Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Superpatch???

Hi there please can someone help me.
I have installed sims 3 on my mac book pro which is about 6 months old. I could not seem to update the game properly through launcher so found out about super patch and have downloaded the appropriate patch for my base game did clean uninstall of world adventures, ambitions and then base game through Bluebellflora's tutorial. now have installed sims3 base game only and am trying to install patch but am getting this msg "You cannot apply this patch on this version of the application". I'm not sure now how to update my game before installing my EP's. I have no cc. I would love to play my game but am now clueless how to update! Help!

Comments

• Tremayne4260Tremayne4260 Posts: 3,126 Member
    Make sure you have a fast internet connection as the Super Patch is a very large file. It could be that the patch itself wasn't fully downloaded. Also double check and make sure that all of those residual files are gone just to be safe.
    Second Star to the Right and Straight on 'til Morning.
  • BluebellFloraBluebellFlora Posts: 7,110 Member
    Also, are you downloading the relevant patch to your game? The right region/DVD or digital?
    apple-signature.png
  • blondescoutblondescout Posts: 11 New Member
    Thanks for the reply yes got the right region it was a dvd but this morning I have downloaded a copy from origin. yes have got rid of all residual files and yes it does take a long time to down load patch and it did seem to stall a bit right at the end. so I'm going to give the patch another go and see if I have some success. thanks for your help
    Also did try to patch digital copy before I trashed super patch and got the same msg. Ill try to download patch again :#
    game is currently 1.42.130.019017
    Ok I have done it, downloaded patch for digital and correct region and it has taken ages!!! I crossed fingers and toes but I am still getting the same msg."You cannot apply this patch on this version of the application". Arrhhhh!!!! :s
    It really is one of two things - the wrong patch or residual files. That error message is very common in people with cracked games. I suspect you still have files left over. Maybe there are files and folders installed somewhere else relating to the original copy you had? Google the problem and you'll find a ton of people with the same issue, all who had the game illegitimately in the first place.
    apple-signature.png
    Thanks for your reply, really appreciate it. not sure what a cracked game is?? The disk version of the game I first installed was one I bought when it first came out and now the download from origin. I've followed the instructions for the patch for both and know they were different but am sure I have done it correctly, I'll take your advise and google tho. is it safe to try to download update from the launcher???
    Sorry, getting you muddled up with another poster - I thought you had acquired the game previously through "illegitimate" means....

If I was you, I would completely uninstall again, including Origin, making sure you get rid of all residual files. Then open Disk Utility and Repair Permissions. Then redownload and reinstall Origin, then redownload and reinstall the base game, then apply the super patch, then redownload and reinstall your EPs and SPs.
    apple-signature.png
    OMG! here we go again. Now I remember why I get the 🐸🐸🐸🐸 with the sims. Fingers crossed please o:)
    It's Worked!!!!!! Now to the ep's & sp's woo hoo Thanks for the help
    Fab :)
    apple-signature.png
    Glad we could help! Enjoy! :D
    Hey thanks again, while I gotcha, is any cc safe to download or is it best to stay away. My guilty pleasure is makeup, hair and eyebrows. Is it content downloaded from lots of different sources the reason why things go wrong, that they don't all work together? Should you stick with the one or two creators for all your downloads or does it make no difference ? Just trying to get it :\
    I stay well away from any CC. And I've never had any major issues with my game. However plenty of people do use CC without any problems, hopefully someone else will answer :)
    apple-signature.png
    Sims 3 store stuff is great and that is the majority of CC in my game. However, never, ever download from TSR. Their CC will break your game. I do download from MTS. Mostly houses.
    Thanks for your input :D If anyone else has any thoughts that would be great ;)