DECEMBER 12 - It's Patch Day for The Sims 4! Check out whats fixed.
The Sims 4 Cats & Dogs: Create The Most Unique Pets With Create A Pet! Read more on the blog.
The Sims 4 Is Coming To Xbox One and PlayStation 4! Read the blog for more info.

Let it die

Comments

  • GruffmanGruffman Posts: 4,744 Member
    edited January 2015
    So about this video in the OP, any more thoughts?

    I haven't watched the video yet, I kinda got the gist of it from what people have posted. Besides, the last video I saw that was posted on the forums I had issues with, but that is a whole other topic.
    For example, I've heard that open world and CASt aren't possible. I've read in other threads that it's not certain whether the engine could handle adding in toddlers. Thoughts?

    they also said the same about pools if I remember correctly. Open world, I don't think a full open world is possible ... but they might be able to open up say a neighborhood, or a downtown like strip mall. CAST should be possible, and even if we cannot get a full CAST, I think it could handle a basic color wheel or a pallet of colors to swap. Colors do not refine anything. Toddlers, I do believe they can be added in.

  • blueasbutterflyblueasbutterfly Posts: 3,425 Member
    mortia wrote: »
    Bye! Okay now back to the topic at hand.

    I wish they would tell us what the engine is capable of. Any programmers around? It would be more useful to discuss whether to keep or scrap if we knew what could be done.

    For example, I've heard that open world and CASt aren't possible. I've read in other threads that it's not certain whether the engine could handle adding in toddlers. Thoughts?

    I am dubious about Open World or CASt ever coming back, but I am curious as to why people wouldn't think that the engine could handle toddlers?

    I read a thread on Mod The Sims one day where someone basically asked, how much of TS4 could potentially be changed by Modders. One of the replies surprised me by saying that really, the sky was the limit, assuming that Modders had access to the code. What do you think? Could there possibly be a day that we see a Twallan-esque Modder come along and make the game playable in the way that many of us want it to be? Would it even be a possibility?

    What I had read from people who said they had looked into the engine was that certain things would be difficult to program in. It made sense to me but I'm a hardware person not a programmer. It would be interesting to know what other people think who know better xD
    toddlersig3_zps62792e0c.jpg
  • mortiamortia Posts: 1,083 Member
    SelenaGrey wrote: »
    mortia wrote: »
    Bye! Okay now back to the topic at hand.

    I wish they would tell us what the engine is capable of. Any programmers around? It would be more useful to discuss whether to keep or scrap if we knew what could be done.

    For example, I've heard that open world and CASt aren't possible. I've read in other threads that it's not certain whether the engine could handle adding in toddlers. Thoughts?

    I am dubious about Open World or CASt ever coming back, but I am curious as to why people wouldn't think that the engine could handle toddlers?

    I read a thread on Mod The Sims one day where someone basically asked, how much of TS4 could potentially be changed by Modders. One of the replies surprised me by saying that really, the sky was the limit, assuming that Modders had access to the code. What do you think? Could there possibly be a day that we see a Twallan-esque Modder come along and make the game playable in the way that many of us want it to be? Would it even be a possibility?

    I'm honestly not sure, but what I am sure of is that they shouldn't have to. I do not want to have to rely on mods to make my game playable. If I get so dependent on a mod only to have that modder quit the game and stop updating it what then? There goes my game.

    We paid good money for this game and it's just a hollowed shell of what it should be. EA should be fixing it, not the community.

    I agree 100%, there have been a few times that I wanted to tell you about the mod that fixes the changes to the Never Weary trait, but I got the feeling that it was all about the principle of what EA did and them taking responsibility for it, rather than being able to hotfix it.

    I just don't trust EA to do much of anything. Their track record in the past has left me unimpressed and their actions on TS4 so far have left me beyond annoyed.
  • ErpeErpe Posts: 5,043 Member
    Katlyn2525 wrote: »
    Erpe wrote: »
    Katlyn2525 wrote: »
    Erpe wrote: »
    Cyron43 wrote: »
    Vlaxitov wrote: »
    An open world IS better. I don't even know why people would take the position that they prefer it to be closed just because some game developing team had problems coding a video game. Plenty of game developers have no problems with putting HUGE open areas in their games and those are games that will still run on a broad spectrum of PC's, so that's not a valid excuse to me either. We sacrificed a ton of control by not having an open world in the sims. How can you honestly say that you don't mind not being able to control multiple sims doing multiple things in multiple areas of town anymore? That you like how it works now better... lol..
    ^THAT!

    And to the people who think there will be Sims 5 if Sims 4 fails, well it was Rodiek himself who said quite contrary. I don't have a link at hand right now but I know I am not the only one who has read it.

    EDIT: I just googled it and got way over 8.000 matches! So it's all over the internet.
    /en_US/home/leaving?target=https%3A%2F%2Fgoogle.de%2Fsearch%3Fnum%3D30%26amp%3Bnewwindow%3D1%26amp%3Bsite%3D%26amp%3Bsource%3Dhp%26amp%3Bq%3Drodiek%2Bno%2Bsims%2B5%26amp%3Boq%3Drodiek%2Bno%2Bsims%2B5%26amp%3Bgs_l%3Dhp.3...1409.8636.0.9012.17.17.0.0.0.0.311.1913.13j2j0j2.17.0.msedr...0...1c.1.60.hp..9.8.929.0.-SeK62LHt7U" class="Popup
    This is old news because the Sims 4 has already sold more than 1.5 million copies and that is even physical DVDs only. So the Sims 4 didn't fail at all even if people stopped buying it now. Therefore there is no reason at all to assume that EA won't start making the Sims 5 in a few months. they almost certainly will.

    That doesn't mean that they already will decide all the details about the Sims 5 though because they will review and change details and plans many times as usual before they have the final version of the game. So the reception of the game packs for the new game packs will of course also among other things influence what kind of game the Sims 5 will be. But the game will be designed and unless something unexpected happens it will also be released in something like 2019.

    In 4 months time and with massive sales.
    It doesn't matter because the number of digital downloads was high and EA keeps all the money for themselves when they sell a game as a digital download.

    I don't know how big EA's income from the Sims 4 has been compared to what they got from the Sims 3. But I do know that compared to all other current games from EA the Sims 4 sales numbers have been extremely good. So there is no chance that EA won't make more Sims games just because a few people in this forum don't like the Sims 4.

    Then why aren't they bragging about the Sims 4 sales? They do brag when things are going well.
    I think that they only brag when the sales numbers set new records. If they are only close to this or if it is only their earnings which set a record then they usually don't brag.
  • AnavastiaAnavastia Posts: 6,515 Member
    edited January 2015
    Katlyn2525 wrote: »
    The points in the video are valid. You can't say anything about the pools because at the time the video was made the pools did not exist in the game. I am glad they were added back in later.

    Also who is to say pools weren't going to be DLC. Just because they patched in for free doesn't mean it was never intended as DLC. I doubt. I doubt we would have gotten them free or anything if it were not for most the simmers being horribly upset.

    I am glad they were added in later, however clearly they weren't apart of the original base game design. Who knows what other long list of content that's been stripped from the game awaits us in the store.

    I mean look at this game pack. Camping has always been apart of an expansion, however now for 20 dollars you can buy it separate from the game as dlc.
  • PHOEBESMOM601PHOEBESMOM601 Posts: 14,260 Member
    Gruffman wrote: »
    So about this video in the OP, any more thoughts?

    I haven't watched the video yet, I kinda got the gist of it from what people have posted. Besides, the last video I saw that was posted on the forums I had issues with, but that is a whole other topic.
    For example, I've heard that open world and CASt aren't possible. I've read in other threads that it's not certain whether the engine could handle adding in toddlers. Thoughts?

    they also said the same about pools if I remember correctly. Open world, I don't think a full open world is possible ... but they might be able to open up say a neighborhood, or a downtown like strip mall. CAST should be possible, and even if we cannot get a full CAST, I think it could handle a basic color wheel or a pallet of colors to swap. Colors do not refine anything. Toddlers, I do believe they can be added in.


    This is the release that talks about pools and toddlers

    http://www.thesims.com/news/whats-out-and-whats-in



    The fact is, we owe you a clearer explanation for why pools and toddlers will not be in The Sims 4 at launch, so here goes. It begins with new technology and systems that we built for this new base game for The Sims – a new AI system, new animation system, new audio positioning tools, new locomotion logic, new routing intelligence and much more are all entirely new in this game. The vision for The Sims 4 is a new experience that brings your Sims to life in deeper and uniquely personal ways – through emotions, personality traits, behaviors and interactions. To do that, our technology base needed a major upgrade.


    I might be missing something but I'm not positive that there is really an explanation of why. To me it reads more like a political stump speech.

    "People really love to explore 'failure states. In fact, the failure states are really much more interesting than the success states." ~ Will Wright
  • JimilJimil Posts: 4,443 Member
    edited January 2015
    So are you guys gonna join whoever is the guy talking in the video in letting the game die? You guys should do it soon so we can get The Sims 5 already :kissing_heart:
    IV242ut.gif
    The Captain Who Stole My Heart is out now! Click on the titles below to start reading my other stories :kissing_heart:
    <3 Warm an Old Man's Heart <3 Dreamers of the Day <3 The Captain Who Stole My Heart <3
  • blueasbutterflyblueasbutterfly Posts: 3,425 Member
    Gruffman wrote: »
    So about this video in the OP, any more thoughts?

    I haven't watched the video yet, I kinda got the gist of it from what people have posted. Besides, the last video I saw that was posted on the forums I had issues with, but that is a whole other topic.
    For example, I've heard that open world and CASt aren't possible. I've read in other threads that it's not certain whether the engine could handle adding in toddlers. Thoughts?

    they also said the same about pools if I remember correctly. Open world, I don't think a full open world is possible ... but they might be able to open up say a neighborhood, or a downtown like strip mall. CAST should be possible, and even if we cannot get a full CAST, I think it could handle a basic color wheel or a pallet of colors to swap. Colors do not refine anything. Toddlers, I do believe they can be added in.

    I hope you're right! I'd love to see someone comment on the sticky in the ideas section about what is/isn't possible. I mean a lot of us could just save our breath if it's not possible. Then again, we could stop being so frustrated if they told us what they were working on ;) i don't even know anymore.
    toddlersig3_zps62792e0c.jpg
  • GruffmanGruffman Posts: 4,744 Member
    Anavastia wrote: »
    I mean look at this game pack. Camping has always been apart of an expansion, however now for 20 dollars you can buy it separate from the game.

    I don't know if I would call the tents and such for WA as camping as they are being showed for the gamepack. But I can't think of any other camping stuff that has been in an EP.

  • Katlyn2525Katlyn2525 Posts: 3,928 Member
    edited January 2015
    Hey man, I respect your post. To your specific question, I don't think anyone in the studio was blind to knowing there were some things that wouldn't be in the base game that fans would be disappointed to learn about. There were many discussions about the appropriate time to break that news. There's never a "good" time to share info that people won't be happy about. I'm genuinely sorry if the silence on some topics gave the distinct impression that we were leading up to some grand news.

    This has been the first time I've been involved in the transition between one Sims game to the next, and I've thought for some time about the challenge of introducing a a Sims sequel compared to other game franchises out there. In many ways a Sims game has more built in expectations, while at the same time we're working hard to re-build systems from scratch for a new engine every time. Having something like weather working in Sims 2 meant next to nothing when it came to implementing it in Sims 3 for example. It's not like a FPS where you can add a mix of some new guns, new enemies, new levels, and people buy in. It's not typically the difficulty of the work involved either, but the time necessary to do things right. Time is the most precious commodity in game development. I wasn't on this team when many of the decisions were made that led to our final set of features, which does make me curious about what goes into that process of deciding which features a Sim game launches with. I'm familiar with some similar sentiments from Sims 3. For example... no hot tubs in the base game, but gardening was there. Sims 4 is no different... missing some things that people expected to be there, but adding other things that previously came in expansion packs. Of course new features are mixed in as well.

    I'm looking forward to the point where you have all your answers and we start discussing (and showing) more of what it is that make The Sims 4 great - there are genuinely wonderful things in it that players will enjoy. We've had people (long time Sims fans included) coming into the studio to play the game and give us feedback, and it's been encouraging seeing their responses keep going up as we refine what this game is. My favorite thing I saw was giving one group the option to break for lunch, and everyone stayed at their computer and kept playing because they were having so much fun. Ultimately we all know that launching a Sims game isn't an end but a new beginning, so if you feel let down today I hope we'll show you through our actions why you'll want to jump back in down the line,

    That is what was said by Graham.
  • mortiamortia Posts: 1,083 Member
    Gruffman wrote: »
    Anavastia wrote: »
    I mean look at this game pack. Camping has always been apart of an expansion, however now for 20 dollars you can buy it separate from the game.

    I don't know if I would call the tents and such for WA as camping as they are being showed for the gamepack. But I can't think of any other camping stuff that has been in an EP.

    Bon Voyage had an entire Vacation world for Camping, didn't it? Didn't that introduce the camping stuff to TS2? I honestly can't remember if it was there before tat point.
  • natashifiednatashified Posts: 3,314 Member
    mortia wrote: »
    Gruffman wrote: »
    Anavastia wrote: »
    I mean look at this game pack. Camping has always been apart of an expansion, however now for 20 dollars you can buy it separate from the game.

    I don't know if I would call the tents and such for WA as camping as they are being showed for the gamepack. But I can't think of any other camping stuff that has been in an EP.

    Bon Voyage had an entire Vacation world for Camping, didn't it? Didn't that introduce the camping stuff to TS2? I honestly can't remember if it was there before tat point.

    It did, it was called "three lakes"
    Need some truth tea?
  • AnavastiaAnavastia Posts: 6,515 Member
    edited January 2015
    Gruffman wrote: »
    Anavastia wrote: »
    I mean look at this game pack. Camping has always been apart of an expansion, however now for 20 dollars you can buy it separate from the game.

    I don't know if I would call the tents and such for WA as camping as they are being showed for the gamepack. But I can't think of any other camping stuff that has been in an EP.

    Vacations in sims 1 and vacations in sims 2. Camping was apart of WA expansion it was more than just the tent, remember you get alpine valley and or what was it three lakes for sims 2. It's always been apart of the expansion.

    think of it this way if you play 20 dollars for each part of a map and game content that Vacations possessed in sims 1 you'd pay 80 dollars for an expansion as to paying about 40 to 50. Again paying more than what the actual content is worth.

    The sad thing is the npc isn't even clara the bear that tip toes and steals honey it's just an npc in a costume.....
  • ASDF0716ASDF0716 Posts: 1,703 Member
    Katlyn2525 wrote: »
    Hey man, I respect your post. To your specific question, I don't think anyone in the studio was blind to knowing there were some things that wouldn't be in the base game that fans would be disappointed to learn about. There were many discussions about the appropriate time to break that news. There's never a "good" time to share info that people won't be happy about. I'm genuinely sorry if the silence on some topics gave the distinct impression that we were leading up to some grand news.

    This has been the first time I've been involved in the transition between one Sims game to the next, and I've thought for some time about the challenge of introducing a a Sims sequel compared to other game franchises out there. In many ways a Sims game has more built in expectations, while at the same time we're working hard to re-build systems from scratch for a new engine every time. Having something like weather working in Sims 2 meant next to nothing when it came to implementing it in Sims 3 for example. It's not like a FPS where you can add a mix of some new guns, new enemies, new levels, and people buy in. It's not typically the difficulty of the work involved either, but the time necessary to do things right. Time is the most precious commodity in game development. I wasn't on this team when many of the decisions were made that led to our final set of features, which does make me curious about what goes into that process of deciding which features a Sim game launches with. I'm familiar with some similar sentiments from Sims 3. For example... no hot tubs in the base game, but gardening was there. Sims 4 is no different... missing some things that people expected to be there, but adding other things that previously came in expansion packs. Of course new features are mixed in as well.

    I'm looking forward to the point where you have all your answers and we start discussing (and showing) more of what it is that make The Sims 4 great - there are genuinely wonderful things in it that players will enjoy. We've had people (long time Sims fans included) coming into the studio to play the game and give us feedback, and it's been encouraging seeing their responses keep going up as we refine what this game is. My favorite thing I saw was giving one group the option to break for lunch, and everyone stayed at their computer and kept playing because they were having so much fun. Ultimately we all know that launching a Sims game isn't an end but a new beginning, so if you feel let down today I hope we'll show you through our actions why you'll want to jump back in down the line,

    That is what was said by Graham.

    when? out of curiosity...
  • PHOEBESMOM601PHOEBESMOM601 Posts: 14,260 Member
    edited January 2015
    Gruffman wrote: »
    Anavastia wrote: »
    I mean look at this game pack. Camping has always been apart of an expansion, however now for 20 dollars you can buy it separate from the game.

    I don't know if I would call the tents and such for WA as camping as they are being showed for the gamepack. But I can't think of any other camping stuff that has been in an EP.

    Sleeping bags came with Generations.
    Tents came with WA.
    Fire pits came in various content.
    Survival items, of a sort, came with IP.

    I know a lot of requests for camping content were always showing up in the old forum.

    Thought of another one. Outhouses in the Movie SP

    "People really love to explore 'failure states. In fact, the failure states are really much more interesting than the success states." ~ Will Wright
  • GruffmanGruffman Posts: 4,744 Member
    Jimil wrote: »
    So are you guys gonna join whoever is the guy talking in the video in letting the game die? You guys should do it soon so we can get The Sims 5 already :kissing_heart:

    No. The game doesn't need to die. Improvements, sure. We can talk all day long about improving it, but dying, it is a little too early for that.
  • Katlyn2525Katlyn2525 Posts: 3,928 Member
    ASDF0716 wrote: »
    Katlyn2525 wrote: »
    Hey man, I respect your post. To your specific question, I don't think anyone in the studio was blind to knowing there were some things that wouldn't be in the base game that fans would be disappointed to learn about. There were many discussions about the appropriate time to break that news. There's never a "good" time to share info that people won't be happy about. I'm genuinely sorry if the silence on some topics gave the distinct impression that we were leading up to some grand news.

    This has been the first time I've been involved in the transition between one Sims game to the next, and I've thought for some time about the challenge of introducing a a Sims sequel compared to other game franchises out there. In many ways a Sims game has more built in expectations, while at the same time we're working hard to re-build systems from scratch for a new engine every time. Having something like weather working in Sims 2 meant next to nothing when it came to implementing it in Sims 3 for example. It's not like a FPS where you can add a mix of some new guns, new enemies, new levels, and people buy in. It's not typically the difficulty of the work involved either, but the time necessary to do things right. Time is the most precious commodity in game development. I wasn't on this team when many of the decisions were made that led to our final set of features, which does make me curious about what goes into that process of deciding which features a Sim game launches with. I'm familiar with some similar sentiments from Sims 3. For example... no hot tubs in the base game, but gardening was there. Sims 4 is no different... missing some things that people expected to be there, but adding other things that previously came in expansion packs. Of course new features are mixed in as well.

    I'm looking forward to the point where you have all your answers and we start discussing (and showing) more of what it is that make The Sims 4 great - there are genuinely wonderful things in it that players will enjoy. We've had people (long time Sims fans included) coming into the studio to play the game and give us feedback, and it's been encouraging seeing their responses keep going up as we refine what this game is. My favorite thing I saw was giving one group the option to break for lunch, and everyone stayed at their computer and kept playing because they were having so much fun. Ultimately we all know that launching a Sims game isn't an end but a new beginning, so if you feel let down today I hope we'll show you through our actions why you'll want to jump back in down the line,

    That is what was said by Graham.

    when? out of curiosity...

    Last June.

  • ASDF0716ASDF0716 Posts: 1,703 Member
    edited January 2015
    Katlyn2525 wrote: »
    ASDF0716 wrote: »
    Katlyn2525 wrote: »
    Hey man, I respect your post. To your specific question, I don't think anyone in the studio was blind to knowing there were some things that wouldn't be in the base game that fans would be disappointed to learn about. There were many discussions about the appropriate time to break that news. There's never a "good" time to share info that people won't be happy about. I'm genuinely sorry if the silence on some topics gave the distinct impression that we were leading up to some grand news.

    This has been the first time I've been involved in the transition between one Sims game to the next, and I've thought for some time about the challenge of introducing a a Sims sequel compared to other game franchises out there. In many ways a Sims game has more built in expectations, while at the same time we're working hard to re-build systems from scratch for a new engine every time. Having something like weather working in Sims 2 meant next to nothing when it came to implementing it in Sims 3 for example. It's not like a FPS where you can add a mix of some new guns, new enemies, new levels, and people buy in. It's not typically the difficulty of the work involved either, but the time necessary to do things right. Time is the most precious commodity in game development. I wasn't on this team when many of the decisions were made that led to our final set of features, which does make me curious about what goes into that process of deciding which features a Sim game launches with. I'm familiar with some similar sentiments from Sims 3. For example... no hot tubs in the base game, but gardening was there. Sims 4 is no different... missing some things that people expected to be there, but adding other things that previously came in expansion packs. Of course new features are mixed in as well.

    I'm looking forward to the point where you have all your answers and we start discussing (and showing) more of what it is that make The Sims 4 great - there are genuinely wonderful things in it that players will enjoy. We've had people (long time Sims fans included) coming into the studio to play the game and give us feedback, and it's been encouraging seeing their responses keep going up as we refine what this game is. My favorite thing I saw was giving one group the option to break for lunch, and everyone stayed at their computer and kept playing because they were having so much fun. Ultimately we all know that launching a Sims game isn't an end but a new beginning, so if you feel let down today I hope we'll show you through our actions why you'll want to jump back in down the line,

    That is what was said by Graham.

    when? out of curiosity...

    Last June.

    I wonder what he would say now...

    Part of me understands that they knew fans would be upset at launch. I wonder if they knew it it would be this many, this vocal for this long, however...
  • JimilJimil Posts: 4,443 Member
    Gruffman wrote: »
    Jimil wrote: »
    So are you guys gonna join whoever is the guy talking in the video in letting the game die? You guys should do it soon so we can get The Sims 5 already :kissing_heart:

    No. The game doesn't need to die. Improvements, sure. We can talk all day long about improving it, but dying, it is a little too early for that.
    You're right. It doesn't need to die. It just needs to move on by making a new Sims game and leave the past mistakes behind.
    IV242ut.gif
    The Captain Who Stole My Heart is out now! Click on the titles below to start reading my other stories :kissing_heart:
    <3 Warm an Old Man's Heart <3 Dreamers of the Day <3 The Captain Who Stole My Heart <3
  • GruffmanGruffman Posts: 4,744 Member

    Sleeping bags came with Generations.
    Tents came with WA.
    Fire pits came in various content.
    Survival items, of a sort, came with IP.

    I know a lot of requests for camping content were always showing up in the old forum.

    Ok. It is sometimes hard to remember where items came from. I am hoping though there is some actual camping with the gamepack.

  • mortiamortia Posts: 1,083 Member
    Gruffman wrote: »

    Sleeping bags came with Generations.
    Tents came with WA.
    Fire pits came in various content.
    Survival items, of a sort, came with IP.

    I know a lot of requests for camping content were always showing up in the old forum.

    Ok. It is sometimes hard to remember where items came from. I am hoping though there is some actual camping with the gamepack.

    Out of curiosity, what is considered actual camping? I'm not a big camper (OK not even a little camper) so I wouldn't really know what to expect besides tents/sleeping bags and campfires. What are you hoping to see besides that?
  • Katlyn2525Katlyn2525 Posts: 3,928 Member
    ASDF0716 wrote: »
    Katlyn2525 wrote: »
    ASDF0716 wrote: »
    Katlyn2525 wrote: »
    Hey man, I respect your post. To your specific question, I don't think anyone in the studio was blind to knowing there were some things that wouldn't be in the base game that fans would be disappointed to learn about. There were many discussions about the appropriate time to break that news. There's never a "good" time to share info that people won't be happy about. I'm genuinely sorry if the silence on some topics gave the distinct impression that we were leading up to some grand news.

    This has been the first time I've been involved in the transition between one Sims game to the next, and I've thought for some time about the challenge of introducing a a Sims sequel compared to other game franchises out there. In many ways a Sims game has more built in expectations, while at the same time we're working hard to re-build systems from scratch for a new engine every time. Having something like weather working in Sims 2 meant next to nothing when it came to implementing it in Sims 3 for example. It's not like a FPS where you can add a mix of some new guns, new enemies, new levels, and people buy in. It's not typically the difficulty of the work involved either, but the time necessary to do things right. Time is the most precious commodity in game development. I wasn't on this team when many of the decisions were made that led to our final set of features, which does make me curious about what goes into that process of deciding which features a Sim game launches with. I'm familiar with some similar sentiments from Sims 3. For example... no hot tubs in the base game, but gardening was there. Sims 4 is no different... missing some things that people expected to be there, but adding other things that previously came in expansion packs. Of course new features are mixed in as well.

    I'm looking forward to the point where you have all your answers and we start discussing (and showing) more of what it is that make The Sims 4 great - there are genuinely wonderful things in it that players will enjoy. We've had people (long time Sims fans included) coming into the studio to play the game and give us feedback, and it's been encouraging seeing their responses keep going up as we refine what this game is. My favorite thing I saw was giving one group the option to break for lunch, and everyone stayed at their computer and kept playing because they were having so much fun. Ultimately we all know that launching a Sims game isn't an end but a new beginning, so if you feel let down today I hope we'll show you through our actions why you'll want to jump back in down the line,

    That is what was said by Graham.

    when? out of curiosity...

    Last June.

    I wonder what he would say now...

    Part of me understands that they knew fans would be upset at launch. I wonder if they knew it it would be this many, this vocal for this long, however...

    I think it is suits, not dev's.

  • GruffmanGruffman Posts: 4,744 Member
    Jimil wrote: »
    You're right. It doesn't need to die. It just needs to move on by making a new Sims game and leave the past mistakes behind.

    And with that, back to lurking.

    So much for having an actual conversation. good luck in the thread guys.
  • Sanriel85Sanriel85 Posts: 337 Member
    > @Jimil said:
    > Gruffman wrote: »
    >
    > Jimil wrote: »
    >
    > So are you guys gonna join whoever is the guy talking in the video in letting the game die? You guys should do it soon so we can get The Sims 5 already
    >
    >
    >
    >
    > No. The game doesn't need to die. Improvements, sure. We can talk all day long about improving it, but dying, it is a little too early for that.
    >
    >
    >
    > You're right. It doesn't need to die. It just needs to move on by making a new Sims game and leave the past mistakes behind.

    Sometimes i love to smile when read such jokes.
    tumblr_nsyn5eQjPh1uzuvlbo1_500.gif
  • JimilJimil Posts: 4,443 Member
    Sanriel85 wrote: »
    > @Jimil said:<br />
    > Gruffman wrote: »<br />
    > <br />
    > Jimil wrote: »<br />
    > <br />
    > So are you guys gonna join whoever is the guy talking in the video in letting the game die? You guys should do it soon so we can get The Sims 5 already <br />
    > <br />
    > <br />
    > <br />
    > <br />
    > No. The game doesn't need to die. Improvements, sure. We can talk all day long about improving it, but dying, it is a little too early for that.<br />
    > <br />
    > <br />
    > <br />
    > You're right. It doesn't need to die. It just needs to move on by making a new Sims game and leave the past mistakes behind.<br />
    <br />
    Sometimes i love to smile when read such jokes.
    Good for you! Anything else you wanted to share about the topic?

    P.S. I'm just helping you out because you're about to go off-topic :kissing_heart:
    IV242ut.gif
    The Captain Who Stole My Heart is out now! Click on the titles below to start reading my other stories :kissing_heart:
    <3 Warm an Old Man's Heart <3 Dreamers of the Day <3 The Captain Who Stole My Heart <3
This discussion has been closed.
Return to top