Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Nomad Challenge - Requires Outdoor Retreat

Comments

• Sketch793Sketch793 Posts: 1,218 Member
    Violins are portable so using them is okay.
  • VanillaChaiVanillaChai Posts: 177 Member
    SimHead82 - You can buy items in buy mode before you finish your first collection, as long as they are portable. Like Sketch793 said, the violins can be put in your inventory, so you can use them. You can purchase them as well, even if you don't find them while fishing.
    Currently Playing - Generation One of the Bloom Legacy

Also, my sims had their first baby when they still hadn't completed a collection. Yes, the bassinet sat outside of the tent. If the baby cries while both parents are asleep in the tent, they both wake up and can't sleep until the baby quiets down.

• FloorRaisinFloorRaisin Posts: 1,340 Member
    This looks like a neat challenge. I just went through and liked all your posts to help your future picture-showing endeavors. :)
    The Wolff Legacy - whattheplum.wordpress.com - Latest update: Forward, Fast
    Thank you! I'm officially a member now :)

• FloorRaisinFloorRaisin Posts: 1,340 Member
    Woo! Congratulations! :)
    The Wolff Legacy - whattheplum.wordpress.com - Latest update: Forward, Fast
  • StormyDayzStormyDayz Posts: 4,035 Member
    I'm rushing through finishing my 100 baby challenge so I can start this one. I can't wait.
    I can't wait to see what you think! :)

• rinarooorinarooo Posts: 50 Member
    This one seems super hard, but I like a good challenge. I am currently doing 2 other legacy challenges so when I finish one of those I am gonna try this one! Thanks for the great idea VanillaChai :)
  • dougsbaby12dougsbaby12 Posts: 894 Member
    Love the challenge I bookmarked it and plan to start it sometime in the coming week.
    [img][/img]Untitled-3_zpselth0dwg.jpg
    YouTube Channel: Manda Sim Tales
    rinarooo wrote: »
    This one seems super hard, but I like a good challenge. I am currently doing 2 other legacy challenges so when I finish one of those I am gonna try this one! Thanks for the great idea VanillaChai :)

Thanks! I'm glad you like it.
    Love the challenge I bookmarked it and plan to start it sometime in the coming week.

I'm having a lot of fun with it so far. Let me know what you think if you do try it.

• captorablecaptorable Posts: 16 Member
    this challenge seems great! i might have to get my hands on this one. one question though: if we can only buy portable items at first, do we just have to let our sims pee themselves? not all neighbourhoods have public bathrooms around and my loading screens are pretty long so honestly, i refuse to travel every time someone has to use the bathroom.
    captorable wrote: »
    this challenge seems great! i might have to get my hands on this one. one question though: if we can only buy portable items at first, do we just have to let our sims pee themselves? not all neighbourhoods have public bathrooms around and my loading screens are pretty long so honestly, i refuse to travel every time someone has to use the bathroom.

The lot by the goths house has a restroom. I'm about to start and that's the lot I picked.
    captorable wrote: »

As @Rainydayz179‌ said, there are some lots with restrooms nearby. If you have issues with loading screen times and you've already moved into a lot that had no restrooms nearby, you can still move to another lot. I made the mistake myself of choosing a lot that had no restrooms. My sims were rarely there, though, because they were camped out in other lots, parks, etc. to collect as much as possible until they got their first completed collection. So, it is still do-able ... But my pregnant sim peed herself a few times. Poor gal.

I started my Nomad challenge yesterday. Here's the link to the thread that I'll be posting my blog updates: forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/814153/living-off-the-land-a-nomad-challege-story?new=1
    I checked it out and commented on your thread. How are you liking it so far?

I checked it out and commented on your thread. How are you liking it so far?

At first I was like omg I can't do this! All their needs were red and they had no simoleans. It got easier once I got a tent so they could sleep.
    Yeah... That tent is a lifesaver!

• BlueSimmer19BlueSimmer19 Posts: 71 Member
    This sounds like an awesome challenge, and sounds, well, challenging! I have yet to by Outdoor Retreat, but this has me really wanting to. Once I manage to get the pack I'll be sure to try out this challenge! Awesome idea!
    The Snodgrass Legacy
    [url="URL[/url]
    Coming Soon
    edited February 2015
    Small adaptation to rule 6 - see the first post for more info.

This sounds like an awesome challenge, and sounds, well, challenging! I have yet to by Outdoor Retreat, but this has me really wanting to. Once I manage to get the pack I'll be sure to try out this challenge! Awesome idea!

Outdoor Retreat is a great addition to the game. You can still do this challenge without it, but it would be much more difficult without any portable items. You could do it, but you'd be essentially homeless until you finish one collection... and would have to sleep on benches for a while. Either way, if you decide to try it, I'd love to hear your feedback.

Small adaptation to rule 6 - see the first post for more info.

Yay! I can't wait to get in game and count my plants. I looked up guides online to see where to find stuff and all some of them say is seed packets. It's very frustrating.
    All of the sudden my sims won't sleep in the tents. They go in there to sleep and then just come right back out. All 4 of them are doing it. Anybody else have this problem?
    All of the sudden my sims won't sleep in the tents. They go in there to sleep and then just come right back out. All 4 of them are doing it. Anybody else have this problem?

If it's the small tent, I think it only fits 2 Sims. You may have to get the larger tent, or air mattresses.

I ended up getting air mattresses. I have no idea why they wouldn't sleep. They all kept trying to go to the park bench nearby and sleep.