Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Amazon Challenge-Tribe Wahine 3/5

Comments

• pammiechickpammiechick Posts: 12,262 Member
    edited December 2015
    EDITED***THREAD IS FIXED***

Please continue to the next episode: HAWIKA HOLDS COURT
    Post edited by pammiechick on
    iTvMKZ8.jpg
  • roseinblack69roseinblack69 Posts: 4,070 Member
    It's really sad... :( How it could happen @pammiechick? :( I'm going to bookmark your new thread <3
  • fierysimmerfierysimmer Posts: 92 Member
    I'll definitely bookmark the new one, it really sucks that this one is broken.
  • Spottydog714Spottydog714 Posts: 2,518 Member
    Okay, so I can't post here anymore. I'm going to set up a new thread for this. So sorry!!! I will post the link soon. I know I'm going to lose so many fans by this. Ugh!!! Please bookmark the new page once I get it up!

No, don't worry, I'll still be a loyal fan! New thread bookmarked! =)
    EkpFDaf.png
    Stories: Looking For Mum's Murderer | The Bachelorette | Fifteen
  • nessanewbynessanewby Posts: 241 Member
    Bookmarking new thread NOW. Feel awful for you about this one breaking! so Sorry!
    I think I found a fix. I will try to post the next episode.

Screenshot_627.jpg

Hawika is so excited to have her court assembled in the new council chambers. Earlier, when they met in the throne room, she gave them each matching courtwear with her Firestorm crest on the chest. All members are delineated by their different colors of leggings and jewelry that designate their duties. She can’t believe how gorgeous and smart these women are. They will make history today!

Screenshot_589.jpg

“Thank you, ladies, for your time and collaboration in this historic event. I will not burden you with pleasantries but will get down to our main order of business. That is, as you well know, slaves’ rights.

“On the docket first is--should we free the slaves?”

First to speak is Anya North—the new Scholar as the other Scholar had to step down. She pushes her hands down and crosses her eyes. “Under no circumstances could we ever do without slaves! We would create a riot among all Amazon women!”

Hawika laughs for she did not think that would ever get through her council but she thought she’d start high so she could get them used to giving slaves at least some rights.

Screenshot_592.jpg

All the other women laugh as well at such a ridiculous notion.

“Fine,” Hawika continues, happy that everyone is in high spirits. “We definitely wouldn’t want to start a panic around the Amazon. How about marriage?”

Screenshot_593.jpg

Kosumi Matunaaga smiles broadly. “I like the idea of that. I think Amazon women should be allowed to choose their mate from among slaves. But slaves would still know their place. An Amazon would always rule in the family.”

Ysa Lionne, the new Explorer, raises an eyebrow. “Yes, sister, but what about a Creator? Should we ever allow a Creator to have a male mate rule beside her?”

Hawika’s insides pinged at that. If they wouldn’t allow a mate for a Creator, she would never be able to marry Lakeki and although she could make her own rules as queen, she needs her council’s blessings on the most important issues. This is one.

Screenshot_595.jpg

Mara Adamor, the royal Shaman, chimes in, “I think not. It would upset the balance we have of peace and tranquility that we’ve achieved for hundreds of years. A man cannot be near the throne of a tribe.”

All women nod in agreement. Hawika knits her eyebrows even though she sees the wisdom in this.

Screenshot_602.jpg

Lomasi Keronape, the Gatherer, raises her hand. “What about breeding slaves? Should they be allowed to marry?”

“I don’t believe any man should be able to marry an Amazon woman,” Mara retorts. “It gives them too much power.”

Screenshot_620.jpg

“With all due respect, Lady Mara,” Anya North interjects, “I believe a Master slave should earn the right to marry from among the Amazon women. Most Master slaves are of high caliber and are very loyal. I had one myself many suns ago. He would have made a wonderful husband to one of my tribal sisters, even though I would have wanted to marry him myself. But I do understand the folly in that. He would have had way too much power in influencing my decisions.”

Hawika nods. Lakeki already had much say so in how she had run her tribe, but she felt grateful for his input. Maybe marriage wasn’t what she truly needed. She adds, “I believe a Master slave should earn the right to marry from among the women but not Creators. Now then--what about a love relationship, if the Creator so chose this? But only for a Master slave?”

Screenshot_618.jpg

Amadahy Blessing Moon answers, “I think this would be fine, but only if he had the support of all members of the tribe. If the tribe dislikes the Master slave or the relationship to the Creator, they should be able to say so.”

Hawika smiles. “This sounds agreeable. What say all of you?”

The rest of the council agrees to this change.

“Next,” Hawika says, heart thumping as this will affect her son in the most desperate way, “what about a Creator’s son? You’ve all met my son, Aulani, and have seen his loyalty in training me to be able to ascend to the throne. And you’ve also witnessed how humble and giving he is. Do you think the law should be changed to kill all Creator’s sons?” Just the thought makes Hawika’s mouth dry.

This put everyone in a somber mood.

Amadahy speaks first, “I think long and hard about this as I’ve put my own sons in a pit as sacrifice. And although this grieved my heart so much, I believe they will come to power too easily, my queen. Your Aulani is an example of this. He is so charming. All of us are in love with him! Wouldn’t we do whatever he asked? Is this not true power? No, I believe old rules are correct in this. We cannot allow a slave to rule even in shadow.”

Kosumi waves her arms angrily, “How can you say such a thing, Lady Amadahy? Aulani respects all of us! He would never deem himself worthy enough to rule even at Ysa’s side. I don’t agree at all! I believe a Creator’s son should be able to become a Master slave of his tribe and therefore, be able to live there until elder and even be able to take a wife!”

Ysa tries to say something, but Mara explodes from the other side of the council chamber.

Screenshot_614.jpg

“This is folly!” Mara cries. “A Creator’s son cannot be allowed to stay at a tribe. He would wield too much power! If we forgo the old rules then he must be banished at the very least.”

All at once, everyone starts to interject their opinion. Hawika rubs her temples. As she feared from the beginning, the council is divided.

Screenshot_597.jpg

“Enough!” Hawika shouts. “I am queen of this land, and what I say goes. We are having this discussion because I believe all of you to be wise counselors, but if you are going to degrade this council into a shouting match, I will ask all of you to leave and send you my own changes to the laws without your input! Is that clear?”

Screenshot_606.jpg

The council chamber grows quiet as all the women’s faces fall.

A long silence shouts in Hawika’s ears. She’s not sure how to proceed, when a welcoming calm voice speaks.

Screenshot_596.jpg

“May I tell you of what happened to my brother, Queen Hawika?” Ysa asks.

Hawika nods, waving her arm in consent.

“Out of anger at his impending doom, he decided to set our whole village on fire rather than face the pit of death. Had the law been different, I know he as well as most of my tribal sisters would be alive today. Furthermore, I believe my brother would have made a worthy Master slave, wonderful husband, and loving father. He would not have wanted to rise to power. He just wanted to live.”

Screenshot_609.jpg

“Mara Adamore, Lomasi Keronape, and Amadahy Blessing Moon, what say you to this?”

Screenshot_612.jpg

Lomasi sweeps her arms wide. “I never thought about it that way for the Creator’s son. I only thought about their duty to their tribe, not at how horrible their fate might be. I think if we put strict rules over Creator’s sons, then they should be able to function as a worthy part of their tribe without the threat of usurping power.”

Screenshot_608.jpg

Eyes widening, Amadahy says, “I guess this could work, but the rules must be strict. If the Creator heiress has any qualms against her brother, she could call for his death. She must feel safe.”

“That sounds reasonable,” Hawika announces. “Are all in agreement?”

Screenshot_613.jpg

“One thing,” Kosumi adds. “I feel that before a Creator may put her brother to death that he should have the right to come here for judgment in the matter. Revenge is not becoming of an Amazon and so if there is bad blood between a sister and brother, she cannot put him to death out of her own power.”

Ysa nods. “I agree with this.”

Screenshot_624.jpg

“Very well!” Hawika proclaims, eying each of her ladies trying to discern if there is any dissention. She sees none, so she orders, “Anya North, please put these rules on paper so our royal slaves can disseminate our rulings to the Amazon world. It will be binding on all households henceforth! The first royal tribal meeting of Queen Hawika Firestorm is closed.”

Screenshot_621.jpg

The women clap and cheer...except for one.

New episode today on this thread! Stay tuned!
    iTvMKZ8.jpg
  • MarialeinMarialein Posts: 2,885 Member
    edited January 2016
    “Hey you,” Ysa says, finding Aulani in the bar in the palace basement.

Screenshot_628.jpg

Aulani spins around to find Ysa smiling at him. “Hello, my lady. What can I do for you this morning?”

Screenshot_630.jpg

“Did you hear the news? Creator’s sons are no longer sacrificed! You may return to Tribe Wahine and become a Master Slave. Isn’t that wonderful?”

Screenshot_631.jpg

Aulani grabs Ysa around the waist and leans in, “I heard what you said at the meeting. I think you’re wonderful.”

Pulling back, Ysa giggles hesitantly. “Aulani, stop! Those slaves will see us!”

“They don’t see anything but each other. Come here.”

Screenshot_632.jpg

Ysa gives in and melts underneath Aulani’s warm kiss. She loves every moment they share together. She will mourn the day when he returns to his tribe.

Screenshot_634.jpg

Meanwhile, a new slave, Tonai “Meatball” Corleonei, is bringing Leia the news of Aulani’s return.

“And so, once Aulani’s child is born, he will return to this tribe as Master Slave.”

Leia glares. “What if I don’t allow his return? What if I banish him?”

Screenshot_641.jpg

“On what grounds, Creator Heiress? Now, you must have a good reason to banish a slave.”

Screenshot_642.jpg

“Look, you can go back to my mother and tell her I don’t need a breeding slave like you. I need a Master Slave, and I don’t trust my brother to do the job. That’s the grounds. He will usurp power here and make my life miserable! How could she do such a thing as make sweeping changes to Amazon law that have been around for hundreds of years! It’s insane!”

Screenshot_639.jpg

Tonai’s face grows serious. “If you send me back, it will shame me. I am a Master Slave as well. I’ve been trained at the top of my class. If you use me then it will be hard for Aulani to claim it for himself without a fight. He might decide to move to another tribe. That is his prerogative.”

Screenshot_640.jpg

“Very well,” Leia says. “But first you must go to my mother and tell her I will decline her invitation to celebrate my birthday at the palace. I will have it here and with only you and Kiva by my side. I do not wish anyone but my mother to come to the Creator’s installation ceremony and I definitely do NOT want to see my brother again. Tell her to have him do something else. He’s not welcome.”

Screenshot_643.jpg

Tonai does as Leia asks. When he arrives back at Tribe Wahine, Leia doesn’t speak to him, but ages up without fanfare.

Screenshot_646.jpg

“Master slave,” Leia says once she’s become a young adult. “What did my mother say about my demands?”

Screenshot_648.jpg

“She says you must receive Aulani as Master Slave or face the council in judgment. If Aulani is deemed unsafe or unfit to be Master Slave then your demands will be upheld. She warns that you will not win. Every member of the council is Aulani’s friend. They don’t even know who you are since you’ve passed up numerous opportunities to meet them.”

Screenshot_651.jpg

Leia sits at the kitchen bar and throws up her hand. “How can this be? How can a slave hold so much power? It isn’t fair.”

Screenshot_652.jpg

A sly look covers Tonai’s face. “There is a way, Creator Heiress. But we must be careful.”
    Post edited by pammiechick on
    iTvMKZ8.jpg
  • ElesmeraElesmera Posts: 556 Member
    Awesome chapter @pammiechick
  • MarialeinMarialein Posts: 2,885 Member
    Looks like there are Tonys in every story now :D It is always cool to see him. I fear what Leia is up to...
    Awesome chapter as always
    Marialein wrote: »
    Looks like there are Tonys in every story now :D It is always cool to see him. I fear what Leia is up to...
    Awesome chapter as always

I know! When I saw he was in a few stories, I just had to have him. He's a great character. He comes with some...interesting traits. Great for storytelling! And those eyes! **heart flutter** :love:

iTvMKZ8.jpg
  • roseinblack69roseinblack69 Posts: 4,070 Member
    I adore Tony with long hair, he reminds me my one old friend <3:D I wonder how Tony has to feel hearing that "slave has too much power", I hate this sentence :/ But I know Tony is very smart guy and if he helps Leia it doesn't mean he's on her side ;) Honestly I like Leia less and less, she looks to me one of those people what are afraid to lose their power, they can do anything for that. She is totally different than her mother. But we'll see what will happen later ;)
    Thanks for the great chapter @pammiechick, I enjoyed reading it as always <3
  • SterretjeeeSterretjeee Posts: 3,019 Member
    I knew it! After the sibling fight, Aulani should've known he would face trouble back home! I just hope they'll find a good solution.

Now this thread seems to be doing okay, will you continue posting here instead of on the other thread?
  • TheGeekGamezTheGeekGamez Posts: 706 Member
    i keep disliking Leia more and more...
    I knew it! After the sibling fight, Aulani should've known he would face trouble back home! I just hope they'll find a good solution.

Now this thread seems to be doing okay, will you continue posting here instead of on the other thread?

Yes...the threads are fixed now and I won't have to resort to the other thread. Sorry for the confusion, but this is the best way for new people coming into the story. New people read this all the time. Thanks for your patience!
    iTvMKZ8.jpg
  • SpurklyNinjaSpurklyNinja Posts: 76 Member
    Great storytelling as usual! I'm not liking Leia as much anymore and it's got me thinking how she will act once Aulani comes back... Will be interesting to see how this goes..
    ~Live a little, and dance a lot while you're at it~
  • nessanewbynessanewby Posts: 241 Member
    <3<3<3 as always Pammie!
  • Ruby10990Ruby10990 Posts: 491 Member
    Leia's right, the slaves are getting way too much power.
  • anaitapevaanaitapeva Posts: 917 Member
    Uh oh...I knew Leia would not be pleased at the changes. Will she someday trust Aulani again? :(
  • amberthezombieamberthezombie Posts: 214 Member
    Great chapter :smile:<3 I actually like Leia... I think she has reason to not trust Aulani, although maybe she's being a bit harsh :neutral:
  • AllyTod13AllyTod13 Posts: 114 Member
    Amazing updates, but i have to admit that Leia is becoming kind of a meany :( Still though Aulani did threaten her life kind of so I understand her attitude towards him.
  • IchigoUsagiIchigoUsagi Posts: 822 Member
    @Marialein Yeah, Tony really does seem to be everywhere now. :grin: His name sounds a little bit funny in the amazon, though.
    @Marialein Yeah, Tony really does seem to be everywhere now. :grin: His name sounds a little bit funny in the amazon, though.

True...I thought of changing it, but I JUST couldn't...and besides, since Hawika has people coming from all over the Amazon, you just never know where his original tribe was from... ;)
    iTvMKZ8.jpg
  • XSimMimXXSimMimX Posts: 613 Member
    Great chapter. I still like Leia though, she does have some grounds to base her suspicions on, and I feel sorry for her, growing up with her own mother's affections on her brother. It does seem like slaves are gaining a lot of power, so I somewhat agree with her. She's gone a little bit far, though.
  • Spottydog714Spottydog714 Posts: 2,518 Member
    Seriously, Leia. Isn't this taking it a bit far?

Love the dramatic turn of events @pammiechick =)
    EkpFDaf.png
    Stories: Looking For Mum's Murderer | The Bachelorette | Fifteen