Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

What happened in your sims 3 game today?

Comments

• KarritzKarritz Posts: 21,919 Member
    @bekkasan thanks. I thought it was one of Craven's patterns. Well used.

Thanks for watching the mermaids video. I think I'll do a few of them. I want to get to know them and thought people who are following the McFluff videos will enjoy seeing them around Cake Island later on.

I'll be gradually introducing various sims so you'll be familiar with the townies in Cake Island when we move McFluffs there.

I'm thinking of starting another game with the fawns in it too. They are a couple who are also in Cake Island. They won't know the mermaids until they all get to Cake Island.
  • cocococo Posts: 2,726 Member
    Just caught up on the last few pages. Sorry it's been that kind of day where I just want to go home and curl up in bed.

@cravenlestat Happy belated birthday! :heart:
    @bekkasan Wonderful updates from University. I just love Adam and Alice :love:
    @mikezumi What degrees did you choose for Jordan and John? I see they are leaving a trail of hearts everywhere they go haha.
    @emorrill I loved the pics of younger Sam. I have no idea what's going on with his mouth though. Are you using any special sliders, apart from the cleft chin? He's super adorable as a teen and elder (and adult too)! :love:

Thanks for all the nice comments on my family tree too. I have been editing it very slowly over the years. It's just too big a task otherwise!
    Mikezumi I think you asked if I was going to set Kara up with the boy from my update. I probably won't be. I'm a bit dissatisfied with the lack of good candidates in my town. Everyone looks almost the same, even though they aren't all "pudding". The plan is to move the girls to Roaring Heights (because I've never explored there), after they graduate for a while. Hopefully they will be some handsome male sims over there.
  • gerefteastgerefteast Posts: 353 Member
    edited February 2018
    Hello there!

@Nikkei_Simmer, wow, great update!
    @bekkasan, nice pictures. Especially these from the seaside, but...would it sound weird if I said I love the pattern of the bed? :lol:
    @Karritz, yay mermaids! And what a nice colorful house :blush:
    @Mikezumi, your sims are cute and they live in a beautiful house :wink:

@CravenLestat, first of all, happy late birthday :smiley: Also, I LOVE the pictures. Absolutely. :open_mouth:

Sorry if I missed someone's update, but it's 6:37 AM here and I got up 30 minutes ago :neutral:
    Have a great day and happy simming!
    Post edited by gerefteast on
    understand the significance of the signatures
  • AftrNoonOvrRideAftrNoonOvrRide Posts: 79 Member
    I'm trying to find a decent PC. hahaha Our PC Hard Drive died, because it couldn't handle SIms 3 :(
    @gerefteast thank you. I'm enjoying my mermaids. They are making progress in their skill building.

I'm planning to move them out of their house soon and start building the house they will live in when they move to Cake Island. I haven't decided which world to put it in yet. It will have to be one with at least one empty 64x64 lot and an ocean.
  • Silverofdreams30Silverofdreams30 Posts: 7,200 Member
    @CravenLestat Great screenshots

@Karritz Great mermaid shots.
    I never played alot with them yet.

@bekkasan Alice and Adam are so cute togheter

@Mikezumi Boy seem to have great time at university.

all for now

@Silverofdreams30 thanks. For the past few years I've been on a quest to do what I haven't done before and playing with a household of mermaids is one of those things. I'm learning as we go.
  • king_of_simcity7king_of_simcity7 Posts: 25,102 Member
    @Karritz Beautiful underwater pictures :smile: I am just installing your green house! :smiley:

@CravenLestat :love:
    Simbourne
    screenshot_original.jpg
  • aricaraiaricarai Posts: 8,984 Member
    Likes & Awesomes passed around :mrgreen:
    Mikezumi wrote: »
    Page 2347

@aricarai Thanks for the lovely comments :)
    I use an auto romance mod by bluegenjutsu from Sims Asylum. It comes in many flavours. Mine includes teens and elders and only goes as far as proposal. I had the one that takes them all the way to marriage but it was getting annoying having my teens getting married when I left them to their own devices while visiting their partners or out for the day on community lots. I don't like to supervise my sims too much and it was becoming a pain.
    The house does have big windows but they have no neighbours :p
    Love your Contest entries! You have excellent taste :)

I'm pretty sure I have that mod too! :mrgreen:
    And thank you <3
    Oooh and Beathan grew up into a cutie pa-tootie!

@Charlottesmom - I'm loving Misunderstood. I'm only on part 6, but I'm 10 pages behind so I'm sure there's lots more to come! :smile:
    Those darn hidden message shirts :D

xLMrmlI.png

@CravenLestat - Love this shirt - I've got a mug that has this on it! :mrgreen:
    @gerefteast - your alien is SUPER cute! <3
    @OriginalMara - great date pictures on page 2352! What venue was that behind them?
    Well I have tried the greenhouse from @Karritz and I am impressed :smile:

I got a few shots of the inside and then realised how big it actually was!

Added to Roaring Heights

28070663_10155345518236497_441634916707977553_o.jpg?oh=aa536bb2ba2c174f87ad16339fd7473d&oe=5B218998

28061316_10155345518226497_6209017981033968434_o.jpg?oh=91bb95cd5cf92f7413d29af03d99f651&oe=5B0F303C

I love the detail and decoration that went into it

28235083_10155345518221497_3885832924587113343_o.jpg?oh=b60bde4fca258f82badf8212b0e81ccb&oe=5B08649B

28061005_10155345518346497_5184875106216802002_o.jpg?oh=8d44631731668d0b0b9da1dc7df6a1b5&oe=5B0BD9EE

28071045_10155345518351497_7030688261194094652_o.jpg?oh=d1a205668db4020c66d96526394043a2&oe=5AFFCF1F

28061429_10155345518356497_4203404542488090138_o.jpg?oh=9084f3f1ff60ddcd71625eece25d213c&oe=5B07AD3A

The money trees

28061439_10155345518711497_4070940580106530037_o.jpg?oh=06655b96e03b0fbbf768c30a1db847cf&oe=5B4DBCF7

Basement areas

28070453_10155345518691497_3233481872163549361_o.jpg?oh=a602795fb19d976a85d22279cdac8b1d&oe=5B0F24F1

27709647_10155345518721497_6016144321170243775_o.jpg?oh=07f10e0639d30c083eb07afbc169a709&oe=5B4B7AF6

28070507_10155345518861497_824874880436171066_o.jpg?oh=6a195b6cbc2d656ab4ec0ceff99b1243&oe=5B2056CF

28070416_10155345518881497_8700989522707485888_o.jpg?oh=b16e24a77ea2503f0177381569b01cdb&oe=5B196061

It is different to how I would build but it is good seeing what other players make and I really want to start looking more at other player's builds :smiley:
    Simbourne
    screenshot_original.jpg
    @coco - love your screenshots of the teens skating and enjoying the festival! Where's Kara's hair from?
    That family tree is incredible! WOW!
    edited February 2018
    @king_of_simcity7 that looks interesting in your game. It looks very different without the skylight studio window pieces.

skylight_H3_Lucky_Palms.jpg

You may find some of the stairs don't connect correctly as you get up to the higher levels.

But have fun.

I also see you don't have the greenhouse set. You're missing the swift gro gardening stations. I suspect most of it is there though.

EDIT: It looks like the game as replaced the swift gro gardening stations with columns.

This is the view of the roof from the other side of the building

Skylight_House_Roof001.jpg

I built that back in Jan/Feb 2013 so it's quite old now.
    @Karritz A few things would have been replaced but it was not an issue as nearly everything seemed to have been there. It is a good build though and I will get some more pictures later :smile:
    Simbourne
    screenshot_original.jpg
    @king_of_simcity7 there is store content but no custom content of any kind in it.
  • bekkasanbekkasan Posts: 10,171 Member

@CravenLestat Yep, told you I was old! I had thought you'd forgotten about me doing all that. I was so sad when the baby 'Tiny' grew up and had to leave the nest. :cry:

@Karritz I had to take the fawn out of my medieval save. The sliders or something was really borking the save. I was making things slow for that save so it had to be that. I took all the stuff and sliders out and removed the sim (I had only made one at that point) out and all went back to normal. I'll try again someday when I get my better puter. I still have all the stuff in a fawn folder. :) He was so cute and I made him two beautiful pets to go with his character. (if you remember every character I made for that save had a horse and some other pet that was special to them)

@coco Thanks. :) They are two of my favorites.

@gerefteast Thanks and no it would not be weird at all. I think it is from craven, but I put it in my saved pattern folder before I started adding pics so of course I don't have it identified in the folder, so not 100% sure.

@AftrNoonOvrRide Sorry to hear that. You might ask over in the sims 3 tech section what specs they recommend for what you have for sims 3 to install in a new puter. Tech section is very active still.

@Silverofdreams30 I agree! <3 He was the perfect mate for her!

@king_of_simcity7 You must not have the skylight studio spa venue.
    Karritz wrote: »
    @aricarai I like your St Patricks Day themed entrance to your build. Good luck with staying in the competition.

I also love the makeover you did to the master bedroom. And to way you've placed the pictures on the walls.

Thank you so much m'dear! We haven't heard anything about the results on the rooms or the next challenge, but I'm hoping it will be soon. Fingers crossed <3

@Mikezumi: I love that you've sent John and Jordan to university, too cute! My heart was sad for them though because they weren't doing the things that they normally do at home, like finding spots to woohoo all over town! Hopefully, they'll be back to their normal selves soon. What are they both studying?

@Nikkei_Simmer: I always crack up when I see your pictures with explosions all over town. Haha!

@polrbear: Love the dorm rooms. Very cute! <3
  • CharlottesmomCharlottesmom Posts: 7,015 Member
    Kids are on vacation this week and I'm awake at the crack of dawn...it would be nice to be able to sleep. [/endofpityparty ] :s

Backwards feedback again...

@Karritz , Gonna watch the video soon, I love underwater videos and mermaids are just the icing on the cake!
    **The only thing I hate about the plants in pots is the sprinklers don't water them (if memory serves)..

@bekkasan , Lucky ducky, you owned a baby T-Rex!! ;)
    **I want to get this on a t shirt..

38567897700_f242d728bb_c.jpg

**I echo mikezumi, it's a dang good thing Victor is not in their heads anymore!! :flushed:
    **The bowling faces!! :lol:
    **Eddy!!

@CravenLestat ..Yup, you're OLD too...time to join the old farts club. :smirk:
    **Poor scorched Sim!

@Mikezumi , LOL!! Jordan's posing cracked me up!! John did a....great job :o ?? ;)
    **EDDY!!! <3
    **Nice ducky catch Jordan!
    **John looks soooooooooo thrilled to be in class.. :D
    **I can see those hearts between Jordan and Cid!!
    **OMG! They boys look adorable in their jammies eating breakfast.
    **John's face before he tossed the test tube really is scary! :flushed:
    **Streakers central!!
    **Wait, I just realized, it's John's hair the hair you used on Elderly Shannon?
    **I love that you sent them to Uni!!
    **Poor John face planting so many times while bowling. :hushed:
    **Of course Jordan and Eddy got hearts! :heart:
    **LOL!! John and Eddy...HEARTS!
    **Skip is a poopy head!
    **John and Jordan's taking the aptitude test faces... :D
    **Your Don is adorable!
    **Nice shot of Clif...I mean Sam getting out of the shower. :wink:
    **If I remember correctly Jordan was always the emotional one at weddings..
    **Nice at home private wedding. :heart:
    **John still has it!!

@Nikkei_Simmer , That is a whole bunch of kabooms..

@imdragonit , I like interesting houses, you create some interesting houses! ;)

@PalmArrow , Love the bunnies and flowers pattern!! The kitty one is very cute too but bunnies are my first love. <3

@emorrill , I would have loved Nick to leave Vita, but I'm trying to have the story end exactly where a new SV opens. Vita and Nick may be a rotten couple but they need to be together and if I have Caroline with Nick I'll just have to break them up again and throw him back with Vita (all that would take away from Jared who I really need to concentrate on now).. No fear Caroline will be happy...for awhile.
    **Vita is not very pleasant and her looks echo that...she can't be improved too much without major plastic surgery. ;)
    **That is so funny you're using Richie too! ;)
    **I almost did journal entries with Meggie in the original play through of SO but since it was only me seeing it (never posted it) it seemed dumb. It was fun taking the notes for her entries though.

@king_of_simcity7 , Something seems amiss with those poses.. :lol:

@polrbear , Nice looking rooms..

@TadOlson , Nice CAW update..

@TinySpaceFox , I know I'm in the minority here but I still think David and Martin would make a wonderful couple!
    @bekkasan I don't like all of those body sliders either. It makes it so much harder when making a sim. But I have them in the game now. I was playing the Cake Island save for a few sim weeks and the fawns were walking around town. I have two of them. One I downloaded and didn't change much and the other I made from scratch.

Your save sounds magical. I hope you get your new computer soon. I'm still loving mine. I'm on it most of the time with all the different things I do. I am looking forward to your pictures of your game when you can do everything you want with it.

With my mermaids, I just added the four mermaids from Isla Paradiso to the household. Plus the butler. I stayed there for a while so the mermaids could harvest as I wanted stuff for them to plant in their new home when I build it.

The gardeners put everything in the fridge and I moved it all to Estelle's inventory. Of course there was a heap of flame fruit in it and she got all flakey. I finally found their butler - he was in town. I never see him around the house. Well I used Master Controller to add him to the household and transferred the flame fruit to his inventory. Then they got a new butler.

So the household is saved to my library now with four extra mermaids and a butler.

Then I launched a fresh copy of Cake Island and placed them on an empty 60x60 lot and added 3 more human sims from my library. One is really old and I haven't played since about 2010 and two I made last year and haven't done much with yet. They can all learn a few skills and I can get to know them a bit before I split them up into a few different houses around Cake Island. I'll add them all to the version of Cake Island that I set up already for the McFluff save.
    @Charlottesmom I hope you enjoy the videos. The sprinklers are base game and the pot plants were introduced somewhat later. I think it was with Supernatural. But it might have been with Seasons too. They don't seem to be compatible. But apparently one of the NRAAS mods make the sprinklers work with the soil mats, except they don't work in basements and that's where I prefer to garden - I don't like the gardens messing up the view above ground.
    Misunderstood Part 10:

As soon as Bessie and Xander got up to their vacation home Bessie called Joe and asked if he would like to come up for awhile and talk. He agreed that would be a good idea.

Screenshot-3151_zpsfnnl5dcj.jpg

Joe asked Bessie what Buster had said...

Screenshot-3162_zpsp6teynp2.jpg

"Well, Buster apologized for not telling me about his vasectomy, he said he only hid the truth because he thought he would lose me if he told me he could never father any children we may want in the future, he also said that he knew Xander was your son."

Screenshot-3160_zpsv8gneaxr.jpg

Joe could see that Bessie was rather upset about the whole thing and asked if she wanted to talk about it later. Bessie said she was fine they could talk now.

Screenshot-3163_zps69iikwst.jpg

Joe was an emotional wreck for some reason, he wished he could be with Bessie for the rest of his life but didn't even dare to think she would ever leave Buster.

Screenshot-3168_zpsxihsjbew.jpg

He had to ask even though his own father always told him "Joe, you should never ask a question you already know the answer to..." Joe knew the answer would be that Bessie wanted to stay with Buster, she had stated that very fact a few times in their relationship, it always put yet another crack in Joe's heart.

He gathered his courage and asked...

"Bessie, Do you ever think you could leave Buster and marry me? I've loved you for years and I will always love you, I want us to be together..."

Screenshot-3166_zpsgwyayhmn.jpg

Bessie smiled, those words warmed her heart but she and Buster had unfinished business and Bessie told Joe she had to talk to Buster before anything could be decided for the future.

Joe looked like he could start crying any minute so Bessie comforted him, she had a very good idea where things would end up but really needed to talk to Buster.

Screenshot-3175_zpsafdxst2k.jpg

Screenshot-3169_zpslvdnlfmf.jpg

Neither was sure who started what but soon they were kissing, it had been so long and felt so good neither wanted to let go...

Screenshot-3171_zpse9o5oq7s.jpg

Screenshot-3172_zpsdsb5amby.jpg

Joe couldn't get enough but willed himself to stop, he felt in his heart that soon Bessie would dump him yet again.

Later that afternoon Xander was begging to go to the park so Joe and Bessie took him, all he had been doing at the vacation home was sitting in front of the computer playing "Shooty" games as Bessie dubbed them. Xander went over to the swings and Bessie and Joe were in their own world chatting about whatever struck them.

Screenshot-3180_zpss74k1t7s.jpg

They were so into their own bubble that neither saw Buster approaching...he didn't appear a happy camper.

Screenshot-3183_zps9n2eoiwm.jpg

He cleared his throat a few times...

Screenshot-3189_zpsy9qr2e55.jpg

Finally Joe noticed him, Buster jumped on him about Xander, yelling that he should stay away from his son...

Screenshot-3191_zpsvzicm5mj.jpg

Joe countered that Xander was in fact HIS son!

Screenshot-3190_zpszmpa9j0q.jpg

Bessie joined in telling Buster that nobody was going to take Xander away from him unless he kept acting like a crazy person.

"This is not the place for this discussion Buster!"

Screenshot-3193_zpswy9hmojq.jpg

"But Bessie..........." Buster yelled...

"We will discuss this at home!" Bessie said lowering her voice..

Screenshot-3194_zpsfwlpammk.jpg

Xander heard all the yelling and ran over (he really did ;) !) , the adults immediately shut up for the sake of the child. There would need to be a long talk with Xander tonight.

Screenshot-3197_zpsblttpfjs.jpg

***I'm sure most of you are wondering what all this has to do with why Jared is the way Jared is in the base game....there is a method to my madness and it is all interconnected, I'm just taking a wavy route to the ending. The direct route is never much fun anyways.... :smiley::wink:
    Misunderstood Part 11:

Bessie was about to leave the park with Xander, she really needed to have a talk with the poor child about his fathers, she told Buster she would talk to him later, they needed to get some things straitened out.

Screenshot-3207_zpswc62sdks.jpg

Back at the vacation house Bessie and Xander could have a nice long talk about how he came to be and Bessie would answer any questions the child had.

Xander started first, he was a very curious child...

"So are you my real mom?"

Screenshot-3378_zpsrybbxwmq.jpg

Bessie was taken aback, and laughed a bit, "Yes, Xander I am your real mom" she said with a smile, it was a good ice breaker on Xander's part.

Screenshot-3380_zpsazeto1lj.jpg

"Your real father is Joe...incase you were wondering..."

Screenshot-3375_zps7fnh71jn.jpg

"Can I meet him mom?" Xander asked hopefully

"You know him Xander, He is Paulo's father" (Bessie doesn't know that Nick is Paulo's real father)

"So Mr. Frio is my dad too?" Xander asked getting excited

"Yes, but Buster will always be your dad too, you can have two dads now..." Bessie stated trying to put a cheerful spin on the whole situation.

Screenshot-3373_zpsocuquv2n.jpg

"And another brother...!" Xander excitedly questioned.

"Actually you get three new half brothers, Joe has three sons, Connor, Jared and Paulo"

Screenshot-3376_zpsgoivakwt.jpg

"When can I meet Connor and Jared mom?"

"How about we invite them over tonight, would that be okay with you?" Bessie really wanted Xander to meet his half brothers and get to know them, Bessie wanted to meet then too as she had really only seen pictures.

Screenshot-3391_zpscwcsique.jpg

Bessie called Joe and invited him and the kids over to meet Xander, Joe was excited, he thought it was a great idea.

Screenshot-3404_zpsbkcy5ci9.jpg

As the time ticked on Xander started to get a bit nervous...

Screenshot-3402_zps8jk5y2ok.jpg

That night Xander met his new brothers, they all appeared to get along....so far....

Meeting Connor....

Screenshot-3430_zpsmguxgwll.jpg

Screenshot-3431_zps2hkb4oed.jpg

Screenshot-3432_zpsczv8jyzm.jpg

Xander even gave Joe a hug, from the few minutes he spent with his real father he seemed to like him...

Screenshot-3429_zpswux5qerf.jpg

Things seemed to be going well for the half brothers...

:smiley:

@Mikezumi: Hahaha! Dying at that sketch of Jordan and his posing skills too! <3

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top