Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

african american cc hair

Comments

• SimPoseyYumSimPoseyYum Posts: 995 Member
    ... Why not search on MTS or TSR for that?
    Not everyone wants to introduce CC/mods into their games, for whatever reason. There's no harm in not wanting outside elements. Nor is there any harm in requesting that the official developers of the game include more and varied styles.

Sorry but they didnt add many afro hairstyles because no one would pay for a stuff pack to get afro hairstyles!
    Do you have some evidence to back up that claim?

• MiwaPROMiwaPRO Posts: 220 Member
    Sorry but they didnt add many afro hairstyles because no one would pay for a stuff pack to get afro hairstyles!
    I would pay to have some afro hairstyles in my game! Want them so much!!
    ***THE SIMS 4 - BRASIL***
  • starcrunchstarcrunch Posts: 672 Member
    I'd love to have more hairstyles for black sims (esp. women, but men could use a bit of variety too) and I'd pay for them!
    OriginID: CrunchedStars
  • aws200aws200 Posts: 2,262 Member
    It would be technically too much for their limited tech to pull off, just look at that...that...afro?!
    1. The Sims 2
    2. The Sims 3
    3. The Sims 4 (5 years later its decent)
    4. The Sims 1
  • xBob18xBob18 Posts: 7,893 Member
    edited July 2015
    I loved Nouk's ethnic hairstyles back then forTS2.
    oh3cjs.jpg
  • John_SalonicaJohn_Salonica Posts: 353 Member
    edited July 2015
    MiwaPRO wrote: »
    I would pay to have some afro hairstyles in my game! Want them so much!!

Im sure you are not the only but have you read comments about the clown afro? They are many people that said it is ugly and they shouldnt add it to the game!

xyIcMqt.png
    edited July 2015
    First of all, to avoid missunderstandings I'm not racist or something and yes I have because I always read comments and I saw that most of the people prefer staight or wavy or curly hairstyles and dont prefer afro hairstyles for their sims because they are bad working the most of the times :)
    xyIcMqt.png
  • sweetface44sweetface44 Posts: 2,958 Member
    First of all, to avoid missunderstandings I'm not racist or something and yes I have because I always read comments and I saw that most of the people prefer staight or wavy or curly hairstyles and dont prefer afro hairstyles for their sims because they are bad working the most of the times :)
    everyone that play sims does not have straight hair everyone is different and the sims games have always been extremely light on offering more styles for black players. just as many black people play the sims as white people... so yes many people would love to see some nicely made fros and tight curly styles

• skfmyersskfmyers Posts: 159 Member

I'd pay for a stuff pack that allowed for better diversity of Sims.
    "The worst is not, So long as we can say 'This is the worst.'" - Wm. Shakespeare, King Lear, Act IV Scene 1
  • TrashmagicTrashmagic Posts: 977 Member
    Yup, I'd like some more braided hairstyles as well. The possibilities are endless.
    Let me see if I'm understanding you correctly, then. It seems to me that you're saying, based on some posts you've read, players are dissatisfied with the current offerings of African-American hairstyles. They are dissatisfied because the styles are "bad working". I assume by that, you mean that the styles don't look right or don't look believable. It is the dissatisfaction that makes folks "not want" said hairstyles.

I think the response to this thread alone would show that there IS a desire for more African-American hairstyles, provided, of course, that they look good and are believable. I think that's what people want for ALL hairstyles, regardless of color, texture, style, and so on. IF they are well done, I personally believe people will pay for hairstyles. The fact that there are mods that provide beautiful African-American hairstyles is further evidence that there is a market for such. As I said in my earlier post, not everyone wants to introduce mods to their game. By the same token, I don't think those mods would have been created if no one wanted them.
    Just for chuckles, I put "afro" in the search box up above. 78 pages of posts just on that one word. A quick scan (obviously, I didn't look at all 78 pages) reflects that a good majority of the posts ask why there aren't more ethnic hairstyles (afros, cornrows, twists, dreads and so forth). Certainly looks to me like there's a market.
  • thankucatgodthankucatgod Posts: 398 Member
    Yeah, I know how you feel. I would love more African American options. Especially dreads and/or box braids. I absolutely love them.

If they were nicely made, I would. I think the beauty in being human is that we're all different. We can't express that through our Sims if all the hair in the game looks almost exactly the same.
    edited July 2015
    Because we speak about hairstyles for a game Asians,europeans,white american people havent afro hair and only black people have! I'm greek and I find afro hairstyles cute, but they cant add to the game more afro hairstyles than straight,curly,and wavy! EA cant add something in the game that only a small ammount of people want, but the add contect that the most of the people want! :)
    xyIcMqt.png
    Because we speak about hairstyles for a game Asians,europeans,white american people havent afro hair and only black people have! I'm greek and I find afro hairstyles cute, but they cant add to the game more afro hairstyles than straight,curly,and wavy! EA cant add something in the game that only a small ammount of people want, but the add contect that the most of the people want! :)

According to this thread, a lot of people want it. It's also highly requested in other forums. Also, I don't think anyone said anything about how there should be more afro hair than other styles, just that we need more in general. Black people (and mixed race) play The Sims, too. They deserve appropriate hairstyles just like everyone else does.
  • pepperjax1230pepperjax1230 Posts: 7,953 Member
    Not everyone wants to introduce CC/mods into their games, for whatever reason. There's no harm in not wanting outside elements. Nor is there any harm in requesting that the official developers of the game include more and varied styles.
    Did I say that she must get it there I was giving suggestion where to look. I know there is no harm in asking or requesting that stuff.
    tenor.gif?itemid=5228641
  • Sigzy05Sigzy05 Posts: 19,406 Member
    There will be a new braid hair in the next GP :)
    mHdgPlU.jpg?1
  • mizuru007mizuru007 Posts: 1,085 Member
    I definitely want to see more hair that looks like mine, not gonna lie.
    I liked the little contained afro that was added in GTW, but the base game fro looks like a mess and, beyond that, I think there's...one thing of braids and the child twin puffs?

Yeah, team definitely needs to do some research into black hair and see that there's more possible than just "afro" and "braids". :\
  • MasonGamerMasonGamer Posts: 8,851 Member
    IMISCHA wrote: »
    BTW, @MasonGamer YOU DIDN'T LUCK OUT WITH YOUR FATHER'S HAIR. YOU JUST GOT HIS HAIR GENES. ONE ISN'T UNLUCKY TO END UP WITH MORE ETHNIC HAIR. BEING MIXED YOU SHOULD BE ABLE TO UNDERSTAND BIASIS BASED ON YOUR ETHNICITIES. DON'T DOWNPLAY YOUR HERITAGE JUST BECAUSE OTHERS FEEL ONE SIDE IS BETTER THAN THE OTHER CUZ ITS NOT.

> @MasonGamer said:
    > Understandable. I'm half white so I lucked out and got my father's hair. lol

Uh...
    1) caps unnecessary

2) didn't realize how bias it sounded, at the time, Sorry didn't mean it.

The reason, I said it, was because I saw how much maintenance my mother's hair is, I was just thankful for my hair isn't high maintenance. My mother's hair is beautiful when she's done with it.

Didn't mean anything of it. I'd appreciate it if you didn't put words in my mouth.
    Realm of Magic:

My Mood:

tumblr_nlbf3b0Jyb1qkheaxo5_250.gif
    Did I say that she must get it there I was giving suggestion where to look. I know there is no harm in asking or requesting that stuff.
    No, you did not. Nor did I suggest that you did. I merely explained that mods are not necessarily an answer for everyone. No need to get huffy.
  • pepperjax1230pepperjax1230 Posts: 7,953 Member
    edited July 2015
    No, you did not. Nor did I suggest that you did. I merely explained that mods are not necessarily an answer for everyone. No need to get huffy.
    CC isn't a mod either its custom content that you add in your game a mod alters the game somehow. I just realized you slashed it and I wasn't being huffy. :)

tenor.gif?itemid=5228641
    edited July 2015

According to this thread, a lot of people want it. It's also highly requested in other forums. Also, I don't think anyone said anything about how there should be more afro hair than other styles, just that we need more in general. Black people (and mixed race) play The Sims, too. They deserve appropriate hairstyles just like everyone else does.

Ok !! I dont have a problem to see afro hairstyles but I want more straight,wavy,and curly hairstyles than afro!! And I think we already got and we will continue to get afro textured hairstyles. We got get to work with many black people hair. All kids hairstyles was afro and we also got many afro and black people shaved texture hairs! So people dont complain!!
    xyIcMqt.png
  • Lady_chelleyLady_chelley Posts: 223 Member
    i am having a issue with that lack of nice black hair styles in the game.. and the fact that i cant even find cc black hair out there.. i would like ea to know that black people actually play your game too.. add more hair styles for black people!!

Funny, I was going through the same thing earlier today. Hunting for Afro-American type hairstyles.
    I actually found some that I like. One of my favorites was this braided style

w-600h-450-2588246.jpg

thesimsresource.com/downloads/details/category/sims4-hair-hairstyles-female/title/nightcrawler-sparks/id/1295249/#2qBo5UzgOg0WKEj8.01
    11722121_959296777467044_6387432473986402588_o.jpg