Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Isla Paradiso or custom world

I am reinstalling the sims and have a fairly slow computer. I have a few expansions. I really like the idea of a tropical world. I'd like to use isla paradiso but its a really big world. I am deciding between using that or a custom world, probably a small or medium sized world by rflong. Any opinions on how isla paradiso stacks up in the long run in terms of loading and freezing in comparison to a smaller world where I would DIY houseboats.
I do install some CC, mostly NAARS stuff and some hair that I can't live without.

Comments

• TacoChaosTacoChaos Posts: 118 Member
    edited January 2015
    You'd be better off with a custom world.
  • nj1412nj1412 Posts: 50 Member
    Because of speed or general reliability of the world?
  • Lollipop234Lollipop234 Posts: 251 Member
    Isla Paradiso was unplayable for me, even though I don't have a slow computer... many players have issues with this world because of major lagging. So I wouldn't recommend Isla Paradiso. But you could try, it works for some people :smile:
    I'm playing the Sims since day 1.
    I hate my username (Please forgive my younger self)
    Origin ID: VanillaxSimmer
    Raines legacy family tree

Visit my simblr!
  • nj1412nj1412 Posts: 50 Member
    Thanks for the input. I know there is a fixed version on mod the sims, has anyone had success with that?
  • alanmichael1alanmichael1 Posts: 5,405 Member
    If you just want a tropical world and do not need all the features from Island Paradise, then Sunlit Tides is a perfect choice. This world is breathtaking and well-made, I'm just playing it and had no lag in two days. It even looks great on a dark and foggy winter day.