Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

What careers NEED to be added to The Sims 4

Chezzy01Chezzy01 Posts: 9 New Member
edited January 2015 in The Sims 4 Ideas Corner
I was surprised to see all the new careers that were added to ts4 however after some time of playing, I grew board and nostalgic for the original careers. I was shocked to see only the cooking and painting careers were added the ts4, and even though business and athletic careers where FINALLY added we still need the originals. In no particular order:

1) Medical
2) Military
3) Scientist
4) Law Enforcement
5) Educational
6) Political

Feel free to add anything I've forgotten or any careers you would like to have come back to ts4.

Comments

• Sanriel85Sanriel85 Posts: 362 Member
    I think there is criminal career just the name its diffrent.
  • IgnitedTobi1IgnitedTobi1 Posts: 926 Member
    Political was my favorite, so I'm hoping they bring that back soon but change it up a bit. :)
  • colton147colton147 Posts: 9,663 Member
    edited January 2015
    1. Stylist
    2. Architectural Designer
    3. Education
    4. Singer
    5. Self-Employed

**At the OP: The criminal and law enforcement careers are already in the game. ;)

EDIT: The Secret Agent is basically the Law Enforcement career but with a different name. The Criminal career is still the same, but with different branches.
  • NOVEMBER_11SARAHNOVEMBER_11SARAH Posts: 767 Member
    Lawyer
    Slacker career from ts2

New Zealand!!!
    I have dyslexia so my grammar sucks.
    Sim Story:
    https://smfblog11.wordpress.com/
    Simblr:
    http://thestrangenessofstrangetown.tumblr.com/
  • fullspiralfullspiral Posts: 14,717 Member
    There already is a criminal career.

I don't play careers much, so it doesn't matter to me what they add. I'm sure they will add more with each EP based on what the ep is about.
  • icmnfrshicmnfrsh Posts: 18,789 Member
    The career I'm waiting for the most is medical. Scientist, military, and educational are also good.

I wouldn't mind if medical came with a university feature though, because it never made sense to me why sims in TS2 could be a doctor without a degree, but need to graduate college to enter showbiz. (Well, medical came with the base game and showbiz in University, but it's still kind of puzzling)
    Don't manhandle the urchin. He's not for sale. FIND YOUR OWN! - Xenon the Antiquarian, Dragon Age II

Race Against the Clock: Can your elder sim turn back the clock before their time runs out?
  • metalfenix_Rafmetalfenix_Raf Posts: 536 Member
    I want to see law enforcement so badly...and as for new careers, maybe a tattoo artist one? it would be awesome.
    Want to see my sims? find me in the Gallery by my Origin ID: metalfenix_Raf

Want to see the Custom Content CAS Pieces I created? Check ModTheSims, Sims 4 Studio Forums
  • IgnitedTobi1IgnitedTobi1 Posts: 926 Member
    I want to see law enforcement so badly...and as for new careers, maybe a tattoo artist one? it would be awesome.

Tattoo artist would be so cool.
  • CinderellimouseCinderellimouse Posts: 19,380 Member
    Chezzy01 wrote: »
    I was surprised to see all the new careers that were added to ts4 however after some time of playing, I grew board and nostalgic for the original careers. I was shocked to see only the cooking and painting careers were added the ts4, and even though business and athletic careers where FINALLY added we still need the originals. In no particular order:

1) Medical
    2) Military
    3) Scientist
    4) Law Enforcement
    5) Educational
    6) Political

Feel free to add anything I've forgotten or any careers you would like to have come back to ts4.

I would be very pleased to have these careers back. It's pretty much the list I wold have requested as a priority.

I'd also like things like fashion designer, photographer, singer, actor, model and promotions/advertising. But I think these would work well together in a Showtime/Superstar type expansion.
  • AyumapAyumap Posts: 3,425 Member
    In addition to the ones you've listed I'd really like teen jobs to be available for adults and be more fleshed out. Not everyone has an amazing career and I feel like the part time jobs would fit some sims better. (I know there's a mod to get teen jobs for adults, but I'd rather Maxis add them themselves along with some tweeks)

But if it had to be new a new job all together I'd want to have Teaching. Really I'd like my sim to be a baker too but we have the "generic" chef so that's probably the closest I'll get.
    2m60a6q.jpg
    *There's nothing wrong with loving the Sims 4, there's also nothing wrong with seeking improvements.
    A list of Mods I use.|My Sims 4 Mod and CC "Master" post. Helpful Links included.
  • mwdonohuemwdonohue Posts: 3,307 Member
    colton147 wrote: »
    1. Stylist
    2. Architectural Designer
    3. Education
    4. Singer
    5. Self-Employed

**At the OP: The criminal and law enforcement careers are already in the game. ;)

EDIT: The Secret Agent is basically the Law Enforcement career but with a different name. The Criminal career is still the same, but with different branches.

You forgot the Justine Keaton fan club career.
  • NOVEMBER_11SARAHNOVEMBER_11SARAH Posts: 767 Member
    The Fashion Career, like in Sims 1 as well.
    New Zealand!!!
    I have dyslexia so my grammar sucks.
    Sim Story:
    https://smfblog11.wordpress.com/
    Simblr:
    http://thestrangenessofstrangetown.tumblr.com/
  • Biggos6Biggos6 Posts: 412 Member
    I think I know why they didn't add the Medicine and Science career if the leaks are anything to go by ;)
  • MasonGamerMasonGamer Posts: 8,851 Member
    A new one I want is my sim to be a Simtube Vlogger, I want him to have a gaming channel
    the job can be for Teenagers—Elders
    Branches: Gaming, Beauty (of players choice Cosmetics, Bodybuilding, Fashion), Entertainment (Film, Comedy, and Music).

They unlock equipment like a GoPRO, dual/triple screen Computers, better video cameras and cameras on tripods. recording systems. Bring what was introduced in the Sims Freeplay Fashion Designing hobby and make clothes. more work out equipment, Sims a new interaction with mirrors, "Touch up" so guy they run their hands through their hair, apply skin cream. ladies can "apply" lipstick, concealer, and mascara. it doesn't show but it boosts Hygiene and Fun for people who are into all of this. and new entertaining interactions, a building a recoding studio to sing, play instruments, edit tracks and write songs. comedy they can already write skits, or a funny bit, but yeah, how bout a new Sarcasm Trait?
    and you don't have to be in those jobs for the interactions but you can also "learn how to..." do new things on a Slab or Computer.
    Realm of Magic:

My Mood:

tumblr_nlbf3b0Jyb1qkheaxo5_250.gif
  • mortiamortia Posts: 1,155 Member
    Chezzy01 wrote: »

1) Medical
    2) Military
    3) Scientist
    4) Law Enforcement
    5) Educational
    6) Political

I'd really just like to see the "normal" careers back, pretty much everything you listed above :smile: I like my game to be as close to normal life as possible and I like my Sims to follow average joe career paths. Astronauts and Comedians are fun once in a while, but I will almost always choose a Doctor or Teacher above all the other fancy options.
  • SenbreSenbre Posts: 997 Member
    edited January 2015
    I want medical and educational to be active career (profession) .
  • EllessarrEllessarr Posts: 2,795 Member
    i would love to see
    martial artist
    medical
    policemna
    fireman
    private detective
    scientist
    educational
    political
    lawyer
    judge
    postman
    gardeneer
    repairman
    restaurant cooker
    bartender
    deejay
    singer
    ice cream vendor
    actor/actress
    tumblr_mfiuwmQOLI1qgap4ho1_500.gif
  • luthienrisingluthienrising Posts: 37,617 Member
    I hope that whatever they add as active careers they also give those of us who don't want active careers a way to play them the usual non-active way. I'd like my Sims to be able to be fire fighters or detectives or doctors etc. without me having to play them all the way through every day at work.

And I agree that it's always been weird to become a doctor without going to college. I'd like to see some careers come with a college EP, and be playable only at some lower levels, maybe, if your Sim doesn't go to college.

Anyway, I want to see:
    Business
    Athlete

Doctor/Medical Researcher
    Teacher/Child Care
    Slacker
    Acting/Directing
    Politics/Activism
    Fashion/Modelling
    EA CREATOR NETWORK MEMBER — Want to be notified of patches, new Broken Mods threads, and urgent Sims 4 news? Follow me at https://www.patreon.com/luthienrising.
  • dogdancerdogdancer Posts: 447 Member
    I would like to see the return of the medical career. I also, would like to see the acting/directing career return. I really miss these careers.
  • SerabeeSerabee Posts: 135 Member
    I'd love to see a medical career with a doctor/researcher branch, an education career with a teacher/professor branch (how cute a reward would it be for teachers- a framed "best teacher ever" signed by all the students?), a law enforcement career (secret agent is similar, but way too extreme for most of my sims) with private security/police officer, an acting career with stage/screen (would be the best. thing. EVER.), fashion with modeling/design. If (or when, I'm assuming there'll be one eventually) a pets expansion comes out, I'd love to see a pets career with vet/trainer branches or something.

Of course, those are just some ways they could pan out, I dunno. I'm guessing some of these will pop up in expansions, though, so I'm eager to see which :3
  • I-Am-Unicorn123I-Am-Unicorn123 Posts: 137 Member
    edited January 2015
    Lawyer, Stylist, Architect, Slacker, Singer, Actor, Actress, Business owner, Pet Groomer/Breeder/Trainer, Medical, Advertising, Personal Assistant, Youtuber, Teacher, Daycare, Game Developer...........
    oh god i really did make this account when I was 11 and it shows
  • ChazLee86ChazLee86 Posts: 296 Member
    I miss the fire fighter career but since Sims 4 doesn't have fire fighters i doubt it will become a career option :(
    http://sims4100babies.blogspot.co.uk/ Check it out! Enjoy as the drama unravels...
  • vergil7vergil7 Posts: 106 Member
    all existed career in real life

and SWAT Team!!!
  • Leo2009SSALeo2009SSA Posts: 150 Member
    Some ideas:

- MMA Fighter
    - Teacher
    - Photographic Model
    - Journalist
    - Oceanographer
  • stilljustme2stilljustme2 Posts: 25,082 Member
    edited January 2015
    icmnfrsh wrote: »
    The career I'm waiting for the most is medical. Scientist, military, and educational are also good.

I wouldn't mind if medical came with a university feature though, because it never made sense to me why sims in TS2 could be a doctor without a degree, but need to graduate college to enter showbiz. (Well, medical came with the base game and showbiz in University, but it's still kind of puzzling)

I could see a lot of those on the list coming with a University EP -- maybe why they left them out of base game. They could make it where you could get up to a certain level without a degree, but in order to advance/choose career track you'd need to get the proper degree.

We sort of have military with the astronaut career since astronaut was top level in S3 Military career...but it's actually more science related than military.

My list:

Medical (could have doctor and nurse tracks; doctor would need high logic skill, nurses charisma for dealing with patients)
    Scientist (two tracks?)
    Education (elementary and secondary school teacher, or maybe teacher and administrator)
    Politics (honest and crooked politician -- crooked politician another use for those Mischief skills)
    Public Safety (two tracks -- police officer and fire fighter)

What I really want is part-time jobs for adult Sims -- I know there's a mod that allows all Sims (Teen and up) to take the teen part-time jobs but I'd really like to have options for my slacker Sims with commitment issues, or my Sims who want more time to fish or collect but still want to bring in a daily paycheck. Work 3 hours a day, bring in a small amount of money, and have time to pursue your own interests.
    Check out my Gallery! Origin ID: justme22
    Fun must be always -- Tomas Hertl (San Jose Sharks hockey player)