Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

The sims 4 for Mac next month

I just saw a tweet from a guru that says @TheSims #TheSims4 is coming to Mac in February!!!!

Comments

• BluebellFloraBluebellFlora Posts: 7,110 Member
    Oh joy.
    apple-signature.png
  • WinMacSims3WinMacSims3 Posts: 1,610 Member
    At least it will make the Mac users happy assuming they're not disappointed with TS4.
    Origin ID: GothicSimmer, YouTube: GothicSimmer
  • 256Iris256256Iris256 Posts: 170 Member
    I hope it will work fine. I'm really looking forward to it. But I think I'm gonna wait and see if there's a lot of issues with it or not.
  • Tremayne4260Tremayne4260 Posts: 3,126 Member
    I'm going to wait as well. Right now, I'm playing with my Christmas presents on the PS4.
    Second Star to the Right and Straight on 'til Morning.
    edited January 2015
    I'm going to wait as well. Right now, I'm playing with my Christmas presents on the PS4.

Ahh PS4. No offense, I won't get it due to the PlayStation Plus requirement for online gaming (same goes for Xbox One) which is why I would rather have a new Mac or PC as both don't need a fee (with some exceptions) to play online. In fact, I prefer a Mac or PC (it's not because of The Sims).

Really rare for me to see a Simmer like a game console because usually they do own it but they don't like the console releases of The Sims. Take TS3 for example where players often compared the PS3/Xbox 360 version to Mac/PC.

On the plus side, looks like that the Mac Simmers will get to have the latest installment. Luckily, if you brought the Windows version, you should also be able to use it on OS X just like SimCity and The Sims 3's download versions.
    Oh, I've been playing Dragon Age. I don't have a PS Plus account, but I'm having fun. :D Won't buy the Console versions of any Sim game as they don't run and play like I like.
  • AimiexoxoAimiexoxo Posts: 396 Member
    I've been waiting so long for it to come out, but got pretty bored of waiting due to the hype. Everybody thought it was going to be something amazing, but I've seen game play and I think I'll stick with TS3 on my Mac until TS4 improves in some kind of way. No offence though, if you like TS4 then that's great... But I personally am not that excited for it, even though I'll still buy it just so I have it! :P
    Hello! I'm new to creating Sims and Houses but I do my best. I like them simple and without the use of CC, but I may add SOME CC like hair and make-up only! If you want to check it out, my origin Username is Aimiec1233, thank you.
  • nina101sims3nina101sims3 Posts: 36 New Member
    Finally!!
    Why couldn't they make it Mac/PC combined in the first place, like they did with the Sims 3?
    Finally!!
    Why couldn't they make it Mac/PC combined in the first place, like they did with the Sims 3?

Because it didn't work. Using Cider was a huge mistake.

apple-signature.png
    Finally!!

Because EA doesn't have a Mac coding department like many other game companies do. Take Blizzard for example. They learned very early on that they needed to support both Windows and Mac OS. EA hasn't quite caught on yet.

Not entirely accurate. Simcity for Mac is native. I think (and hope) EA learnt their lesson from the mess they made using Cider for TS3.
    apple-signature.png
  • FigwitFigwit Posts: 1,072 Member
    I hope so too, @BluebellFlora. I am counting on it being a native conversion because of the release of the Sims 2 Ultimate Collection - updated to work with the latest Mac OS and a truly excellent job by Aspyr too. I am hoping they did that as a forerunner to converting Sims 4.

Would be so disappointed if we get another Cider heap of junk.
    edited January 2015
    I know The Sims 3 is a Porting Disaster on OS X. I think even the Windows version of TS3 also qualifies because it has as much problems as Mac, not to mention the unpatched bugs that EA will pretty much ignore despite many people wanting them fixed.

I have made a video confirming The Sims 4 for Mac:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kr1BNCrfbvI
    Nice overview. :D
    I tweeted a guru earlier today. I don't expect a reply but it's a very simple question:

sggrant-twitter.png
    apple-signature.png
  • Aussie_SimmerAussie_Simmer Posts: 2,623 Member
    I tweeted a guru earlier today. I don't expect a reply but it's a very simple question:

sggrant-twitter.png

You would think they would create a section for Mac.
    Aussie_Simmer

You would think they would create a section for Mac.

Yep, you would. But this is EA don't forget. We are but a mere, annoying afterthought ;)
    apple-signature.png
  • 256Iris256256Iris256 Posts: 170 Member
    We are the not-so-beloved beloved Mac users. Or sometimes, I think, the hated. But at least the sims 4 is coming to Mac at last. So if it works for other people I'll buy it, because I do really like the game (as far as I've seen in let's plays and such).
    I'm one of the people who petitioned EA back on the original Sims2 forums for a Mac section as we were always being "flamed" by the Windows users. I was very happy to see a Mac specific section when the Sims3 forums were set up. If worse comes to worse, we'll just continue on here with discussions for Sims4. At least we have this section. :D
  • moonandsixpensmoonandsixpens Posts: 553 Member
    So... I am finally try out the create-a-sim demo on Mac?
    tumblr_noncvdlzEI1unxm84o1_540.png

You will need to have Windows installed either via Parallels or Bootcamped.
  • moonandsixpensmoonandsixpens Posts: 553 Member
    You will need to have Windows installed either via Parallels or Bootcamped.

Meaning they have sims4 for Mac but not create-a-sim demo for Mac?
    tumblr_noncvdlzEI1unxm84o1_540.png

• Aussie_SimmerAussie_Simmer Posts: 2,623 Member
    They may release one. Why don't you tweet one of the developers?
    Aussie_Simmer
  • southaltansouthaltan Posts: 152 Member
    > @BluebellFlora said:
    > David_Wharton wrote: »
    >
    >
    > You would think they would create a section for Mac.
    >
    >
    >

Yep, you would. But this is EA don't forget. We are but a mere, annoying afterthought

but, I did notice, looking at a few pictures from gurus on twitter that at least one or two had Macbook pros.