Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

What careers NEED to be added to The Sims 4

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0 New Member
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • stilljustme2stilljustme2 Posts: 25,082 Member
    MasonGamer wrote: »
    A new one I want is my sim to be a Simtube Vlogger, I want him to have a gaming channel
    the job can be for Teenagers—Elders
    Branches: Gaming, Beauty (of players choice Cosmetics, Bodybuilding, Fashion), Entertainment (Film, Comedy, and Music).

They unlock equipment like a GoPRO, dual/triple screen Computers, better video cameras and cameras on tripods. recording systems. Bring what was introduced in the Sims Freeplay Fashion Designing hobby and make clothes. more work out equipment, Sims a new interaction with mirrors, "Touch up" so guy they run their hands through their hair, apply skin cream. ladies can "apply" lipstick, concealer, and mascara. it doesn't show but it boosts Hygiene and Fun for people who are into all of this. and new entertaining interactions, a building a recoding studio to sing, play instruments, edit tracks and write songs. comedy they can already write skits, or a funny bit, but yeah, how bout a new Sarcasm Trait?
    and you don't have to be in those jobs for the interactions but you can also "learn how to..." do new things on a Slab or Computer.
    I like this idea. It makes no sense that you have to be a programmer for quite a while before you can become a pro gamer.

The other problem is that they made the "Tech Guru" career gaming-oriented to wedge in the gamer career as an option. I want to be Bill Gates, not Nolan Bushnell.

There's the Start-Up Entrepreneur track -- maybe they could tweak that a bit again to make it less gaming oriented. (Been a while since I've had a Sim at that level; I've got one that's at Development Captain so I can check the requirements for Start-Up Entrepreneur if I put off his quitting his job to be an outdoors fanatic.)
    Check out my Gallery! Origin ID: justme22
    Fun must be always -- Tomas Hertl (San Jose Sharks hockey player)
  • SmokeyBearzSmokeyBearz Posts: 1,138 Member
    Fashion Model. But there was a lot of arguing on this subject before.
    People said it was an objectifying career. Models shouldn't be role models (but playing a criminal mastermind is okay). And beauty is apparently not universal. Some are attracted to curvy people, some to skinny, so the game shouldn't have the authority to tell us what's beautiful and what's not.

And I think Paranormal Investigator could be a quirky career.
    It could be an active career and function a little like the TS3 detective career.
    Daily tasks would include research on paranormal with the computer, search the sky for ufos on the telescope, analyze the soil on ufo landing sites, investigate rumors, interrogate witnesses and come up with conspiracies, set up cameras in haunted rooms and analyze the recordings, host a personal website to archive all our experiences, etc...
  • SpuddlySpuddly Posts: 1 New Member
    > @luthienrising said:
    > I hope that whatever they add as active careers they also give those of us who don't want active careers a way to play them the usual non-active way. I'd like my Sims to be able to be fire fighters or detectives or doctors etc. without me having to play them all the way through every day at work.
    >
    > And I agree that it's always been weird to become a doctor without going to college. I'd like to see some careers come with a college EP, and be playable only at some lower levels, maybe, if your Sim doesn't go to college.
    >
    > Anyway, I want to see:
    > Business
    > Athlete
    > Doctor/Medical Researcher
    > Teacher/Child Care
    > Slacker
    > Acting/Directing
    > Politics/Activism
    > Fashion/Modelling

I agree. If you want your Sim to become a doctor they have to attend school. I would also like to see a self-employed mechanic. If you wanted your Sim to own a Pet Shop you could turn your Sim into a business man/woman, so that they would have more success, or options when owning a store. They could either go to school, or research how to be successful.

I would like to see:

1. Actress/Actor
    2. Teacher (you can choose which grade you want to teach)
    3. Self Employed
    4. Journalist/free lance photographer
    5. Archeologist
    6. Hairstylist
    7. Doctor/Nurse
    8. Gardener (work in a nursery)
    9. Nanny/Housekeeper/Pet watching
    10. Landlord
    11. Farmer
    12. Psychic
    13. Con-Artist
    14. Chief
    15. Construction Worker
    16. Professor
    17. Mechanic
  • SnaveXsSnaveXs Posts: 4,322 Member
    Transportation Drivers but I think the game should allow Sims to actually work some of these jobs. It would have Truck Driver, School bus driver, Taxi cab driver and Chauffeur. I think playable Sims in this career track should be generated as NPC to work. Instead of having a bunch of NPC drivers who aren't part of the actual neighborhood. Driving people around would give the Sims a relationship boost and increase social if they are talking in the car on the way to lots.
  • boguczed1boguczed1 Posts: 170 Member
    Mechanic, Salesperson, Teacher, Politics, Acting, Botanist, Scientist, Inventor, Psychologist, Paranormal from TS1, Journalist, Animal Care, and Circus from TS1.
  • boguczed1boguczed1 Posts: 170 Member
    Oh and Medical.
  • CinderellimouseCinderellimouse Posts: 19,380 Member
    People said it was an objectifying career. Models shouldn't be role models (but playing a criminal mastermind is okay). And beauty is apparently not universal. Some are attracted to curvy people, some to skinny, so the game shouldn't have the authority to tell us what's beautiful and what's not.

Yeah but since the player can make their own sim, in their own concept of 'beauty' I don't see an issue with it. Modelling actually serves a purpose: the models are displaying the product (the clothes) to potential buyers. Sure, designers could just walk up the catwalk with the clothes on a hanger (no jokes!) but that won't show the drape and movement of the fabric and cut. Now, if you're taking about beauty pageants, I would agree that these are more likely to objectify people.

I think modelling is fine as long as the gurus are careful about how they approach it. If they focus on the skill of the model perhaps, rather than the looks. So a notification might read:

'Congratulations, Betty has mastered the art of contorting her body into unnatural poses that look weird in real life but GREAT on camera.'

'Bob knows how to strut his stuff on the catwalk. He has so much charisma that he has been announced the next Big Thing!'

'Turning up to work in a foul mood might be acceptable at higher levels, but throwing a diva-tantrum we you are a lowly catalogue model is not going to get you more work. You're fired!'

I know these aren't great, but hopefully I get the idea across that the game can focus more on the skills and mood of a sim, rather than the appearance. I think it would be acceptable to use the charisma and athletic skills. The athletic skill can be used to promote the health, fitness, and umm... flexibility(?) of a model, rather than the way their body looks. Actually, if the game encouraged sims to be healthy, exercise and eat right, that's a positive thing!

This way, it doesn't matter which sim we use... we could use a sim in a bear suit for all the game would care! The game wouldn't be telling us what is beautiful and what is not, it would be focused on the technical skill, health and charisma of the sims.

It's an interesting point though, and I'm glad you raised it.
  • Kaylen34Kaylen34 Posts: 78 Member
    Military, Medical and firefighter careers would be cool. but would like them to have more than just two branches.
  • RhiaSimRhiaSim Posts: 37 Member
    Education with an open school would be so awesome.
  • RhiaSimRhiaSim Posts: 37 Member
    Car Mechanic with an open mechanic shop.
  • Noita_0Noita_0 Posts: 5 New Member
    Lawyer and military.
  • SimvsSimSimvsSim Posts: 5 New Member
    I would love too see these jobs

1) Firefighter
    2) Swat
    3) Ship Captain
    4) Pilot

And All 4 of those would be super cool to play them! not like the base game jobs :smiley:
  • MovottiMovotti Posts: 7,774 Member
    edited July 2016

Yeah but since the player can make their own sim, in their own concept of 'beauty' I don't see an issue with it. Modelling actually serves a purpose: the models are displaying the product (the clothes) to potential buyers. Sure, designers could just walk up the catwalk with the clothes on a hanger (no jokes!) but that won't show the drape and movement of the fabric and cut. Now, if you're taking about beauty pageants, I would agree that these are more likely to objectify people.

I think modelling is fine as long as the gurus are careful about how they approach it. If they focus on the skill of the model perhaps, rather than the looks. So a notification might read:

'Congratulations, Betty has mastered the art of contorting her body into unnatural poses that look weird in real life but GREAT on camera.'

'Bob knows how to strut his stuff on the catwalk. He has so much charisma that he has been announced the next Big Thing!'

'Turning up to work in a foul mood might be acceptable at higher levels, but throwing a diva-tantrum we you are a lowly catalogue model is not going to get you more work. You're fired!'

I know these aren't great, but hopefully I get the idea across that the game can focus more on the skills and mood of a sim, rather than the appearance. I think it would be acceptable to use the charisma and athletic skills. The athletic skill can be used to promote the health, fitness, and umm... flexibility(?) of a model, rather than the way their body looks. Actually, if the game encouraged sims to be healthy, exercise and eat right, that's a positive thing!

This way, it doesn't matter which sim we use... we could use a sim in a bear suit for all the game would care! The game wouldn't be telling us what is beautiful and what is not, it would be focused on the technical skill, health and charisma of the sims.

It's an interesting point though, and I'm glad you raised it.
    I like your notification ideas.

There are many aspects of modeling.
    Foot model
    Hand model
    Fit model (for trialing garments, before they get manufactured)
    Hair model
    Art model
    Catalogue model
    Promo model
    Print model
    Runway model
    Editorial Fashion Model

Look at that. 10 levels for the modeling career.
    irl there are models of many sizes. There are plus sized, petit, older and alt, so there's no reason any sim can't be a model.

Edit: just though of how comical it would be for a bald sim having a job as a hair model.
    AmusingExhaustedArchaeopteryx-max-1mb.gif
  • MyndrunnerMyndrunner Posts: 86 Member
    I'd like to see Teacher, Military, and Political careers added. Also, I would like for the Entertainment career to be enhanced so that you can reach a certain "celebrity" level and put on shows.
  • tammer400tammer400 Posts: 647 Member
    vetaniarian
  • MovottiMovotti Posts: 7,774 Member
    Talk show host.
    AmusingExhaustedArchaeopteryx-max-1mb.gif
  • OxanaPihlajamaaOxanaPihlajamaa Posts: 153 Member
    Political career was quite appealing to me, but I would definitely love to have the teacher career.
  • aceflamingo26aceflamingo26 Posts: 27 Member
    welfare recipient
  • emeraldirish88emeraldirish88 Posts: 29 Member
    I think they should do one like what they did in the Sims Superstar where you can progress to becoming a successful model, movie star, singer, or comedian. And have recording booths, stages, talent nights etc.
    I also think that there should be a career options of being either an animal whisperer or veterinarian
  • aprilroseaprilrose Posts: 1,832 Member
    Realtor, Teacher, Lawyer, Interior Designer, Model, Singer, photographer, political, self-employed, advertising
    Simming for 19 years!
    Family Tree
    Playing Mod & CC Free

• _Renasaurus__Renasaurus_ Posts: 4 New Member
    Law enforcement, scientist, and medical are in the get to work expansion...
  • vergil7vergil7 Posts: 106 Member
    all career that exist in this world
    I think there should be a college campus on sims 4 and there be a career as a college professor