Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Way to make swimmable/fishing pond! :)

I am having SO MUCH fun building a pond/swimming pool that you can swim in and fish in. All you have to do is use MOO and the following mod which has buyable fishing spots:

http://www.modthesims.info/download.php?t=536634

Turn your move objects on cheat (bb.moveobjects) You then build a swimming pool the size of your choice and add the fishing spot signs on the sides to spawn the fish in your swimming pool. You will see them splashing around and everything! I added tons of plantlife and shrubbery to make it look more like a pond. I also used a dark wall and floor covering.

Comments

• samwise317samwise317 Posts: 1 New Member
    where do you get the fishing signs themselves?
  • bshag4lvbshag4lv Posts: 9,374 Member
    Hi, I'd try buydebug...might have them in there. I'm going to be looking, sounds like a neat idea. :)
    In my house, dog hair sticks to everything but the dog.
  • abbyo48870abbyo48870 Posts: 166 Member
    You're right, they are in the debug items.
    EiEgvr2.gif
  • BryonyRaeBryonyRae Posts: 5,181 Member
    You don't need the mod. The ponds are available in debug if you type in bb.showhiddenobjects.
    Visit my blog to see my creations: http://bryscreations.wordpress.com or search the gallery by my OriginID or #bryscreations
  • noodlesandmenoodlesandme Posts: 188 Member
    alan650111 wrote: »
    I am having SO MUCH fun building a pond/swimming pool that you can swim in and fish in. All you have to do is use MOO and the following mod which has buyable fishing spots:

http://www.modthesims.info/download.php?t=536634

Turn your move objects on cheat (bb.moveobjects) You then build a swimming pool the size of your choice and add the fishing spot signs on the sides to spawn the fish in your swimming pool. You will see them splashing around and everything! I added tons of plantlife and shrubbery to make it look more like a pond. I also used a dark wall and floor covering.

That sounds better than my method of placing a fishing pond within the pool, which limits the actual swimming area. I'll give this a try! :)
  • ScobreScobre Posts: 20,665 Member
    Cool, sounds fishy. Yeah I'll probably try debug method too.
    “Although the world is full of suffering, it is full also of the overcoming of it.” –Helen Keller
  • Sickkid1010Sickkid1010 Posts: 4 New Member
    :s I am on the sims 3 and it says bb.showhiddenobjects is not a thing. I might need the mod!
  • Sickkid1010Sickkid1010 Posts: 4 New Member
    > @Sickkid1010 said:
    > :s I am on the sims 3 and it says bb.showhiddenobjects is not a thing. I might need the mod!

UPDATE: The mod is for TS4, therefore i cannot turn it into one!
  • LumiastaLumiasta Posts: 171 Member
    Any pool in Sims 4 can be turned to fishing as well by just adding those fishing signs from buydebug, aka first testingcheats true, then bb.showhiddenobjects and then a lot of scrolling since there's a lot of things there. If you like the actual pools as a look and want just fishing ponds (no swimming) on a lot, they're there too as complete ponds. But if you have your heart set on swimming, then build a pool and add fishing signs, works like a charm! (Just recently did this for my Stray Haven.)