Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Script Error (And Sims 3 Not Opening!!!)

JustADerpJustADerp Posts: 2 New Member
Ok so I got Sims 3 yesterday and I keep trying to figure out what the script error was when I opened the launcher. The script error says:

Line: 0
Char: 0
Error: Script Error
Code: 0
URL: (I'm new, so I can't post links yet. :( But the link was about a site called be(.)sponsorpay)

I used a link and it showed up probably just some coding or something. Anyone know the solution to the script error?

Also, my Sims 3 game won't open. I click play on the launcher, the launcher closes, and the game doesn't open like it's loading to open forever.

Comments

• Options
    cleo00cleo00 Posts: 1,088 Member
    edited January 2015
    I don't know anything about the script error but have you tried bypassing the launcher to try and start the game? I'm not 100% how it'd be on your computer but if I was to go to C: > ProgramFiles (x86) > Electronic Arts > The Sims 3 Into the Future > Game > Bin and then double click on TS3EP11.exe it skips the launcher entirely and just starts the game. For you it'd be the folder of whatever the latest EP/SP you have...for me it is Into the Future.
    Hopefully somebody that knows about what the script error could be answers, otherwise I don't know how else to help.
  • Options
    JustADerpJustADerp Posts: 2 New Member
    > @cleo00 said:
    > I don't know anything about the script error but have you tried bypassing the launcher to try and start the game? I'm not 100% how it'd be on your computer but if I was to go to C: > ProgramFiles (x86) > Electronic Arts > The Sims 3 Into the Future > Game > Bin and then double click on TS3EP11.exe it skips the launcher entirely and just starts the game. For you it'd be the folder of whatever the latest EP/SP you have...for me it is Into the Future.
    > Hopefully somebody that knows about what the script error could be answers, otherwise I don't know how else to help.

I tried bypassing the launcher to the game and nothing happened. Tried ts3w.exe and still nothing happened. (I haven't installed expansion packs yet).
  • Options
    KarritzKarritz Posts: 21,923 Member
    Don't install anything else until you get the base game working.

The script errors you mention in the first post are common. I got them over the weekend too. You need to click to say not to continue running scripts. That just means you won't see the ads EA display on the launcher. They will fix the problem but it keeps happening but won't stop the game launching.

So if your game isn't launching you might have a different problem. I can't be much help now as I'm using my tablet.

If your computer exceeds the specs EA have on the box I'm thinking maybe your virus protection might be blocking you from launching the GA,me.
  • Options
    KarinLKarinL Posts: 3,989 Member
    edited January 2015
    The script error has nothing to do with whether or not your game works. It basically happens because of 'sponsorpay' (the ads for Simpoints) being added to the site. The moment the launcher is activated it will try to access the site - and that causes the script errors.

I use C: > ProgramFiles (x86) > Electronic Arts > The Sims 3 > Game > Bin > TS3W.exe to open the game without the launcher, but it sounds like in your case the game itself is the problem, and not the launcher.
    It could be an anti-virus problem, like Karritz said. You could try adding TS3W.exe to a list of 'safe to open' applications. I know Norton has a 'scan exclusion' option that tells it that certain exe files are safe to open without checking. Other virus scanners have similar lists, maybe with a slightly different name.

How long is 'forever', though? It can take quite a long time for the game to start running, especially if you have a lot of extra content (EPs, Store, CC, Mods). Ten or fifteen minutes is no exception, especially on slower machines.

• Options
    TadOlsonTadOlson Posts: 11,380 Member
    I would advise getting your Sims 3 copy replaced if it's not loading because it might be a faulty copy.I've had to do that twice with Expansions that didn't work correctly when I installed them.The first time was a bad copy of World Adventures that lagged badly and crashed a lot.The next time was Supernatural installed from a faulty disk and I ended up buying a new disk and reinstalling from the new copy and World Adventures was replaced when the first disk was returned to the store and replaced with a new one and I've got both installed from the new disks and they both work.A game can often act up and lag badly or hang on save or even fail to load if it's faulty.
    44620367775_0442f830c1_n.jpg
  • Options
    NancyS2121NancyS2121 Posts: 9 New Member
    I'm getting a script error, too.
    My script error is not stopping my game from opening, it will not let me download any new CC.
    Every time I try to download, a message comes up that the Sims 3 launcher has stopped running, and Windows then forces it to close my game.
    I can circumvent the error by, just clicking off of it, and my game runs fine.
    I just can't download???

I have tried uninstalling the Launcher and reinstalling, run a defrag and took out any new CC that I could.
    Does anyone have any ideas what might be going on?
  • Options
    KarritzKarritz Posts: 21,923 Member
    The CC you are trying to download might be corrupt. I'm assuming you are talking about some 3rd party CC. A lot of it is game breaking. There is a sticky at the top of this tech forum that tells you about it and how fix your game if it becomes corrupt. Also you need to know about Custard and other tools that will help you work out if the CC is safe to put in your game.
  • Options
    NancyS2121NancyS2121 Posts: 9 New Member
    Thank you, Karritz, I'll check it out. :)
  • Options
    sakinaterrell01sakinaterrell01 Posts: 1 New Member
    To get your custom content downloaded without the launcher copy and paste all content to the downloads folder on file and then open launcher they should then be there