Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

What happened in your sims 3 game today?

Comments

• KarritzKarritz Posts: 21,908 Member
    Between doing many other things today - I managed to set up a new home for my Isla Paradiso Bunch. I used NRAAS Traveler mod to move them to Sunlit Tides. That's their new home. Hopefully this means the game will be reasonably lag free from now on and if so, that'll make it a lot easier to make videos.

Here is a pic of their new home.
    10_Paradise_Circle_Sunlit_Tides001.jpg

It is an altered version of The Shark Hut at 10 Paradise Circle, Sunlit Tides.

They took ALL of their stuff with them from Isla Paradiso. It took me a while to unpack it all. Not sure if I'll get them to take any of it with them for the next move.

I'll be moving them to a few different worlds and in each one I'll showcase one of my builds that I have on the Exchange.

In Isla Paradiso it was The Carnival on the Water roller coaster lot with seasonal marker.

In Sunlit Tides it is the Sweetie Treats Theme Park. That's the roller coaster I have also placed in Chocolate Cake Island. I based it on the Katy Perry Stuff Pack.

There are currently 8 toddlers and 9 young adults plus a dog and a cat in the household.

I'd like Craig to finish off the final tomb in France - but that one seems to be broken in the step that takes him to Egypt - but I'll keep trying and it might come good.

I tried starting a new game with them using Porter Mod but it was still broken.

They have all the tomb collection except for the last one in France. This is the closest I've ever come to getting the whole collection in one game. But getting the entire tomb collection wasn't the reason for starting the adventures - it just became a goal for me when I thought it might be possible to do it.

IF I don't manage it this time, I will have another go at some stage with a household designed to do the job. It won't have supernaturals or toddlers and it won't involve overstuffed households.

My main aim is to get as many as possible to fulfill their LTW - including Salty.

It's late at my place. and I'm tired. So this is it from me for now.

Happy Simming everyone.
  • bekkasanbekkasan Posts: 10,171 Member
    @Mikezumi The new Sam is definitely pretty as a girl! :) Great job on Boyd.

@Silverofdreams30 What a great afternoon at the beach. :) Looks like they enjoyed the sauna. :love: I did too. I like Ava's new look...awesome.

@king_of_simcity7 Nice family.

@Nikkei_Simmer Congrats to Bella aging up! I'm gonna have to celebrate my next birthday in my jammies too. Hubby might draw the line at wearing his tidy whities though. But, it sure looks fun! :wink: Enjoyed the update. :)

@emorrill Enjoy the recital. Sounds like fun!

@CrazyCandySims Sounds like a lot of good soap opera drama going on. You fit right in here. :)

@Namaya92 The pic of her in the bed with his side open is just the saddest picture. So glad she had the talk with Jack and he opened up about his fears.

@Charlottesmom Love the pics you posted and how you reworked some of the lots to be your own.

@ThinkMissPink lol....what a way to make money. :)

@Karritz I sure hope that is your cat!! :) Oh...bummer, at least they can call you when she does show up again. I like your new plans for your sims. :)
  • Silverofdreams30Silverofdreams30 Posts: 7,200 Member
    edited August 2017
    @bekkasan hehe thank you

@Karritz hope she find her way home soon

@Namaya92 forgot to answer yeah its a rabbit hole in Barnacle Bay

Here is an update

[img][/img]1Bgobvm.jpg

scenery

[img][/img]9Bq1mAY.jpg

[img][/img]b7tJ5Sn.jpg

lh37itu.jpg

Ava and Thornton loves the beach, so they had a little date night there with burgers

[img][/img]tg2jwTI.jpg

[img][/img]B8l3Wrs.jpg

[img][/img]zghOqlH.jpg

[img][/img]Ml7kd6G.jpg

Time to bathe the dogs, I had a shower outside they could use.

[img][/img]OCWS9lw.jpg

Thornton automatically gave Ava an massage in the morning

[img][/img]0MkNi6c.jpg

Alistair having breakfast

[img][/img]dglRuwW.jpg

[img][/img]uDoOoOG.jpg

Stupid burglar

All for now

• OriginalMaraOriginalMara Posts: 1,669 Member
    Speaking of soap opera stories... :lol:

While taking care of my family, got a couple notices about inactives in town:

Joey Hennessey and his new wife (who is about the same age as his daughter Benni) are now expecting. Sounds like he is has having a midlife crisis too. :lol:
    And Benni, his daughter, just got married to Booker Singleton (who is probably closer in age to her dad... I'd have to check to be sure... and Booker already has two kids by two different ex-girlfriends).

My family seems so boring compared to everyone else in town! :lol:
  • NabrilNabril Posts: 179 Member
    This is why Audrey never attends a party. Her friends either seem to be exceedingly boring, very judgmental, or completely chaotic. Audry, being who she is, is always being asked to join someone's party. She usually declines, but tonight she decided to risk it. She put up her hair, drew on her makeup, grabbed the keys to her wife's motive mobile, and set off. She wasn't even at the end of the block before she was already feeling relaxed after the marathon writing session of her 5th book.

When she arrived at the party, she could already feel the stress returning. She could hear two babies crying and the adults were not paying attention to them. Her first thought was to simply go back home, but she steeled herself and decided to be a mother for the evening. She attended both the toddler and the infant the with all the skill she could muster. She changed diapers and fed, tickled, and snuggled with them. Unfortunately, the family had no crib so she did her best to make sure that the infant was as comfortable as possible before leaving. Perhaps this will be the topic of her 6th book.

Audrey is wondering if it was a bad idea to call the bluff of that "vampire". She looks down at her arm at the small bite marks that just won't seem to go away. She's always considered herself to be way too educated to believe in that sort of thing, so that night at the park when she heard someone mention that the blond woman standing there was a vampire, she just had to prove to everyone that they were just being silly. She gave the woman her warmest greeting with her most charming smile and asked to be turned. To be perfectly honest, it was the creepiest and most unnatural experience of her life. She uses makeup to hide the mark from Ariella. She can't help the feeling that she made a very bad mistake. Especially last night when it felt like her blood was on fire. Time will tell.
    sig.jpg
  • king_of_simcity7king_of_simcity7 Posts: 25,102 Member
    Well I left my phone at home today so I seem to have missed quite a bit but I have a few hours before I start work so I have time to jump into CAW :smile:
    Simbourne
    screenshot_original.jpg
    Immediately after Audrey closed her journal (right after I posted the above update), her worst fear was realized. Her body felt like it was dying at the same time it was pulsing with vitality. Her eyes began to glow, her skin changed, and she became possessed with an unnatural strength! The thirst! Her mind, even sharper now than it's ever been, can no longer allow her the luxury of denial. Vampires are real and she just joined their ranks. How will she break the news to her wife?
    sig.jpg
  • MoonandStars83MoonandStars83 Posts: 1,735 Member
    @Emily4331 There are plenty of food stands to get nachos and walking tacos. If you're lucky, there might even be a Mexican-themed food stand. And, I'm not sure about any other states, but my state has a "World Village" food area with booths from most countries that sell food. I would also recommend wandering through some of the livestock barns. If you're lucky, you can pet some of the animals penned there, free of charge.
    ****Bunny!! Such a sassy looking girl. She definitely looks like she deserves her name.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

Okay, so removing WW didn't help. Now I get to test and see which other mods it might be. First trying with NRaas, then moving on to general Mods. And I should make sure everything is up to date, too. I thought they were, but I'll double check.

In actual game news, Gavin aged up to child. The plumbot, Alice, also aged up. Then she became invisible. I'm slightly confused, because I didn't think plumbots aged. But, then again, this is only the second bot I've played, and I didn't play the other game long enough to find out if the bot would age or not.

Also, my game might be on the brink of permanently borking. Or maybe I'm just paranoid. I'm not sure anymore.

Happy Simming, all!!
    I voted for you, Kevin.
    640?cb=20100910030718
    My Sims 3 Exhange Studio
    My Blog // Click me if you dare.
    @Emily4331 Grats on your wonderful day with your siblings! And that's a really cute bunny!
    sig.jpg
  • Nikkei_SimmerNikkei_Simmer Posts: 9,405 Member
    edited August 2017
    Karritz wrote: »
    @Nikkei_Simmer I enjoy listening to the Tenor and also to the Bass equally.

However, your comments forced me to get my copy of the Messiah out and

No 5. Recitative Thus Saith The Lord - Bass
    No 10. Recitative - For, Behold, Darkness Shall Cover the Earth - Bass
    No 11. Air - The People that walked in Darkness - Bass
    No 40. Air - Why do the Nations so furiously Rage Together - Bass
    No 47. Recitative Behold, I Tell You a Mystery - Bass
    No 48 Air - The Trumpet Shall Sound - Bass

In the appendix
    No 36 Air - Thou Art Gone Up On High - Bass (first version to be composed)

There are some wonderful Bass parts there.

And that is only one version of the Messiah. I'm sure there are other parts sung by Bass in other versions. Way back when it was first written they'd rewrite songs to suit the voices they had available. These days so many people can sing the musical directors can decide which voice they want to use and choose accordingly.

Regarding sims - I'm still setting up my Isla Paradiso Game so I can continue recording new videos of it when I've posted all the currently recorded video to YouTube.

Happy Singing and Simming

I've actually heard a Messiah in my childhood (on 33 1/3 LP where the usual Alto/Soprano part But Who May Abide was actually done by a bass/baritone. It's awesome. :D And thanks to this video on Youtube, I know it's actually been performed by bass voice before.

https://youtu.be/vtV66X3S_2Q

But I noticed one thing. He has a Novello score that he's holding. And in MY Novello score. there's only a Alto/Soprano version of the air. Sheesh... Which Novello score did he get? Hmmph. :D:mrgreen: *unfair*. :D

I actually practiced (but never got to the point where I performed "The Trumpet Shall Sound" Man, that piece was tough. The high E used to kill me. Back then it was the upper range of my vocal range. Secondly it was long. And I swear you have to have some lung stamina to perform that piece. But that piece is the piece de resistance for the bass voice within the Messiah. If I managed to, I would have had my friend (who was a trumpet player and had a piccolo and C trumpet (the normal band trumpets are Bflat trumpets)) to do the trumpet part for me in college recital while my voice teacher took over the piano accompaniment.

https://youtu.be/OM2yUH3E4JA

That was the pinnacle of MY voice training in college. The other aria that was considered the pinnacle was Mozart's the Barber of Seville - Largo al Factotum.

https://youtu.be/AZLAeUDLnxs - And THAT one was a mean one. If it sounds familiar to people... well...you probably remember it from our little furry friend here.

https://youtu.be/vYP4KnZJmyk Good ol' Bugs.

No...I was never thrown that one... ~relieved sigh~. What I was thrown were Schubert's Lieders and they were tough.

OK...now I have to get back to Simming the Wedding of Bella McIrish-Bachelor and Aidann Chikamori and kicking THEM out of the house to have a future together somewhere in the town. :D BWA HA HA HA HA... ~evil grin~ I think Brayden will come home from Smuggsworth Prep for that...wedding and then go back to Smuggsworth after. The men should be in tuxedos for that. And the women should be in formal dresses while the bride wears a beautiful flowing white dress. :D OK...This will be the third day in a row that I've camped out on TSR looking for mods. ~sigh~ and CC.
    Post edited by Nikkei_Simmer on
    GYZ6Ak9.png
    Always "River McIrish" ...and maybe some Bebe Hart. ~innocent expression~
  • Silverofdreams30Silverofdreams30 Posts: 7,200 Member
    Here is another update for today

[img][/img]5qMSaDT.jpg

[img][/img]ozrSqh4.jpg

Sims need their naps

[img][/img]kqE2lax.jpg

Lucas on his way to take a nap

[img][/img]W3Q3vgB.jpg

Ava played with skyler after her bath

[img][/img]XOWg1pX.jpg

Found Alistair in the sauna

[img][/img]eaTrhYp.jpg

Ava and Thornton spend alot time by the beach

[img][/img]gowm3oZ.jpg

Lucas took a swim by the local pool a saturday afternoon

[img][/img]zEbcQNg.jpg

Instead of swimming Alistair painted by the pool

[img][/img]4hmUH9l.jpg

Dogs

[img][/img]1CyOflx.jpg

Ava and thornton

all for now

• caralina1324caralina1324 Posts: 51 Member
    Well, so far I just got started in the sims 4. My character, Leia, finally moved into her new home in a brand new town to start up her farm for the new challenge I've been working on. She's trying to go around and meet everyone before anything goes down though. I'm really excited for her story.
  • emorrillemorrill Posts: 8,110 Member
    edited August 2017
    Namaya92 wrote: »

@Emorrill your perfectionism reminds me of a friend of mine who also handles his stories as a mathematical puzzle lol. No need to worry so much, your story is great just as it is now! :D, I love your writing style. It's hard sometimes to find fellow simmers who write such detailed stories with their games so I'm glad to have found one ^^.

@Namaya92 Lol! :lol:
    And awwww, thank you. <3 That was so sweet of you to say. {{{Hugs}}}

@Charlottesmom Thank you lady. <3 I thought you would like the juicy drama in this update. :p
    (And it may just get a little crazier... :neutral: )
    Shoot me a text from time to time whenever you feel like it (or remember :lol: ). Love hearing from you. <3
    Hope you're having a great day! Snuggle and give Emma kisses from me! She's so freaking adorable!!!

@OriginalMara Thank you. :) Glad you enjoyed the update as well.

@CrazyCandySims I love your avatar pic. <3 Great updates!

@Mikezumi Fantastic makeovers, as usual. :) You're a pro at it!
    And hey I know that hair on Boyd's gender switch version. :p

@Nikkei_Simmer I'm just going to say Wow. :open_mouth: You really knew how to play those!?
    Man...you pick up that talent again and your wife is really going to be all over you! :p Lol!
    Love reading the fun conversation and videos shared back and forth between you and @Karritz. ;)

Edit to add: Good nelly how could I forget you @Silverofdreams30 ! So sorry!
    Lovely story updates from you as usual and have you ever thought of uploading your Thornton to the Exchange? ;)

If I missed any of you, forgive me. My mind is distracted elsewhere today as Hubby and I are celebrating our 11 year Anniversary. <3
    He's going to cook me a righteous Filipino dish (since he's a great cook and that's where he served a mission for our church many years ago and fell in LOVE with the food) and I am VERY much looking forward to it!
    Daughter spent the night with Grandma after her wonderful recital last night, so we had yesterday evening and most of today to ourselves. <3

Anyway, I must go now, but I wish you all a wonderful day and Happy Simming! :)

Post edited by emorrill on
    52607642900_bbbac3a314_c.jpg
    Right I went into CAW to add some lots but I kept getting the wrong sizes! :blush:

But here are a few familiar buildings: :smile:

20900689_10154809009536497_1011387797134413573_o.jpg?oh=763dc8ed6ceb1ad91df91cd1dba2ad87&oe=5A31B430

20900845_10154809009541497_2676980066763882013_o.jpg?oh=d4eedbf114994dde6f3824915684f34b&oe=5A2D2BA5

20933942_10154809009576497_2906920206799099284_o.jpg?oh=9ed7c56977cbac28aceaa1bbc68ff210&oe=5A252815
    Simbourne
    screenshot_original.jpg
  • Nikkei_SimmerNikkei_Simmer Posts: 9,405 Member
    edited August 2017
    emorrill wrote: »
    @Nikkei_Simmer I'm just going to say Wow. :open_mouth: You really knew how to play those!?
    Man...you pick up that talent again and your wife is really going to be all over you! :p Lol!
    Love reading the fun conversation and videos shared back and forth between you and @Karritz. ;)

Yep, I had piano lessons from age 6 all the way up to age 21 and reached Grade 10 RCM (Royal Conservatory of Music) - I switched from piano to voice in college. My next piano level was ARCT (Associateship of the Royal Conservatory (Teachers)) that I was working towards, however, being able to memorize pieces was not my forte. The Engulfed Cathedral and the other Bach Well-Tempered Clavier piece were the ones that I was working on in Gr. 9 RCM that I had accomplished, taken the test for and passed to proceed onto Gr. 10.

Oh...my wife is already demanding that I teach her (if we ever get a piano - right now it only looks like it if we win the lottery) and the kids who want to learn how to play piano (my son, Cameron, wants to learn - he's already going "Dad...you teach me...man...I didn't know that you could play piano that well...before." I did however bring him down to earth saying that "Yeah...but Dad has to get to back to that level." I can teach him the basics. And as I regain my skill, I can teach him the harder stuff.

Yes, I do miss piano...it was a great de-stressor.

Oh...and happy 11th Anniversary to you and to yours. On the fourth of this month, Heather (my wife) and I celebrated our 17th. I still can't believe it's been 17 years. It goes by too quickly.

Filipino food is AWESOME. If you've ever gone to a Filipino dinner party - oh geez. You get fed until you can't walk.
    GYZ6Ak9.png
    Always "River McIrish" ...and maybe some Bebe Hart. ~innocent expression~
  • HillyBethHillyBeth Posts: 3,505 Member
    The other day, I made Ryan and Katherine Mooney- originally from sims 4- in sims 3 supernatural as witches and they married on Leisure Day. Their daughter Aurora was born on the first day of week 2. Ryan (dad) is in the Military and Katherine (mom) is a self-employed writer. I was gonna name Aurora Luna but Luna Mooney sounds very silly to me.
    Origin ID
    HillyPlays
    P.A.C.E- Positive Attitude Changes Everything
  • ThinkMissPinkThinkMissPink Posts: 160 Member

@Emily4331 I know! It is ridiculously evil! This is the craziest thing I've ever done with my sims.

The Senior Centre is a lovely place though! It has the best of everything! The only real downside is the negative moodlet the living sims experience for two days after the elderly sim goes. (Bonehilda gets pretty choked up about it too.) :lol:

-
    “I'm curious about that chicken, eating the rock. I mean, he seems to lack the basic intelligence required for pretty much... everything.”
    ―A villager discussing Heihei
  • ThinkMissPinkThinkMissPink Posts: 160 Member

@bekkasan Thanks. I do feel kinda like an evil scientist.
    “I'm curious about that chicken, eating the rock. I mean, he seems to lack the basic intelligence required for pretty much... everything.”
    ―A villager discussing Heihei
  • msbeckycatmsbeckycat Posts: 3,445 Member
    Hi the Farr family is doing good. Everly and Constance is their names. Everly is doing well at the restaurant. Just unable to get a 5 star rating. 4 and half stars will do. I'll try to get a family photo.
  • CharlottesmomCharlottesmom Posts: 7,015 Member
    edited August 2017
    Made up a few patterns yesterday and totally forgot to get pictures of them..

They are all listed in the Exchange in my studio (Charlottesmom66)

I was in a bit of a paisley mood...(Bed and wall patterns) The rug pattern is a new one of mine too...

36676104385_d81280b034_b.jpg

Bed, Wall and Rug: all the same pattern recolored, this pattern recolors wonderfully! Mr. Gorgeous snuck in the picture. <3

36676105275_a972d4495f_b.jpg

New Pattern on Connor:

36629778666_9911991c61_b.jpg

The wall is the smaller paisley recolored:

36676101665_a52340bc09_b.jpg

I may leave his room like this...everything recolored B&W.

36629782846_821a64e180_b.jpg

Mixed paisleys, these two patterns also recolor wonderfully!

36676107075_26d62276db_b.jpg

Connor looks just as confused as I am, I had just changed him into his jammies and this happened....he really does look like Colby without his beard. Then of course the game crashed, luckily I had just saved.

35866685233_2187368f5e_b.jpg

Connor with his son Colby and his toddler grandson William...

36629779256_7f2bb8f09e_b.jpg

Not sure if his dad or uncle Jared made a bad move..

36629778336_f01f67b8ab_b.jpg

An odd sight, Colby checking out his ex Kyle....

36629777456_5d12575a89_b.jpg

Yeah, that's more like it slow dancing with his sister in law. Luckily I didn't catch them making out this time. :s

35866681833_aa9482906a_b.jpg

**Will hopefully have a new update for Misunderstood up tomorrow...

Hope everyone is having an enjoyable weekend! :smiley:
    Post edited by Charlottesmom on
  • MikezumiMikezumi Posts: 49,697 Member
    Page 1744

@Emily4331 I am happy for you! I know how happy visiting my sister makes me so I think I can relate :) Although she does not have a menagerie (she and her daughters have allergies) they do have one dog who is a joy to be with. She greets me like long-lost family every time I see her, wagging her tail and jumping all over me for 10 minutes when I arrive. We also have good food together - sometimes we go out, sometimes we watch cooking videos on the internet and try new things together. Princess Katarina is adorable <3
    A special mod? Now I am curious!
    Thanks for the lovely comments :)
    Sims have so much emotion they make me smile without fail each day. I know some of the animations are shared between different interactions and perhaps for some it could be repetitious but the looks they give each other when passing or doing things together make me feel there is real feeling between them :)

@Silverofdreams30 Thank you and great updates :)

@Karritz The new home looks great! I hope the move means no lag for you :)

@bekkasan Thank you for the lovely comments. I am doing the makeovers between playing my other games so it will be slow but it is fun :)

@Nabril It is always sad when my sims visit other sims and find babies on the floor, dirty and hungry.
    Audrey is in for a big life change!
    Ah, I see the change has occurred! I hope her wife understands!

@MoonandStars83 I hope your game is okay! Did Alice become visible again?
    @Charlottesmom Great pictures and also good pictures on your wall :smile:
    Simbourne
    screenshot_original.jpg
    @king_of_simcity7 , Thank you, I'm having tons of fun with Beach City! it really is a versatile world (I'm changing it up a bit). ;)
  • MikezumiMikezumi Posts: 49,697 Member
    Page 1745

@emorrill Thanks for the nice comments :)
    Happy Anniversary! I hope you and hubby have an enjoyable celebration :)

@king_of_simcity7 Great pics of your buildings :)

@HillyBeth Congrats on the birth of Aurora :)

@Charlottesmom Great patterns! I have always loved paisley :)
    Oh! That is a weird glitch with Connor :o
    Glad you saved before the crash!
    Great seeing the boys :)
    Kate and Colby LOL They are meant to be!
    @Mikezumi , You and I are the Colby/Kate fan club, maybe one day I'll create an alternate ending to Kate so they can be together.... ;)
    **I just realized Tristram reminds me of Nevan, most likely the hair of course but he does resemble him a bit.
    **I was going to throw the patterns on Joe and Bessie's walls but I missed my boys... ;) (I'll see Bessie tomorrow, a very very sad Bessie.....) :'(

**Gonna do feedback tomorrow since the husband will be hiking all day...

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top