Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

My Sim Won't Sleep

My sims won't sleep in her bed, and I have tried all logical options. I have tried saving and quitting, repurchasing the bed, moving it, and reseting my sim! What can I do to fix this?

Comments

• Options
    duhboy2u2duhboy2u2 Posts: 3,290 Member
    This could possibly be like the won't cook food from the fridge bug thing. Try repairing your game with the origin launcher. Just right click on the game in your library and choose repair. it workded for the fridge, hopefully it'll work for the bed too.
    Loving yourself is the most simple and complicated thing you can do for you.
  • Options
    SarBear6802SarBear6802 Posts: 2 New Member
    edited February 2015
    That's only a temporary fix, sims won't sleep again! I tried to reset everything too!
    Post edited by SarBear6802 on
  • Options
    AbellaKellaherAbellaKellaher Posts: 852 Member
    Does she just refuse to get into bed? Or does she get into bed but only for a short while? I had a butler's room and eventually my butlers would quit from exhaustion. I couldn't figure out why they wouldn't stay in bed. Turns out, one of the pictures I had placed in their room (gotten in the mail from someone) was haunted so-to-speak and would turn from the very pretty face of a nice young lady to a haggard specter at night. Once I removed the picture (replaced with a scenery painting) the issue stopped
  • Options
    phoebebebe13phoebebebe13 Posts: 19,400 Member
    That's only a temporary fix, sims won't sleep again! I tried to reset everything too!

In your documents sims 4 folder , delete cashe package folder and localthumbcashe package file. The game will generate new ones. This might help your bugs
  • Options
    drake_mccartydrake_mccarty Posts: 6,115 Member
    I'm also experiencing something along the lines of this.

When I direct my sims to interact with the bed in any way whether it be sleep, or woohoo they reset and the action is never completed. The weird thing is that this only happens to 2 sims from one household. The other sims in the household interact with beds just fine, and so do all of my other households. I have tried moving the bed, repurchasing the bed, and even having them use another bed, but these two sims reset whenever I try to interact with any bed.
  • Options
    rosemowrosemow Posts: 163,596 Member
    Hello @drake_mccarty .
    Sometimes having a large amount of items in the sims inventories and household inventory can cause issues. Perhaps remove some or all of the items from the inventories of these sims and see if that helps.

Also, repairing the game may help. To do that, right click on the sims 4 picture in Origin and click repair.
    Also, deleting the localthumbcache.package that is in your Documents-Electronic Arts-Sims 4 folder may help.
  • Options
    drake_mccartydrake_mccarty Posts: 6,115 Member
    edited May 2015
    You know what I never thought to check that, one of the affected sims does have a lot of harvested plants. I'll see if removing those solves my issue.

Yep that solved the sleeping problem, but now I'm encountering a similar issue with any sim eating food. They reset and the plate ends up on the floor. Maybe clearing out the fridge will help with that.

Nada. Well guess my sims are gonna have to starve.
  • Options
    WiserThanYouWiserThanYou Posts: 1 New Member
    I'm having an issue with my sim. Whenever she needs to get into to bed she acts like there's something blocking her way when there is nothing there. She flails her arms up and a speech bubble appears with a picture of the bed inside it. Her husband sleeps in there but only he can sleep in it. I retried this with her husband. I let the wife sleep in the bed and she did it with no worries at all. I then order him to sleep there and he does the same thing that she did - flails his arms up while a speech bubble appears.

I've tried everything I can think of and I'm still having issues. Help??
  • Options
    edited November 2015
    I'm having an issue with my sim. Whenever she needs to get into to bed she acts like there's something blocking her way when there is nothing there. She flails her arms up and a speech bubble appears with a picture of the bed inside it. Her husband sleeps in there but only he can sleep in it. I retried this with her husband. I let the wife sleep in the bed and she did it with no worries at all. I then order him to sleep there and he does the same thing that she did - flails his arms up while a speech bubble appears.

I've tried everything I can think of and I'm still having issues. Help??

Hello @WiserThanYou .

Remove any cc/mods that you have in your game and see if that helps. They could be causing the issue.

If the issue continues after that, try selling the bed and buying another one and see if that helps the issue.
    Also, after selling and buying the bed, dont use the " claim bed" option on it.

If you still have problems, repairing the game may help. To do that, right click on the sims 4 picture in Origin and click repair.

Try resetting your sims 4 folder and see if that helps. To do that, move your sims 4 folder ( that is in Documents -Electronic Arts - then the sims 4 folder is there ) to the desktop. Then start the game, and a new sims 4 folder will be generated. Exit the game and then add back the "options.ini" file and the "saves" , "screenshots" "tray" "custom music " and "mods" folders from the desktop sims 4 folder to the new sims 4 folder, replacing the new generated file/ folders with the old file/folders,
  • Options
    MarmyMarmy Posts: 6 New Member
    My sims won't eat or sleep at all. If I tell them to, they just reset. If they go to the bathroom, they just sit there and won't get up unless I tell them to go to another place in the house, then they jump up and reset. I have uninstalled and reinstalled, removed my saves, tray, mods, and options.ini, uninstalled and then reinstalled and moved those files back (minus the "scratch" file in "Saves"), removed all the cache files, repaired more than once and still have problems. I am so frustrated that I can't stand it. I will not play a vanilla game because the Maxis stuff stinks. Don't know what to do.
  • Options
    Marmy wrote: »
    My sims won't eat or sleep at all. If I tell them to, they just reset. If they go to the bathroom, they just sit there and won't get up unless I tell them to go to another place in the house, then they jump up and reset. I have uninstalled and reinstalled, removed my saves, tray, mods, and options.ini, uninstalled and then reinstalled and moved those files back (minus the "scratch" file in "Saves"), removed all the cache files, repaired more than once and still have problems. I am so frustrated that I can't stand it. I will not play a vanilla game because the Maxis stuff stinks. Don't know what to do.

Hello @Marmy I have posted a reply to you on the other thread before I saw that you had posted here.
    Try doing what I posted in the other thread.
    http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/comment/14490135/#Comment_14490135

Move your mods folder to the desktop. Then start the game and test to see if the issue is still there.

Also start a new save game file and test to see if the same things occur.
  • Options
    boostar715boostar715 Posts: 1 New Member
    Recently, this problem has been affecting me too. Awhile ago, my sims 4 game ran just fine with no problems, and I had much more cc then than I do now. My sims actions for certain things like sleeping, cooking, and woohooing etc are always cancelled. I have already reinstalled my game, repaired it, and deleted the localthumbcache and cache folder. If it does have anything to do with my new cc, how can I figure out which cc is bad or not so I don't have to delete everything? Solutions? :|
  • Options
    boostar715 wrote: »
    Recently, this problem has been affecting me too. Awhile ago, my sims 4 game ran just fine with no problems, and I had much more cc then than I do now. My sims actions for certain things like sleeping, cooking, and woohooing etc are always cancelled. I have already reinstalled my game, repaired it, and deleted the localthumbcache and cache folder. If it does have anything to do with my new cc, how can I figure out which cc is bad or not so I don't have to delete everything? Solutions? :|

Hello @boostar715 .
    Move your mods folder to the desktop. Then start the game and test to see if that helps the issues. If it does help, then put your mods/CC back into the newly generated mods folder one by one or in batches and testing after each one to see which is the cause of the problem. Put one item in , test it, take it out. Then test another one.

If you have a lot of mods/cc, use the 50/50 method. Put half of your mods/cc into the mods folder then start the game and see if the issue is still there. If the issue is not there, then you know that those items work okay with the game. Then you can test the other half of your cc/mods.
    If the issue is still there with the first half, you will need to keep testing them to see what is causing the problem. Then you will need to test the second half of your cc/mods too.

• Options
    MadfoMadfo Posts: 1 New Member
    Have you tried freeing the bed up? If it's blocked on either side your Sim won't be able to get into it
  • Options
    rosehrtgirlrosehrtgirl Posts: 252 Member
    Try removing all items from the affected sim's personal inventory. I had a sim once who could not read to her child, until I removed all items from her personal inventory. Turned out it was an upgrade part in her personal inventory causing the problem.
  • Options
    edited February 2016
    Try removing all items from the affected sim's personal inventory. I had a sim once who could not read to her child, until I removed all items from her personal inventory. Turned out it was an upgrade part in her personal inventory causing the problem.
    Hello.
    Thankyou for posting the helpful tip and for posting about your experience of the upgrade part in the inventory causing an issue in your game :)
  • Options
    OneUpOnTwoOneUpOnTwo Posts: 7 New Member
    Hello everyone I'd like to provide my findings with the same issue everyone has been having.

Like most of everyone that has had a problem, my sims was not sleeping at all since the last patch! It was extremely frustrating, tried everything in this thread and some others to try and fix it, in the end ONLY removing all mods and moving them all back in batches just to be sure which are okay and which aren't. (Btw thanks Rosemow)

In the end of about 200+ mods/ccs I found two mods that are not really working great with the new update.
    Those are;
    -No more automated computer interactions
    -No more automated "get drink" action.

Thanks hope this helps you all having the problem to narrow it down instead of go the long way around.
    Peace simmers.
  • Options
    OneUpOnTwo wrote: »
    Hello everyone I'd like to provide my findings with the same issue everyone has been having.

Like most of everyone that has had a problem, my sims was not sleeping at all since the last patch! It was extremely frustrating, tried everything in this thread and some others to try and fix it, in the end ONLY removing all mods and moving them all back in batches just to be sure which are okay and which aren't. (Btw thanks Rosemow)

In the end of about 200+ mods/ccs I found two mods that are not really working great with the new update.
    Those are;
    -No more automated computer interactions
    -No more automated "get drink" action.

Thanks hope this helps you all having the problem to narrow it down instead of go the long way around.
    Peace simmers.

Hello
    Thankyou for your helpfulness in posting the name of the mods that were causing the issues in your game. :) It will be very helpful for other simmers to know what the mods caused the problem for you.
    Thankyou :)
  • Options
    jessj03jessj03 Posts: 1 New Member
    Hi ,
    I have tried repairing my origin however it keeps saying download paused as you need to select yes to the pop up that says something about changing ur computer settings ( don't know exactly ) . However I am not getting that popup. I am having the same problem with the cooking food and sleep as my sim simply wont do it and now she is mega tired and starving!!!

Help please?? I would be very greatful :smile:
  • Options
    jessj03 wrote: »
    Hi ,
    I have tried repairing my origin however it keeps saying download paused as you need to select yes to the pop up that says something about changing ur computer settings ( don't know exactly ) . However I am not getting that popup. I am having the same problem with the cooking food and sleep as my sim simply wont do it and now she is mega tired and starving!!!

Help please?? I would be very greatful :smile:

Hello @jessj03
    Shut down your computer completely. Start the computer again, then log in to origin. Right click on the sims 4 picture and click " check for updates" . Then update the game if it needs to be updated.
    Then launch the game and see if the issues remain in the game.

If the issues are still there, come out of the game and try to repair the game.

Do you have cc/mods in your game? If you do, move your mods folder to the desktop. Then start the game and test to see if the issue is still there.

Try resetting your sims 4 folder and see if that helps. To do that, move your sims 4 folder ( that is in Documents -Electronic Arts - then the sims 4 folder is there ) to the desktop. Then start the game, and a new sims 4 folder will be generated. Exit the game and then add back the "options.ini" file and the "saves" , "screenshots" "tray" "custom music " and "mods" folders from the desktop sims 4 folder to the new sims 4 folder, replacing the new generated file/ folders with the old file/folders
  • Options
    sooozeeebeeesooozeeebeee Posts: 665 Member
    Will a sim have issues sleeping in the same bed with someone if their relationship has fallen? I know it was an issue in Sims3.
  • Options
    ktwhite19ktwhite19 Posts: 1 New Member
    Hi. My sims wont sleep. the bed doesn't even come up when you click on the sleep command. i've tried everything and it still isnt working.
    Can anyone help
    Thank you
  • Options
    ktwhite19 wrote: »
    Hi. My sims wont sleep. the bed doesn't even come up when you click on the sleep command. i've tried everything and it still isnt working.
    Can anyone help
    Thank you

Hello @ktwhite19 .
    If there are any radios or tv on, turn them off because that can cause issues.

Come out of the game completely. Then go back in again and see if that helps.

Do you have cc/mods in your game? If you do, move your mods folder to the desktop. Then start the game and test to see if the issue is still there.

Repairing the game may help. To do that, right click on the sims 4 picture in Origin and click repair.

Try resetting your sims 4 folder and see if that helps. To do that, move your sims 4 folder ( that is in Documents -Electronic Arts - then the sims 4 folder is there ) to the desktop. Then start the game, and a new sims 4 folder will be generated. Exit the game and then add back the "options.ini" file and the "saves" , "screenshots" "tray" "custom music " and "mods" folders from the desktop sims 4 folder to the new sims 4 folder, replacing the new generated file/ folders with the old file/folders.

Does it happen with all beds? Try selling the bed or beds and buying a new one and see if that helps.

Try testing with another household and see if the same issue occurs.
  • Options
    CoolcatlikesfatCoolcatlikesfat Posts: 4 New Member
    I would just like to thank you guys because I tried repairing my game and deleting the cache but just like OneUpOnTwo the conflicting mod was the one restricting autonomous computer usage! You guys saved me from going through literally hundreds of mods so thank you!

The exact file name of the mod if it helps anyone

Tanja1986_No autonomous Computer 1.1
  • Options
    I would just like to thank you guys because I tried repairing my game and deleting the cache but just like OneUpOnTwo the conflicting mod was the one restricting autonomous computer usage! You guys saved me from going through literally hundreds of mods so thank you!

The exact file name of the mod if it helps anyone

Tanja1986_No autonomous Computer 1.1

Hello @Coolcatlikesfat . I am giad that you were able to find the mod that was causing the issue in your game. It is very kind and thougtful of you to post the name of it, to help other simmers.