Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Question for Builders ...

BlackSandBlackSand Posts: 2,074 Member
I love to build and usually include everything in my builds including the ceiling finishing.
I also test my builds before uploading them and do so with different testers and different loads/lots.

Every once in a while I will end up with portions of the ceiling missing inside, and showing as decorated, but outside and adjacent to the room.
Does anyone else have this problem ... If so, does anyone know what causes the problem.

I mean it can be fixed in the build ... Requires a lot of reworking though.
I haven't identified anything in particular that causes it.

Thanks for any input you may have.

I eat pickles on my hamburgers ... MWWAHAHAHAHA

Comments

• MeaganJoMeaganJo Posts: 4,343 Member
    I call those fly away tiles, yes most everyone has this awful issue that can be a huge pain in the tush to fix at times. Unfortunately I have no clue what causes it, it usually happens the moment I decide to paint the ceilings, why I don't rightly know. I've never looked to see if anyone knows what causes these stinkers.
  • BlackSandBlackSand Posts: 2,074 Member
    Thanks @MeaganJo ...

I had never noticed it when building the lot, only after I went out and loaded testers into the lot.
    I thought maybe the lot reset and something didn't jive ... Like when "spray tiles" (landscaping stuff) gets out of the border.

It can be fixed, And I don't usually have a second problem with it.
    The best I can figure is it has something to do with "lot leveling" ... And I have less problems when I "flatten" the lot prior to building then build and landscape from there. It doesn't work every time but does in some cases.

• MeaganJoMeaganJo Posts: 4,343 Member
    Yes, I've also noticed when you have a foundation and your landscaping goes too high say you've used CFE it can cause issues also. (Ha as I was typing CFE for some odd reason I had the overwhelming feeling to duck bwahahaha I think I may have been simming too much lately if there is such a thing lol)
  • romagi1romagi1 Posts: 6,988 Member
    SimEve found a way to fix the missing ceiling tile that I use quite often. I works 99% of the time and is much easier than having to replace the floor above.

http://forum.thesims3.com/jforum/posts/list/352319.page;jsessionid=3569A65D86E4EB7469F76DE9D1B2C169.015051#4864164

• BlackSandBlackSand Posts: 2,074 Member
    romagi1 wrote: »
    SimEve found a way to fix the missing ceiling tile that I use quite often. I works 99% of the time and is much easier than having to replace the floor above.

http://forum.thesims3.com/jforum/posts/list/352319.page;jsessionid=3569A65D86E4EB7469F76DE9D1B2C169.015051#4864164

@‌romagil

Thanks for the link ... I am tired of replacing the floors above.
    I found a few tricks that work sometimes, but not always.

Thanks Again and Have A Lovely Evening!