Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

african american cc hair

Comments

• Lady_chelleyLady_chelley Posts: 223 Member
    I know textured hair is not the same as braids, but there doesn't seem to be many out there making twist outs, braid outs, or bantu knots :(

But these are still nice. After all protective styles is a big must in the Afro community
    tumblr_njb49gMOOT1swqb42o2_1280.png
    11722121_959296777467044_6387432473986402588_o.jpg
  • sweetface44sweetface44 Posts: 2,958 Member
    i had these and lost them can u post a link for these braids
  • MiwaPROMiwaPRO Posts: 220 Member
    edited July 2015
    MiwaPRO wrote: »
    Sorry but they didnt add many afro hairstyles because no one would pay for a stuff pack to get afro hairstyles!
    I would pay to have some afro hairstyles in my game! Want them so much!!

Im sure you are not the only but have you read comments about the clown afro? They are many people that said it is ugly and they shouldnt add it to the game!
    I'm sorry, I haven't read. But I do want more options for afro hairstyles. Of course, not like those sad cotton candy ones, they would have to make a decent job for me to buy it. :smile:
    Because we speak about hairstyles for a game Asians,europeans,white american people havent afro hair and only black people have! I'm greek and I find afro hairstyles cute, but they cant add to the game more afro hairstyles than straight,curly,and wavy! EA cant add something in the game that only a small ammount of people want, but the add contect that the most of the people want! :)
    I don't know if I misunderstood you, so I'm sorry if did. But you said that because only black people have afro hairstyle and they are "minority", EA shouldn't put more afro hairstyle in the game? C'mon, not only black people use afro hairstyle, especially in a game like The Sims where anything can happen!
    Sn1ZM6B.jpg

If perchance, they release some dreadlock hairstyle, many of my Sims would use it. I want different hairstyles like afro to get out from the classics straight styled ones a bit! :smile:

I would "understand" that they won't add more afro hairstyle to the game because of their bad engine and stuff, but not because "only a small amount of people want"!

But you know what? I guess you're right! I bet that EA thinks the same way as you, that black people is minority, so the afro hairstyle and it wouldn't make much money from it. Sad as it is, after all, EA is EA....
    Jxgri82.jpg
    ***THE SIMS 4 - BRASIL***
  • cats3008cats3008 Posts: 135 Member
    I would love different types of braids, ponytails and updo's for my sims. I also want front swoop bangs.
  • John_SalonicaJohn_Salonica Posts: 353 Member
    edited July 2015
    Because we speak about hairstyles for a game Asians,europeans,white american people havent afro hair and only black people have! I'm greek and I find afro hairstyles cute, but they cant add to the game more afro hairstyles than straight,curly,and wavy! EA cant add something in the game that only a small ammount of people want, but the add contect that the most of the people want! :)
    I don't know if I misunderstood you, so I'm sorry if did. But you said that because only black people have afro hairstyle and they are "minority", EA shouldn't put more afro hairstyle in the game? C'mon, not only black people use afro hairstyle, especially in a game like The Sims where anything can happen!
    Sn1ZM6B.jpg

If perchance, they release some dreadlock hairstyle, many of my Sims would use it. I want different hairstyles like afro to get out from the classics straight styled ones a bit! :smile:

I would "understand" that they won't add more afro hairstyle to the game because of their bad engine and stuff, but not because "only a small amount of people want"!

I dont have any problem with black people! I am greek and I live in greece and I have a kid in my neighborhood that it is black because his dad is!! I find his hair really beautiful but you have to understand that the sims 4 is a game. Also I cant understand why you complain about the lack of afro textured hairstyles.. We already got many afro hairstyles with Get To Work and its almost the FIRST expansion!! So just wait!! I also prefere EA to work more with toodlers and other missing feautures than making more afro hairstyles :).

But you know what? I guess you're right! I bet that EA thinks the same way as you, that black people is minority, so the afro hairstyle and it wouldn't make much money from it. Sad as it is, after all, EA is EA....
    Jxgri82.jpg[/quote]

Also even black people straight their hairs or wear wigs!!
    xyIcMqt.png
    Sn1ZM6B.jpg

I dont have any problem with black people! I am greek and I live in greece and I have a kid in my neighborhood that it is black because his dad is!! I find his hair really beautiful but you have to understand that the sims 4 is a game. Also I cant understand why you complain about the lack of afro textured hairstyles.. We already got many afro hairstyles with Get To Work and its almost the FIRST expansion!! So just wait!! I also prefere EA to work more with toodlers and other missing feautures than making more afro hairstyles :).

Jxgri82.jpg

Also even black people straight their hairs or wear wigs!! [/quote]
    You are a rude very racist person not all black women like straight hair or wear wigs.. it's a life simulation game and yes ever single race of people should be able to have just as much access creating the kind of lives they live.. your statements will probably get this post shut down thanks alot... one.whole black child in your neighborhood and he is half black so now you know the struggle...
    And I don't have a problem.with greek people or no people...
  • DarklingDarkling Posts: 6,327 Member
    i am having a issue with that lack of nice black hair styles in the game.. and the fact that i cant even find cc black hair out there.. i would like ea to know that black people actually play your game too.. add more hair styles for black people!!

Funny, I was going through the same thing earlier today. Hunting for Afro-American type hairstyles.
    I actually found some that I like. One of my favorites was this braided style

w-600h-450-2588246.jpg

thesimsresource.com/downloads/details/category/sims4-hair-hairstyles-female/title/nightcrawler-sparks/id/1295249/#2qBo5UzgOg0WKEj8.01

Nightcrawler is life and that hair is a 10/10--snatched it up as soon as he released it.

I'm also dying for more ethnic/Afro hair: nice TWAs, tapered cuts, old school goddess braids--heck, even a puff! :(

14785081519_9e388018bc_o.jpg
    Kids need to pig tales with the Barrett hanging on the ends

Also even black people straight their hairs or wear wigs!! [/quote]
    You are a rude very racist person not all black women like straight hair or wear wigs.. it's a life simulation game and yes ever single race of people should be able to have just as much access creating the kind of lives they live.. your statements will probably get this post shut down thanks alot... one.whole black child in your neighborhood and he is half black so now you know the struggle...
    [/quote]

LOL!! Because I dont know many things about black people since all greeks are white i dont know many things about black people but I have already understand that you think we are racist but you know....YOU ARE RACIST!! ALSO I DONT GIVE YOU THE RIGHT TO CALL ME RUDE AND RACIST!! IF YOU REALLY WANT AFRO HAIR USE BLENDER AND THE SIMS STUDIO LOL!!!!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XzTMKV1OHMA These GIRL IS REALLY BETTER THAN YOU!! This girl has no problem to have straight or afro or curly hair because she know its just hair!! And the funniest thing is that your profile picture's sim have a wavy hairstyle!

AGAIN, I cant understand why you complain about more afro hairstyles such we got and we will continue to get many of them!!
    xyIcMqt.png
  • MzB06MzB06 Posts: 1,200 Member
    I would love more diverse hairstyles as well. <3<3 I want to see more variety in textures. Many people are upset at there being only one afro "texture" in the game. It is not a black vs. white problem. People, in general, do not have only two textured type of hair. @John_Salonica Here are some examples:

Wavy Patterns/ Styles
    wavy_textures.jpg
    hair_texture_by_diza_74-d4rq2j9.jpg
    hqdefault.jpg
    4A.jpg
    01167793903.jpg
    80472210.jpg

Straight Patterns/Styles
    onyc_fro_out_kinky_straight_texture_3.jpg
    indian-hairstyles-2013-12.jpg

Or just click on this link and take a look

beststylo.tk/afro-long-hairstyle/

We just want to see more versatility with hairstyles, and yes many other things within the game, but this topic is about hairstyles and textures.
  • MzB06MzB06 Posts: 1,200 Member
    Sorry for the long post you all. :#<3
  • DarklingDarkling Posts: 6,327 Member
    MzB06 wrote: »
    Sorry for the long post you all. :#<3

No problem--loved all the pictures! :) The little girl's hair is too cute!

Versatility is the keyword. Many people would love to make accurate simselves but are unable to due to the limited hairstyles. More options are always a good thing in my book.
    14785081519_9e388018bc_o.jpg
  • MiwaPROMiwaPRO Posts: 220 Member
    edited July 2015

LOL!! Because I dont know many things about black people since all greeks are white i dont know many things about black people but I have already understand that you think we are racist but you know....YOU ARE RACIST!! ALSO I DONT GIVE YOU THE RIGHT TO CALL ME RUDE AND RACIST!! IF YOU REALLY WANT AFRO HAIR USE BLENDER AND THE SIMS STUDIO LOL!!!!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XzTMKV1OHMA These GIRL IS REALLY BETTER THAN YOU!! This girl has no problem to have straight or afro or curly hair because she know its just hair!! And the funniest thing is that your profile picture's sim have a wavy hairstyle!

AGAIN, I cant understand why you complain about more afro hairstyles such we got and we will continue to get many of them!!
    Ok, let's not start a unnecessary fight! I think I understand what you said here:
    I believe that you meant that not all black people have afro hairstyle, they also have straight and other kind of hairstyles, so we shouldn't be limited only by afro hairstyles to put on our Sims... You're right! :)

And I agree when you say that we should claim for other missing features. I do this! I look for support many others ideas or requests for missing features from others simmers.

My intention in supporting this thread is to have more variety of hairstyles than the straight or wavy, independent of race. But what you have to understand is for many people this claim is very important, because like @sweetface44 said, they would like to recreate their lifestyles on the game and NO, the amount of afro hairstyles are not enough!

Ok, we're at the first expansion yet, but if there's no requests and people claiming, they will never "know" and they will never do it. So that's why we're here for, to make sure that they continue making different kind of hairstyles! That this is important to us!! ;)
    ***THE SIMS 4 - BRASIL***
    MiwaPRO wrote: »

Ok, let's not start a unnecessary fight! I think I understand what you said here:
    I believe that you meant that not all black people have afro hairstyle, they also have straight and other kind of hairstyles, so we shouldn't be limited only by afro hairstyles to put on our Sims... You're right! :)

And I agree when you say that we should claim for other missing features. I do this! I look for support many others ideas or requests for missing features from others simmers.

My intention in supporting this thread is to have more variety of hairstyles than the straight or wavy, independent of race. But what you have to understand is for many people this claim is very important, because like @sweetface44 said, they would like to recreate their lifestyles on the game and NO, the amount of afro hairstyles are not enough!

Ok, we're at the first expansion yet, but if there's no requests and people claiming, they will never "know" and they will never do it. So that's why we're here for, to make sure that they continue making different kind of hairstyles! That this is important to us!! ;)

thank you to understand me! And such we start a discussion about hairstyles I think they should give us curly hair because many people have!!
    xyIcMqt.png
  • emilyduruemilyduru Posts: 289 Member

[/quote]

AGAIN, I cant understand why you complain about more afro hairstyles such we got and we will continue to get many of them!![/quote]

Oh my gosh I can't believe I actually read that lol. You know everything about black people because you've SEEN a black person? Hair isn't just a casual thing, in many ways it represents you. GTW not only does everyone not have it but it brought only two truly 'black' hairs into the game. When you say people 'straighten' there hair A LOT of black people (including myself) having to go the painful (literally) process of relaxing just to get it to stay for more than a week. I don't straighten my hair to look more white I do it to make it more manageable because I don't always have time to completely do my hair in the morning. And even after MY hair is relaxed it still has A LOT of texture. You share one video and you think every black person can relate? NOT EVEN 2% OF THE BLACK POPULATION HAS HAIR LIKE HERS BECAUSE ALL ARE UNIQUE! I shouldn't have to beg and make textured hair for a game that i spent money and bought. Have 98% Eurocentric hair and 1% black hair and you think we should be satisfied and "stop complaining"?? lol you make me laugh. Also you think you speak for the voice of millions because you PERSONALLY don't care about afrocentric hairstyles? (Also not all greeks are white...)
    9i7a5w.jpg
    emilyduru wrote: »

AGAIN, I cant understand why you complain about more afro hairstyles such we got and we will continue to get many of them!![/quote]

Oh my gosh I can't believe I actually read that lol. You know everything about black people because you've SEEN a black person? Hair isn't just a casual thing, in many ways it represents you. GTW not only does everyone not have it but it brought only two truly 'black' hairs into the game. When you say people 'straighten' there hair A LOT of black people (including myself) having to go the painful (literally) process of relaxing just to get it to stay for more than a week. I don't straighten my hair to look more white I do it to make it more manageable because I don't always have time to completely do my hair in the morning. And even after MY hair is relaxed it still has A LOT of texture. You share one video and you think every black person can relate? NOT EVEN 2% OF THE BLACK POPULATION HAS HAIR LIKE HERS BECAUSE ALL ARE UNIQUE! I shouldn't have to beg and make textured hair for a game that i spent money and bought. Have 98% Eurocentric hair and 1% black hair and you think we should be satisfied and "stop complaining"?? lol you make me laugh. Also you think you speak for the voice of millions because you PERSONALLY don't care about afrocentric hairstyles? (Also not all greeks are white...)[/quote]

1) I said I dont know black people. I see many videos in youtube and all black people that I saw straight their hairs or wear wigs. But I never said that I know everything about black people!!
    2) I never said that black people straight their hairs to look more white
    3)Im happy that you straight your hair to make it more manageable I have a wavy hair and I use flat iron
    4)All people are unique :)
    5)Yes. Stop complaining! The Sims 4 missing so many feautures like toddlers ! We have already got many afro hair and we havent got any curly hair! Many people have curly (i dont have) and dont complain!]
    6) All 100% greeks are white lol I know my country more than you! But if you mean that we are not all like milk of course we also have ''dark white'' skin I dont know how to call it because we go to the beach xD.
    7) I have understand that many black person think that white people are racist but I personally dont have a problem and love them like all people

8) Please lets stop this fight!!

xyIcMqt.png
  • ennaedwynennaedwyn Posts: 68 Member
    We just need MOAR hair for EVERYBODY period!!!! Waffles included .... we need a Salon Day (where you hair is styled and coiffed and colored (via color wheel)) I'm not a fan of relying on CC from sim creators - polygons are just insanely high which will slows down ANY system - Mac or PC.
    Don't eat my avatar!!!!!!! You can find in the community under: ennaedwyn (boy! that was tuff! )
    tumblr_nd4jozkfUy1rrhhnko5_500.gif
    Maybe he was born with it or .....
  • Emma-LeeXOXOEmma-LeeXOXO Posts: 549 Member
    OMG @Lady_chelley you just blessed my whole life with those CC finds! Thanks
    sMggKkh.png

• Emma-LeeXOXOEmma-LeeXOXO Posts: 549 Member
    edited July 2015
    @John_Salonica I think you're a little confused on what people on this thread is complaining about. When mentioning black people you often bring up "afro hair". Well let me bring something to your attention that you may haven't realized. Black people around the entire world have different hair textures that range from "afro" to wavy. What we would like to see in the game is more of those hair textures in styles in between. Not just your typical "afro" hair styles or cornrows which are often associated with black hair. Our, and I say our because I am black, hair texture allows us to do amazing and different things to our hair, the possibilities with our hair are endless and we would just like to see it in game. Yes, your right, the GTW did give us some afro texture hair, but it gave us just that afro texture hair, and you also fail to mention that most of those hair for for males not females.

1bec3873f6eaa375c869188ba0de5bbf.jpg
    b6a67a0f2c46047efa7567d5783b1c6b.jpg
    How-to-Style-Box-Braids-BellaNaija-May2013.jpg
    Spring-Twist1.jpg
    brandy-norwood-braids.jpg

sMggKkh.png

• RemySimsRemySims Posts: 380 Member
    I'm not black myself, but I have crazy curly hair. I would like to see something akin to what my hair is naturally like in the sims. Although, it probably won't be possible because I have the craziest hair lol.
  • WormMommyWormMommy Posts: 124 Member
    MzB06 wrote: »
    I would love more diverse hairstyles as well. <3<3 I want to see more variety in textures. Many people are upset at there being only one afro "texture" in the game. It is not a black vs. white problem. People, in general, do not have only two textured type of hair. @John_Salonica Here are some examples:

Wavy Patterns/ Styles
    wavy_textures.jpg
    hair_texture_by_diza_74-d4rq2j9.jpg
    hqdefault.jpg
    4A.jpg
    01167793903.jpg
    80472210.jpg

Straight Patterns/Styles
    onyc_fro_out_kinky_straight_texture_3.jpg
    indian-hairstyles-2013-12.jpg

Or just click on this link and take a look

beststylo.tk/afro-long-hairstyle/

We just want to see more versatility with hairstyles, and yes many other things within the game, but this topic is about hairstyles and textures.

Yes!
    I sim. Therefore, I am.
    @John_Salonica I think you're a little confused on what people on this thread is complaining about. When mentioning black people you often bring up "afro hair". Well let me bring something to your attention that you may haven't realized. Black people around the entire world have different hair textures that range from "afro" to wavy. What we would like to see in the game is more of those hair textures in styles in between. Not just your typical "afro" hair styles or cornrows which are often associated with black hair. Our, and I say our because I am black, hair texture allows us to do amazing and different things to our hair, the possibilities with our hair are endless and we would just like to see it in game. Yes, your right, the GTW did give us some afro texture hair, but it gave us just that afro texture hair, and you also fail to mention that most of those hair for for males not females.

1bec3873f6eaa375c869188ba0de5bbf.jpg
    b6a67a0f2c46047efa7567d5783b1c6b.jpg
    How-to-Style-Box-Braids-BellaNaija-May2013.jpg
    Spring-Twist1.jpg
    brandy-norwood-braids.jpg

Im so glad that you dont speak rude and I think you are right!! And of course there are a lot of hairstyles out that must come in the game :)
    xyIcMqt.png
  • emilyduruemilyduru Posts: 289 Member
    @John_Salonica Listen I wasn't trying to be rude but I really do think on this whole topic you've been misinformed. You say there is a lot of black hair in the game and yet I find myself using the same three over and over again. I'm not asking for some ridiculous priced EP that contains more but rather the base game itself (as that is what many people actually have) to contain them (via update). Now lastly in regards to the whole Greek thing, yes greeks can be black. Of course like anywhere blacks are a minority but yes they do exist. If a first gen African came to Greece and had 8 more Gen's there would we not consider their children Greek? If on their birth certificate it says they're Greek then they are Greek :wink:
    9i7a5w.jpg
  • LuvTamareLuvTamare Posts: 48 Member
    I agree the options are super limited and the options they do have are not the best looking. I've been trying to find some CC but haven't found anything worth downloading just yet. :(