Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Let it die

Comments

• Options
    JULES1111JULES1111 Posts: 4,489 Member
    Vlaxitov wrote: »
    Actually, I think you'll find many feel Sims 2 was the pinnacle, and would be excited to have a Sims 2 with massively updated (as in 2015-PC-not phone/tablet) graphics.

Sims 2 was the pinnacle in many ways, but the simultaneous control of sims in the open neighborhood that Sims 3 offered made it impossible for me to go back to 2.

How about Sims 2 with updated graphics, an open world and (well done) world wide story progression? I'd buy it.

I'd buy 2 just for the heck of it!
  • Options
    xBob18xBob18 Posts: 7,893 Member
    Actually, I think you'll find many feel Sims 2 was the pinnacle, and would be excited to have a Sims 2 with massively updated (as in 2015-PC-not phone/tablet) graphics.

Sims 2 was the pinnacle in many ways, but the simultaneous control of sims in the open neighborhood that Sims 3 offered made it impossible for me to go back to 2.

How about Sims 2 with updated graphics, an open world and (well done) world wide story progression? I'd buy it.
    Definitely!
    oh3cjs.jpg
  • Options
    sparkfairy1sparkfairy1 Posts: 11,453 Member

I could even do without story progression if the AI of sims was done right.

TS4's CAS + TS2's Sims + TS3's worlds, all updated and uniformed to look right together.

Had they done that, I'd be too busy playing it to be chatting on the forums.

Me too. I'd be all over the sims and no time for forums at all! Incidentally at least some of us has made a positive in being nice and meeting nice people through an upsetting, negative situation. I'm thankful for kind simmers :)
  • Options
    JoAnne65JoAnne65 Posts: 22,959 Member
    mortia wrote: »
    Gruffman wrote: »

Sleeping bags came with Generations.
    Tents came with WA.
    Fire pits came in various content.
    Survival items, of a sort, came with IP.

I know a lot of requests for camping content were always showing up in the old forum.

Ok. It is sometimes hard to remember where items came from. I am hoping though there is some actual camping with the gamepack.

Out of curiosity, what is considered actual camping? I'm not a big camper (OK not even a little camper) so I wouldn't really know what to expect besides tents/sleeping bags and campfires. What are you hoping to see besides that?
    Going to the toilets with a toiletroll under your arm? Waiting half an hour before you can take a shower?
    5JZ57S6.png
  • Options
    VlaxitovVlaxitov Posts: 5,798 Member
    edited January 2015

TS4's CAS + TS2's Sims + TS3's worlds, all updated and uniformed to look right together.

Me too. I'd be all over the sims and no time for forums at all! Incidentally at least some of us has made a positive in being nice and meeting nice people through an upsetting, negative situation. I'm thankful for kind simmers :)

..and you can just count on nobody here ever wanted TS4 to be bad.

It looks more like half of those still hanging on are about to have a panic attack because they generally don't play other games so what will they do?

That's the deal IMHO, if this were almost any other game these forums would be full of tumbleweeds right now.
  • Options
    HagfisherHagfisher Posts: 950 Member
    Hagfisher wrote: »
    Did I mention that I like Ed Harris?

Ed Harris with hair just isn't right.

2_Copy_070419111914090_wideweb__300x375.jpg

Needs more forehead.

Ed+Harris.jpg

MUCH BETTER.
    125722018d2ffda673d70ee3796940a120b51e40.png

• Options
    blewis823blewis823 Posts: 9,046 Member

Me too. Shame that we are on the forums so much and a new Sims game is out. That is telling all on it's on. Such a shame.

Nothing to see. I don't even care about the forums.
  • Options

..and you can just count on nobody here ever wanted TS4 to be bad.

It looks more like half of those still hanging on are about to have a panic attack because they generally don't play other games so what will they do?

That's the deal IMHO, if this were almost any other game these forums would be full of tumbleweeds right now.

Yes there's no excuse for EA not to be dealing with this. We are the easiest to please of all customers sitting here waiting to forgive so we can get on board!
  • Options
    ScobreScobre Posts: 20,665 Member
    edited January 2015
    SelenaGrey wrote: »
    I do not want the sims 2 or 3 with updated graphics.

I want a completely new experience that surpass the past iterations. Sure, take some old ideas and put a new spin on them, but I do not want a carbon copy of the sims 2 or 3.
    It's ok, Sims 4 is a copy of the Sims 1 plus Sims Online. ;) It could have almost been called MySims2 as well. When EA said they went back to their roots, they really did mean it.

“Although the world is full of suffering, it is full also of the overcoming of it.” –Helen Keller
  • Options
    edited January 2015

I want a completely new experience that surpass the past iterations. Sure, take some old ideas and put a new spin on them, but I do not want a carbon copy of the sims 2 or 3.

No, you take what was obviously good about TS1-3, work on improving the delivery of those things, and build ideas on top of that.

Keeping the basic formula the same doesn't necessarily result in a carbon copy.

Different for the sake of being different more often than not results in disaster.
  • Options

No, you take what was obviously good about TS1-3, work on improving the delivery of those things, and build ideas on top of that.

No, I don't know anyone who wants a carbon copy. Let's face it an amalgamation of the two games wouldn't equate to a carbon copy of anything because we are ten years later and then of course sims4 needs to bring innovation to the table. It needs to have much better delivery than all the games before!
  • Options
    Scobre wrote: »
    When EA said they went back to their roots, they really did mean it.

All the way down to a fish bowl instead of a fish tank... lol.

• Options
    blewis823blewis823 Posts: 9,046 Member
    Don't have to be a carbon copy of Sims 2 or 3 but they took away everything that made the game special. I want my build cheats back, I want sims to walk off the lot to transportation when they go to work or school, I want to see neighbors going in their houses when they get near them, not walk down the street like mimes. This game is not only missing content and interactions, it's missing the little things that made me fall in love with it. Sure, you can add some fantastic, cool features in but darn it, what's the use when the game is empty and void of immersion. My main enjoyment of the game was scenery and watching sims do their day to day. If it's all pretend then make some pretend visuals with sims disappearing on their own lots and not the end of the public area.

I feel like this post is a waste, those great days are over and if I want it, open my Sims 3 to get some satisfaction.
    Nothing to see. I don't even care about the forums.
  • Options
    edited January 2015
    When EA said they went back to their roots, they really did mean it.

All the way down to a fish bowl instead of a fish tank... lol.
    Yeah. I forgot Sims 1 had that huge fish tank you could swim in too. I've been watching this video seeing all the past commercials of the Sims games over the past 15 years:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TCJfst8H4b0
    It's interesting to reflect on the past games to remember what we loved most about them.
    “Although the world is full of suffering, it is full also of the overcoming of it.” –Helen Keller
  • Options

No, I don't know anyone who wants a carbon copy. Let's face it an amalgamation of the two games wouldn't equate to a carbon copy of anything because we are ten years later and then of course sims4 needs to bring innovation to the table. It needs to have much better delivery than all the games before!

I wouldn't mind combining the sims theme with a survival, crafting, and civ game TBH.

Like start out in fig leaves with spear and work towards progressing towards higher civ.

Gather all your own resources and craft everything from the house to clothes, food, ect.

Reach certain levels of advancement that push you to like the next era of time, though I'd top it out at a steampunky victorian era.

• Options
    Hagfisher wrote: »
    Katlyn2525 wrote: »
    It is definitely not a town. Well maybe if you are out in the sticks, and you don't close your eyes or blink when you are going through it so that you don't miss it.

16hog2g.jpg

It really is more like a sims themed version of the truman show.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_vq27lUV_5g

Where is my Ed Harris? That is what The Truman Show has. Not to mention the town is bigger. And it has Ed Harris. I love the movie.

Did I mention that I like Ed Harris?

The "towns" in Sims 4 are pretty small. I've driven through some towns with less than 10 people in it out in the sticks. Oh, and you could go to the houses without a loading screen. Sims 4 is just... cramped, and the loading screens don't help. Cramped! CHARLIE HORSE.

What language is the video in? It sounds Italian, but I'm not sure. If it is Italian, I highly doubt that Ed Harris parla l'italiano e il film e' "dubbed". Sorry. I'm learning Italian.
    Sì, è italiano ;)
    You can watch The Truman Show over and over again and still get goosebumps all over again.
    5JZ57S6.png
  • Options

I wouldn't mind combining the sims theme with a survival, crafting, and civ game TBH.

Like start out in fig leaves with spear and work towards progressing towards higher civ.

Gather all your own resources and craft everything from the house to clothes, food, ect.

Reach certain levels of advancement that push you to like the next era of time, though I'd top it out at a steampunky victorian era.

That's an inspired spin off idea. EA are you paying attention now? Free good ideas ;)
  • Options
    Apologies. I skimmed the post a few pages back while watching my husband play dragon age and it looked like someone was asking for the sims 4 to be the sims 2 with updated graphics.

It might have been me saying I want TS4's sims to be like TS2's sims, but really only in the sense of TS2 Sims' AI's level of depth.

I want TS4's sims to be as deep as TS2's sims.

• Options
    SpradaciSprojSpradaciSproj Posts: 1,272 Member
    ASDF0716 wrote: »
    There's also this ridiculous belief among people that when a thread is moved out of "General Discussion" to "Feedback" that EAxis "ZOMG! Trying to kill mah thread! They sent it to the graveyard!"

Which is also not true. It's where it's supposed to be and where it should have been created in the first place.

Usually, the first section I go to is Feedback.
  • Options
    Personally, I've always wanted wow and the sims to have a baby together.

I want to be able to adventure and quest in an open world with mounts, fighting and raids etc, and then have a home I can completely customize where I can have a family to interact with.

I don't know if it would ever be possible, but it's like my dream game.

And a perfectly amazing standalone game spin off. Like medieval but actually done properly ;)
  • Options

The Sims Minecraft! First thing that popped into my head.
  • Options
    Cinebar wrote: »
    Goldmoldar wrote: »
    Open world in Sims series IMHO is superior to a closed world, you start to feel disconnected waiting for a screen to load and with so much cut from Sims 4 it is just as bad. I feel limited and sure you got emotions Whoop Whoop itty doo I guess that makes it a game. Even if it is a base game It is a game that does not have that pizazz that makes you never want to stop playing. I feel even with the EPs and GPs you still have limits again due to what was cut out. I played it less than 80 hours and now do not even open it no more. Glad it did not make the list for GOTY or worth mentioning.

Sims 4 is not Sims 3. I have played my game 67 hours and am still not tired of it. I do however, tend to play it like a casual game, only up to 4 hours at a time. It doesn't have enough content *yet* for me to want to play it much longer than that unless I am focusing on skilling up my Sims, working on their aspirations or getting them promoted at work (yes, there are some bugs in the promotion system that I believe EA will fix, hopefully with the next patch). Once I get enough CC objects in my game, building and furnishing lots will be something I would like to focus on, once there is a neighborhood with empty lots left to build on. These won't be for the gallery however due to the CC. I am not a "family player", I don't generally do legacies. In fact, I usually turn off aging in my game. I am still exploring the possibilities with the emotions system (just recently had a sim make Flaming Spaghetti- the animations while eating it are hilarious), and differences in Sims with different Sims 4 traits.

Did you feel the same way about 'The Sims', The Sims 2, and or The Sims 3? I'm just curious why those who say they really love it and or like it a whole bunch, find it lacking, but has potential. I'm really wondering did you not want to get out of bed and get to your PC as fast as you could with the other games either? I did, I had a hard time making myself cut off the PC and go on to work sometimes in the earlier games. lol I have even stayed up way past my bedtime, (and I'm an adult) way up into the wee hours because I wanted to play the other base games. This one just doesn't have that zing that keeps a player that involved, and comparing it to the other bases, then one has to ask, why not? What content are we talking about? I don't think we are talking about 'objects' lol, but the gameplay itself is very redundant, repeats itself, and not very challenging because of again, no failure in the game and things like slot popping. As far as a life simulator have you wondered why you don't play it for ten, twelve hours? I would guess it has nothing to do with object missing from the game.

I've never sat and played any game for ten, twelve hours as I do have a life outside of my PC B)
    With TS2 I would play for a few hours at a time..4 hours at the most. TS3 no. I went back to TS2 for 2 years before I could even get completely interested in TS3. I was bored out of my mind with the Sims 3 base game in a few days after release. Sims 3...the worlds were gorgeous but for me that was it. The Sims themselves really did nothing for me and had to have a crap load of CC to make them look even half decent, in my opinion.

I'm more about the Sims than the world and I am so glad that they've gone back to that in TS4. There are some things that are lacking, yes, but I have not become bored at all yet. I'm a family player and I play the way I want to play. It doesn't feel redundant or grindy to me. But that's just me. Others feel differently obviously. Although it would be nice if people would just accept that people do like the game and not have to interrogate them and make them justify why.
    Still haven't played S2, but I'm really getting the impression the statement 'Sims 4 went back to the sims again' is an 'insult' towards the sims in 2. If the sims in 4 remind me of anything, it's my sims in 3. Meaning: their reactions are mechanical and robotic, despite their smooth animations. They imitated the smooth animations alright, but they don't feel alive and smart at all. In fact in a lot of situations they are less smart than those in 3.

I always thought Sims 2 was about animations, but reading these forums I'm starting to realise it must have been more than that. There was some kind of interaction going on in that game Sims 3 lacked, but Sims 4 is lacking it as well.
    Now, maybe I'm mistaken and the sims in 2 are idealized. But if they are not, then Sims 4 didn't go back to that at all.

My Sim experience is a little different than most.

I was first introduced to The Sims with TS3. I'd never heard of it until a friend recommended it. I bought the base game and I was entranced. These wonderful little digital people at my direction. It was great. Then I found the forum and started interacting there. I read enough about TS2 that I was curious. So during a slightly bored spell (I was waiting for a new TS3 EP to come out) I tracked down a copy of the TS2 base game on eBay or somewhere.

I was blown away!!!! Yes the graphics were different, yes it was an older game, yes it was a closed world but I continued on. I found a connection to these little people that I had never felt with TS3.

I know other people are going to feel differently but to me comparing TS4 to TS2 is like comparing an old Volkswagen to a vintage Rolls......TS4 being the Volkswagen.
    That's exactly the reason I want to try the game out myself.
    I find myself connecting to my sims in 3 very much, but that highly depends on what happens in my mind while playing, creating their story's. Something that doesn't happen at all in 4 by the way.
    5JZ57S6.png
  • Options
    Personally, I've always wanted wow and the sims to have a baby together.

I want to be able to adventure and quest in an open world with mounts, fighting and raids etc, and then have a home I can completely customize where I can have a family to interact with.

I don't know if it would ever be possible, but it's like my dream game.

And a perfectly amazing standalone game spin off. Like medieval but actually done properly ;)

Its actually an idea I've been thinking about for like 5-6 years now.

I would pretty much shamelessly lift the general theme of the end world from this game.

_-Arcanum-Of-Steamworks-and-Magick-Obscura-PC-_.jpg

I've gone as far as getting 100's of hours into game engine instructional videos and beginning to work with blender but man, it really is a daunting task even with the almost no code required tech there is today.

• Options
    People get too caught up on catchy graphics. It's like music. You can have a nice beat and trashy lyrics. Some people like it. I prefer something better. Classier. Even the older recordings, sometimes vintage really sounds better. So many games are ditching good stories and engaging plots for flashy graphics with no depth. I do not approve.
    I agree to some extend. But must add that in a Sims game graphics are important to me, because it's about simulating a life more than just playing the game. The graphics of the environment and the looks of the sims is more important I think than in other games.
    5JZ57S6.png
  • Options

The Sims Minecraft! First thing that popped into my head.

I'd probably still want the building to be modular, for the sake of your world looking good.

This discussion has been closed.
Return to top