Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

What happened in your sims 3 game today?

Comments

• CharlottesmomCharlottesmom Posts: 7,015 Member
    @Charlottesmom Boy, I still remember when they were still shooting X-Files up where we are. I also remember Duchovny crying about the incessant rain. ~snicker~

@Nikkei_Simmer , David does seem a complainer....poor boy wasn’t used to that nice wet Canadian weather!
  • Nikkei_SimmerNikkei_Simmer Posts: 9,405 Member
    Yeah, my wife got used to the weather faster than he did. She did what all good "Canadian transplants" do and decided to get herself an umbrella and "a toque..." :D
    GYZ6Ak9.png
    Always "River McIrish" ...and maybe some Bebe Hart. ~innocent expression~
    edited January 2018
    @Nikkei_Simmer , He never smoked real ciggs (while filming the show) they were clove cigarettes...I was shocked to see him last night as he was supposed to be DEAD!! :o
  • T_MariT_Mari Posts: 75 Member
    @Minx11 it's really good. For the house I built I spent more than a day creating it and I used a lot of cc but yours was done in only 2hrs and it was just game content. xD. I love it!
    What I did was make a blueprint for mines and I drew how I wanted the exterior on paper (a rough sketch) and what i could do easily, i looked for CC to help my 'vision'. I spend way too much time watching fixer upper.
  • Minx11Minx11 Posts: 1,386 Member
    @T_Mari I usually try to imagine what kind of house I want and what I need in it (Like, how many bedrooms), and then I just build, but I actually wanted something that looked good and nice, I also drew on ideas from my school that I go to, like, the "front" of the house with the long hallway is kinda like what the school is, so I'm going to try something similar, but not quite the same on my next build, maybe not as large and extravegant as that one I've just done, but I like the airy and open idea of it.
  • bekkasanbekkasan Posts: 10,171 Member

@Charlottesmom Well, dag, I was just getting into it and you just shut the story down. Bummer!! :tongue: Great update! How long before the next? I'm gonna have to start bugging you like I do @emorrill. :lol: I know you won't give hints, but, I seem to have a thing for May-December romances so I know who I am rooting for in that triangle.

@Minx11 I don't have the console version so not sure what is involved with building on it. Your house looks great. The big thing I try to do is provide extra space so there is not routing issues. I don't know how that works on a console though.

@king_of_simcity7 I'm not sure what world you live in, but in mine, we don't have kitchens outside, grills yes, kitchens no. :tongue: Otherwise, great update. :)
    My latest project is a laundromat, I kind of have gotten the inside done, but the exterior takes more time, I worked on it for 4 hours yesterday because I chose the wrong lot size at first and needed to redo the whole thing.

this is the whole plan.
    5Eb0uEt.jpg

this is where they throw out garbage
    Ev4FxXC.jpg

this is their office. I kind of went crazy here, i was thinking that since i dont have security cameras, my sims need an open window to view the patrons entering (then I remembered that no one would actually work there but I guess it is now an amusement factor for me)
    3sxq9MX.jpg
    (by the desk has the two large windows like a glass screen)
    hQ1tOc2.jpg
    (there's a deep fryer in case my imaginary workers gets hungry)

this is the laundry area
    3k86uug.jpg

I built two bathrooms, one for customers and one for my imaginary workers, (the office one is the nicer one with the porcelain throne)
    ukVVZjh.jpg
    KB7wA0V.jpg

Its rewarding isn't it xD.
    I'm still working on my new years resolution so I'm not playing with any family atm, I'm building (finishing up) the library next and hopefully I could figure out a way to design the laundromat exterior because I placed it next to a posh wedding hall (i downloaded that one from Pralinesims) and I want to keep the look of high end in that reformed neighbourhood.

Its hard and fun giving your game a clean sweep! I look forward to seeing more of your buildings @Minx11

@king_of_simcity7 omg I literally see angie looking at you, her creator like "Are you freakin kidding me? I'm way better than this!"
  • Minx11Minx11 Posts: 1,386 Member
    @bekkasan As you can see in the picture, there's huge hallway, which I kinda wanted because when all the Sims get home, they all crowd in around the door, so they all get in the way, but I also like how airy and open it all is.
    As mentioned, I can't use cc, so working with what I have in the base game is a bit tough, especially when you just can't find the right wallpaper :D
    I only other thing I usually worry about with houses is the route the Sims take to get to places. Like, from the front door to fridge (Priorities :D ), I would want Sims to use the archway leading from the hallway. Sims just like "Nope, Imma be awkward and go through the living room" :D
    edited January 2018
    @bekkasan , I was actually going to post the whole Birthday but it would’ve been too long. I have all the material I need for an update already so it will be posted tomorrow. Triangle...who said anything about a triangle.. ;) in truth though the reactions to what happens at the party may suprise you. I have a major May December fetish, L and Meggie are only 13years apart, same in the original story. Erika and Thornton were, if memory serves over 20years difference. I would love to do a much older female with a younger male, I wrote out a draft about a girl who met her future husband when she was 12 and he was 6 hours old...not a big separation age wise but she was his baby sitter (next door neighbor’s kid) too so borders on gross/hopelessly romantic (there is a fine line :D ).
    Post edited by Charlottesmom on
    @Minx11 , you can set the front of the lot by clicking shift + ctrl at the part you want to be the front, and beforehand do the same on the door so you set the front door before moving in your sims. (also if you have the bakers oven, you can spawn perfect quality food like that)
    Aww, you cant use them :( that was me on my old laptop. It caused the game to run too slowly because its an ancient 5year old device. But still, a lot of people play without it and their games are still fun. (patterns are always the hardest. I have like one fav base game pattern that i just recolour and I'm trying to get away from it. its a paneling or a wallpaper (i can't remember which one) but when i see it, my hand gravitates to it and i have to remind myself that I have a lot more patterns than that just one.)
    Lol, actually i used that pattern in my laundromat and my previous house post too. i've limited myself to one room paint per lot.
    edited January 2018
    Minx11 wrote: »
    Sims just like "Nope, Imma be awkward and go through the living room" :D
    I hate that part of them, sometimes i have to completely restructure the room and change the door position (and direction) in hopes that they dont do that.
    There was this one time, the guest bedroom was linked to a bathroom, and instead of my sim walking through the other door from the hallway, My smart-aleck sim walked into his parents woohooing to go through the bathroom. I didn't even realize until I saw three sims with an embarrassed moodlet and my teen sim's bladder was still on orange.
    (Also... my sims werent even supposed to be woohooing in that room, their bed is much more expensive and prettier, i wish i could have set a place for them to woohoo)

• king_of_simcity7king_of_simcity7 Posts: 25,102 Member
    @bekkasan I don't know anyone with an outside kitchen either! :D

@T_Mari She put herself in that situation!
    Simbourne
    screenshot_original.jpg
    edited January 2018
    @king_of_simcity7 some sims believe that getting kicked out should come with better surroundings xD. At least she gets the opportunity see outdoor cooking xD experience is everything
  • player2player2 Posts: 50 Member
    Today, I bought a lot as a Restaurant so the eldest son in my family, Luca, who is now an adult, could move out while still having access to all his family's Household Funds. He's taken up a career in science, and has met a beautiful, intelligent woman called Monica at the lab. Despite not dating for all of his teen years, he feels very comfortable around Monica. They don't share the same family values, but maybe that will change :D

@T_Mari Laundromat is looking awesome. I like the employee bathroom and they have such a nice work area too.

@king_of_simcity7
    @bekkasan I don't know anyone with an outside kitchen either! :D

lol, you are being mean to Angie, but that's ok, she deserves it.

@Charlottesmom You mean Erika and Thornton right?
    edited January 2018
    @bekkasan ...WOW!! That was a total brain fart!! :s Yes, Thornton and Erika, not his daughter Kate...perhaps I should re read my own story. :o

**Corrected it... :smiley:
    @Charlottesmom lol....I do that all the time, reread my story and change the names before posting. I'm totally amazed I remembered her name was Erika, but, I loved that story too.
  • KarritzKarritz Posts: 21,908 Member
    Hello all. It's a new day and I'm on the computer about 3 hours later than usual - much to my dog's chagrin I 'slept in' to a reasonable hour - they like me up and giving them treats at around 4:30 am - they seem to think 5:30 am is a bit much to expect them to wait. Since I didn't go to bed before 1 am I felt perfectly fine with not waking much before 7 this morning. Doggies were delighted when I finally moved.

Yesterday I was happily doing the narration for Episode 4 of my McFluff video when I had to leave it to take puppies to the dog park. I'm planning to continue on it today - I suspect you're all much too busy to be watching videos right now but I'll keep going with them as a few of you are watching and apparently enjoying them. Thank you to all who take the time - I know it isn't always possible to watch them so I do appreciate it when someone does so.

@Silverofdreams30 nice update to your supernatural story.

@lisacs360 I have a really bad habit at the ATS3 site. I tend to download everything I think I might like to have in my game. Then I forget about it - fail to install it - do install it and don't use it - and with some items do install it and use it repeatedly. Now, when I go back to the site again some time later, unless it's installed and used recently I'm not quite sure if I have it or not yet so download it again. I have several copies of numerous things from there in my Downloads folder.

@emorrill thanks for your comments. I did a bit of singing practice yesterday after a few weeks off and was surprised to discover my voice is still there - I think narrating the videos must be helping in that department too.

I think Oscar is nice. He's also entertaining but has been very quiet in this new game. I'm used to him being out there and flirting with everyone but he doesn't seem to be doing that with this new save I've made for the videos. He seems like a solid type of character - a perfect family man. If only he can find a family to be part of.

I do plan to experiment more with lighting with the ice. That'll be in the McFluff saves. Now I've got all the cats into the game I'll get Gertie sculpting and then in about 2 or 3 episodes I'll add the sculptors.

My introduction to Star Treck was the original series. I loved it. It seems we got it on TV here soon after it was made - we used to have a big delay in getting shows from USA because back then we didn't have satelites. I was almost a teen or maybe just a teen when it first appeared on our TVs here. I didn't watch STTNG when it was first released. It was too different from the original and I was busy with work and kids. But now I prefer all four of the later series to the original. Voyager is the only one I know I've watched every episode. I was happy to see Scott in Enterprise. I also enjoyed Tripp and Dr Phlox and the vulcan (forget her name).

I used to enjoy NCIS and its various spinoffs, but got out of the habit of watching them due to all the repeats so may not get back to it.

@Namaya92 I hope you feel better soon. Some years are not good with illness and then other years are much better. Hopefully what you're catching now will prevent you getting sick in future years.

Interesting update to your story. You seem to be very organised with the visa levels. That shows excellent discipline - I keep trying to stick to a plan but the game often takes me off in all sorts of directions due to my curiosity. I like to see where the game takes me.

@Charlottesmom thanks for your comments.

I hope you work out how to get your patterns to change colour the way you want them to be. I don't make patterns for Sims games so can't be of any help there. I do work a lot with png files though. It is possible, if you haven't used png files that you are changing colours on a layer below the layer with the solid colours. For example. If you have a layer with solid white background, and you put the layer you're changing the colour for below the one with the solid white background, the colour to the lower layer will be changing but you won't see the change as the opaque layer on top will be preventing you from seeing the lower layers. I've also found, to my endless frustration, certain commands in the layers menu of Photoshop Elements, will make transparent parts of a layer of a png file turn into solid white which then covers up all layers below. That can be very frustrating if it isn't immediately obvious what has happened. The fact that you see some parts of your patterns changing colours and not others makes me wonder if the z order could be the issue. Good luck with it I hope you sort it out as once you know what the problem is you will have learned something and that is always good.

Choco's traits are Friendly, Hunter, Genius. I suspect it is the hunter trait that got her to go fishing. I haven't given that trait to many, if any, of the others. But they do get it on their own eventually - they gain traits as they do things. They all start out with 3 traits because that's what I gave them in CAS. In the videos I do an introduction of all of the cats that shows their traits with pictures of them as they enter the game. That's part of the reason I'm adding the cats a few at a time. It would take up a whole video to introduce all 15 of them at once. I still have to do the introductions for the final four I introduce in this latest episode - if it ends up fitting into the video at all. I try to limit the lengths of the videos to between 15 and 30 minutes. It will be a short video if the next recording I need to use lasts for a long time and I don't want to break it up. Sometimes I have to break it up because it lasts for an hour or more. And sometimes I think I have to break it up due to length and discover most of the action is saving while still recording - after I cut that bit out, what I thought was going to be long enough for an entire video lasts about 2 minutes in the end result. I like to include any silly things that happen too - such as Choco running through concrete walls and cinder block fences in this video. It's all part of the game and I've come to the conclusion Sims are different - they understand quantum physics and apply it to their daily lives - it's just us who wonder at the silliness of it and get to laugh.

The picture of the colourful lights on the sculptures was just me experimenting. Gertie is about to start sculpting in the videos and soon after she does that I'll be adding that trio of sculptors to her household and together they'll make lots of Ice sculptures plus some of the stone sculptures as they are beautiful. But the ice is great for lighting. I want to establish a traditon of sculpting in the household so when it finally gets to Cake Island when Old Gertie dies and Young Gertie inherits it all she'll have lots of sculptures and will probably have most of her furniture made from sculptures. If I get the ice sculpting working, and I think I've got it worked out now so it won't melt even if it is objects that are not able to be sculpted (use a mod to sculptify objects) then I want the big house on cake island to be a fairyland in the basement with lighting of the ice and other sculptures and also add some fog emitters. I was experimenting with bubbles when I did that lighting I showed in my images of the lit ice sculptures but still pictures don't convey the magic of it and that is part of the reason I want to do it all in video.

I hope you enjoy listening to your husband and his drums. I'm not sure which I'd prefer - the drums or the banjo. Apparently there is a ukulele craze going on around here now - everyone wants to play. My son, who lives with me, teaches guitar so I do occasionally, but not often, get to hear him practicing. He's been recording lately and has got an electronic drum kit of sorts to use for his recordings but it isn't very good.

I understand the fun in having family resemblence in your sims. I just hadn't thought of doing it your way. It seems like fun - but having said that I do do that and it hadn't occurred to me that I did it. It happens by accident in my games. I have a HUGE game with hundreds of sims in it. When I need a new household I grab sims from my library. Often whole households of 8 sims get added in one go. Then I discover, to my shock and horror, that one of them is already in the game and well established. I can't have two of them running around like that so I have to delete one - total anhilation NRAAS style - then I stop and think - maybe this is an opportunity to establish a family tree - NRAAS style. So I take the newcomer into CAS and tweak him/her a bit and then edit the family tree so they have just gained a brother/sister. With one pair of these sims I went totally nuts - I didn't want a sister I wanted a cousin. So I had to make 6 ghosts to link them up through their parents. I had to go all the way back to grandparents to do it. I made the parents die young. The Sims in my game both end up marrying someone (not the same someone) and having children who are related to each other (second cousins). I do it so the worlds have sims, other than my main huge family, that have close family relationships other than the single nuclear family. I forgot I did that. Haven't done it for a while now as I've been preoccupied with videos.

I was disappointed to see the still pictures I posted of Oscar and Louise's daughters aged up. They look so still and lifeless. In the game they come alive. They need to move to show their beauty. I'm hoping future generations will give a better mix of features as the ones I've aged up so far do tend to take after one or the other parent - although they do mostly have some of each parent in their appearences. I wrote down all the numbers for both Oscar and Louise's faces and compared them with their offspring. None of their babies I aged up to YA so far ages up to be exact clones of either parent. I'm trying not to tweak them but for the still images I felt I needed to adjust the upper lip of the ones who take after Oscar - in the game they look fine without the tweaks (and it was only a very little tweak). That's another reason for making videos instead of posting pictures. For years I've been frustrated and posted hundreds of pictuers. What I really wanted to be doing was making videos. Finally I'm doing it. Was always too intimidated before to even try - that's the reason it's taken me so long to get started on it.

A touch of red is nice in any image. Including black and white.

Now I need to know more about VJ and L and Meggie. But I'll wait. If VJ's traits are like VJ Alvi's then I suspect she might be better with L, but VJ might make life very interesting for her in the long run. But there could be a twist to the tale and as she grows up some new knight in shining armour might just spin her off her feet ........

I still have to imagine what's in most of your pictures. Not sure why. Don't have the patience to sit and wait for hours while they load though. It's probably my internet connection - it is really annoying most of the time.

How is Emma - I hope she's still adjusting well and making you happy to have her around.

@king_of_simcity7 outdoor living - that looks interesting. It will be 'fun' if you don't have seasons turned off. But then, the equipment probably won't short out due to rain in the electrics - Sims do have an uncanny ability to defy physics.

I like the location of the house. And all those beds make me think this household is going to grow.

Lucky they got a TV.

At least Angie has a kitchen with a view. I can't decide if I hope the new neighbours stand up to her or cave and let her run the locality. I used to have elderly neighbours next to me who wanted to run the locality. They were very annoying at times - but that was a long time ago now.

@LyricSimsZ15 you sound like me. I used to make endless households of 8 sims, teach them all skills then move on to another game as I wanted new sims. But I kept all those sims and put the skilled version of them all into my library, and even made Sims3Packs of them all so I can back them up. And now I have an endless supply of sims I can add to new games whenever I want one but don't want to have to go into CAS to make them. I also have heaps of Sims I've made and never used - yet.

Now I have the fun of becoming reacquainted with old friends when I add them to my current games.

Happy Simming

@bekkasan that is a very romantic group of pictuers you posted - kisses - with fireflies and all under the dome.

@Nikkei_Simmer tell me, does tiberium in the garden make the plants sick? Or do they just ignore it?

It was interesting to see Molley misbehaving. Seeing her get arrested brought back memories. Bad memories. I had a game - it was a Sims game and I was enjoying my sim. She was a genie and I liked her a lot. I decided to be a bit of a devil and sent her out writing grafiti around town. That was new to me. Never tried to do that before. My special sim got arrested. I didn't know the warning signs at the time. She got into the police car and zap - she was no longer in the game - it deleted her totally. I tried to get her back but it didn't happen. That was before I'd added mods to my game. So that was the end of that game. I don't think I saved but I lost interest in playing it after that happened. It was a few years ago now. I first added mods after Sims 4 was released. I got Sims 3 on release - pre-ordered it.

Your update to the Mushroom story was a bit surprising - someone survived. On the bright side the town got a new lake. Hopefully, after a few million years some creatures will evolve and appreciate that lake - if it still exists. I was interested to discover that the half life of some of the nuclear waste we are producing in power stations (in some countries) is more than a billion years. It all depends on what exactly is being used. By the time some of it breaks down this planet will have been consumed by the sun or something similar - in any case it won't be habitable by us or any other life currently existing here. Unless the scientists are all completely wrong.

In another post you reminded me of a song I haven't tried to sing for a few years - will have to dig it out and do some practice. O My Babino Caro.

Good luck with CAW. I've occasionally thought about it - even had a go at it once - but decided I'd rather use other people's creations and stick to my videos for now. There are lots of tutorials around and Rflong7 is often happy to help - she's one of the best and has taken the time to really learn how to make her worlds work. I'm sure she's come across just about every problem CAW can throw at you and has found a way to fix or avoid all of them.

@Minx11 nice house. I'm glad you're happy with it. As for building tips - I'd suggest you visit the Creative Corner section. There is a building section there and you ought to find lots of tips and even tutorials there. But I've only used Sims 3 for the PC to build with and I've no idea how to do it with your program. I'm not sure that there will be much useful info for you in the Creative Corner section either. I hope you sort it out - you may just have to keep on building and gradually work out how to do it all yourself.

@MoonAndStars83 I suspect you like kitties. :)

Oh well - I've been procrastinating doing comments for you all. This of course means there probably won't be time to do much on my video today. It's almost lunch time and I haven't even had breakfast yet. Things to do. Better shut down for now - maybe I'll get to that video soon. I really want the early episodes of McFluffs and Oscar and Louise to be over so I can get into the fun creative stuff.

At least it's pleasantly cool today.

Happy Simming everyone.

I'll be back.....
  • UniversaeUniversae Posts: 9 New Member
    I started my first proper sim.

Im struggling.....is all i can say xD
    Playing a Solo teen in a 20k House with A grades and a job...... yeah, no time to sleep or entertain, let alone meet other sims xD

Currently she attends school from 8am till 3pm Mon -Fri and works from 6pm till 10pm Tue - Sat :worried:
    She makes £140 a day and pays £400 in bills a week, heh ^^;

(Any advice?)
  • MamaSimTeeMamaSimTee Posts: 963 Member
    @Charlottesmom I thought the reveal last night went to the creepy side and NOT the fun creepy side that X-Files is known for.
    I'm excited to see how this plays out. How did you make out with the storm? I saw the storm surges, hope you're okay up there.

I did play for most of the day. I made dinner in the crockpot because I really didn't feel like making an effort cooking today. The only creature in my house happy about this snow is my Husky. He kept begging to go out. Though I didn't leave him out there for long because of the wind and the bitter cold. He kept biting at the snow. Silly dog.
    <insert inspiring comment here> :)
  • MikezumiMikezumi Posts: 49,697 Member
    @bekkasan , I was actually going to post the whole Birthday but it would’ve been too long. I have all the material I need for an update already so it will be posted tomorrow. Triangle...who said anything about a triangle.. ;) in truth though the reactions to what happens at the party may suprise you. I have a major May December fetish, L and Meggie are only 13years apart, same in the original story. Erika and Thornton were, if memory serves over 20years difference. I would love to do a much older female with a younger male, I wrote out a draft about a girl who met her future husband when she was 12 and he was 6 hours old...not a big separation age wise but she was his baby sitter (next door neighbor’s kid) too so borders on gross/hopelessly romantic (there is a fine line :D ).

@Charlottesmom Re bolded bit - Look at my new siggie pic. An elder with two strapping young males ;)

• jordandjordand Posts: 262 Member
    Ok @Charlottesmom, I’m with @emorrill, I need to see the next chapter stat!! :p That chapter was amazing! I can’t wait to see what happens next....your VJ is adorable, but I have to say I’m Team L. They just seem like they belong together!
    @Nikkei_Simmer, yeah, I don’t have hardly any store content at this point, but my wishlist grows longer by the day. There is an amazing Daily Deals Spreadsheet here on the Forums—it lists all the items that go on daily deals in numerical order and also tells which one is the biggest sale on the item/set you’re looking for. There’s over 900 sales, but it’s worth looking through, especially if there are some specific things you’re hoping to get. :)
  • MikezumiMikezumi Posts: 49,697 Member
    @Silverofdreams30 Your supernatural save looks like fun :)

@bekkasan Lilika will get new clothes but not sure when. I didn't want to leave CAS open too long while I was fixing her up because I have been having issues with memory when I stay in CAS too long :(

@emorrill Mayra is game-generated? Do you have your SP settings so that immigrants are blended from your library sims?
    Thanks :) Lilika is an old sim made a few years back but I thought I should dust her off and give her a few tweaks.

@Namaya92 Sorry you have the 'flu :( Hope you feel better soon.

@Charlottesmom Hope you can remember how to make the pattern recolourable!
    Thank you :)
    Ooooh .... sounds interesting. Can't wait to see who you hook L up with!
    Ooooh! I see an update. I won't read it here. I will read it in your story thread and comment then :)

@king_of_simcity7 Great job on Angie's place! She sure looks scary. If she moved into my area, I might have to leave ;)

Great updates everyone :) Lovely to see everyone enjoying the game :)

• emorrillemorrill Posts: 8,110 Member
    Mikezumi wrote: »

@emorrill Mayra is game-generated? Do you have your SP settings so that immigrants are blended from your library sims?
    Thanks :) Lilika is an old sim made a few years back but I thought I should dust her off and give her a few tweaks.

@Mikezumi Yup! She was totally CAS generated! And I don't have SP in my game.... That's why her appearance was so astounding to me! :astonished:
    52607642900_bbbac3a314_c.jpg

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top