Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

What happened in your sims 3 game today?

Comments

• Options
    Nikkei_SimmerNikkei_Simmer Posts: 9,427 Member
    bekkasan wrote: »
    @Nikkei_Simmer Bummer about the internet being out. Looks like the culling worked and you have a bit more manageable bunker. Definitely looking more military with the buzz cuts and loss of facial hair. :)
    Oh wow! Great special effects in the pics.

I was getting almost frustrated to the point where I was ready to turn the game into an ISBI, only problem is I need every Sim there for the rebuild of Sunset Valley...and frankly...to turn the game into an ISBI would pretty much negate that. I'll see if I can play that in UL or some other world.
    GYZ6Ak9.png
    Always "River McIrish" ...and maybe some Bebe Hart. ~innocent expression~
  • Options
    Emily4331Emily4331 Posts: 10,850 Member
    Based on this, I think I have a pretty good grasp on how to best approach fitting the DoA models onto Sim bodies. This is...Whose outfit was this? :neutral: Momiji! This is a Momiji costume from DoA5 Last Round pretty well fitted, if I say so myself, to the sim body :smiley:

(Excuse the cursor being in the way a bit).

gLmUbpH.png

nqgMeoq.jpg

bJNPWXi.jpg
  • Options
    Emily4331Emily4331 Posts: 10,850 Member
    @CravenLestat For some reason, my launcher gives me an error about my game not having the latest software updates when I try to install my gift :( My game is up to date, obviously, so I'm not sure why that is. :(
  • Options
    CravenLestatCravenLestat Posts: 13,735 Member
    I know that costume @Emily4331

X5Npjjr.jpg

Not sure why you cant download her she is only exp,store and SP things must be a stuff pack you dont have installed??

I Play Sims 3 On A Potato

DfydFiZ.gif
  • Options
    edited January 2018
    @Emily4331 Only thing I can think to do is try a reupload with mostly base stuff.Will try after a project am working on.

Did anyone else get Danni?? or have any issue

DfydFiZ.gif
  • Options
    king_of_simcity7king_of_simcity7 Posts: 25,102 Member
    @Karritz Thanks for the comment :smile:

I will hopfully share some more with Angie later
    Simbourne
    screenshot_original.jpg
  • Options
    Nikkei_SimmerNikkei_Simmer Posts: 9,427 Member
    Well, @Charlottesmom, @bekkasan, and @emorrill, I helped @Featherbelle set up her Mods folder. :D Now it's just s slippery slope down the CC rabbithole. :D
    GYZ6Ak9.png
    Always "River McIrish" ...and maybe some Bebe Hart. ~innocent expression~
  • Options
    MikezumiMikezumi Posts: 49,697 Member
    @Emily4331 You really are a clever girl! I look forward to seeing how the finished product looks in game :)
  • Options
    MikezumiMikezumi Posts: 49,697 Member
  • Options
    Everyone I present to you my First of 2018 collection.And the debut of three of my newest models two of which never never before but one was a zombie the other day.

These Are Gorgeous Patterns

Click Play below to..........

Start Off Your 2018 Fabulous

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d_Rx16lSk8Y&feature=youtu.be

Diva Approved

GIh2BXN.gif

DfydFiZ.gif
  • Options
    Silverofdreams30Silverofdreams30 Posts: 7,201 Member
    edited January 2018
    @emorrill Very nice sim

@Mikezumi Nice sim

@Charlottesmom Great updates, lovely tweaks.

@bekkasan Thank you, great update before too.

@Simtown15 Great update

@polrbear Great update, nice looking sim

@Karritz Thank you I love her haircolour too, did not choose it.
    she does not have her own room yet, that big room is the livingroom.

@CravenLestat one of my malesims is married to Ashley Alto,
    but that is in an earlier generation of my savegame.

@emorrill since you shred a song to me I share one too.
    its not a favourite of mine or anything but they were really popular a year or so ago. Its a swedish group but sings in english.

https://youtube.com/watch?v=hLYvOS1RmuM

Post edited by Silverofdreams30 on
  • Options
    jordandjordand Posts: 262 Member
    edited January 2018
    @Charlottesmom, I love all of your new tweaked characters. They all look fantastic!
    @Simtown15, I enjoyed your update! Stacy and Damien seem cute together!
    @Nikkei_Simmer, I enjoyed your latest Chikamori update. I'm envious of your cows and chickens! I am wanting to get more store content, and was bummed to find out that I missed the Farm Fresh Folk Set, which was on sale from roughly 12:30-3 a.m. last night :( . I'll have to keep watch on the daily deals sheet to see when it will be coming up again. I haven't been able to keep up with it yet, but I have bookmarked your other new story so that I can start reading it. :)
    @emorrill, your new sim turned out fantastic! I can't wait to see the house you built for her! I really like the name Mayra, by the way. :)
    @polrbear, all three of the triplets turned out to be so beautiful!! <3
  • Options
    edited January 2018
    Here is another supernatural save update

[img][/img]EL8wvQ0.jpg

Kira practised her magic on her housemates, here she gave Grant
    a lucky charm.

[img][/img]CDAeXjP.jpg

[img][/img]iQ4jBcu.jpg

Same to Crash

[img][/img]Mq5E9en.jpg

Lana played with fairy magic

[img][/img]Pn5ppVr.jpg

Clint upgraded stuff

[img][/img]3l8wLmQ.jpg

Grant went fishing

[img][/img]YR5RlJu.jpg

Painting Grant created

[img][/img]kBv0N6j.jpg

Lana

All for now

• Options
    lisasc360lisasc360 Posts: 19,282 Member
    You're quite welcome @Karritz... :) I still need to go and see what I want from the 2017 advent calendar as I already have a couple pieces from it... :)
  • Options
    bekkasanbekkasan Posts: 10,171 Member
    @Simtown15 Nice update.

@Nikkei_Simmer Lovely seeing everyone. Gosh, Molly is grumpy! Did Haruo forget to pack her time machine? Brrrr, looks cold out there dealing with the critters.
    Nice that you helped her with the folder!

@emorrill Mayra is lovely. :) That top does look like it is begging to be yanked down by some naughty boys or girls! lol at Rarity helping you out.

@polrbear It is nice to see you back. Charlotte just gets more beautiful. Great pics of the girls. Sinks/showers/dishwashers always break when you have something else planned for the sims. lol Good diving form!

@Mikezumi Pretty Lilika! Dag girl needs new clothes!

@Emily4331 Looks pretty cool!

@CravenLestat Pretty new patterns.

@Silverofdreams30 Thanks :) It is cute how they all look a bit scared at getting the spell at first. :)
  • Options
    AnthonydyerAnthonydyer Posts: 1,197 Member
    I just discovered the Workaholic trait after playing since 2011! With that trait I can direct my sims to work on their computer at any time and make money. I've been playing this game wrong the whole time. :D
  • Options
    KarritzKarritz Posts: 21,923 Member
    I just discovered the Workaholic trait after playing since 2011! With that trait I can direct my sims to work on their computer at any time and make money. I've been playing this game wrong the whole time. :D

You'll have to keep them busy or they'll get stressed. :)
  • Options
    emorrillemorrill Posts: 8,121 Member
    Hey everyone. :)
    I worked on Mayra's little early 20th century home last night and it's coming along well. I will post pictures soon. :)

Oh and in case most of you were wondering, I am feeling MUCH better from the flu! Yay! :blush: That was just awful!

Feedback/Replies time!

@MoonandStars83 Yes, I'm feeling MUCH better. Thank you. <3

@Silverofdreams30 I know my Sam updates are always a bit long for your to read, since your English is rusty, but I so appreciate you reading them anyway. <3 Glad you enjoyed it.
    Lily's an adorable toddler. :)
    So you kept that top on Lana huh? ;) It looks great on her.

@lisasc360 Thank you. ;) I was hoping many of you would like that I tied in Star Trek: Enterprise and not hate me for it. :p I'm glad you all liked it. Seriously though, being a Quantum Leap fanfiction I had to tie it in somehow! Tee hee!
    Yeah I don't have ITF so...that would make it even more complicated to stage it. :confused: And as much as I want ITF...my computer can't handle another EP. :(

@Nikkei_Simmer Thank you for your sweet comments. I loved it! <3
    Yeah I was craving more Sam and Emma happy times too... ;):p But no he had to leap for a reason...will somewhat be explained later.
    And yes staging WOULD require a metric ton of CC! :lol:
    Which Star Trek series is your favorite? :)
    ----
    Lol! Kids doing homework while the parents romp! :lol: Sounds about right. :p
    ----
    Aww, nice to hear you fixed things right up with your wife's Mods folder. :blush:

@Karritz I think your videos improve more and more too. :) It happens the more you write and create videos. :star:
    I know this is a silly comment, but Oscar has nice chest hair. :love:
    I also love the different lighting you did around the ice sculptures. :)
    ----
    Star Trek: TNG is actually my favorite, simply because it's the one I watched that made me fall in love with Star Trek. :)
    Enterprise is only good because Scott's in it. :love: j/k It had some good episodes and Trip is good lookin' too. :love:
    I was never a fan of NCIS, but Scott has made the New Orleans one awesome! :star: I've only seen a couple of episodes and hope to watch them all when they're available on Netflix someday. :p
    Thank you for the compliment on Mayra. :)

@polrbear Ohhhh yeah! Emmy Rossum! (I sorta forgot about her) Very lovely singer and she really DOES look like her (or I should say Mayra looks like her :p ). Thanks for pointing that out and for the compliment. <3
    I've always loved Phantom of the Opera. Mostly for the music. ;)

@CravenLestat Oh I am so glad you loved Mayra. ;)
    Yes, I will try that hair with the jewelry on her. The clothes from the set are very pretty. Thank you again. <3
    But yeah, I have more pics to show you of a lady sim in those clothes. :smirk:

@Mikezumi Thank you lady. <3 I was wondering what you would think of her since she was game generated and all and those sims usually come out as pudding. :p
    Lilika is beautiful! See, I want to make a pretty Asian lady sim! ;)

@Emily4331 Wow! Great job with the clothing creations! :star:
    If you download the File (instead of immediately downloading it to your launcher) it will give you that "need software updates" error. The SAME thing happened to me and I discovered that saving the file is the problem. Read it online too. Who knows why. So yeah, just send the Gift to download straight to your launcher and you shouldn't have a problem. :) Hope that all made sense.

@jordand Thank you. :) I worked on the house a bit last night and it's coming along well. Such a TINY place, but the house I modeled it after is tiny so. :p
    I thought Mayra was a very pretty name too. <3

@bekkasan Thank you sweet lady. <3
    Yeah, once I said the word fashionista I had to have Rarity make an appearance again. :lol: #Ilovemyponies
    52607642900_bbbac3a314_c.jpg
  • Options
    @emorrill Yep kept it hehe. Im fine with reading in English its the typing that
    are my weakness so I tend not to write longer feedback than a few sentences.
    did you listen to the song? hehe.

@bekkasan Thank you
  • Options
    Namaya92Namaya92 Posts: 934 Member
    Ughh, I've caught that flu that has ben going around. This is the third time ever since summer ended that I'm catching one, this winter has been harsh on me! pfff.... anyways I haven't found the energy to give feedback here because of it, but I did want to share my story updates of today:

tumblr_p1stgf2ehS1wu9mp0o1_1280.png

The Avesnes Lepacy - 07

The small town of Al Simhara was quite an impressive little place. Though the town itself wasn’t much, it was located near a bunch of famous ancient Egyptian monuments. Each one of them was quite impressive and they all had tombs hidden inside of them as well.

tumblr_p1stgf2ehS1wu9mp0o4_1280.png

Madelyn explored quite a few of them as she ran around the area to fulfill requests from the locals. She found plenty of treasure as well so it would be easy for her to buy a new computer back home. She even found a bunch of relics hidden under the sand as she was excavating an old mining site to get some turquoise gems for a local.

tumblr_p1stgf2ehS1wu9mp0o2_1280.png
    tumblr_p1stgf2ehS1wu9mp0o5_1280.png

Instead of a hotel, Madelyn stayed at a camp this time. Sleeping in tents in the mysterious desert had its own charm. She also met a bunch of fellow travelers who she shared dinner with. It was interesting to talk to people who were really passionate about traveling just like herself.
    “And then I peaked inside the sarcophagus and I swear to you, the mummy inside it grabbed my wrist for a second! Some of these places around here are definitely carrying ancient curses with them. You better be careful next time you explore a tomb,” an explorer warned her on her first night.
    “Don’t be silly, alive mummies don’t exist! I’m sure you were just hallucinating because of a gas trap or something. The ancient Egyptians were very handy in creating boobytraps. They aren’t curses, just clever traps!”
    “If you say so my lady, but if I were you I’d keep my head at a safe distance from those coffins.”

tumblr_p1stgf2ehS1wu9mp0o3_r1_1280.png

Madelyn did not stick her head inside any sarcophagus (yet), but she did explore one of the biggest pyramids in town and found some pretty interesting fruits to harvest. A local had also requested some of them, and after she delivered them she gained her first visa level. For now, her trip came to an end, but she’d definitely return soon and next time she would be able to spend a few more days exploring the Egyptian wonders surrounding this seemingly quiet town.

tumblr_p1stgf2ehS1wu9mp0o6_1280.png
    tumblr_p1stgf2ehS1wu9mp0o7_1280.png

The Avesnes Lepacy - 08

After spending a few days back home to work on her writing career, Madelyn decided to go to France next. She hadn’t been back there ever since she visited the place with her mother, but she still enjoyed the memory a lot so it was about time she returned to the beautiful town of Champs Les Sims. Back in Aurora Skies she had managed to write both a science fiction novel named The Colony of Salmon Woods, and a sports book about how it was a true sport to deal with four siblings. Writing about her siblings made her think of home a lot, and so the trip to France found its way into her mind.

tumblr_p1xsplgBx11wu9mp0o6_1280.png

Champs Les Sims hadn’t changed much at all in five years. The general goods store was still there, though the salesperson was someone different. Since she had spent most of her time with her mother and inside underground tombs, Madelyn didn’t expect anyone to recognize her. She didn’t recognize anyone either, though at the general goods store she did see someone who caught her eye for a second.

tumblr_p1xsplgBx11wu9mp0o4_1280.png

A handsome man was checking out the garden gnomes in the store while also looking on his phone. Out of curiosity, Madelyn secretly looked over his shoulder to see what he was doing. She saw he was checking out a website that sold garden gnomes. It seemed as if he was comparing prices to see if he could get the gnome in front of him cheaper elsewhere. Smart move, she thought to herself as she left the store.

tumblr_p1xsplgBx11wu9mp0o1_1280.png

The salesperson had sent her to one of the old tombs underneath the ruins to fetch something. coincidentally, it was the same tomb as the one she had explored with her mother five years ago. It brought back a lot of memories as she descended down the secret stairwells and found the hidden graveyard with the maze again. Madelyn realized she had been thinking a lot about her family lately. Maybe it was about time she visited some of them. Birdgeport wasn’t too far away, so dropping by Annabelle and Vincent might be a good idea. IF they wanted to see her of course, since they hadn’t spoken in such a long time…

tumblr_p1xsplgBx11wu9mp0o3_1280.png

Back out of the tomb, Madelyn headed to the Nectary where she had a conversation with the nectar seller who was curious about her hometown and her reason for staying in Champs Les Sims. Madelyn chatted with him for a bit about her previous trip here, the lovely memories she had of this place and about the Nectary she had built in Riverview.

tumblr_p1xsplgBx11wu9mp0o5_1280.png

She really wanted to stay longer, but unfortunately her flight was leaving in a couple of hours. On her way to the exit, she saw a familiar face checking out some of the nectar racks. It was the guy she had seen in the general goods store. He returned her curious glance as she passed by him, but neither of them said anything. Madelyn would’ve stayed to introduce herself, but unfortunately she had to catch her flight. The man was quite intriguing somehow. I mean, someone who buys a garden gnome and some nectar on the same day must be up to something rather interesting, right? Maybe she would bump into him again during a future visit…

tumblr_p1xsplgBx11wu9mp0o2_1280.png

---

[author's note]
    The man Madelyn bumped into twice in France is one of the male suitors created by one of my followers on tumblr. She doesn't interact with him yet during her first visit in France because I have her gain her first visa level in all three locations first so she can spend 5 days at each location getting to know all of them. She'll go to Bridgeport next and here she'll interact for the first time with one of the candidates! This is also where we will see Vincent and Annabelle again.
  • Options
    PalmArrowPalmArrow Posts: 4,329 Member
    @Namaya92 , the potential suitor Madelyn met in France looks cute! I love the scenery picture of Champs Les Sims.

@emorrill , Mayra is lovely!

@Nikkei_Simmer , you love Puccini too? Opera was the first music genre I ever liked, and Puccini has always been my favourite. So melodious and melodramatic!

• Options
    jordandjordand Posts: 262 Member
    @Namaya92, I loved your last update!! So, that is one of the potential suitors?? He's good looking! ;) I'm looking forward to seeing her in Bridgeport next, and seeing how things go with one of the suitors! :)
    @Silverofdreams30, I enjoyed your last update. I really like the painting you showed with the different strawberries on it. It's so cute, and it doesn't hurt that they're my favorite fruit! :)
  • Options
    CharlottesmomCharlottesmom Posts: 7,015 Member
    @bekkasan , Well it was a big flipping failure...I went for a quilt type look and thought I could get the stripes changeable but it appears it's not, I will have to play more as I believe I've made changeable background colors before.

The circles and X's changing color was wanted and expected (though some of the x's appear funny...like fuzzy, I have no clue why. Will keep at it because I like the quilt idea, I did some eons ago where everything was changeable color wise.

Will most likely leave them on the exchange just for the hay of it though..

Dots changeable but not stripes (background color)..

27722265029_625c6b7a91_b.jpg

38790115654_c62501bd22_b.jpg

X's changeable but not background color..

27722259609_54b89d4d04_b.jpg

38790112584_eb82e12dee_b.jpg

Arrrgghh!! :s

@emorrill , Texted you, was hoping you were feeling better, getting all that snow you wanted out here!! Expecting a foot...
    **Yeah a Sam update!! I already told you but I love that you used his QL shirt :smiley:
    **I must mention I really love that hair on him..smexie!!
    **Wonderful imagery, you captured every mood perfectly!
    **Is Helen your next door neighbor?
    **Emma does look lovely.. :smiley:
    **I love the song and flashbacks, very very nicely done!
    **Sam you just needed to see her with new eyes... <3
    **The pictures are cute, of course..
    **STAR TREK!!!! LOLOLOL!!! Wonderful!! That was a great place for him to leap to! :D
    **Loved it! <3
    **I like your new gal! She is from a gender switched guy...Nice!

@Nikkei_Simmer , I had to laugh at the comments about Hank, I've always hated that dang thing below his lip! It does look like a dead caterpillar... :D
    **NOOOOOOOOOOO!!! Connor looks goofy without his beard!! :o (but I knew it was going to happen)
    **Oh MY!!! Obliterated!! To die on a treadmill, that has to be the worst way to go.
    **I think @lanlyn used the same post disaster CC in one of her stories, it looks very familiar.
    **Ewwwww, shower scene...averts eyes!
    **Cutie pie kiddos!
    **Ah, but that is why you BECOME the boss!! ;)
    **Alanna darling Nerds rule the world...
    **I'm still resisting mods and any CC that is more than patterns..slippery slope indeed.

@karritz , I like the early versions of Oscar and Louise but it's great you change their looks up..The kids turned out wonderfully!
    **Does Choco have the adventurous trait?
    **Dang that is tons of sculptures!! I love how you lit them up, gorgeous!
    **My husband would love Banjo, he's a cute alien kiddo! My husband used to play the banjo for awhile, he's now moved onto drums..
    **I like having the family resemblance with Sims who I create to be related to already existing Sims so just taking the original and doing a bit of tweakage is the preferred way for me. :wink:
    **I too have a major black and white pattern fetish, B&W has always been my favorite...Black, White and Red is second place.

@Mikezumi , Will do feedback for you in your thread..
    **L is in for one he*ck of a ride very soon, but with an existing character, not with the newbies. ;) (though I may have his brother involved too).
    **Lilika is gorgeous!!

@MamaSimTee , We're in the midst of the same storm as you, expecting up to a foot in MA.
    **Simming over cleaning any day!! :smiley:

@Simtown15 , Lovely update, Stacy was lucky to not throw up after all that eating!

@lisasc360 , Knocked up huh?? Can't wait to see the kiddo.. :smiley:

@polrbear , I'm beginning to think Charlotte is your favorite of the girls! She is awfully pretty..
    **Skylar an alien in disguise..meanies! He's a cutie!

@Emily4331 , Cool how you can work with the clothes like that.

@CravenLestat , Watching video in a sec.."Diva approved" :D

@jordand , You should post here more! :smiley:

@Silverofdreams30 , The strawberries painting!! LOVE <3

@Namaya92 , Decided to join the pack of sickies! We welcome you with stuffy noses, coughing so hard you think a lung will come up with it, sneezing, aches, fever in some cases, and all manner of meds and Kleenex all over the house. *Welcome* (please feel better soon!) (((Hugs)))
    **Wonderful to see an Avesnes update, hope my Vincent comments didn't upset you. I'll get used to his new look.. ;)
    **Madelyn seems to be having a ball in her travels!
    **I was yelling "Madelyn go talk to the cute dude!!" at my computer... ;)

:smiley:
  • Options
    king_of_simcity7king_of_simcity7 Posts: 25,102 Member
    edited January 2018
    I have just done some work on Angie' living arrangement.

This is a 'yard abode' which is housing build quickly and cheaply!

26233157_10155201797746497_3847410598331485322_o.jpg?oh=4aa842fe4286dff3462975220aa8164a&oe=5AED2DFF

26173328_10155201797751497_7332052899467646077_o.jpg?oh=d2d91c4600f4e691a386ca3383aea2d9&oe=5ABA50E5

26233597_10155201797771497_4250942790389191815_o.jpg?oh=5ef070938a489c51d75af2e03bccee00&oe=5AB64010

26173725_10155201798011497_9031047733898464494_o.jpg?oh=a7532bca1cb0338f50ee6c0383978376&oe=5AF54486

26172935_10155201798056497_3392836924788274595_o.jpg?oh=d3fd5ececcf6dd49030b2d5f9138fd0e&oe=5AF0AB73

26240730_10155201798081497_3305705115795718742_o.jpg?oh=a8ec7fdb0a2e71afa36c6d1e2dca0b3e&oe=5AF9FB28

The housing is made up of the most basic of amenities aimed at the poorest of society
    Simbourne
    screenshot_original.jpg

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top