Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Game Time - tell us what you think

SimGuruBChickSimGuruBChick Posts: 1,013 SimGuru (retired)
edited January 2015 in The Sims 4 Game Feedback
This thread is for anyone who is playing The Sims 4 via Origin Game Time. We would love to hear from you. What you are enjoying, what you find difficult to work out, the joys and challenges of the game.

We look forward to hearing from you all!

UPDATE Monday 26th January: We are seeing a small number of people encountering two specific issues when trying to access The Sims 4 via Origin Game Time - the game asking for a product key, and the timer incorrectly stating that the clock has run down. The team is working to find the underlying issues and then find a fix. We are sorry for the inconvenience and will update this post once we know more.
SimGuruBChick
Infinite Diversity, Infinite Combinations
Thanks to 06bon06 for my lovely new signature pic

p8sfgs0mgkwd.jpg
Post edited by SimGuruBChick on

Comments

• Options
    JoshLuck95JoshLuck95 Posts: 10 New Member
    Hi, i downloaded the trial this morning but everytime i load it it asks for a product key. how can i get around that?
  • Options
    Jarsie9Jarsie9 Posts: 12,714 Member
    edited January 2015
    Fuzzyair wrote: »
    JoshLuck95 wrote: »
    Hi, i downloaded the trial this morning but everytime i load it it asks for a product key. how can i get around that?

@JoshLuck95 Not sure but maybe this might help you?

Erm...sorry, just a regular, not a game time player. Just an FYI, what you just did, linking to a pirate site, is against the forum rules. Leaving now.

ETA: Removed the link to the site which was in the quote.
    Post edited by Jarsie9 on
    EA Marketing Department Motto:
    "We Don't Care If You LIKE The Game, Just As Long As You BUY The Game!"
    B)
    I Disapprove (Naturally)
    I Took The Pledge!
  • Options
    Linds_the_kittyLinds_the_kitty Posts: 565 Member
    The only thing I have difficulties about The Sims 4, is the bugs and issues that are still not fixed.

I think that there should be more to CAS - more clothes, makeup, etc.

I enjoy the game, overall. :)
  • Options
    FuzzyairFuzzyair Posts: 229 Member
    Sorry :( I didn't know about that link, I just googled the problem and that was one of the pages I found. I have removed it now!
  • Options
    SimChic1SimChic1 Posts: 3,449 Member
    Okay, so the fact that the Sims 4 now has a 48 hour trial has got me considering downloading it because I have nothing to lose. I don't have to worry about losing $60. But, SimGuruBChick confirmed that the timer is continuous from the moment you launch the game, meaning you won't be able to play for an hour or two and stop and have 47 or 46 hours left. The timer will keep going. This is frustrating because what if I play for an hour and then become swamped with things to do. There goes my time. And trials are supposed to help you decide whether or not you want to buy the game. What good is a few hours at most if you're busy for a game like The Sims?

What do you guys think? I would've preferred a play-stop timer even if it meant being given less hours. I can spend hours in CAS and building homes alone :\ I'm glad there's a trial for those truly curious but I think a continuous timer can end up limiting players.
  • Options
    colton147colton147 Posts: 9,663 Member
    Maxis was nice enough to give people a free trial for the Sims 4. ;)
  • Options
    edited January 2015
    Yes Colton. I'm happy that there's a trial but the continuous timer is an issue. 10-15 hour stop timer could've been more efficient. I was just speaking about people who may launch the game and get at most two hours because their lives are busy and may not be able to play it again for a couple days.
  • Options
    You can always ask @SimGuruBChick to extend your time. ;)

Or @SimGuruGraham.

Or @SimGuruDaniel.

Or @SimGuruHydra‌.
  • Options
    WilderwolfWilderwolf Posts: 3,406 Member
    It's just like every other 'Game Time' trial they've done, as in it's only a trial period for the specific time frame. It's a lot better than what other companies do that let you play a designated demo section for an hour or less and then you're done. This way you can play the entire game for a 48 hour period and you're free to do absolutely whatever you want, not just a roped off demo section.
    Sig_zpsrk5fg4ri.gif

• Options
    jimmysnanjimmysnan Posts: 8,303 Member
    At least it was not like the sims 4 demo and only given to certain people not to all. At least this time they gave the opportunity to all who did not have it already. My game the sims 4 was a gift so I did not lose either way.
  • Options
    @colton147 You sure they can do that?
  • Options
    lisamwittlisamwitt Posts: 5,095 Member
    I'm still trying to download it. As you said, nothing to lose in trying it. I wasn't planning to buy it, so this is my chance to check it out at all. Buuuut, I keep getting a downloading error and being asked to try again.
    Gallery ID: LadyGray01
  • Options
    SimChic1 wrote: »

It's always worth a shot. ;)
  • Options
    Guys, yes yay we have a trial. My issue is that people don't always know when they might be free. And they can't form a proper opinion on hands on gameplay if they can only play for a couple hours :\
  • Options
    edited January 2015

I highly, highly doubt they would because it would be unfair to everyone else. So I'm just gonna go with a solid no. And they don't expect people to play the entire 48 hours, that's crazy. It's just a "here's the entire game for 48 hours, play as little or as much as you want." Even if someone can only play for two hours, that's still 2 hours for free that they wouldn't have been able to play it with the 'Game Time' promotion.

Sig_zpsrk5fg4ri.gif

• Options
    @lisamwitt wrote:
    I'm still trying to download it. As you said, nothing to lose in trying it. I wasn't planning to buy it, so this is my chance to check it out at all. Buuuut, I keep getting a downloading error and being asked to try again.
    Too many people trying to download at once? I hope it ends up working out for you.
  • Options
    lennyvocaloidlennyvocaloid Posts: 161 Member
    I'm downloading the trial right now and it says that I have already play for 5 hours. TS4 create a sim demo has 5 hours.
    So is our time on the old CAS demo transferring over to the demo?
    I feel the same way. It should of been a non continuous timer (I really hope this isn't the 15th anniversary surprise)
    15f317bf-858c-4dcf-80e9-e1281c43ab75.png?t=1408375700
    Hey, look it's EA.
  • Options
    Gnarl_LeeGnarl_Lee Posts: 1,014 Member
    gotta agree...if its going to be timed, it should be "in-game" time...though it shouldn't be too hard to decide if you want to buy the game after playing around for 2 days
  • Options
    Wilderwolf wrote: »

I highly, highly doubt they would because it would be unfair to everyone else. So I'm just gonna go with a solid no. And they don't expect people to play the entire 48 hours, that's crazy. It's just a "here's the entire game for 48 hours, play as little or as much as you want." Even if someone can only play for two hours, that's still 2 hours for free that they wouldn't have been able to play it with the 'Game Time' promotion.
    I get what you mean. I just don't want to launch the game and then realize I don't have much time because I have things to do :\ I feel like I'd waste the demo, which I don't want to do.
  • Options
    Your demo play time won't affect your Game Time play time. Sims 4 is free to play for a 48 hour time frame. The promotion isn't "play until your game's timer reaches 48 hours and then you're cut off.
    Sig_zpsrk5fg4ri.gif

• Options
    sparkfairy1sparkfairy1 Posts: 11,453 Member
    OP I understand your frustration. Life gets in the way of gaming time!
  • Options
    I'm downloading the trial right now and it says that I have already play for 5 hours. TS4 create a sim demo has 5 hours.
    So is our time on the old CAS demo transferring over to the demo?
    I feel the same way. It should of been a non continuous timer (I really hope this isn't the 15th anniversary surprise)
    That's weird...If it's not some weird glitch and that takes off time or whatever, contact EA support if you really want to experience the demo. My demo said I had 10 hours because I minimized the screen a lot and would go on the forums or whatever lol If in the future they gave us a stop timer I probably need to stop doing that lol
    Gnarl_Lee wrote: »
    gotta agree...if its going to be timed, it should be "in-game" time...though it shouldn't be too hard to decide if you want to buy the game after playing around for 2 days
    Yeah, if you can play it for a decent amount of time in two days then I think you can kinda know where you want to go from there.
  • Options
    Yeah lol When I can binge play, I do, but even my binge plays or only about 2 and a half hours haha
  • Options
    sparkfairy1sparkfairy1 Posts: 11,453 Member
    Yeah lol When I can binge play, I do, but even my binge plays or only about 2 and a half hours haha

Like the best of us! :)

It's a big from my understanding @lennyvocaloid‌-try contacting EA and explaining you are running into the issue. Hopefully they'll be able to fix things for you :)
  • Options
    Wilderwolf wrote: »
    Your demo play time won't affect your Game Time play time. Sims 4 is free to play for a 48 hour time frame. The promotion isn't "play until your game's timer reaches 48 hours and then you're cut off.
    Yeah. Still a little weird they counted her CAS demo play as actual TS4 play. Wonder how many hours people started off with, with the CAS demo included, when they finally got the game lol
This discussion has been closed.
Return to top