Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Best Screen Recorder For the Sims 3 and Sims 4 for free?

Hello there fellow Simmers, so if you checked out my other forum post I was asking about upgrading my laptop, well the reason being is for a YouTube channel I plan on starting consisting of the Sims 3 and 4, so I would like to know of any good screen recorders with no Lag but is completely free. Help?

Comments

• Options
    pinkieposhpinkieposh Posts: 241 Member
    Try Open Broadcaster Software. Easy to use and it's free.
    tumblr_phvdhrrkdl1qcy6v1o1_r2_540.png
    My Page My Simblr My Studio
    My YouTube Channel
  • Options
    KuMoGamingKuMoGaming Posts: 1 New Member
    I tried using OBS but it doesn't work for Windows 8 or 10, I don't know about 7, it will record but not in full screen mode and will just be a black screen.WARNING!!!Does anyone know any other free recording software for Sims 3 for my Youtube Channel!(The name of it is my user!)
  • Options
    TreyNutzTreyNutz Posts: 5,780 Member
    Did you try the OBS Multiplatform version? That's the newest and the version that's under development. It was just updated Dec. 4. It works quite well for me in Windows 7.

I tried Nvidia's Shadowplay but the video came out very dark with over saturated colors.

I don't know of other free game recording software. You'll have to do an internet search, or get one of the paid options.
  • Options
    Abster04YTAbster04YT Posts: 3 New Member
    lol thnx ppl i was looking for a recording software for my sims series coming out soon on YT xD thnxxxxx
  • Options
    Abster04YTAbster04YT Posts: 3 New Member
    YT stands for Youtube :) in case yu didnt kno
    :smile:
  • Options
    BreazonaBreazona Posts: 1,335 Member
    I, too, have heard great things about OBS. If you can't figure that out I would suggest finding a youtube tutorial on how to set it up. Fraps probably has a free trial..
    sims 2&3 my beloved♥
  • Options
    meda02meda02 Posts: 1 New Member
    hi! I am getting problems when I try to stop recording... The recording video is there, but it is just some seconds long... really frustrating, cause I did I whole video, and it was about 1 hour long... what is the problem? Can I fix it?
  • Options
    McToshMcTosh Posts: 638 Member
    KuMoGaming wrote: »
    I tried using OBS but it doesn't work for Windows 8 or 10, I don't know about 7, it will record but not in full screen mode and will just be a black screen.WARNING!!!Does anyone know any other free recording software for Sims 3 for my Youtube Channel!(The name of it is my user!)

I use OBS and it works just fine on Windows 10. Not sure why it's not working for you, are you downloading the right one? It's pretty simple to setup. OBS is quite taxing on the CPU though but you can alleviate it for a substantial loss in quality.

If you have an AMD card though just use Radeon's own recorder. It's very lightweight, decent compression that doesn't lose much quality with a reasonable size. It should be there in your taskbar.

If not AMD there's always Plays.tv recorder which is free, Loli game recorder which is free though I've never used it so can't attest for its quality.

Other than that the only other decent viable options are Bandicam and Fraps but these can be CPU-taxing and unlike OBS there's not much you can do to alleviate it so might not be much good on a laptop.
    ewb7fssg3zet.pngingame: commandermctosh feel free to add ;D
  • Options
    AvliassAvliass Posts: 8 New Member
    Xbox Game DVR is good. It can do some simple recordings. Sometimes I would also use Joyoshare Screen Recorder if I decide to capture games for several hours without lag and then edit them directly after recording.
  • Options
    EA_JozEA_Joz Posts: 3,164 EA Staff (retired)
    Hello everyone, please remember that necroposting is against the rules. I've gone ahead and closed the thread.

Please review our Posting Rules & Guidelines here:

https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/categories/forum-rules

~EA_Joz
This discussion has been closed.
Return to top