Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Basic Herbalism Run-Down

flgurl315flgurl315 Posts: 72 Member
I just got my Sim to level 10 and didn't see any threads that really went into the details so I thought I'd throw up a list of basic info.

All herbs and insects can be found in the Granite Falls campground, Forest and Deep Woods (Hermit's House). The herbs will show up as unidentified wild plants that once in your inventory you can study to obtain their actual name and start using them. Herbs are also plantable at home.

10 Herbs: Fireleaf, Poison Fireleaf, Elderberry, Noxious Elderberry, Muckleberry, Chamomile, Toxic Chamomile, Huckleberry, Morel Mushroom, False Morel Mushroom

21 Insects: Termite, Katydid, Fire Ant, Mosquito, Stink Bug, Jezebel Butterfly, Luna Moth, Bee, Ladybug, Blue Morpho Butterfly, Firefly, Monarch Butterfly, Locust, Mantis, Dragonfly, Jewel Beetle, Walking Stick, Rainbow Firefly,Will-o-the-Wisp, Dust Spirit, Dragon Dragonfly

13 Herbal Remedies:
Insect Repellent Liniment: Keeps bugs away; +1 Happy moodlet for 12 hours
2 Noxious Elderberry, 2 Basil

Sadness Alleviation Lotion:
2 Elderberry, 1 Firefly

Deodorizing Cream: Refills Hygiene bar; +1 Happy moodlet for 4 hours.
1 Elderberry, 1 Strawberry, 2 Parsley

Soothing Skin Balm: Removes negative moodlets from Fireleaf Extract pranks & Fireleaf in general
2 Chamomile, 2 Basil, 1 Locust

De-stressing Decoction: Takes time off of any Tense moodlets
2 Chamomile, 2 Muckleberry, 1 Walking Stick

Tummy Therapy:
2 Huckleberry, 2 Sage, 1 Termite

Clear Mind Distillation: Changes mood to Focused; +2 Focused moodlet for 4 hours
2 Toxic Chamomile, 2 Huckleberry, 2 Parsley

Fireleaf Extract: Can be sprayed onto objects as a prank to gain Mischievous skill; +1 Uncomfortable moodlet for 4 hours
2 Poison Fireleaf, 2 Morel Muchroom, 1 Fire Ant

Natural Herbicide Oil: Pour over plants
2 Toxic Chamomile, 3 Fireleaf, 1 Stink Bug

Energizer Infusion: Changes mood to Energized; +2 Energized moodlet for 4 hours
3 Muckleberry, 2 Poison Fireleaf, 1 Dragonfly

Rage-Reliving Salve:
3 Noxious Elderberry, 2 Fireleaf, 1 Tomato, 1 Rainbow Firefly

Elixir of Fertility:
4 False Morel Mushroom, 2 Sage, 1 Bee, 1 Will-o-the-Wisp

Fungal Infusion Fertilizer (From the Hermit):
3 Morel Mushroom, 2 False Morel Mushroom, 1 Blackberry, 1 Dust Spirit

EDIT: In process of adding to remedies information.

Origin: CattleDestroyer

Xbox Gamertag: CattleDestroyer

Currently Playing: Sims 4 & Dragon Age: Inquistion
Post edited by flgurl315 on

Comments

• Options
    AyumapAyumap Posts: 3,425 Member
    edited January 2015
    Thanks for the post, I've started the skill, but haven't brewed anything myself. Can you tell me whether or not the remedies have an expiration date?
    2m60a6q.jpg
    *There's nothing wrong with loving the Sims 4, there's also nothing wrong with seeking improvements.
    A list of Mods I use.|My Sims 4 Mod and CC "Master" post. Helpful Links included.
  • Options
    Ayumap wrote: »
    Thanks for the post, I've started the skill, but haven't brewed anything myself. Can you tell me whether or not the remedies have an expiration date?

Nope! They do have varying quality levels though.

• Options
    have2admithave2admit Posts: 2,246 Member
    Thank you for this! I heard something about making friends with the hermit, so I did and it started me on the skill. I brought some of the unidentified harvest home to plant. Anyway, they are old enough now to take cutting. I was just starting to graft, and realized one of them is poisonous. Will that kill an edible plant if I spice it? I don't want to lose a perfect plant. :D
  • Options
    edited January 2015
    flgurl315 wrote: »

Awesome! Thank you. :) I want to have a little storage room full of those jars. For some reason that also just made me wish we could make jams; to eat, use in meals or sell to the market.

Edit: What difference does the quality make in the affects of the remedies? Would deodorize clean your sim more if it's of higher quality ?
    2m60a6q.jpg
    *There's nothing wrong with loving the Sims 4, there's also nothing wrong with seeking improvements.
    A list of Mods I use.|My Sims 4 Mod and CC "Master" post. Helpful Links included.
  • Options

Awesome! Thank you. :) I want to have a little storage room full of those jars. For some reason that also just made me wish we could make jams; to eat, use in meals or sell to the market.

Edit: What difference does the quality make in the affects of the remedies? Would deodorize clean your sim more if it's of higher quality ?

That's a good question! I hope it makes a difference because I was planning to get the highest quality of produce to use. :D
  • Options

I had a Good quality deodorizer and it restored the hygiene bar fully.

• Options
    have2admit wrote: »
    Thank you for this! I heard something about making friends with the hermit, so I did and it started me on the skill. I brought some of the unidentified harvest home to plant. Anyway, they are old enough now to take cutting. I was just starting to graft, and realized one of them is poisonous. Will that kill an edible plant if I spice it? I don't want to lose a perfect plant. :D

I did mess around with that a little bit. I grafted it onto a Snapdragon flower and it just became a plant that produced both Toxic Chamomile and Snapdragon.

• Options
    have2admit wrote: »

I did mess around with that a little bit. I grafted it onto a Snapdragon flower and it just became a plant that produced both Toxic Chamomile and Snapdragon.

Thank you! I didn't even think of using the flowers, duh! :D

• Options

I had a Good quality deodorizer and it restored the hygiene bar fully.

Thanks for the reply. :)
    2m60a6q.jpg
  • Options
    Devynsims00Devynsims00 Posts: 3,392 Member
    Awesome, ty for posting this :D
    OJGRGDT.gif
  • Options
    ByondTime89ByondTime89 Posts: 1,505 Member
    That pretty! I've always loved potion making and botanical skills in my games so this one thing I was REALLY looking forward to! :D
    Gallery & Origin ID: ByondTime89
  • Options
    MysterygifyMysterygify Posts: 2 New Member
    Yaay! Thanks for posting this. I'm hoping Tummy Therapy will help with morning sickness. Can't wait to try these!
  • Options
    ceejay402ceejay402 Posts: 24,507 Member
    This is great stuff thanks, and I got stuck with building the herbalism skill but just read you can keep building the skill like when trying to identity unknown wild flower. Did you find any one task faster at skill building
  • Options
    simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 35,869 Member
    Thanks for the info!
  • Options
    IgnitedTobi1IgnitedTobi1 Posts: 926 Member
    I collected the Dragon Dragonfly the very first time I started gathering bugs. I feel proud I was able to get one of the rarer bugs.
  • Options
    fullspiralfullspiral Posts: 14,717 Member
    Bookmarked! Great info!
  • Options
    greytorrent1greytorrent1 Posts: 80 Member
    So if you can take the herbs home and plant them. ..can you breed the bugs you catch? Or are you going to have to go back to granite falls every time you need a big ingredient?
  • Options
    OboeduckieOboeduckie Posts: 2 New Member
    You can grow the herbs at home - the bugs don't breed.

Any help finding Huckleberry? I've been looking all morning!
  • Options
    ceejay402 wrote: »
    This is great stuff thanks, and I got stuck with building the herbalism skill but just read you can keep building the skill like when trying to identity unknown wild flower. Did you find any one task faster at skill building

I personally found it a pretty easy skill to level. I made it to level 4/5 just trying to identify the stupid herbs alone. My False Morel Mushroom was being a stubborn thing and took about 20 times trying to identify it.

• Options
    chomechome Posts: 15 Member
    Fungal Infusion Fertilizer - learned from Hermit.

Moral Mushroom -3
    False Moral Mushroom -2
    Blackberries - 1
    Dust spirit - 1

No idea what it does. I haven't gotten a Dust Spirit yet.
  • Options
    FrekiNGeriFrekiNGeri Posts: 98 Member
    Thanks for all the info! I like the fact that we can store our remedies in the refrigerator. I don't like the fact that herbs won't store there. And when you add in the bugs, my inventory has gotten out of control. Are there any easy storage options that I"m missing? What does everyone else do about too much stuff in their sims' inventory?
  • Options
    BudgiepadaBudgiepada Posts: 102 Member
    Wow, thank you so much! This is very helpful!
  • Options
    [quote="FrekiNGeri;13187634"]Thanks for all the info! I like the fact that we can store our remedies in the refrigerator. I don't like the fact that herbs won't store there. And when you add in the bugs, my inventory has gotten out of control. Are there any easy storage options that I"m missing? What does everyone else do about too much stuff in their sims' inventory?[/quote]

If like to know this as well. Sim trophies and postcards are one thing, frogs and bugs are another.

Maybe they can make some sort of vertical rotating shelf?
  • Options
    or at least wall shelves deep enough that we can put frog tanks and fish bowls on.