Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

The Sims3 is my love and I appreciate all of you Simmers!

Comments

• Options
    FairyGodMotherFairyGodMother Posts: 7,406 Member
    @CandySims14 I had a problem logging in and the page was full of white blocks and question marks (today). Now it works fine. Maybe you could try gifting now and it will work. I wish you luck :p
  • Options
    Well you all, I could not get the mods to work. I was up till 11pm that night pulling my hair out (bald now, LOL) . I gave up.......but will try another day. I remember it took me a while on my old windows computers years back, but I eventually figured it out!!!

I did check out the Mac Discussions thread, which helped but not enough :D Will keep reading up on it and will eventually get it going!

*hugs to all*
  • Options
    ZeeGeeZeeGee Posts: 5,356 Member
    You're on a Mac so still at 1.67?
  • Options
    edited August 2017
    Okay, here it is - very simple. Download it, UNZIP, place it in your Sims 3 folder, and you're golden. :smiley:

http://simfileshare.net/download/290948/
  • Options
    edited August 2017
    Thanks @ZeeGee I have been busy and the girls have had me on the run over the weekend, taking me out and celebrating my B-Day, I am one year younger :D

Oh, I had to wait for the baby to come before I could switch them out in CAS. Well, it wouldn't let me either. I scrolled thru the tiny menu it showed (as the big menu wasn't there) and it didn't bring your Claire up or the ones I made so I had to undo all of that) maybe I didn't forward long enough but it sure took me a long time sifting thru them ugly ones that did pop up :D I decided to change her name to Molly and moved her in there hoping I could make them sisters at a later time (if I figured it out) but the funny thing is, when Patty (the baby) became a toddler she was playing with her IF, and in walks a bigger IF named Hesper Ursine :o:D I cracked up, so Patty has two IF, you know I hate them IF's!!!
    It was a lot of fun while it lasted. Then things started glitching and I figured it was from installing the mods wrong, so hopefully I will have time soon to figure it out.

I will jump on your link though, and figure all this out :p . I am on a Mac at 1.67!! Thank you for all your help!!!! <3
  • Options
    @ZeeGee Oh my, I dl'd the link and put it in my Mods folder. Fingers crossed this will do it!!!! Thank you so much for making it easy and having the folders already in it <3<3

I am off to try it now!!!
  • Options
    It WORKED!!!! Thank you sooooo much @ZeeGee for your help!!!! Big virtual hug sent your way from me <3
  • Options
    You're welcome! So glad it worked. Virtual hug back to you :kissing:
  • Options
    edited September 2017
    @ZeeGee @scillakees or anyone who can help! I decided to get the Story Progression Mod and am having trouble (as usual)
    I downloaded it and it went to my downloads section on my mac. I then slid it to my desktop, went to my "finder" and then into Documents>EA>Sims3>and slid it in there. Then I "compressed" the package (because it doesn't have a "unzip" so I figured compressed was it?
    and it showed a white letter looking sheet with a zipper in the middle. Now I don't know what to do because it isn't showing up in my "Package" folder where the others (error trap and overwatch are) and not showing in my game. Now I did move the story progression package(not the white sheet looking one) into my Package folder and it does show in the game and works, it is just stuttering my game.

Seems like when I used it over 5 years ago, I needed Master Controller also, for it to work. Is that true? Didn't say that when I read about it before downloading. Should I download Master Controller also?

What am I doing wrong? LOL

ETA: I also reinstalled ambitions and pets and downloaded my new house from your reboot thread, so maybe adding too much at once was ..... too much?
  • Options
    After rereading @ZeeGee instructions, I realized I didn't copy and paste (I just slid it) story progression in the mods folder. Maybe thats what is wrong, going to go in the game now and see if the stuttering stops, LOL
  • Options
    edited September 2017
    You don’t need master controller for story progression to work I don’t think. It sounds like you zipped the file instead of unzipping it, compressing and zipping are kind of the same. But story progression is showing up in your game now?
  • Options
    If your computer can handle it, there won’t be any problem with adding too much at once. It did worry me that you downloaded a house that had corrupt cc. Did you get rid of that? Do you know how?
  • Options
    After rereading @ZeeGee instructions, I realized I didn't copy and paste (I just slid it) story progression in the mods folder. Maybe thats what is wrong, going to go in the game now and see if the stuttering stops, LOL
    Copy/paste or drag and drop shouldn’t make a difference.
  • Options
    ZeeGee wrote: »
    If your computer can handle it, there won’t be any problem with adding too much at once. It did worry me that you downloaded a house that had corrupt cc. Did you get rid of that? Do you know how?

Don't think the house had CC, just letting you know I dl'd a lot at once :D
  • Options
    ZeeGee wrote: »
    You don’t need master controller for story progression to work I don’t think. It sounds like you zipped the file instead of unzipping it, compressing and zipping are kind of the same. But story progression is showing up in your game now?

Ok, glad I don't need Master Controller then. I think compress is unzip (white page shows a zipper but the corner top right is peeled down.

I did go in my game and it is working now. The stuttering is much better, but didn't play it long enough yet. I love that the world progresses, this is the best mod ever! I did uninstall ambitions first though. I almost uninstalled pets but I waited because I really didn't want too! I do have horses unchecked in options though.
  • Options
    Thanks for your help @ZeeGee (thru PM) I will be playing my game now for a while and check back later!

*Big Hugs and Thanks*
  • Options
    scillakeesscillakees Posts: 1,112 Member
    Hey Char FairyGodMother. Hope you've been well. Happy to see you are trying Story Progression. Looks like ZeeGee is on top of things and has helped you with the install. Goooo ZeeGee the the great and powerful.

There is quite a bit to learn about Story Progression, but it is worth it. When I got it I just slowly messed with the settings to see what each would do. One setting that is pretty useful in the beginning is to set the story notifications to blood only. Otherwise you will be getting notifications galore.
  • Options
    edited September 2017
    Well, it worked OK when I went in the game earlier, was a little laggy. BUT.....
    I decided when I went to restart my computer, to kinda look around :D On my Mac, I went to the launchpad and realized it didn't show all my icons for the Sims packs I had installed. So I signed into Origin and they had ex: Late Night=Download, Outdoor Living=Download, Pets=Download, Seasons=Download :o I had them downloaded (late night and outdoor living had always been downloaded). So it wouldn't do anything when I clicked the download button. Went into my Sims launcher to start the game, and it had them at the bottom that they were installed, so I X'd out of the launcher. Went to "finder" and got the Sims3 uninstaller pulled up and uninstalled those and then went back to Origin and it finally let me Download them :o How did that happen? Late night doesn't show in my Launchpad but does show in Origin!

Anyway, I went to play it (did not reinstall pets) and it works fine. Not noticed any stuttering but have not edited town and added anything either.

@scillakees I love reading the notifications of the town :D I guess when the town gets bigger, I will have to change it. Right now there are a lot of preggo's :D

Anyway, I hope it continues to work OK now, I can't stand having to figure out something on my computer!
  • Options
    scillakees wrote: »
    Goooo ZeeGee the the great and powerful.

You trying to kill me, Scilla? Almost choked to death on my drink I was laughing so hard.

Hope everything works out Char FairyGodmother. :)

Okay, girls, I have been working on Part 6 of the Cornelia and Agnes story all day and trying to figure out what to do with some rough parts and how to go into the next section and I finally threw up my hands, quit trying to fix all the many mistakes and just uploaded it to get rid of it. I'll probably regret that tomorrow but for now, I'm glad to be done with it! Next part will be better, I promise. :)
  • Options
    Ok, think I should uninstall all my packs and stuff! Perhaps this is just how vampire babies are? Was he trying to reach up and drain mom of her blood?
    [img][/img]n2d3qv.jpg
  • Options
    *Gulp* That's frightful and yeah, it looks like some bad cc. You don't have to uninstall and reinstall. Just do a fresh install. Pull your Electronic Arts folder out of documents, start up your game, and a new folder will be created. Put your mods folder back in and you'll get a fresh start. You can try putting an old save into the new game but the bad cc might go with it. :(
  • Options
    edited September 2017
    I don't have CC though. Now Treasure Island (CAW) did have a twin bed (only bed on the only starter lot) that makes your hygiene go down super fast and you wake your sim up early just to shower. Maybe that is CC because we don't have that bed in the game and the world is old and never said anything about CC, its basically an empty world! Anyway, I uninstalled my CAW worlds this morning (Weds. morning, as its almost midnight now) and I ended up removing story progression and installing the remainder of my packs except for KPST and ITF.

I then played it a few RL hours and everything was fine. Then I went to edit town and placed Envy's house (nothing else downloaded in my game, and it seemed fine. Played it a few hours again and then this happened. I think it was that CAW world :s

I will try the fresh install ;) The only thing in my mods folder in overwatch and error trap. I do plan on putting story progression back in, I just wanted to make sure my game didn't lag because that is when it started. I will start a new game (nothing new, I do it often) :D

I suppose when I take the EA folder out, you mean pull it to the desktop? Since it creates a new one, then I can just trash the EA folder I pulled out to the desktop?

Thanks a bunch for your help, much appreciated!
  • Options
    No problem!

I think that you installed the bad CC when you installed a house that you got from the exchange, because a house that you downloaded was infected. The CC is not in the house, so it wouldn't show up as a CC item in the house, but it rides along and does damage behind the scenes in your game. It's sort of a 'hidden' problem. The easiest way to get rid of it is to start a fresh folder. You can transfer over your mods folder, with story progression, and your store content (the ebc files in the dccache folder). And save your 'saves' from your save file if you're attached to them. Though igazor says sometimes the bad cc can ride along in a save file if the bad lot is installed in the game. You can also transfer your store lots and store worlds back in from your old file if you want to. So don't trash it quite yet!
  • Options
    edited September 2017
    So I won't have to start the launcher and trash my game, because starting a new EA folder will wipe it out?

Oh wow, so I need to pull out the abc files in dcccache folder too. Won't save any "saves", and transfer store lots(I assume from the S3 store that I installed, like Grandpa's Grove and stuff) and the store worlds (assuming this is like MH etc, not the worlds installed from Origin)?

I assume "store lots" means my DL folder that is in the EA folder, which consist of my store content and the houses from the exchange?
  • Options
    edited September 2017
    So I won't have to start the launcher and trash my game, because starting a new EA folder will wipe it out?

Yes, if you pull your EA folder out, your games go with it. Starting a fresh save starts you all over brand new again.

Oh wow, so I need to pull out the abc files in dcccache folder too. Won't save any "saves", and transfer store lots(I assume from the S3 store that I installed, like Grandpa's Grove and stuff) and the store worlds (assuming this is like MH etc, not the worlds installed from Origin)?

I assume "store lots" means my DL folder that is in the EA folder, which consist of my store content and the houses from the exchange?

Yes, pull out the ebc files from your dccache folder and put them in the new dccache folder. That is your compressed store content. DON'T pull out any DBC files, that is CC. And you can transfer the store lots like Grandpa's Grove from the old library to the new library, but DON'T transfer the lots from the Exchange! They are in your library file too. And yes, I meant store worlds like MH. You can transfer your worlds folder over too so you don't have to reinstall all that stuff.

Hopefully that will work!

Edited: Oops posted to soon. :blush:

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top