Friday Highlights for May 18th have arrived! Check out the highlights here!
MAY 17 - It's Patch Day for The Sims 4 on Console! Patch notes here.

Error with Sims 2 Update During Install..any suggestions?

I'm getting so frustrated. I'm trying to install Seasons and I keep getting an error when it tries to update. Has anyone figured out a solution? I think the error happens with the patch for the base game. I also impulse ordered Nightlife and the Best of Business Collection on the same day. Now I'm wondering if I totally wasted money. I haven't seen any solutions yet.
..I'm CandyBot on Origin..and still think our galleries should be connected to our Sims 4 Forum profiles..

Comments

• windweaverwindweaver Posts: 7,100 Member
    I haven't heard of this before. Whenever I can't figure out something for the game, I always check mts b/c they have a lot of very helpful tutorials.

http://www.modthesims.info/index.php?
    My Origin Name is: Cynconzola8
  • CinebarCinebar Posts: 28,172 Member
    JellyEyes wrote: »
    I'm getting so frustrated. I'm trying to install Seasons and I keep getting an error when it tries to update. Has anyone figured out a solution? I think the error happens with the patch for the base game. I also impulse ordered Nightlife and the Best of Business Collection on the same day. Now I'm wondering if I totally wasted money. I haven't seen any solutions yet.

I learned a long time go not to be connected to the internet when the game requested to update itself. And there is a method where you delete the files from the Registry and copy the program files over from the disc yourself. I'm sure MTS had those directions a long time ago. I hope you get it worked out.
    "Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.

TS4 without Terrian Tools is like Windows 8 or 10 without the Start Menu.

• JellyEyesJellyEyes Posts: 343 Member
    Thanks. I did check MTS, but I could have been more thorough, so I'll check again.
    ..I'm CandyBot on Origin..and still think our galleries should be connected to our Sims 4 Forum profiles..
  • icmnfrshicmnfrsh Posts: 10,916 Member
    I've had this problem too. It only happens when I have TS2 on Windows 8.

What I did was install TS2 and its patches on another computer running a different OS. Then I copied the game files to my Win 8 computer, and the installer considers the game patched that way.

If you don't have access to another computer, you could try running a virtual machine of an older OS (like XP) on your computer, and install TS2 there. But that's a very roundabout and complicated way to do it.
    Don't manhandle the urchin. He's not for sale. FIND YOUR OWN! - Xenon the Antiquarian, Dragon Age II