Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Sunlit Tides- Freezing. Please Help!

Hello all good simmers! :D

I have just now gotten around to buying things off the sims 3 store. (I know I am soo late lol)
I recently download and installed Sunlit Tides and boy is it gorgeous.
There is just one problem, the lag! It freezes every seconds to minutes and will not give me a break!
I have searched through the internet for answers and suggestions before coming here, this is what I have tried;

A. I have gotten rid of the sauna.
B. I have gotten rid of the overlook.
C. I have gotten rid of the parks and fishing place that causes lag.
D. I have used the resetSim * help tool many of times.
E. I have moved my sim in and out of the household.
F. I have installed the town from the store to the launcher and than into the game.
G. I do not have pets so the horse problem does not effect me.

My computer is far more than capable to handle the sims believe me, it has plenty of GB. This does not happen anywhere else sans Isle Paradiso.

I really love this town and want it to work so bad or else my money will be a waste :s

Please, please help if you can!

Comments

• lanlynlanlyn Posts: 5,011 Member
    edited January 2015
    I just started playing in Sunlit Tides last night too. Bought it just recently along with Aurora Skies as the last two worlds left for me to get. I agree, it is beautiful. Still need to explore everything. But I haven't had any lag problems at all--at least not yet. Did you try uninstalling the world and then reinstalling it?

I'm sorry you had to delete some things! One player suggested to just make those lots No Visitors Allowed instead of deleting them. NPCs won't go there, but your active sims still can. Less editing of the world too.

Do you use mods? I have NRaas Overwatch installed and that helps my game worlds a lot. It resets stuck sims automatically and does other clean up jobs. It saves me a lot of game headaches. And do you clear your cache files regularly--especially the world caches?
    sims3.crinrict.com/en/2011/01/faq-delete-your-cache-files.html
    sims3.crinrict.com/en/2011/04/bug-lags-intermittent-freezes.html

Also, did you find these threads?
    forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/580131/stuck-sims-in-sunlit-tides-causing-lag/p1
    The first post lists links to a couple of fixed lots to replace the offending ones.

forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/672862/is-sunlit-tides-still-lagging
    About 4 posts down, there are some pics about a couple of areas that you can just fix yourself.
  • LyrieLyrie Posts: 881 Member
    I know this is a longggggg time coming but thank you!!!
  • tamalinntamalinn Posts: 1,435 Member
    You can also try this: https://ellacharmed.wordpress.com/2013/12/05/sunlit-tides/

I use her worlds, and they've eliminated my lag issues nearly completely.
  • SimRealtorSimRealtor Posts: 1,132 Member
    So, deleting these things is not going to fix the lag issues you are having in Sunlit Tides. If you open up the world in CAW, you will find a ridiculous amount of routing problems that EA did not take care of. My suggestion would probably be to try a different world. I have on called SimLau Isles which has the beach feel and lots of ports, and you can play that both lag free and for free :) www.mysimrealty.com