Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Maxis Island AKA Sims 1 revisited.... Final!!!!! link in second post

flstriderflstrider Posts: 1,912 Member
edited February 26 in Nominated Threads
Abanner2.jpg

I know that there is another world out there being worked on for the Sims 1, but I have wanted to build a world like this since I completed Notchcliff Isles over a year ago. In Notchcliff I added two builds that I reworked from lots I had built in the Sims 1 and that is what gave me this idea. Now this version of Old Town and the other area's will not be using the same exact lot sizes as their original counterparts as I decided to use a little creator discretion but I am trying to keep the general look of that old game intact. So here is the beginnings of "Maxis Island"

Screenshot-10.jpg

And The completed version:

Screenshot-105.jpg

I looked at Magic Town and realized that there is actually only one road (more like a dirt trail) that runs in Creepy Hollow so I will try to match the roadway there with the terrain the best I can. I hope you all like the start and as I progress I will update this thread.
My World's thread linked in Sig
NewSig.jpg

Post edited by EA_Solaire on

Comments

• flstriderflstrider Posts: 1,912 Member
    edited June 2015
    World Details:
    Map: 2048x2048
    File size: 123MB

Total Lots: 130
    Residential Lots: 40
    Community Lots: 88
    Empty Lots: 2

All EP's/SP's are used

Store Items used from the following sets:
    Chun Co. Teppanyaki Grill, Last Venue of Amore, Olympian Physique, Brunch at the Old Mill, Le Cinema Plumbob, Once Upon a Time Cottage, Happily Ever After, Tutor of Tudors, World of Wonder Carousel Collection, The Now & Then Century Manor, Sunlit Tides, Deliciously Indulgent Bakery, Frontier Finds Kitchen, Man Cave Compilation, Oh My Goth! Compilation, Mother Russia, Aurora Skies, Club Vaindenburger sets, Prism Art Studio, Business as usual Bistro, The Boardwalk, The Gentleman's Lounge, I Heart the 50's, Roaring Heights, Full interior castle set, Full exterior castle set, Grim's Ghastly Manor, Midnight Hollow, Skylight Studio for the Performing Arts, The Duke of Bows Renaissance Faire, Dragon Valley (The list looks long but I did not use much from these sets)

Download Link: Available Here

Lite version, a build it yourself world: Lite Version Found Here

Just a short Story: Return to Maxis Island
    Post edited by flstrider on
    NewSig.jpg

• PrfctAngl673PrfctAngl673 Posts: 339 Member
    edited January 2015
    Looks awesome! Can't wait to see more updates. I'll definitely be downloading once you're done. I love Cheverly - been playing it since I downloaded it (can't remember what day last month it was).
  • Shadecaster101Shadecaster101 Posts: 1,343 Member
    It looks great so far! I think you should go for it. The other version stopped being worked on a long time ago, and I know a lot of people wanted it (myself included).
  • SandraKBSandraKB Posts: 385 Member
    I like it and happy to see your updates! :D
    edited January 2015
    Thank you everyone for the comments and support! Well after sitting here for a few days going back and forth between both games (yes I still have Sims Complete Collection loaded on my computer and still play it quite often) I think I have decided on the terrain paints for this project. Trying to match the textures from Sims 1 is not going to be easy and I figured it would not hurt to change them up a bit. Here are a few shots of what I think will be the paints for Maxis Island, but would love to hear any comments.......

Screenshot-8.jpg
    Screenshot-9-1.jpg
    Screenshot-10-1.jpg
    Screenshot-11.jpg

I am still debating on which dirt texture to use to finish the highlights on the mountains so I will add more as I decide on this.
    NewSig.jpg

• ts1depotts1depot Posts: 1,438 Member
    I wouldn't sweat too much about getting the terrain paints exact; the most important thing is capturing the feel of TS1, and I think you've done a great job so far. :D
    EiFlric.png
    I agree with ts1depot, and don't think you should worry about it too much. I'm really liking it!
    edited January 2015
    Thanks all, yeah I am not really worried about terrain paint too much (as far as getting the exact look of TS1) but did want to at least get it close to color. Working on the waterfalls leading into Old Town just thought I would share a CAW shot of them.......

CAWWaterfalls.png
    CAWWaterfalls2.png

Still working on the dirt texture as there are a few really good ones to choose from, just need to find that "right" one. but progress is being made slowly but surely. more when I can....

Screenshot-12.jpg

Here is the work with the dirt texture still need to finish the mountain highlights but I think this is a good mix
    Post edited by flstrider on
    NewSig.jpg

Taking a break from the painting I exported the world and ran it in the game to check the bridges and to see how the paint looks to this point, here are a few shots of the falls that run into "Old Town" from the game

Screenshot-10-2.jpg

Screenshot-9-2.jpg

Screenshot-8-1.jpg

Screenshot-12-1.jpg

I noticed there are a few spots that need adjustment in the falls but as of now the bridges in Old Town are working, got to fix the one over in Magic Town. And speaking of Magic Town while I was running over there I noticed a couple of wild horses on my way over, a very good sign. Now I hope that I still have the basic town buildings in my old game, I think I actually have custom built lots on all 8 saves.....lol

NewSig.jpg

• ts1depotts1depot Posts: 1,438 Member
    edited January 2015
    Those waterfalls look amazing, @flstrider! Good job!! :D
    EiFlric.png
    @ts1depot Thanks so much, now comes the fun of the lots and figuring out which trees to use for this area
    NewSig.jpg

edited January 2015
    Great looking water falls!:D I still have a lot of building for Magic's Old town, if you want you could use my buildings for you Maxis Old town.
    Sandra that would be a HUGE help! But remember I have made the lots on this world a bit larger than they were in the original, for instance, the coffee/consignment shop just across the bridge at 71 Elm Street was originally about 35x35 I made it 40x40 in this world.
    NewSig.jpg

That would work, and it gives room for smoothing out the lots if needed. As I finish and upload I will leave you links on this tread.
    @SandraKB Thanks Let me know the lot sizes you are working with so I can see if I can also build a few for you as well

**Update**
    Fixed the bridge in Magic Town so now all bridges are working properly. While I was checking the bridge I also wanted to check on the routing of two lots I have added for the old town section, a fishing spot, and a small park. As you may guess both of these lots will be on the lakes at the top of the falls thought you all would like to see the view.......

This is from the fishing spot on the lower falls...
    Screenshot-17.jpg

Taken from the top of the falls looking over the town
    Screenshot-18.jpg

And while my sim was at the top he decided to go for a swim in the lake up there...
    Screenshot-19.jpg

Today took a couple of hours to build one of the lots from Sims 1 just to see how it would fit on the different sized lot. This is Old Town Quarter, 71 Elm Street
    Screenshot-22.jpg
    Screenshot-23.jpg
    Screenshot-26.jpg

More to come.......
    NewSig.jpg

edited January 2015
    Looks Awesome!! :) I will let you know,thank you!
  • TheSimDionTheSimDion Posts: 234 Member
    This is really nice!
  • Greenb70Greenb70 Posts: 1,871 Member
    Just had to stop in and comment on this.It is looking great.Love the waterfalls.
    Thank you to all who left comments, they are appreciated! @LadysimPlayer8 A HUGE, GIGANTIC, ENORMOUS, Thank You for letting me use "Sims1derland"! Thought I would share my vision of "Vacation Island" again thanks to LadysimPlayer8 for allowing me to use the lots......

Screenshot-31.jpg
    Screenshot-32.jpg
    Screenshot-33.jpg
    Screenshot-35.jpg

Still have some fine tuning on the sculpting/painting and to get the new road textures put in place so this is not the final version. Will keep this updated as often as possible.

Oh did I thank LadysimPlayer8 yet for letting me use the lots from Sims1derland?
    NewSig.jpg

Beautiful job! :D
    Just here to check in on the progress. It's coming along nicely!
    Been sitting here for the last couple of days trying to figure out how to tie in both Downtown and Studio Town with the rest of the area's and make it as true as possible to the original. The answer for the downtown area became very clear when I added the Vacation Island and now have started the layout of "Downtown". When you get to the Downtown initial screen in Sims 1 you see a set of storage tanks to the right and a fenced in area with police cars so that is what gave me the idea to put in the two rabbit holes that are in the world. Here are a few initial shots.....

The Sims 1 Downtown
    Sims1downtown.png

The "CAW" Shot
    CAWDowntown.png

Game Shots
    Screenshot-37.jpg
    Screenshot-34.jpg

I opened the Sims 1 to take a look at the lot sizes of the downtown lots and most come up as 35x35 I have changed this standard size and have added lots from 30x30 to 40x50 in this area. At the beginning of this project I knew that I would alter the original lots sizes to give Simmers more area to build on, cause after all, the majority of us do not keep original buildings in our worlds for too long...lol. Hope you like this so far and I will continue to update as often as possible...
    NewSig.jpg

**Another Update**

Added the lots from @LadysimPlayer8 to the Downtown area. Thought I would share with everyone the overall look of this world as it sits right now. It is looking like I may be able to get a small representation of Belladonna Cove and Pleasentview from the Sims 2 into this world as well, (although I have never played Sims 2 I am going to try my best) but not going to know for sure until Studio Town is placed. Here are a few more progress pics.......

Screenshot-40.jpg
    Screenshot-38.jpg
    Screenshot-41.jpg
    Screenshot-39.jpg
    Screenshot-42.jpg
    Screenshot-43.jpg

I am working on figuring out how to lay out the Sims 3 rabbit holes into this, I may create an area between downtown and Studio Town to place them, to where the original area's still stand out. More to come as progress continues......
    NewSig.jpg

• ClayworldClayworld Posts: 1,106 Member
    edited January 2015
    <3<3 Be still my heart! <3<3

This looks absolutely amazing! I still have a soft spot for Sims 1 and I still play it on my laptop. I just love how you're putting everything in it, including the Vacation and Magic worlds. I have made virtually all the maxis supplied Sims 1 sims for Sims 3, they're in my studio. I can put up the direct links here, if you'd like.

On the terrain, I think it should be a bit greener, but I agree that the layout and feel of the place is much more important and you've done a fantastic job with that.

It's projects like this that help soften the blow for the boring and uninspired Sims 4.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top