very weird.

Edit: Do the ads disappear when I sign on because of some invisible counter? Is there a limit or something? Very, very odd.
  • Elf67Elf67 Posts: 1,198 Member
    The redirect ads don't give any points and those are the ones I keep getting.
  • NevillsNevills Posts: 505 Member
    I can only get ads on my computer at work and never on my computers at home. I can't figure out why. I don't have any ad blockers, so I'm a bit confused.
    I'm a WoW playing, Doctor Who watching, Harry Potter reading, fan fiction writing simmer who is without a doubt a geek (and sometimes a super hero).

My wishlist
  • ehl451ehl451 Posts: 38 Member
    Elf: The redirect ads don't give any points and those are the ones I keep getting.

If you are talking about an 8x8 inch blue box ad in which a white box pops up, try closing just the white box and wait about 60 sec.
  • LaracroftEyes1LaracroftEyes1 Posts: 296 Member
    Sorry to bump the thread I'm not getting in Simpoints watching the bonus videos on Sims 3 store it been like that for a week what gives?
    d10f10cfadd5b2e97043ba6ec57f8ced.jpg