Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Sims 2

dogdancerdogdancer Posts: 447 Member
I hope that this is the right spot to post this. I would like to know if there's any place where I can download the Sims 2 for free? Do they still have that free download on Origin? Also, is it compatible with Windows 7? The reason I ask this is because I've never played Sims 2 and from what I've read on this forum and other Sims forums, it would be fun to play. Thanks in advance for any advice that's given.

Comments

• Options
    GodlikeGodlike Posts: 305 Member
    Hi :)

Some people have been lucky by contacting EA support and still got their Ultimate Collection to be redeemed on Origin and yes it will work on Windows 7 just fine!
    Lift me up - Let me go
  • Options
    @Godlike. Hopefully, I can get a download of Sims 2 from Origin. I'm not sure about the other websites offering it and Amazon wants money for a hard disk of it.
  • Options
    edited January 2015
    Grrr... I checked Origin online and I guess I can't get Sims 2 for free from Origin. I suppose I'll have to order it from Amazon. From what I read on Amazon, it's not playable on Windows 7, though.
  • Options
    GodlikeGodlike Posts: 305 Member
    dogdancer wrote: »
    @Godlike. Hopefully, I can get a download of Sims 2 from Origin. I'm not sure about the other websites offering it and Amazon wants money for a hard disk of it.

You can't get it in the store anymore as an offer no. However some people have had luck by contacting Origin and got an activation for it on their account anyway.

Hope this helps!
    Lift me up - Let me go
  • Options
    ModerateOspreyModerateOsprey Posts: 4,875 Member
    I am pretty sure you can't get it for free, but you can find the cheapest base version out there and EA support will upgrade it to the UC for free.
    Awake.
    Shake dreams from your hair
    My pretty child, my sweet one.
    Choose the day and choose the sign of your day
    The day's divinity....
    The Ghost Song - Jim Morrison
  • Options
    SkyePliskenSkyePlisken Posts: 33 Member
    I agree with Godlike, contact customer support and just ask - what's the worst they could say, no?

A few months ago EA gave The Sims 2 Ultimate Collection for free to anyone who redeemed a code on their Origin client.
  • Options
    edited January 2015
    I am pretty sure you can't get it for free, but you can find the cheapest base version out there and EA support will upgrade it to the UC for free.

I just selected the call back and left my mobile number..someone called within about 30 minutes, was really helpful. He actually asked me if I minded that he was going to give me all this free stuff!
    Awake.
    The day's divinity....
  • Options
    nilaniusnilanius Posts: 1,984 Member
    They should honestly, go ahead and put that on the origin store under the on the house deals permanently. Lot of people want that game.
    tumblr_static_plumbob.gif
    My current feelings about The Sims 4. Here is hoping The Sims 5 can restore The Sims franchise.
  • Options
    nilanius wrote: »
    They should honestly, go ahead and put that on the origin store under the on the house deals permanently. Lot of people want that game.

Dunno why they stopped selling it, TBH. I have just started to play it properly and it is an outstanding game.

But yeah, give a copy to every buyer of Sims 4. Also throw in a Sims 3 bundle deal and they may as well give us a Sims 1 while they are at it :smile:
    Awake.
    The day's divinity....
  • Options
    xBob18xBob18 Posts: 7,893 Member
    I want TS1! I want to experience the true Sims classic.
    oh3cjs.jpg
  • Options
    icmnfrshicmnfrsh Posts: 18,789 Member
    edited January 2015
    nilanius wrote: »

YES. I still have EVERYTHING I bought for TS2 over the years, but I can't understand why they can't make the Ultimate Collection a permanent store item. EA would make ALL THE MONEY selling a digital product that they finished making years ago. And if there's anything EA loves, it's money. c:

TS2 runs fine on later machines. However, for the most recent graphics cards your sims will have black boxes as shadows whenever they're indoors. Also, the game may think your graphics card is low-end (because it keeps an outdated list of graphics cards) so the graphics quality won't be as good as it can be. There are minor fixes for those online (although the box shadows can only be turned off, not fixed).

Nothing game-breaking, though. If you can get past those, you'll be fine.
    Don't manhandle the urchin. He's not for sale. FIND YOUR OWN! - Xenon the Antiquarian, Dragon Age II

Race Against the Clock: Can your elder sim turn back the clock before their time runs out?
  • Options
    edited January 2015
    It just fired it up and itran on my Windows 8.1 machine and was immediately playable, but I did do a little minor surgery to get my HD resolution and to fix the above issues.

I am running it on a plasma TV and it looks fantastic.
    Awake.
    The day's divinity....
  • Options
    Anyone out there have trouble playing Sims 2 on Windows 64bit? My PC's OS is that and I read online that there are problems playing on a Windows 64bit computer.
  • Options
    winterlocwinterloc Posts: 348 Member
    Hi dogdancer,
    I have windows 7 professional 64bit. I have no problem and no problem with black boxes. My game plays awesome no crashes, no lag nothing. Just the sweet sensation of playing Sims1, Sims 2, Sims 3. However Sims 4 is another story. :D

Your simmy friend,
    Winterloc B)
  • Options
    Thanks for the info winterloc. I guess I'll seriously think about getting Sims 2.
  • Options
    Linds_the_kittyLinds_the_kitty Posts: 565 Member
    edited May 2017
    Oops, posted on an old thread. Sorry for the inconvenience.
    Post edited by Linds_the_kitty on