Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

2 times the FUN! A Randomacy ~ NEW Chapter, 9.11

Comments

• tanubanuetanubanue Posts: 4,116 Member
    edited February 2015
    Tanu's Legacy ~ Generation Two

Second Roll~

Couple
    Two Children
    Vocalist
    Freelance Scientist
    Perfectionist
    Hidden Heritage

My story of Zach and Nichol continues ~

Nichol could hear Zach yelling for her all the way from the other end of the house. "Nichol!!! Omg!!! Hurry up!!!! What in the heck is happening to me!!!" Nichol skidded around the corner and stopped short. "Nichol our sim Goddess is doing something to us!"

"Yes she is." Nichol answered, a grin playing on her lips. "She has let you become an adult Honey. Oh and you're going to be a Dad." She said over her shoulder as she walked out of the room smiling.

2h51t21.jpg

Zach began working even harder and even got a car as a perk from his job ~

14b4o6.jpg

And before he knew it ~

2z6se8x.jpg

Rorie was in his arms safe and sound! ~

ehj4ud.jpg

And before he knew it he had blinked and she was a toddler learning to walk

j9uhbr.jpg

Rorie Loved her Mommy but she shared a special bond with her Daddy~

Of course Nichol was always busy around the house while Zach had more time to spend with Rorie

dh70gn.jpg

And then one day while Zach was at work Rorie grew into a child just like that! ~

syxj44.jpg

Even as a child Rorie was interesting in studying the way buildings in other lands were built and the tombs in far away lands. Cultures and different ways of doing things drew here in and she couldn't get enough of learning about peoples and animals and vegitations. She even imagined built places of other countries with her blocks.

33wlg6r.jpg

Nichol tried to get her interested in painting so that she could explore them further~

2ljor4j.jpg

And as her birthday again came around ~

1zd3uyw.jpg

(Ummm....Don't hyperventilate there Zach...)

f19ytc.jpg

They helped her learn ~

bjel36.jpg

Prepare ~

144d311.jpg

And get her as ready as they could to go out and face the world ~ There were more than Gnubb's out there!

2uyknyx.jpg

Still Rorie dreamed of the World and she Loved her parents for everything they were doing for her. They wondered if they were doing the right thing~

2a4pv5s.jpg

On her 18th Birthday they gave her a ticket to the place she most wanted to go, China. A few days later she was climbing the steps to her destiny ~

10e58ab.jpg
    Post edited by tanubanue on
  • rosemowrosemow Posts: 163,519 Member
    It is great reading about and seeing the pictures of your legacies Addy and Tanu! :) I will enjoy visiting the thread and seeing the updates of what is happening in your legacy families! Thankyou for sharing your game experiences with us! :)
  • christinebremnerchristinebremner Posts: 3,513 Member
    It's been a great read so far I am loving the pictures with it, especially the first one with the cross eyes. lol B)

Looking forward to seeing Rories adventures in China! :)

FEvr1sR.gif
    rosemow wrote: »
    It is great reading about and seeing the pictures of your legacies Addy and Tanu! :) I will enjoy visiting the thread and seeing the updates of what is happening in your legacy families! Thankyou for sharing your game experiences with us! :)

Glad you're enjoying it Rose! <3

It's been a great read so far I am loving the pictures with it, especially the first one with the cross eyes. lol B)

Looking forward to seeing Rories adventures in China! :)

That was my favorite picture Christine! lol He does have the best facial expressions! :)
    Make sure you guys go back and see Addy's memories scrapbooks she added! Awesome Addy! I love how you did these! They look like real pictures! Even though I know what happened as your game progressed through texts and some sneak peek pictures it was still so much fun seeing and reading about the family in the other side of the time warp! lol
  • cianeciane Posts: 16,996 Member
    Oh, I am so very happy! I know that you have already played more, so we get lots of catch up right away. It's wonderful to stop by and see updates from both of you on your games.

I find it interesting that the first daughters both took after their moms and then Kayla got her Dad's hair. So the genetics face their first split.

I love, love, love all the pics and the storytelling. Thank you so, so much for sharing.
    And some other interesting genetics things are that in my game Nichol was the witch and Rorie became one. While in Addy's Zach was and Kayla is not. While in Addy's game the pointed ears carried through to Kayla but not to my first generation. And so far the heir's to our first three generations have all been the same sex as the others game which we think is fun and interesting. :)

I'll be posting a bit more about Rorie today and I know Addy is working on an update too so more to come!!
    edited January 2015
    I did notice the witch switch and the ears as well. :smile: I wonder how long Addy will get to keep both the ears from her mom and the hair from her dad AND if the witch trait will continue in your line as well.

Yay, I love updates!
    She only has the ears for Kayla. Rorie is a witch in mine. I won't spoil generation 3 for you yet. :p
    edited February 2015
    Tanu's Legacy ~ Generation Two ~ Rorie ~ Continued

When Rorie arrived in China it was all she ever dreamed of and more! She visited the local shops ~

16gc045.jpg

and learned so much more about the people, past times and cultures. She also learned more about the martial arts skill and why her Dad loved it so much. One shop keeper told her about the Pei family and how she should visit since they had children around her age.

zydr7k.jpg

He called and let them know to expect her and she started to their home.

jkkkk0.jpg

The older son Wei and Rorie hit it off right off the bat! They talked pretty much the rest of that night~

2cp5lhk.jpg

2hgr1wj.jpg

He showed her around his world and they spent every waking moment together. By the time it was nearing time to leave Mrs. Pei thought she had them figured out ~

2cxw1h4.jpg

Saying a quick good-bye Rorie gave Wei a kiss ~

155lahl.jpg

Then she gave him a look he wouldn't soon forget ~

a3i0xe.jpg

"You better come get me!"
    edited February 2015
    Tanu's Legacy ~ Generation Two ~ Rorie and Wei ~ Continued ~

From the moment they picked her up at the airport all Rorie could do was talk about Wei.

1447dlk.jpg

Zach and Nichol recognized this as more than just a childish crush after several conversations with Mr. and Mrs. Pei and with Rorie's not wanting to attend her prom. Still they tried to keep her mind off of things. Seasons came and went and they all went to the Fall festival when it came into town.

34pmdjc.jpg

Someone from the town beat them out at bobbing for apples but then Nichol got to be a ghost for a day. "Wow someone could really die at the festival!" She said laughing.

309lgro.jpg

Zach even let her practice his spells on him. "Don't worry Daddy! It's a good luck charm!"

2ypizhc.jpg

2laubnp.jpg

But with another blink of an eye Graduation day had come and gone and Rorie was approaching her 21st Birthday. Still she chatted for hours online with Wei and whenever she could on the phone. She had no interest in any of the young men who had tried to date her locally and just kept talking about saving up enough money to go back to China to see him again. As Rorie blew out the candles on her cake and officially began her life as a young adult.

11ik6x5.jpg

Nichol said "Honey we saved every penny but Daddy and I got you the only thing you really wanted for your Birthday!" She pointed.

9sueq0.jpg

Wei whispered that he would never again leave her side.

That same night ~ Wei dipped Rorie in a romantic kiss. She hoped she had brushed her teeth! ( :p )

152yhcx.jpg

Then he got down on one knee and told her that although they came from half a world apart their hearts beat as one and his life was as hers. He could not live without her and her rainbows were his to make.

9acxw4.jpg

Plans were made for a December wedding. The Pei's couldn't make it to the wedding sadly. As all funds had gone into mortgaging a bigger house for the growing family ~

w9w9vr.jpg

It was decided on a small family wedding in the same chapel in which Zach and Nichol had said their vows.

All was going well at first. It was an evening wedding and Zach had learned a few special songs on the piano for the occasion ~

1zn206r.jpg

Nichol was going to sing a pretty song and Wei and Rorie were all set to start exchanging their vows ~

14ugtja.jpg

That's when the ummm....guests.... showed up~

4gnj8m.jpg

Rorie decided they weren't going to crash the wedding and literally bolted for the back of the chapel. It took a lot of convincing for both Wei and the Sim Goddess from above to convince her to stay. I honestly think Wei got through to her though! :)

2qmlnqa.jpg

Rings were exchanged among sleepy errrrr ummmm guests....

xek6qg.jpg

yld08.jpg

While Nichol gave the wedding crashers a piece of her mind and Zach gave up and settled in to read a book he had been trying to finish.

11c5ngo.jpg

*Sidenote ~ I have honestly never had a more fun sim wedding nor laughed/cried/almost peed myself so much!*

Just a few months later Zach stopped Rorie in the hallway. "My baby is having a baby!" And gave her a hug.

34q772p.jpg
    edited January 2015
    Oh, wow! I know you are already for gen 3, but... your stories are moving so quickly! I loved the wedding and the big new house and the choice for groom, Tanu. And Addy, I am so very happy that they have moved into a house I made. I hope it works out well for them. I loved your story-telling, even if you didn't have many pictures. Now I wait for more pictures and story telling.
  • ADWilsonADWilson Posts: 6,755 Member
    it_photo_119959.jpg?itok=-5mBPja-

Whew! It has certainly been a whirlwind of activity in here over the last couple of days. Posts have been updated to add more stuff. Other posts have been edited to go from "reserved" to "actually being in use". So much FUN to be seen/read here!!!

To make things easiest for me, please look at our Table of Contents as it contains a listing of every post and where to find them.

We hope you continue to enjoy seeing this unfold because we sure are!!!
    edited January 2015
    Ohhh awesome I am really looking forward to both legacies Addy and Tanu and seeing your stories! :D

Why, thank YOU @christinebremner‌ :)
    Please enjoy! And... hopefully you will like what you see and return as often as possible.

Post edited by ADWilson on
    edited January 2015

Thank YOU very much, dear @rosemow‌! It is always a pleasure to see your posts.

Tanu & I are constantly texting each other and chatting about what is going on in our respective games and this thread (also known as a labor of love & friendship) came from those moments. I won't speak for Tanu but I have smiled, been surprised (some pleasant and some not-so-much), and even cried a few times as things happened on my side of the computer screen <== Tanu can certainly vouch for this!

She has been WONDERFUL in helping me comfortably step outside my normal comfort zone of the game and do what needs to be done. Aging on?! **gasp**, but o-o-o-kay I will give it a try... end results: Not as bad as I anticipated/dreaded but then again none have died on my "shift" thus far. Perfect Children? No problem I always do just about everything with my Sims. But hang on a second, now there is this thing called time and motives dipping and Sims need sleep and, and... end results: busy, but busy in a good way. And these are just a couple of examples of how my usual way of playing was set by the wayside.

I admit that I am enjoying this and will most likely continue to play similarly with future games.
    Although I will seriously have to adjust the length of days as I want to keep each generation around for just a "wee bit" longer ;)

ciane wrote: »
    Oh, wow! I know you are already for gen 3, but... your stories are moving so quickly! I loved the wedding and the big new house and the choice for groom, Tanu. And Addy, I am so very happy that they have moved into a house I made. I hope it works out well for them. I loved your story-telling, even if you didn't have many pictures. Now I wait for more pictures and story telling.

Thank you Ciane! :) I considered using the same house Addy was using as I Love it but then I didn't want our games to be too exact so opted for this one instead. I emptied all contents before moving in and removed the pool. They moved with only what they had so the house is pretty barren but they are slowly adding things here and there. It will take shape by Generation 10 lol. The mortgage gets paid back by bonus checks and wedding gifts so that will also get taken care of with time.

ADWilson wrote: »

Thank YOU very much, dear Rose! It is always a pleasure to see your posts.

Tanu & I are constantly texting each other and chatting about what is going on in our respective games and this thread (also known as a labor of love & friendship) came from those moments. I won't speak for Tanu but I have smiled, been surprised (some pleasant and some not-so-much), and even cried a few times as things happened on my side of the computer screen <== Tanu can certainly vouch for this!

She has been WONDERFUL in helping me comfortably step outside my normal comfort zone of the game and do what needs to be done. Aging on?! **gasp**, but o-o-o-kay I will give it a try... end results: Not as bad as I anticipated/dreaded but then again none have died on my "shift" thus far. Perfect Children? No problem I always do just about everything with my Sims. But hang on a second, now there is this thing called time and motives dipping and Sims need sleep and, and... end results: busy, but busy in a good way. And these are just a couple of examples of how my usual way of playing was set by the wayside.

I admit that I am enjoying this and will most likely continue to play similarly with future games.
    Although I will seriously have to adjust the length of days as I want to keep each generation around for just a "wee bit" longer ;)

I can vouch for this! And yes we share some pretty fun moments like that crazy wedding of Wei and Rorie's lol

I also need to keep Addy inside some boundries *slides Addy's foot back inside aging on* there we go! :) And I did advise her hubby to buy plenty of stock in tissues as I know that moment will be here sooner....or....later....

ciane wrote: »

Thanks, @ciane! As you already know, I am indeed enjoying the house. No routing issues, plenty of room for more than one Sim to move about in most common areas. Now if only the Slob in the house **looks pointedly at Zach** would stop leaving a puddle and actually remember to drop his clothes IN the hamper of the bath attached to both the Rose and Blue bedrooms instead of on the floor in the Rose bedroom when he takes a shower, Narrator Addy would be a lot happier.

I have also noticed that the Sims seem to prefer taking their meals into the formal dining room. A few macaroni and cheese meals have been eaten by two Sims at the round table, but the 3rd Sim takes his/her bowl to the dining room. A meal has been eaten by one at the island counter a time or two, but the next Sim heads off to... you guessed it, the dining room. I guess I might need to throw a humdinger of a party and see if all seats would be used. Or turn the area where the round table is into a computer nook for our budding Author, Kayla ;)

A little late to remedy some picture taking during Generation 2, oops!
    I immediately thought of something & something else, so jump in folder to check... only to realize that those scenes have very few pictures.
    Yikes! I am so bad at the picture end of this story-telling business, let me tell you. Good thing I am not a professional as I would soon find myself out of a job LOL

And just so you know, the story that you requested, helped provide the momentum for getting this whole thread into place. Also, that particular story hasn't been posted because when it is... you will receive a message letting you know ;)

ADWilson wrote: »
    Ohhh awesome I am really looking forward to both legacies Addy and Tanu and seeing your stories! :D

Why, thank YOU @christinebremner‌ :)
    Please enjoy! And... hopefully you will like what you see and return as often as possible.

You are so welcome @ADWilson :)

I am having a great time reading both stories, and loving how its turning out. :) I love Kayla's name my daughters name is that and it suits her to a T! :)

The first time I heard the name Kayla was on Days of our Lives and I fell in love with that name. lol :)
    FEvr1sR.gif
    What a blast to read and thoroughly enjoying reading about their lives! :)

Wow Generation 3 already? And the life spans picked must be a challenge as well. I know it would be for me I love my epic lifespans. lol Is that how you play the generation side properly? I have tried legacies but it only gets to the heir. lol B)
    FEvr1sR.gif
  • rosemowrosemow Posts: 163,519 Member
    I enjoyed reading and seeing the latest updates ! :) The meeting of Wei and Rorie, their missing of each other when apart, and then the wedding proposal was very nice. It was a great birthday present for Rorie to see Wei. The wedding sounds like it would have been a fun event to see happen! It is nice that Wei and Rorie are now expecting a little child.
    I will enjoy seeing the next updates :)
    You are so welcome @ADWilson :)

I am having a great time reading both stories, and loving how its turning out. :) I love Kayla's name my daughters name is that and it suits her to a T! :)

The first time I heard the name Kayla was on Days of our Lives and I fell in love with that name. lol :)

Nice! GLAD you are finding enjoyment in both stories. **looks around and whispers** Between you & me, I think Tanu is a better story-teller. She doesn't feel the need to control almost every moment of each Sim in the house like I do and therefore is able to have a bit more spontaneity occur within her household. Makes for some incredibly fun moments.

How interesting that your daughter is named Kayla :)
    To keep it truly random I found an online random name generator and used it for her.

Addy's Game:
    rules-and-guidelines.png

Generation 2
    Roll baby, roll…

Family Structure: Couple

Number of Children: 2

Careers
    Kayla - Author
    Spouse - Artist

Generational Goal: Fulfilled
    Choose carefully, young ones.

Heir and Spouse must obtain their LTW. Changing the LTW via aspiration reward is allowed.

In addition, any Wish that is “promised” (that is, pinned to the board) MUST be fulfilled. You may only cancel a promised wish if it becomes impossible to fulfill. (for instance, “play game with Sim” when said Sim has died.) You do not have to promise every (or any) wish, but once promised this rule applies.

Miscellaneous Fun: Runs in the Family
    Pick a trait. Preferably a trait one of the parent Sims have. Every Sim born this generation must have this trait before reaching young adulthood.
    edited July 2017
    Addy's Game:

Copy-of-Wedding-Album.jpg

“Spooky Day will happen tomorrow. Perfect time for us to get married!” Jeremey thought. “People will be off of work and if we have the wedding in the early afternoon then it shouldn’t affect evening Costume Parties or Trick-or-Treating SimKids.” {Narrator Addy notes: I just realized that neither house has had a single SimKid arrive, ringing the doorbell. It would have been fun to have Zach answer the door!}

To continue reading, please go to
    Have I Got A Story For You!