Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

african american cc hair

i am having a issue with that lack of nice black hair styles in the game.. and the fact that i cant even find cc black hair out there.. i would like ea to know that black people actually play your game too.. add more hair styles for black people!!

Comments

• MasonGamerMasonGamer Posts: 8,851 Member
    Understandable. I'm half white so I lucked out and got my father's hair. lol
    Realm of Magic:

My Mood:

tumblr_nlbf3b0Jyb1qkheaxo5_250.gif
  • sweetface44sweetface44 Posts: 2,958 Member
    MasonGamer wrote: »
    i am talking about sims hair for black people with out mixed textures

• jackjack_kjackjack_k Posts: 8,601 Member

They have Braids, Shaved Hair and an Afro. Are there other hairstyles you're thinking of?
    jackjack_k wrote: »
    They have Braids, Shaved Hair and an Afro. Are there other hairstyles you're thinking of?
    yes like curly fros and different style braids and dredlocks they even took those away from male sims in sims 4

• MasonGamerMasonGamer Posts: 8,851 Member
    MasonGamer wrote: »
    i am talking about sims hair for black people with out mixed textures

I know I'm just saying it was easy for me to find my kind of hair style in the game.
    yes like curly fros and different style braids and dredlocks they even took those away from male sims in sims 4

wait they took them away? why?
    Realm of Magic:

My Mood:

tumblr_nlbf3b0Jyb1qkheaxo5_250.gif
  • HephaestionHephaestion Posts: 1,445 Member
    i thought that there were dreadlocks in the sims 4. but maybe i'm thinking of a better game.
  • jackjack_kjackjack_k Posts: 8,601 Member
    edited January 2015

The Fro's in the game, are "curly" it's just the artstyle sucks for curly detail.

And in terms of different styled braids, the base game basically caters to one hairstyle per "style" so basically one Pixie Cut, One shaved head, One Long pony Tail, one Pigtail style, One Curly, One Braids, One Wavy (I could go on lmao)
    There will probably be more Braid hair styles in the future :)

Dreadocks will probably come with a "Island" themed EP, like it normally does :)

That's pretty much the best advice right now.
  • fullspiralfullspiral Posts: 14,717 Member
    @blewis823 gave me a link to a really good male hair. I can't find it on my computer so I probably just installed it and lost the link. Maybe she will post it here for you.
  • blewis823blewis823 Posts: 9,046 Member
    edited January 2015
    @sweetface44, this has always been an issue for me, Sims 3 started making a few available from the store but I have always had to depend on the CC community to provide what I want. :) I follow this tumblr, he has a few male styles and follow other tumblrs with lots of CC for a more urban look. Some I like, some not so much. (I hope linking to tumblr will not be a problem]

I also use this MTS creator's Sims 4 conversions, Esmeralda. I trust her work, been a fan since Sims 2. When I think of more, I will post them, if you like.

EDIT: Truth be told, they always make us pay for anything decent, it will never be part of the base. Look at that fro. LOL
    Nothing to see. I don't even care about the forums.
    blewis823 wrote: »
    @sweetface44, this has always been an issue for me, Sims 3 started making a few available from the store but I have always had to depend on the CC community to provide what I want. :) I follow this tumblr, he has a few male styles and follow other tumblrs with lots of CC for a more urban look. Some I like, some not so much. (I hope linking to tumblr will not be a problem]

I also use this MTS creator's Sims 4 conversions, Esmeralda. I trust her work, been a fan since Sims 2. When I think of more, I will post them, if you like.

EDIT: Truth be told, they always make us pay for anything decent, it will never be part of the base. Look at that fro. LOL
    thanks so much i will try that.

fullspiral wrote: »
    @blewis823 gave me a link to a really good male hair. I can't find it on my computer so I probably just installed it and lost the link. Maybe she will post it here for you.
    thank you i will see what i can find

• Sha2520032003Sha2520032003 Posts: 2,258 Member
    i am having a issue with that lack of nice black hair styles in the game.. and the fact that i cant even find cc black hair out there.. i would like ea to know that black people actually play your game too.. add more hair styles for black people!!

What hairstyles would you like to see?
  • Hinnoriel Hinnoriel Posts: 118 Member
    I know you didn't mean anything by it but there are many many more styles that black people can wear their hair and besides Afros and braids I myself don't wear my hair in any of those styles. We're talking about curls different types and styles of bouncy voluminous curls and waves

comewhatmaysignature1_zps04fe51b2.jpg
  • KamentariKamentari Posts: 19 Member
    edited January 2015
    Agreed! I love creating sims from different backgrounds, but the hair they have for black people just doesn't cut it. Create more hair for black people!
  • adniram00adniram00 Posts: 167 Member
    edited January 2015
    @sweetface44 I totally agree. :D I would like to see a more diversity In the hair styles. I mean they have all the possibilities of skin color why not hair? It seems some are looking for specifics. The mom from blackish is the first that comes to mind. Plus what happened to the long braids from sims 3 and I believe 2 also. Reminded me of Alicia keys.
  • Blue BelleBlue Belle Posts: 1 New Member
    Why is there so few afro american hair and skin in the sims 4? This really annoying :( .. If I knew how to make mods.... I tried with all the tutorials I saw but I was never able achieve one :'( .
  • angelface438612angelface438612 Posts: 51 Member
    i wish i could make hairs because i hate not having "ethnic" or "urban" hairs
  • lovlyblovlyb Posts: 968 Member

I feel you on this, I thought I was alone and it isnt any nice black hair style in game or cc. I think they too need to make more black hair and that arfo is ugly and dont look right thats in the game.
  • SarahsShadySarahsShady Posts: 963 Member
    The afros in this game are terrible looking, lol.
    giphy.gif

Please Bring Back Toddlers, Realistic Teenagers and Create a World.
    Make the Sims (4) Great Again<3

• IMISCHAIMISCHA Posts: 2 New Member
    I'M VERY MIXED BUT I HAVE CRAZY TIGHT PUFFY SPIRAL CURLS THAT TURNS TO AN AFRO IF COMB IT. I WOULD LIKE MY SIM TO AT LEAST LOOK A LITTLE LIKE ME AND IF I WANNA MAKE A BLACK SIM TO REPRESENT ME I WOULD LIKE THE ABILITY TO DO SO. I DON'T BELIEVE IN STRAIGHTENING MY HAIR ON A DAILY BASIS. I REALLY ONLY DO THAT ON VERY RARE OCCASIONS. I FIND IT KIND OF OFFENSIVE HOW MANY GAMES HAVE A LACK OF ETHNIC BASED FEATURES FOR THOSE OF BLACK DESCENT. I LOVE MY BLACK FEATURES AND MY FIANCE IS A VERY DARK TRINIDADIAN WITH DREADS. IT WOULD BE NICE TO BE ABLE TO MAKE A SIM THAT REPRESENTS HIM BUT I CAN'T. I SHOULDN'T HAVE TO WAIT FOR AN ISLAND THEMED EXPANSION TO COME OUR TO BE ABLE TO HAVE A SIM THAT LOOKS LIKE MY FIANCE IN THE GAME. WE SPEND ENOUGH MONEY ON THE GAME WITHOUT HAVING TO BUY AN EXPANSION TO HAVE VARIETY WITH OUR SIMS ETHNICITIES. PLEASE FIX THIS ISSUE FAST.

> @sweetface44 said:
    > MasonGamer wrote: »
    >
    > Understandable. I'm half white so I lucked out and got my father's hair. lol
    >
    >
    >
    > i am talking about sims hair for black people with out mixed textures
  • IMISCHAIMISCHA Posts: 2 New Member
    BTW, @MasonGamer YOU DIDN'T LUCK OUT WITH YOUR FATHER'S HAIR. YOU JUST GOT HIS HAIR GENES. ONE ISN'T UNLUCKY TO END UP WITH MORE ETHNIC HAIR. BEING MIXED YOU SHOULD BE ABLE TO UNDERSTAND BIASIS BASED ON YOUR ETHNICITIES. DON'T DOWNPLAY YOUR HERITAGE JUST BECAUSE OTHERS FEEL ONE SIDE IS BETTER THAN THE OTHER CUZ ITS NOT.

> @MasonGamer said:
    > Understandable. I'm half white so I lucked out and got my father's hair. lol
  • John_SalonicaJohn_Salonica Posts: 353 Member
    Sorry but they didnt add many afro hairstyles because no one would pay for a stuff pack to get afro hairstyles!
    xyIcMqt.png
  • meridianheartsmeridianhearts Posts: 22 Member
    I would love for more diversity hairstyles and accessories. There are sooo many styles from so many cultures. I don't mean EA has to choose all of them, but it'd be nice if they made an effort to create some of them. Oh well.
    i am beginning to think that robots work at EA.
  • pepperjax1230pepperjax1230 Posts: 7,953 Member
    i am beginning to think that robots work at EA.
    So you work there? Why not search on MTS or TSR for that?

tenor.gif?itemid=5228641