Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Let it die

1707172737476...Next

Comments

• UntrustedlifeUntrustedlife Posts: 555 Member
    LaAbby wrote: »
    Jimil wrote: »
    The video speaks so much truth. It's relevant till today as nothing ever improves about the game anyway. You paid for more content? Alright let's take away a few in secret. If something does improve then the video might not be as important as it was. However, this is all we have for now and until then.

This thread irritates me. Just saying.

The game has far improved since this video (as horrible as this video is) was posted.

And the content they added is better then the equivalent in any other sims game. outdoor retreat, also a much better deal then any crappy sims 3 stuff pack.

should I remind you all of
    Katy perrys sweet treats, and diseal stuff, horrible horrible, pieces of "content".

sims 4 is just better.

I don't consider half a base game better. There is just WAY too much missing content, secondly the game seems so claustrophobic, and thirdly it's not a sims game anymore.

How is it not a sims game anymore? its still a life sim, no matter how you look at it
    ^ please answer.

The only things really missing now are open world CAS and toddlers, the rest has been added back in, (actual gameplay elements that aren't just aesthetic ) anyway.

People at EA/Maxis have referred to TS4 as both a sitcom & a time management game. The Sims series has always been a sandbox life simulation.

Sandbox play style has yet to be added, not that it should've been removed in the first place.

Heres a good answer.

I personally disagree about it not being a sandbox game, you can play the sim you want to be, like a writer/author/gardener etc.
    And the building has much improved.. The only thing that isnt as sandboxy, In my opinion anyway, is the lack of open world. But its still easy to have a sandbox game that isn't open world, and I, personally, feel the sims is still a sandbox game in this respect.

Just look back at sims 2 (which is way way better then sims 3 btw) and you can see this.

No, I don't think open world would determine if it's sandbox or not. sims 2 has loading screens but it is still a sims game nonetheless.

Building hasn't improved, it's just easier to build, but I wouldn't say it has improved just because it became easier.

The reason I say it isn't a sims game is because it's linear, and not only that but it reminds me of Freeplay, which is a mobile app for "sims".

You can't change lot sizes anymore, you can't move them around, you only have basically the same type and overrated venues such as bars, bars, and more bars. The game wasn't even designed to be a sims game, it was designed to be some kind of online game at first which they scrapped but recycled it into a Sims 4. That's another reason why I don't view this as a sims game.

So you are a fan of the "town buolding" aspect , I wasn't as big into that , in the sims 3, but in the sims 2 I was.
    That is aperfectly legitiment reason to "not like" the game a sit doesnt conform to your playstyle.

Why does it remind you of freeplay, is it the way neighborhoods look? or the UI?

You can create much cooler houses then ever before now actually. (and the pools are much better, you can build pools on different floors of your house and stuff, which is awesome, (pools were brought in in a patch), Ive seen many much better houses in the sims 4, then in the sims 3 (or any other sims game for that matter, and Ive built some neat ones too, the building reminds me of spore (building was really the only good part about that game) though they defy the laws of physics now as-well)

About the game being linear. How is it linear?

I do realize the whole cheesy "level up" system is a bit odd. But you can choose your aspirations and stuff at the beiginning, and can gain skill in anything you want, and there is no set goal, I wouldn't say that is very linear.

I like town-building but I only use it to tell stories. (Another creativity aspect)

UI has nothing to do with Freeplay, it's just the way it is set up you could say. Although freeplay at least has a 3D map, while Sims 4 is just some strange unconnected map. Played the sims 4 and it just reminded me of Freeplay, maybe because of the restrictions.

Also I was always able to build pools on a different floor, I was trying to build a school and placed a pool on the third floor. Which Sims 4 only allows you up to two floors. With Sims 3 I was able to build different levels and in Sims 4 you can only stick to one level. The game doesn't even have a terrain tool, which is also restricting gameplay. The restrictions in Sims 4 is also why it doesn't feel like a sims game. Where is the creativity, where do I control? I can't tell a legacy story either.

Traits don't affect your sims whims, the moods give you the same whim over and over and over ... Sims seem linear here.
    I send them on dates, same requirements all the time. Same with weddings and dinner events. More linear.
    You need goals to achieve in your game, gets repetitive and boring. More linear.

You've asked the questions now I will ask you, how is an unfinished base game called better than the previous sims games? Emotions don't even work in this game, it hasn't brought life to my game at all.

I belive more floors came to Sims 3 as free updates, that will probably happen with sims 4 as-well.Your houses can be 3 floors btw.
    http://o.aolcdn.com/hss/storage/midas/f55ecbc7541803c048edb518a5b72daa/200573630/08-12-14_2-12?AM.jpg

The emotions work fine for me, I guess it being better is more subjective then anything, I just feel like the game "responds" better. Tbh

I think that the stuff that is in the sims 4 has alot more.. intricate details then in the other sims games, for example, the cowplant in sims 3, was pretty lame, it just ate peopel and gave you "milk" or whatever it was called, in the sims 4 you have to grow it properly, after finding the seed.(you just bought it in the other sims games) and then it gives you the benefits, (it just has the extra oomf that brings it from "ok" to "awesome". Its the same with pools, for example, you can create cooler looking pools in general now, in comparison to the sims 3.The children in the sims 4, actually have real interactions with the world as-well. They are just more interesting/cooler/have more things to do, then ever before.

I like the details.

This discussion has been closed.
Return to top