Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Carewren123's Builds *New 6/4* Paintings from Reference

Carewren123Carewren123 Posts: 2,658 Member
edited June 2015 in The Sims 4 Lots
This is my first showcase thread. It's something I've been meaning to do for a while. I have quite a few builds I've already completed that are up on my gallery. I'll be sharing them here as I find the time. If you like any of my builds they can be found on the gallery under my ID, Carewren123.

For now I'd like to share my most recent builds.

Oceanography (Check out the video for this build at my blog here : http://carewren123simstories.weebly.com/blog/a-new-build-oceanography
z6S9gsT.jpg?1

Community Library (Follow this link to my builds blog for more pictures)
B4QPM1J.jpg?2
Inspired by an idea I had of an old school house being converted into a library.

The Little House (Follow this link for more pictures and details)
RbZfFbZ.jpg?1
Inspired by Little House on the Prairie TV show.

The Warehouse:
KQFV0Ta.jpg?1
An industrial themed nightclub.

Waterview Weddings:
S6IZQk7.jpg?1
Modern venue featuring bold roof-lines, fountains and landscaping line the perimeter of the lot. Outdoor areas for wedding ceremonies and receptions. There is also an indoor bar. The build is a functioning lounge. Click on the picture above to see more pictures of the lot.
E7A0Fe3.jpg
Current Stories:
Wren's Nest * * * Get a CLUE

Completed Stories: Ana Pringle

My Main Site: Carewren123 Sim Stories
YouTube Channel: Carewren123 Sims
Monthly Short Story Challenge Thread: Current Theme: April: Choose your screenshots.
Post edited by Carewren123 on

Comments

• Options
    edited January 2015
    Waterview Weddings:
    S6IZQk7.jpg?1
    There are lots of more pictures on my site if you click on the picture above. I'll share just a few smaller sized images here to keep from overloading the thread with pictures.
    Mg35q7E.jpg?2UnHZDP0.jpg?2oylQoKC.jpg?2qTlewQK.jpg?2hQw73pk.jpg?2cCSNG0T.jpg?2

I wanted a wedding venue that could be a beautiful backdrop for pictures. I enjoy storytelling with the sims, and that definitely influenced this build. Here are a few picture to show off some of the areas of the build that are great for picture taking.
    mSRUEvW.jpg?2gHZ1fHo.jpg?24vD1Ram.jpg?4ECjE49Z.jpg?2
    E7A0Fe3.jpg
    Current Stories:

Monthly Short Story Challenge Thread: Current Theme: April: Choose your screenshots.
  • Options
    rosemowrosemow Posts: 163,596 Member
    It is great that you have set up a showcase thread for your builds :)
    Waterview Weddings is such a very nice venue for sims to enjoy getting married at! :) The exterior design of the building is so very nice! Very nice roofing! The layout of the outdoors areas looks very nice! It looks very nice how you have used the hedge fencing on the edges of the lot, and the plants looks nice how you have placed them along the sides of the fencing in the reception area. . The water fountain features at the front of the build are very nice for sims to see when they come to enter the venue. Very nice upper wraparound balcony! The plants look nice how you have placed them there with the larger plants in the middle and the two smaller plants either side of them. The wraparound front porch is very nice too! Sims will enjoy sitting on the seat benches that you have placed either side of the front door and enjoy looking at the nice sight of the water fountains and the outside views. The colour and texture of the exterior looks nice and suits the wedding theme of the build. Very nice outdoors reception area! Sims will enjoy sitting on the stools having a drink from the bar and listening to the grand piano being played. It looks nice how you have placed the outdoors tables and chairs for sims to enjoy dining outdoors in the air. The black and white colour scheme of the tables and seating looks nice. It is nice that you have a long table there for the bride and groom. Sims will enjoy dancing to the music from the stereo. The outdoors wedding ceremony area is very nice! It looks very nice how you have placed the seats in a curved triangular shape position there for the wedding guests to enjoy sitting in the sunshine or outdoors evening air watching the wedding taking place. The flowers, plants and lamps look very pretty how you have placed them at the ends of the rows of chairs. It looks nice how you have placed the flowers and plants around the wedding arch for sims to enjoy seeing whilst getting married. It looks nice how you have an aisle way down the middle of the ceremony area for the bride to walk down. The hedge archway entrance to the area looks nice. The water fountains look very nice how you have placed them on the sides edges of the lot. It looks nice how you have placed the curtains the banners on the exterior of the building. The evening pictures of your venue are very nice. Very nice indoors areas in the build! Very nice design of the kitchen! The green, white and black colour scheme of the kitchen looks nice. It looks very nice how you have placed the cabinets around the fridge! The green wall tiling looks nice, and the knife set and hanging pans on the kitchen wal and the hanging pots are nice kitchen touches there. The island oval counter is great! Very nice second floor indoors bar area! It looks very nice how you have placed the cabinets around the drinks display cabinets there! It is a very nice area for sims to enjoy sitting having a drink and a chat. The coloured wall lights and the art work on the wall there looks very nice. Nice sitting and lounge areas near the bathrooms and kitchen. The patterned flooring and floor rug there looks nice. Sims will enjoy sitting resting on the seats there. The varied colours of the tiled toilet walls looks nice. The dressing rooms are very nice! It looks nice how you have done the wall of mirrors. The vanity table is nice. It looks nice how you have used the screen shade to divide off a sofa seating sitting area.
    The pictures of your sims at their wedding are very nice! They are very nice sims!
    It is a very nice wedding venue! :)
  • Options
    Thank you so much, @rosemow You always leave such thoughtful nice comments. I'm glad you like my build. :)
    E7A0Fe3.jpg
    Current Stories:

• Options
    FloorRaisinFloorRaisin Posts: 1,340 Member
    Really nice, classy, modern look! I bookmarked this thread. :)
    The Wolff Legacy - whattheplum.wordpress.com - Latest update: Forward, Fast
  • Options
    E7A0Fe3.jpg
    Current Stories:

• Options
    masajomasajo Posts: 6,011 Member
    Waterview Weddings is a beautiful modern venue for that special day. Really like how you've laid out the seating and the plants you've chosen, will be great for the photos :D
    uzE2H1V.jpg
  • Options
    superbibi11superbibi11 Posts: 486 Member
    Waterview Weddings it's the place where every sim would merry his soulmate! Very very nice :) I'll be following you in the gallery when I'll open the game!
  • Options
    Thank you both so much.
    E7A0Fe3.jpg
    Current Stories:

• Options
    edited January 2015
    Okay I just finished another community lot. This one is a nightclub. It was inspired by a previous build I did for which I created some big garage/loading dock "doors." I thought something similar would be a great look for a nightclub. I named it "The Warehouse" because that seemed to fit the industrial theme perfectly. I hope you love this one as much as I do.

The Warehouse (Follow this link for more pictures)
    KQFV0Ta.jpg?1
    TheWarehouse is an old industrial building that has been converted into a nightclub. The club features juice bars upstairs and downstairs. There is plenty of seating. Eclectic decor and furniture create a unique look. A spacious dance floor greets you as you enter. Large garage doors are left behind from the days when the building was an actual warehouse.
    8oBBAQG.jpg?1KrKkJVZ.jpg?1QLOXyDH.jpg?1KzJcScS.jpg?1vXpHt8c.jpg?10RAo3Nc.jpg?1jqVQ3V0.jpg?1sVQZGKv.jpg?1
    E7A0Fe3.jpg
    Current Stories:

• Options
    The Warehouse is a great nightclub! :) The industrial thrme of the build looks great! The brickwork texture of the exterior and the garage doors gives it a great look! It looks nice how you have placed the different coloured enlarged exterior wall lights above the doors . The rows of ground lights look great how you have placed them. Very nice furnishing and layout of the interior of the building! It looks great how you have two flights of stairs to go up to the upper bar level. The upper bar area there is very nice! Sims will enjoy sitting on the stools or at the tables having a drink from the bar and a chat. The candles are nice touches on the tables for sims to see when sitting there. It looks great how you have used a variety of types of bar stools in the build.It looks great how you a dance floor area at the front entrance area of the build. Sims will have fun dancing to the speaker music there. The pictures on the wall look great and suit well the theme of the build. It looks great how you have enlarged some of the pictures and placed them alongside the other pictures. The patterned flooring on the ground floor looks great. Very nice ground floor bar area! It looks very nice how you have placed the mix of black and white cabinets and the drinks display shelves there! Very nice sofa and arm chairs sitting areas on the sides of the bar area. Sims will enjoy sitting there having a chat. The different sized clocks on the wall near the bar area look great! It looks nice how you placed the pictures on the bathroom area at different levels on the wall . The textures that you have used for the interior walls capture the industrial theme well. The variety and placement of the different mirrors in the left hand side dancing area looks great! The different sized sun decor items on the wall near the bar looks great! The colours of the wall tiles in the bathroom look nice. The big plumbobs lamps above the garage doors look great! It is nice pictures that you have taken ofvthe sims enjoying spending time at your night club .
    It is a great place to go to for a drink and to enjoy dancing! :)
  • Options
    Thank you so much rosemow. You are too kind.
    E7A0Fe3.jpg
    Current Stories:

• Options
    edited January 2015
    Okay this build was a spontaneous quick build I did this evening. Everyone who ever watched Little House on the Prairie should love this. I recreated that little house :) It's not an exact replica. There were some things that I couldn't do in the game. For example I couldn't create the loft and keep the roof shape close to the original. Oh well, I still love how it turned out. Hope you do too :)

Also I have both a furnished and unfurnished version of the house up on the gallery.

The Little House (Follow this link for more pictures and details)
    RbZfFbZ.jpg?1

CChJxHa.jpg?17Vl10UY.jpg?1
    X1VRYQ9.jpg?1ZaHgz8K.jpg?1
    E7A0Fe3.jpg
    Current Stories:

• Options
    The Little House is nice! :) It is nice that you have recreated in simform the home from Little House on the Prarie. The exterior of the house looks great! The roofing and the texture of the exterior and interior walls are great, and nice covered over front entrance. The firewood pile beside the front door looks great! It looks great how you have placed the windows in the build. Great layout of the interior of the home. The stone fireplace wall looks nice and the teapot is a nice touch on the fireplace ledge. It looks nice how you have angled the armchair towards the fireplace for sims to enjoy sitting there warming up in front of the fire. Nice kitchen area. It looks great how you have placed the cabinets beside and over the window. It looks great that you have placed lamps on the dining table, bedside table and on the kitchen counter. The hanging pans on the wall looks homely. It looks great that you have the bed area the other side of the fireplace wall. The candles are nice on the top of the window dresser. Sims will like looking out through the bedroom windows at what is happening outdoors.
    It is a great simform of the Little House on the Prairie home. :)
  • Options
    @rosemow Thanks again, dear. :blush:

@BreeMiles Thanks for stopping in to comment. Glad you like 'em.
    E7A0Fe3.jpg
    Current Stories:

• Options
    VihishaVihisha Posts: 2,767 Member
    Love The Little House...it's super cute
    I know this isn't about your lot per say, but I checked out the pics u have linked & I think that the pic w/the full moon & your Sims exchanging a rose was snapped in perfect timing...what a neat pic!
    Nice job on all your builds...there's some real thought put into them =)
    rXyqmuX.jpg
  • Options
    Thanks @Vihisha for take the time to check out my builds. I'm so glad you like them. And I'm so glad you noticed that pic. I love that spot. I wished the moon was just a little bit lower in the sky I almost missed the timing of the moon being in a good spot. Thanks again.

I'm working on a library today, btw.
    E7A0Fe3.jpg
    Current Stories:

• Options
    masajomasajo Posts: 6,011 Member
    The Little House is very adorable and does remind me of the TV programme. I love these style houses, such character :)
    uzE2H1V.jpg
  • Options
    Thanks @masajo I kind of want to redo parts of the Little House now that I have Outdoor Retreat. There are somethings that would look great in there. Plus I realized there was no shower in the furnished version of the house lol. I was busy trying to recreate the house, and didn't even realize at first.
    E7A0Fe3.jpg
    Current Stories:

• Options
    I'm working on a library today, btw.

Very neat..can't wait 2 c

rXyqmuX.jpg
  • Options
    Plus I realized there was no shower in the furnished version of the house lol. I was busy trying to recreate the house, and didn't even realize at first.

Hee hee...good thing 4 the new Outdoor Retreat's showers...will b perfect 2 add in as an "afterthought" =)

rXyqmuX.jpg
  • Options
    Thanks @rosemow here it is :)

Community Library (Follow this link to my builds blog for more pictures)
    B4QPM1J.jpg?2
    I was inspired by the idea of an old school house being converted into a library. That's why I included an enlarged bell-shaped light fixture that looks like a bell suspended from the roof over-hang.

The library features a circulation desk, kid's corner, computer room, and a small loft with a reading/study nook.

The lot also features a rich garden filled with hydrangeas, wildflowers, and magnolia trees. The center of the front garden has an apple tree that I had my sim plant. I don't think that will transfer with the gallery, though, so you may have to plant one yourself if you want to keep that feature.

SyqHmMg.jpg?1JXNBpIE.png?1LbtMZVP.png?127n9Nmc.jpg?1zWw20TR.png?14HtR0dK.png?1
    E7A0Fe3.jpg
    Current Stories:

• Options
    Cute idea using a "school house turned library." I love all the wildflowers u used in your landscaping. Cute kids area u have set up.
    rXyqmuX.jpg
  • Options
    The Community Library is very nice! :) It looks nice how you have designed it as an old school house that has been converted into a library. The exterior of the building is very nice! The enlarged bell shaped light in the front of the build is a nice touch as a school bell. It looks so very pretty how you have placed the flowers through the outdoors areas! The flowers look nice on the edges of the porches, and near the trees and in the front area of the lot. Sims will enjoy seeing the nice sights of the flowers when coming to the library and doing activities on the porches. Very nice wraparound front and side porch. Sims will enjoy playing chess on the table in the sunshine, and the floral cart is nice in the corner there for them to see. Nice log seat sitting nook on the front porch for sims to enjoy reading outdoors there. Sims will enjoy painting on the easel on the back porch enjoying being outdoors in the air. The flower box windows and the left and right hand open shutter windows look nice in the build. Very nice furnisjing and layout of the interior of the library! Very nice curved counters front desk area! It looks nice how you have done the shelves alcove there. It looks nice how you have placed books on tables either side of the front door. Very nice kids area of the library! The lady bug floor rug, enlarged lady bug, the teddy and giraffe there look very cute! The trees print and dinosaur pattern look nice on the walls, and the rainbow coloured hearts on the wall are colourful for child sims to see when sitting reading there. It looks nice how you have placed armchairs either side of the lamps for parent sims to sit there reading with their children. The tree stump table and panda lamp on top of it looks cute there ! The animal pictures are nice on the wall. It is a fun colourfully walled place for children to enjoy being in the library, having a read. It looks very nice how you have placed the bookcases and bookshelves through the build. Nice armchairs sitting areas for sims to enjoy sitting and reading the books. Very nice study desk area! It looks very nice how you have placed a number of computers on the one table for many sims to enjoy using the computers at the same time together. They will enjoy the sunlight coming in though the windows there whilst sitting at the table using the computers. Very nice upstairs areas! It looks nice how you have the divided off a separate study desks alcove. The rooster and sunflowers pictures on the wall leading to this alcove are nice for sims to see when coming to study there, and the pictures on the walls in the alcove add a nice look to the area.. The armchairs near the alcove are nice for sims to sit and rest in, and look at the mountain scene picture. Very nice sofa sitting area for sims to enjoy relaxing on the sofa looking out through the windows at the views. The columns at the ends of the staircase look great!
    It is a very nice library to visit :)